Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Mon 28th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W18 D5 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1531219 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,177 posts | 2594 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26225: Sep 14, 2020 12:00:31 pm

You said FSG have been here ten years and it’s only since Klopp came in that we have been competitive, I didn’t say we had won anything under Rogers, but WE WERE COMPETITIVE,  No ?

You can stop playing with your wooden spoon now !

Y  N  W  A

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 1443 
      Reply #26226: Sep 14, 2020 01:23:35 pm
      That's not the same as not being competitive, for example Everton have not been competitive to win the league in a long long time, until last season were we at the same level in the league in your opinion?

Up until jurgen had arrived we had won one league cup under FSG ownership.

Very nearly won the title but I think we’re all in agreement it was because we had Luis Suarez. Most of the time we were languishing around 7th or 8th. Before Klopp came, how many times had we qualified for the champions league under FSG? And you’re telling me we were competitive ;D.

Out of curiosity heimdall, do you just quote everybody on a daily basis, regardless what they post, and just argue the other side just for the sake of it?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,731 posts | 772 
      Reply #26227: Sep 14, 2020 02:03:31 pm
      Out of curiosity heimdall, do you just quote everybody on a daily basis, regardless what they post, and just argue the other side just for the sake of it?

It's called stress testing your arguments. Never mind if the stress tester is flawed in his tests. It's about how you can withstand heavy probing of your views and arguments. Too bad if you crumble.

As the saying goes "if you're world class you'll not make a mistake, let alone schoolboy errors on the world stage. If not, you're under consideration to be dropped for the next match as a punishment even if you're Mbappe."  >:D Don't make a mistake in your arguments. Be consistent.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,865 posts | 3325 
      Reply #26228: Sep 14, 2020 02:52:25 pm

Very nearly won the title but I think we’re all in agreement it was because we had Luis Suarez. Most of the time we were languishing around 7th or 8th. Before Klopp came, how many times had we qualified for the champions league under FSG? And you’re telling me we were competitive ;D.

Apparently the word “languish” and LFC’s none achievement under FSG pre-Klopp is not for scrutiny, exactly what percentage of our current success under the same custodians is now incalculable despite the acknowledged genius of the manager.
      Truth be told Klopp is the major element of LFC’s success.

LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,874 posts | 1457 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #26229: Sep 14, 2020 03:03:00 pm
      You can stop playing with your wooden spoon now !

It's not wooden, it's diamond tipped titanium, there's no wearing that C**t out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,171 posts | 4630 
      Reply #26230: Sep 14, 2020 05:06:06 pm
      The best thing to come out of the Brendan Rodgers era, was Jürgen Klopp.

It was Suarez you f**king loon!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #26231: Sep 14, 2020 06:46:37 pm

No not at all, you'll find I'm fairly consistent on my positions.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,578 posts | 2277 
      Reply #26232: Sep 14, 2020 06:54:09 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,185 posts | 1651 
      Reply #26233: Sep 14, 2020 08:25:36 pm
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #26234: Sep 14, 2020 10:30:30 pm
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 693 posts | 250 
      Reply #26235: Sep 15, 2020 12:10:11 pm
      No you're not...
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #26236: Sep 15, 2020 03:47:31 pm

Do you have any examples?

BTW the accusation here is that I constantly flip flop and argue different sides of the same argument, its not that I over time change my opinion about a player or team etc.
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 693 posts | 250 
      Reply #26237: Sep 15, 2020 04:42:05 pm
      Do you have any examples?

BTW the accusation here is that I constantly flip flop and argue different sides of the same argument, its not that I over time change my opinion about a player or team etc.
      The accusation was that you just quote someone and argue the opposite for no reason other than to be argumentative. 

My reply has clearly "whooshed" you...

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,553 posts | 805 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26238: Sep 15, 2020 04:58:02 pm
      Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,578 posts | 2277 
      Reply #26239: Sep 15, 2020 05:00:58 pm
      Somebody will post that water is wet and a few posts down Heimdall will have quoted it saying that water is in fact dry and actually feels like sawdust

;D

Then a couple of days later, hed argue that it's not even water in the first place
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,553 posts | 805 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26240: Sep 15, 2020 05:42:10 pm
      Then a couple of days later, hed argue that it's not even water in the first place

"Water is wet"

Heimdall: Can you provide me with a link for that?

😂
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #26241: Sep 15, 2020 11:52:37 pm
      The accusation was that you just quote someone and argue the opposite for no reason other than to be argumentative. 

My reply has clearly "whooshed" you...

Not really "whooshed" as much as evaporated like hot air. Unless you have examples where I change positions to argue with different people on the same topic at the same time, I'd ask you to kindly STFU.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #26242: Sep 15, 2020 11:53:28 pm

;D

Hmm and I'm the one accused of wumming 🤔😉
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 693 posts | 250 
      Reply #26243: Sep 16, 2020 11:53:50 am
      Not really "whooshed" as much as evaporated like hot air. Unless you have examples where I change positions to argue with different people on the same topic at the same time, I'd ask you to kindly STFU.
      I did, as a joke, precisely what you were accused of; just disagreeing with others for the sake of it!  So yes WWHHOOOOOSSHH over your Maguire-like head!

So do us all a favour on here and YOU kindly STFU!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,731 posts | 772 
      Reply #26244: Sep 16, 2020 12:28:48 pm
      I did, as a joke, precisely what you were accused of; just disagreeing with others for the sake of it!  So yes WWHHOOOOOSSHH over your Maguire-like head!

So do us all a favour on here and YOU kindly STFU!!

It’s all good. Someone is just too enthusiastic about dropping players to “teach them a lesson”, only to find out nearer the match day that these players are the best we’ve got, and opted to start them. Of course with a caveat of threatening to drop them if they underperform. I believe there was Bobby and I think now is VVD for the next match. 

The idea of dropping them gets us defending these so called “complacent” players. That’s when water is dry.

;D

Come match day... We need to start our best players which calls for backtracking... Otherwise we might start a match with full of kids because first team players needs to be “punished”.

And when they underperform again, that’s where the cycle restarts. It’s like going to a carnival.

That is why... (in general and not talking about anyone in particular) never judge the players too early especially when they play badly. Because you’ll have to keep following through on why they’re so bad. And if they play well, you’ll have to find flaws in their game to maintain your stance. Because you passed your judgement earlier. Rather maintain openness (like the majority of us) and be objective. I’m sure that’s less stressful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,171 posts | 4630 
      Reply #26245: Sep 17, 2020 07:28:56 pm
      Hmm and I'm the one accused of wumming 🤔😉

That's not wumming, that's what I'd call taking the piss!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,865 posts | 3325 
      Reply #26246: Sep 19, 2020 01:29:00 pm

Blanked the eejit within months of joining the forum 10+ years ago, waste of brain cells acknowledging the sh*te he posts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,171 posts | 4630 
      Reply #26247: Sep 19, 2020 05:05:06 pm
      I love FSG*

*Might have something to do with receiving my bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk!! :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,696 posts | 3672 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #26248: Sep 19, 2020 05:09:48 pm

You're consistent, alright.

Consistently a tw*t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,786 posts | 4199 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26249: Sep 22, 2020 12:53:36 am
      Think this guy needs even more credit then he gets, can certainly pull out a ripper deal!

Who buys Thiago for 5 million a year over 4 years + add ons? That's ridiculous.  :D :D

Quick Reply