Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2761737 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26220: Jan 29, 2021 11:12:40 am
      Hello all

Nice to see nothing has changed

It was the same in the summer

Why havenā€™t we bought this player and that player - tbink Thiago and Jota arrives plus Tsimikas

Itā€™s very hard to take emotions out of things but letā€™s try and be sensible and also listen to the manager and look at the history

1. The club works on a self sufficient model , spends money it makes - we all know that. When Chelsea and City were spending owners personal money we all used to sit on moral high ground and clearly state -ā€œour club will never be like that ā€œ - we want it to stand on its own two feet and be financially viable - I donā€™t want the club to rely on owners own pockets

2. The club spend money on players very well - can we point to many players since Edwards arrived and go - that was poor ? I certainly canā€™t. They know what they are doing - they only buy the right player , they donā€™t go to ā€œsecond choicesā€ - that was evident with VVD when we initially didnā€™t get him. As Klopp said - we are always looking at players but will only bring in the right player

3. Current situation and finances - the clubs wage bill is one of the highest in the league , I believe itā€™s nearly 60-70% of turnover.  We have lost 12 months of matchday income whilst still have to pay 100% of the staff - as a club because of the model we will be restricted on the amount of money we can spend - we still managed to spend Ā£70plus mil on players

So really we need to calm down a touch , trust the people that run our club - if we canā€™t trust them now then we never will. Let them do their jobs - they are better at it than any of us

They will only get in a player if itā€™s right for the club , if the finances are right , if itā€™s the player they want .

Remember all the reaction after Chelsea bought Werner - have the teddies and toys been picked up just so they can be thrown again

We also need to stop comparing ourselves to other clubs - they will have differing financial models -

Look at the last 4 years - see how well the club has done under the current process

And finally trust the manager to do what he is paid to do .

If you donā€™t believe in the club and the way it works then start a protest up or jump across the park
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26221: Jan 29, 2021 07:22:51 pm
      Hello all

Nice to see nothing has changed

It was the same in the summer

Why havenā€™t we bought this player and that player - tbink Thiago and Jota arrives plus Tsimikas

Itā€™s very hard to take emotions out of things but letā€™s try and be sensible and also listen to the manager and look at the history

1. The club works on a self sufficient model , spends money it makes - we all know that. When Chelsea and City were spending owners personal money we all used to sit on moral high ground and clearly state -ā€œour club will never be like that ā€œ - we want it to stand on its own two feet and be financially viable - I donā€™t want the club to rely on owners own pockets

2. The club spend money on players very well - can we point to many players since Edwards arrived and go - that was poor ? I certainly canā€™t. They know what they are doing - they only buy the right player , they donā€™t go to ā€œsecond choicesā€ - that was evident with VVD when we initially didnā€™t get him. As Klopp said - we are always looking at players but will only bring in the right player

3. Current situation and finances - the clubs wage bill is one of the highest in the league , I believe itā€™s nearly 60-70% of turnover.  We have lost 12 months of matchday income whilst still have to pay 100% of the staff - as a club because of the model we will be restricted on the amount of money we can spend - we still managed to spend Ā£70plus mil on players

So really we need to calm down a touch , trust the people that run our club - if we canā€™t trust them now then we never will. Let them do their jobs - they are better at it than any of us

They will only get in a player if itā€™s right for the club , if the finances are right , if itā€™s the player they want .

Remember all the reaction after Chelsea bought Werner - have the teddies and toys been picked up just so they can be thrown again

We also need to stop comparing ourselves to other clubs - they will have differing financial models -

Look at the last 4 years - see how well the club has done under the current process

And finally trust the manager to do what he is paid to do .

If you donā€™t believe in the club and the way it works then start a protest up or jump across the park

Sorry but the net spend says that they don't spend the money the club make. JĆ¼rgen has won the CL and EPL(we have been in the CL since 2017) so where has all the revenue gone from all that success?(We have sold melwood for 10m and built Kirkby for 50m,FSG loaned the club the money for the new stand(115m),the net spend of around 20m per season and FSG are telling JĆ¼rgen there's no money?The net spend in the summer was around 30m. It's only because JĆ¼rgen has worked miracles that the owners are getting away with it otherwise every fan would say FSG need to support JĆ¼rgen more,we have NO experienced fit CB's,we should have had a target long before the window opened and sorted in on the 4th of January.It looks as though FSG have found around 4m for Kaide Gordon (16 year old from Derby) so i'll be amazed if we don't get a CB on loan or permanently.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #26222: Jan 29, 2021 07:31:04 pm
      Sorry but the net spend says that they don't spend the money the club make. JĆ¼rgen has won the CL and EPL(we have been in the CL since 2017) so where has all the revenue gone from all that success?(We have sold melwood for 10m and built Kirkby for 50m,FSG loaned the club the money for the new stand(115m),the net spend of around 20m per season and FSG are telling JĆ¼rgen there's no money?The net spend in the summer was around 30m. It's only because JĆ¼rgen has worked miracles that the owners are getting away with it otherwise every fan would say FSG need to support JĆ¼rgen more,we have NO experienced fit CB's,we should have had a target long before the window opened and sorted in on the 4th of January.It looks as though FSG have found around 4m for Kaide Gordon (16 year old from Derby) so i'll be amazed if we don't get a CB on loan or permanently.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03442228/filing-history

Read the accounts to help educate yourself

Unless you think the money Is going elsewhere
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #26223: Jan 29, 2021 07:48:11 pm
      I hope the club stays put and does nothing. It will benefit us. I rather sacrifice this season than buy a panic that prevents us to buy top quality (Mbappe, Umapecano, Alaba,...) in the summer.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26224: Jan 29, 2021 08:02:29 pm
      I hope the club stays put and does nothing. It will benefit us. I rather sacrifice this season than buy a panic that prevents us to buy top quality (Mbappe, Umapecano, Alaba,...) in the summer.

Alaba i believe would come on a free, though obviously at prime wages.

Mbappe i saw his quote that he's going to consider his future at PSG but not sure when his contract expires.

Over the next 1-2 years we will see significant movement as the team turns over as we have many key players at 30yo or older, so it will definitely be interesting.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #26225: Jan 29, 2021 08:07:10 pm
      We will 100% not be signing Mbappe in the Summer.

Wages people.

Haaland would be a more realistic target but likely not until Summer 2022.
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #26226: Jan 29, 2021 09:02:41 pm
      Mbappe fee would surely be astronomical, canā€™t see us paying that and that doesnā€™t take into account his wages. Would love to see him here though!

Think Bri made a thread or a post about maybe if this summer we will see a large overhaul and I tend to go along with that, our current group have been together a long time now which is unusual in football.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26227: Jan 29, 2021 09:33:34 pm
      Mbappe fee would surely be astronomical, canā€™t see us paying that and that doesnā€™t take into account his wages. Would love to see him here though!

Think Bri made a thread or a post about maybe if this summer we will see a large overhaul and I tend to go along with that, our current group have been together a long time now which is unusual in football.

The biggest problem would be ripple effect of his wages on the rest of the team. Mbappe would be our highest paid player but a landslide and immediately you'd have Van Dijk, Mane, Salah, Firmino, etc asking for a raise.
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #26228: Jan 29, 2021 09:36:34 pm
      We will 100% not be signing Mbappe in the Summer.

Wages people.

Haaland would be a more realistic target but likely not until Summer 2022.

Rather have Haaland tbh
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26229: Jan 29, 2021 09:41:21 pm

100%.

Halaand and Jota, just need another winger and we got a new front 3 for the next 5+ years.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #26230: Jan 29, 2021 10:06:04 pm
      100%.

Halaand and Jota, just need another winger and we got a new front 3 for the next 5+ years.

FSG won't buy a CB ffs Hallandale and Mbappe is pie in the sky
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26231: Jan 29, 2021 10:18:04 pm
      FSG won't buy a CB ffs Hallandale and Mbappe is pie in the sky

:lmao:

Just how big of a clown are you.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26232: Jan 29, 2021 10:33:41 pm

The outlay on players is 20m net per season(less than 1 Brewster) so you have to question why a club as big and as successful as Liverpool
      can only afford that?Are we being mismanaged?we are only where we are because of JĆ¼rgen and his staff,we need to enjoy JĆ¼rgen until 2024 then the sh*t will hit the fan if we have the same owners.We won 1 league cup in the first 5 years of this ownership and they sacked Kenny afterwards,were you one of those in support of FSG then?They got lucky with JĆ¼rgen,I don't think any other manager would have delivered what JĆ¼rgen has on his budget.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #26233: Jan 29, 2021 10:59:38 pm
      The outlay on players is 20m net per season(less than 1 Brewster) so you have to question why a club as big and as successful as Liverpool
      can only afford that?Are we being mismanaged?we are only where we are because of JĆ¼rgen and his staff,we need to enjoy JĆ¼rgen until 2024 then the sh*t will hit the fan if we have the same owners.We won 1 league cup in the first 5 years of this ownership and they sacked Kenny afterwards,were you one of those in support of FSG then?They got lucky with JĆ¼rgen,I don't think any other manager would have delivered what JĆ¼rgen has on his budget.

You donā€™t seem to be able to grasp factual evidence

Have you even looked at the accounts and seen the outgoings as well as the incomings

How much profit do you believe the club makes after all the outgoings each year ? Do you understand the size of the wage bill for example.

Why do people like yourself just concentrate on ā€œnetā€ spend ?

Why are you going on about Kenny ? How is that relevant ?

As for Klopps budget - he has spent Ā£500mil on players , broke transfer records for both GK and Defender

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-financial-accounts-coronavirus-champions-19288833.amp
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #26234: Jan 29, 2021 11:53:15 pm
      Personally I don't think in this instance it is the owners fault.  In my opinion it is the people in between FSG and Klopp that have done a fantastic job but in this state of emergency they have not delivered a viable option or not yet anyway.   I can't see the owners myself saying no you can't sign anyone, you have no defenders tough!   I just can't comprehend it.  They have said there is money available may not be as much as some would want but there will be money available it is about delivering the deal.   

I can believe FSG saying we aren't paying 55m for Dayot now when we can get him for 36m in Summer just for argument sake, or we aren't paying 30m or whatever for Alba when we can get him for no transfer fee in the summer. 

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26235: Jan 30, 2021 12:14:16 am

You donā€™t seem to be able to grasp factual evidence

Have you even looked at the accounts and seen the outgoings as well as the incomings

How much profit do you believe the club makes after all the outgoings each year ? Do you understand the size of the wage bill for example.

Why do people like yourself just concentrate on ā€œnetā€ spend ?

Why are you going on about Kenny ? How is that relevant ?

As for Klopps budget - he has spent Ā£500mil on players , broke transfer records for both GK and Defender

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-financial-accounts-coronavirus-champions-19288833.amp

You work for the accounts Dept at the club ?
      No didnā€™t think so.

West Ham have just spent Ā£30M and the champions of the country canā€™t scrape a few pennies together for even a loan.

BTW most of Klopps spending has come from the sales of the likes of Coutinho, Sakho, Ibe etc.

Some embarrassing sh*te posted by FSG apologists.

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #26236: Jan 30, 2021 12:28:42 am
      No didnā€™t think so.

West Ham have just spent Ā£30M and the champions of the country canā€™t scrape a few pennies together for even a loan.

BTW most of Klopps spending has come from the sales of the likes of Coutinho, Sakho, Ibe etc.

Best owners we've had in 30 years.  Just saying....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26237: Jan 30, 2021 12:50:38 am
      Best owners we've had in 30 years.  Just saying....

;D lucked out in getting Klopp you mean.

Moores could have just as easily got in better marketeers to take advantage of the LFC brand, he only sold on because he wanted somebody else who could invest more into the club.
      Of course he sold it to a couple of cowboys but thatā€™s another story.

People seem to forget that FSG have benefited probably more than LFC just look at their valuation as a investment entity now compared to pre LFC.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #26238: Jan 30, 2021 06:01:55 am
      No didnā€™t think so.

You do understand that the accounts are public?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

So what if West Ham have just spent money - what does that have to do with us ? How do you know where they are getting their money from ? Have they not just sold a player ?

And how do you know ā€œwe canā€™t scrap penniesā€ together ?

You make it sound so easy to get players in - do you have the same vast array of scouting network as the club ? Do you have the same ability as the boss to understand exactly what player he would want in , which players are available and what they cost ?

So what if Klopp has spent money from player sales ? Is that not part of a club being self sufficient? Are there players we shouldnā€™t have sold on and then replaced ?

As for posting embarrassing sh*te - I would look in the mirror - canā€™t get more embarrassing than what youā€™re posting

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #26239: Jan 30, 2021 06:09:27 am
      ;D lucked out in getting Klopp you mean.

Moores could have just as easily got in better marketeers to take advantage of the LFC brand, he only sold on because he wanted somebody else who could invest more into the club.
      Of course he sold it to a couple of cowboys but thatā€™s another story.

People seem to forget that FSG have benefited probably more than LFC just look at their valuation as a investment entity now compared to pre LFC.

If it was that easy for Moores then why didnā€™t he do it ?

And you gloss over H&G when they nearly ruined the club

So FSG buy the club

In the ten years they have owned us - stadium build up , new training facility , world class players , the league title , CL win

We are one of the best teams on the pitch in Europe and one of the best clubs off the pitch

It was done without the need for oil money , bank loans , credit facility or huge owner debt

Would you prefer we were like Man Utd and have huge debt on the club ? Or City and have to rely on owners oil money ?

Would you prefer Abramovich as an owner

Do you support the club for the trophies or for the transfers that are made

So what if the valuation of the club has increased- that should tell you how well the club is run ? Or are you a bit too thick to understand that
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #26240: Jan 30, 2021 07:28:01 am

So FSG buy the club

In the ten years they have owned us - stadium build up , new training facility , world class players , the league title , CL win

We are one of the best teams on the pitch in Europe and one of the best clubs off the pitch

It was done without the need for oil money , bank loans , credit facility or huge owner debt

Would you prefer we were like Man Utd and have huge debt on the club ? Or City and have to rely on owners oil money ?

So what if the valuation of the club has increased- that should tell you how well the club is run ? Or are you a bit too thick to understand that

If we had that c**t Abramovich in charge we likely wouldn't still have Klopp as a manager.

After not winning anything in his first few seasons he'd have been gone.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26241: Jan 30, 2021 09:32:19 am
      Personally the net spend doesn't bother me. They have by hook or by crook assembled a great squad of players. The issue has been a total lack of urgency in responding to a crisis. We have 0 recognised centre halves.

We have heard some real nonsense this window some of it sadly JĆ¼rgen has had to come out with himself. But in between that stuff I think he has made it clear to all of us that his preference was to sign a centre back but theres been issue taken by people above him.

Its been great winning trophies, and doing it with some cheap signings too. The outlay if anything gives them even more credit for the squad we have.

But F**k me they have dithered and delayed this window. Buried their heads in the sand hoping Joel Matip would stay fit  :lmao: :mad:  (A spoiler for everyone by the way he gets injured next season too)

So only now that the inevitable has happened do we react. Not good enough.

Its too late im afraid. I'm sure the market is tricky. That only means the ground work should have started 3 months ago, not 3 days.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26242: Jan 30, 2021 09:39:30 am

So FSG buy the club

I support the manager and team not some Investement vehicle and I want them to treat this as a football club which only idiots canā€™t understand are not like normal investements .

We were one of the biggest clubs in the world before FSG and if they were that good what did they achieve before Klopp? Nothing.........so yes they lucked out with Kloppp and all those things you mention about stadium expansion etc would not have happened if Klopp had not arrived.

Said it before, Klopp has said he needs a CB so FSG should back him, you can carry on making excuses for a multi billion dollar faceless corporate entity.

Quick Reply