Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763127 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26266: Jan 30, 2021 11:13:00 am
      Is that not what you do though?

Hire the best people to implement how you want a business run?

Seems when Edwards is leaving they need to look here - appears to be a load of people with outstanding CVā€™s and in depth knowledge of behind the scenes and how to run a successful football club
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26267: Jan 30, 2021 11:13:49 am

The stats donā€™t back that up - we have dominated possession in every single one of those games , created more chances than the opposition , more shots on goal - chances have been created in every game for the game to be won - they have been very wasteful

aye we have crossed a lot of balls into packed defences but anyone who has watched us with a feel for the game has been thinking 'we dont even look like scoring'.

I think everyone knows this last month we have created very little and been frustrated by teams parking the bus. The only proper chance we had v Burnley was assisted by Ben Mee. Against West Brom they had more shots on target than we did.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26268: Jan 30, 2021 11:15:12 am

Itā€™s amazing all these managers on a forum knowing better than Klopp and his team ?

How do you know a midfield three is the best three when they have never played together ?

We have an unprecedented level of injuries - we have a specific amount of players in the squad that the manager has helped assemble and he adjusts that squad to get the best results possible

Over the last 4 weeks our front three have been hugely off form - plenty of chances have been created to win games but they havenā€™t been taken

Iā€™m going to say our biggest miss right now is Jota as opposed

Itā€™s amazing all these managers on a forum knowing better than Klopp and his team ?

How do you know a midfield three is the best three when they have never played together ?

We have an unprecedented level of injuries - we have a specific amount of players in the squad that the manager has helped assemble and he adjusts that squad to get the best results possible

Over the last 4 weeks our front three have been hugely off form - plenty of chances have been created to win games but they havenā€™t been taken

Iā€™m going to say our biggest miss right now is Jota as opposed to CBs

I clearly said "In my opinion"!  I don't claim to know better than Klopp, don't know where you got that from.
      It's obvious to me, as it should be to you, that Hendo, Fabinho and Thiago are our best midfielders.
      Our front 3 have been misfiring for sure, but a big part of that has been the lack of creativity for midfield, having Fabinho as defensive midfield and Hendo and Thiago creating openings would make a huge difference "IMO"
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2021 11:23:53 am by ORCHARD RED »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26269: Jan 30, 2021 11:16:02 am
      I understand personally that we are playing through some uncertain times and this transfer window has been a washout. But theres no clubs out there with 0 or 1 first team central defenders.

Any club in our position would IMO have to act. Even Ashley at Newcastle. We are really screwed at the back now.

I don't think people realise how bad it has got until we go up against the likes of City and quality CL teams.

We must do something even if it is a Mustaffi or a soccer player.

That may keep us in a top 4 position  but the damage to a title bid has already been done. We only had a shot if we signed a proper player back there.

The title isn't over based on our points now or how many points we are behind. Of course a full squad could pull that back, but based on our current squad and how that now compares with the 2 Manchester clubs this isn't a season for us.

Wow - so you have given up already and you are even comparing us to the Mancs 😂😂

I would rather have Phillips and Henderson than Mustafi ?!? Seriously

I thought all the reactionary fans were just on Twitter

Are Spurs not a quality team ? When did people start to get so down on our own team ffs
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #26270: Jan 30, 2021 11:16:04 am

How many clubs have gone out this window and bought players ?

Do you even understand the financial constraints at the moment due to the loss of prob over Ā£100mil of income because of the lack of match day revenue

Have you not seen that very little amount of transfers have happened in this window - how do you know who is available and at what price ?

Also have you looked at the dynamics within the squad - we are allowed 25 players , limits on the amount of non home grown players ( I believe we are at the limit )

Where you one of those that threw their toys out when Werner went to Chelsea and that they also signed Havertz ?

So you avoided the question so Iā€™ll ask again - would you prefer the club to be like chelsea and an owner like Abramovich? Or maybe United ? City ?

What do you want ?

If the club as seems to be the case canā€™t get their preferred targets in before summer, they have to be flexible enough to look at the situation and bring in a loanee.

You think the likes of Milner is going to play 90mins in every game, you want the same situation as has happened in central defence to occur in midfield now?

I want the club to back Klopp simple.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26271: Jan 30, 2021 11:16:16 am
      Seems when Edwards is leaving they need to look here - appears to be a load of people with outstanding CVā€™s and in depth knowledge of behind the scenes and how to run a successful football club

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? No need for the sarcasm lad.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26272: Jan 30, 2021 11:17:29 am

Wow - so you have given up already and you are even comparing us to the Mancs 😂😂

I would rather have Phillips and Henderson than Mustafi ?!? Seriously

I thought all the reactionary fans were just on Twitter

Are Spurs not a quality team ? When did people start to get so down on our own team ffs

No I like our team but I'm not stupid enough to think we can play Henderson and Phillips in a back line and win a title. And it would be unfair to the players and management to expect that too.

Can you name me a side who has won a premier league title with all their main central defenders missing?

You could be right on Mustaffi. I think he is poor. But whoever comes in will be poor because that's the dire situation we have left ourselves in.

It was a mistake to start the season with 3. It can't be seriously defended any more because its truly blown up in our faces. The fact we are looking to free agents and MLS players has already answered that one.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2021 11:28:38 am by fields of anny rd »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #26273: Jan 30, 2021 11:17:35 am

Yes looks like you are ready made for the role as you already think FSG is the greatest thing to happen at this club 😁

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26274: Jan 30, 2021 11:20:17 am
      If the club as seems to be the case canā€™t get their preferred targets in before summer, they have to be flexible enough to look at the situation and bring in a loanee.

You think the likes of Milner is going to play 90mins in every game, you want the same situation as has happened in central defence to occur in midfield now?

I want the club to back Klopp simple.

The club do back Klopp - simple , he is backed all the time

Milner will be fine to play and then Jones can also come in , Jota will be back soon , Keita also , Fabinho only missing this weekend

Which loan player should they bring in from the vast collection out there ? Have you thought that the manager would prefer to use his current options than bring in someone on loan who could take a significant amount of time to get up to speed ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26275: Jan 30, 2021 11:21:58 am
      aye we have crossed a lot of balls into packed defences but anyone who has watched us with a feel for the game has been thinking 'we dont even look like scoring'.

I think everyone knows this last month we have created very little and been frustrated by teams parking the bus. The only proper chance we had v Burnley was assisted by Ben Mee. Against West Brom they had more shots on target than we did.

So teams have parked the bus and the front three have failed to take chances - Fabinho and Henderson arent players that create ? Thatā€™s not down to CB issues
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #26276: Jan 30, 2021 11:22:07 am
      The club do back Klopp - simple , he is backed all the time

Milner will be fine to play and then Jones can also come in , Jota will be back soon , Keita also , Fabinho only missing this weekend

Which loan player should they bring in from the vast collection out there ? Have you thought that the manager would prefer to use his current options than bring in someone on loan who could take a significant amount of time to get up to speed ?

Well seeing as though Klopp has already stated he wants a CB there goes your argument!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26277: Jan 30, 2021 11:22:48 am
      No I like our team but I'm not stupid enough to think we can play Henderson and Phillips in a back line and win a title.

But we arenā€™t going to spend the rest of the season with Phillips and Henderson as the back line ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26278: Jan 30, 2021 11:26:13 am
      Well seeing as though Klopp has already stated he wants a CB there goes your argument!

Why ? Do you expect a manager to get every single player he wants ? And has the manager not said that if the right player is available they will look to get them - if they find a player that suits them and the way the team plays they will look to get him - they donā€™t settle on players .

Just because the media state things doesnā€™t mean that exactly what is happening

Maybe actually listen to what he says

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/424038-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-on-centre-backs-henderson-firmino-west-ham-and-more
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26279: Jan 30, 2021 11:27:46 am
      Yes looks like you are ready made for the role as you already think FSG is the greatest thing to happen at this club 😁

I donā€™t think I have said that have I - Iā€™m fully appreciated of what they have done to get our club back to the summit of English and European football

Iā€™m fully understanding of the job they have done and continue to do so moving the club forward
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26280: Jan 30, 2021 11:34:38 am
      But we arenā€™t going to spend the rest of the season with Phillips and Henderson as the back line ?

We shall see.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26281: Jan 30, 2021 11:39:35 am
      My take on the issue is when we didnt buy a proper centre back at the start of the window we gave up on the title.

If they dont sign a fill in defender then that puts top 4 at risk.

We need to get Henderson and Fabinho out of defence and into midfiled. The team not scoring goals isnt just a forward issue. We have changed our whole shape and balance both on the ball and in transition to cope with the loss of VVD and Gomes.

We attack and defend as a team and JĆ¼rgen likes winning the ball and countering. Our 2 best ball winners are now in the back line. It has created problems all over the pitch and I have no time for the argument that we aren't scoring because of the forwards. That's a very basic view of the game we play.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26282: Jan 30, 2021 11:47:01 am
      My take on the issue is when we didnt buy a proper centre back at the start of the window we gave up on the title.

If they dont sign a fill in defender then that puts top 4 at risk.

We need to get Henderson and Fabinho out of defence and into midfiled. The team not scoring goals isnt just a forward issue. We have changed our whole shape and balance both on the ball and in transition to cope with the loss of VVD and Gomes.

We attack and defend as a team and JĆ¼rgen likes winning the ball and countering. Our 2 best ball winners are now in the back line. It has created problems all over the pitch and I have no time for the argument that we aren't scoring because of the forwards. That's a very basic view of the game we play.

:f_doh:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26283: Jan 30, 2021 12:26:47 pm

You donā€™t seem to be able to grasp factual evidence

Have you even looked at the accounts and seen the outgoings as well as the incomings

How much profit do you believe the club makes after all the outgoings each year ? Do you understand the size of the wage bill for example.

Why do people like yourself just concentrate on ā€œnetā€ spend ?

Why are you going on about Kenny ? How is that relevant ?

As for Klopps budget - he has spent Ā£500mil on players , broke transfer records for both GK and Defender

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-financial-accounts-coronavirus-champions-19288833.amp

FFS,we are Liverpool FC not some two bob championship club,20m odd million net spend over FSG's 10 year reign,we are where we are as a team because of JĆ¼rgen,his back room staff,Micheal Edwards and Mike Gordon.JĆ¼rgen has worked miracles and when JĆ¼rgen asks for a CB whether it be on loan or permanent then they should find the money,with the revenue from all the success JĆ¼rgen has amounted there must be some money available.Net spend means incomings as well outgoings,we only paid the money for VVD and Allison because of the Coutinho money coming in,who made Coutinho world class?I spoke about Kenny MBE because as a legend of the club i think they treated Kenny badly, Kenny wasn't given enough time,we got to two cup finals,winning one but because we were no where near a CL spot they sacked him. Of course i'm aware of the wage bill,who gave those improved contracts?they did that so the player would sign a longer contract to protect their investments,if a club as big as Liverpool can only afford a net spend of 20m then there is something seriously wrong,are we being managed financially right/properly?If we had not won anything with JĆ¼rgen would you still be so happy with the owners winning one league cup in ten years and saying such comments,we now have NO experienced fit CB's,are you expecting JĆ¼rgen to challenge for the top 4 let alone the title or CL with no CB's?Do you work for FSG?are you related to FSG?If we finish outside the top 4 would you be happy say selling Mane and replacing him with a cheap option (like they did with Suarez)as that is what is going to happen.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26284: Jan 30, 2021 12:33:54 pm
      FFS,we are Liverpool FC not some two bob championship club,20m odd million net spend over FSG's 10 year reign,we are where we are as a team because of JĆ¼rgen,his back room staff,Micheal Edwards and Mike Gordon.JĆ¼rgen has worked miracles and when JĆ¼rgen asks for a CB whether it be on loan or permanent then they should find the money,with the revenue from all the success JĆ¼rgen has amounted there must be some money available.Net spend means incomings as well outgoings,we only paid the money for VVD and Allison because of the Coutinho money coming in,who made Coutinho world class?I spoke about Kenny MBE because as a legend of the club i think they treated Kenny badly, Kenny wasn't given enough time,we got to two cup finals,winning one but because we were no where near a CL spot they sacked him. Of course i'm aware of the wage bill,who gave those improved contracts?they did that so the player would sign a longer contract to protect their investments,if a club as big as Liverpool can only afford a net spend of 20m then there is something seriously wrong,are we being managed financially right/properly?If we had not won anything with JĆ¼rgen would you still be so happy with the owners winning one league cup in ten years and saying such comments,we now have NO experienced fit CB's,are you expecting JĆ¼rgen to challenge for the top 4 let alone the title or CL with no CB's?Do you work for FSG?are you related to FSG?If we finish outside the top 4 would you be happy say selling Mane and replacing him with a cheap option (like they did with Suarez)as that is what is going to happen.

:mad:

Did you actually read the accounts published ?

Do you understand the model of the club

Why do you keep going on about net spend ?

Why does it matter that we have spent a certain net spend ?

Is that how you judge a club by how big the net spend is ?

So would you prefer the club to be like a Chelsea and spend fortunes and then sack the manager every 18 months ? Or UTD and be in a significant amount of debt or maybe rely on oil money

As for Kenny - he wasnā€™t good enough to be a manager in the modern game and even he knew it - hence why he is back with the club now . He did a great job stepping in when Woy was fu**ed off but then he shouldnā€™t have been given the job permanently- the owners got swept up by the fans emotions

If this and if that - I donā€™t deal in ifs and made up scenarios. Right now we are still challenging for the title and the CL and the manager appears to be calm about the whole situation - maybe trust him
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,220 posts | 2803 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26285: Jan 30, 2021 12:36:57 pm
      To be fair to the owners, and Im open to corection on this, but when they took over were we not warned either directly by them or by expert analysts who watched how they operate that this was how they operated, part of their genius if you like, they get success on the field without soending mad off it. Yes they will spend big on a player but will recoup it elsewhere.

Edwards, genius. Again part of the FSG gameplan. Surround yourself with brilliant people. Klopp for Godsake.

They never said they were big spenders, indeed they have always said they cant financially compete with city utd and Chelsea.

The big thing with them is, and this is me without all details as none of us know what really goes on in the background,  do they have a plan and cant work outside of it. As in now, we need to sign a defender, but that deviates from their usual plan?

They are not the devil some ser them as, are they perfect? Not a hope. But they have not done us much wrong. People are judging them a lot on this window, and people are fair game to do that because we see no action on the centre half front....hopefully thats sorted by Monday
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2021 12:42:35 pm by Brian78 »
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26286: Jan 30, 2021 12:40:54 pm

How do you know whatā€™s gone on behind the scene ? This window has been very quiet for every club - about 3/4 transfers - itā€™s not the same each year , clubs are not looking to bring players in.

We have two recognised CBā€™s at the moment with Phillips and Williams

Why do people think the club are doing nothing in background ? Did you say the same in the summer when players hadnt arrived ?

When will people learn to trust the club , learn that they know the squad , the market , the finances better than any of us so are in a far better position to make judgements than us

You are completely deluded and talk utter tosh.We have two recognised CB's??really??one was playing in the German second division and was going to be sold,the other non league,both are not good enough long term,they will be ripped apart if they were paired together in the CL or against a top EPL team.Read other posters views as they are talking sense,we are a world brand,if we can only afford 20 fuc*ing million in transfers every season then something is seriously wrong.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26287: Jan 30, 2021 12:47:49 pm

:mad:

Did you actually read the accounts published ?

Do you understand the model of the club

Why do you keep going on about net spend ?

Why does it matter that we have spent a certain net spend ?

Is that how you judge a club by how big the net spend is ?

So would you prefer the club to be like a Chelsea and spend fortunes and then sack the manager every 18 months ? Or UTD and be in a significant amount of debt or maybe rely on oil money

As for Kenny - he wasnā€™t good enough to be a manager in the modern game and even he knew it - hence why he is back with the club now . He did a great job stepping in when Woy was fu**ed off but then he shouldnā€™t have been given the job permanently- the owners got swept up by the fans emotions

If this and if that - I donā€™t deal in ifs and made up scenarios. Right now we are still challenging for the title and the CL and the manager appears to be calm about the whole situation - maybe trust him

The net spend is relevant because we desperately need a CB and there seems to be no money?We are still challenging because of one man,the genius that is JĆ¼rgen. We should have had a CB target and made our move on the 4th of January.Were you supporting FSG before JĆ¼rgen came in?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3398 
      Reply #26288: Jan 30, 2021 12:49:17 pm
      You are completely deluded and talk utter tosh.We have two recognised CB's??really??one was playing in the German second division and was going to be sold,the other non league,both are not good enough long term,they will be ripped apart if they were paired together in the CL or against a top EPL team.Read other posters views as they are talking sense,we are a world brand,if we can only afford 20 fuc*ing million in transfers every season then something is seriously wrong.

You are just ranting and not listening or even reading whatā€™s being posted to you

What does this ā€œworld brandā€ have to do with signing players ?

Why do you keep saying ā€œĀ£20milā€ a season

This summer we spent Ā£80 mil on players

One year we spent Ā£169mil the year before we spent Ā£160mil

You are just using some random figure to try and make it look like the club isnā€™t spending money on players

We have bought very well and got rid of deadwood very well - are you really complaining about the transfer policy ?

Quick Reply