Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756649 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26289: Jan 30, 2021 12:51:46 pm
      The net spend is relevant because we desperately need a CB and there seems to be no money?We are still challenging because of one man,the genius that is JĆ¼rgen. We should have had a CB target and made our move on the 4th of January.Were you supporting FSG before JĆ¼rgen came in?

Who says there is no money ?

The owners had my support since they arrived and stopped the club going into deep financial difficulties due to the mis management of the previous owners

They set out their game plan and told us what they wanted to achieve - it was always going to take some time with some ups and downs with some mistakes but Iā€™ll take what they are doing over the UTD , Chelsea or City owners

They have helped put the club back to where we belong
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26290: Jan 30, 2021 01:02:33 pm

You are just ranting and not listening or even reading whatā€™s being posted to you

What does this ā€œworld brandā€ have to do with signing players ?

Why do you keep saying ā€œĀ£20milā€ a season

This summer we spent Ā£80 mil on players

One year we spent Ā£169mil the year before we spent Ā£160mil

You are just using some random figure to try and make it look like the club isnā€™t spending money on players

We have bought very well and got rid of deadwood very well - are you really complaining about the transfer policy ?

World brand hence brings in more revenue,why do yo keep quoting spending figures and not net figures?the net spend is relevant as we need a CB,everyone and their dog know we needed a CB when VVD was injured in October,yes VVD the best CB in the world,so why wasn't one targeted then and a fee offered once the window opened?or a loan deal?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26291: Jan 30, 2021 01:04:43 pm
      Who says there is no money ?

The owners had my support since they arrived and stopped the club going into deep financial difficulties due to the mis management of the previous owners

They set out their game plan and told us what they wanted to achieve - it was always going to take some time with some ups and downs with some mistakes but Iā€™ll take what they are doing over the UTD , Chelsea or City owners

They have helped put the club back to where we belong

If there is money why are we not addressing the CB issue?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26292: Jan 30, 2021 01:07:28 pm
      If there is money why are we not addressing the CB issue?

Because itā€™s not as easy as that  :mad:

The player has to be the right one for the manager and the team
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26293: Jan 30, 2021 01:11:02 pm
      World brand hence brings in more revenue,why do yo keep quoting spending figures and not net figures?the net spend is relevant as we need a CB,everyone and their dog know we needed a CB when VVD was injured in October,yes VVD the best CB in the world,so why wasn't one targeted then and a fee offered once the window opened?or a loan deal?

Have you even read the accounts ? Please do and then you can at least post from a base of fact instead of just regurgitating something you have seen someone else post elsewhere

You still need to bring in funds which has improved hugely in the past 5 years - and people only focus on net spend when they are trying to find points to look at the owners

The club have bought and spent well - I donā€™t care how much is spent - the only thing that matters is that the right players arrive and if they can get rid of deadwood on great prices thatā€™s even better

Have the club missed out on players they should have got ?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26294: Jan 30, 2021 01:27:19 pm

Yes.

Texeira, Fekir, and Virgil in the summer of 2017. Spin it however you want it but Virgil was t going to happen until we got shut of Coutinho.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26295: Jan 30, 2021 01:34:24 pm
      Have you even read the accounts ? Please do and then you can at least post from a base of fact instead of just regurgitating something you have seen someone else post elsewhere

You still need to bring in funds which has improved hugely in the past 5 years - and people only focus on net spend when they are trying to find points to look at the owners

The club have bought and spent well - I donā€™t care how much is spent - the only thing that matters is that the right players arrive and if they can get rid of deadwood on great prices thatā€™s even better

Salah first time round for Ā£11 million, Willian for Ā£30 million stand out as players that we could've got.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26296: Jan 30, 2021 01:35:45 pm
      Yes.

Texeira, Fekir, and Virgil in the summer of 2017. Spin it however you want it but Virgil was t going to happen until we got shut of Coutinho.

Texiera? The same player that Klopp stopped the transfer

Fekir - again the club stopped it because of his injury

And VVD was arriving in the summer if they hadnā€™t fecked up the approach

Do you really think we should have got Teixeira ( club bought Mane instead ) or Fekir ?!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26297: Jan 30, 2021 01:36:16 pm
      Salah first time round for Ā£11 million, Willian for Ā£30 million stand out as players that we could've got.

Both players turned us down because of where we were at the time - not in the CL

The only player who we actually bid for and kept interested was Pulisic
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26298: Jan 30, 2021 01:37:55 pm
      Both players turned us down because of where we were at the time - not in the CL

Nope, we pulled out when Chelsea came in as we wouldn't enter a bidding war.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26299: Jan 30, 2021 01:41:37 pm
      Nope, we pulled out when Chelsea came in as we wouldn't enter a bidding war.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/23/chelsea-sign-mohamed-salah-liverpool

Chelsea bid at that time way above what he was reported to be worth - I suspect we ended up getting Salah at the right time

And Willian turned us down - some say money some say CL
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #26300: Jan 30, 2021 01:47:47 pm
      Finding it hard to get too riled up when I'm hearing players and clubs are asking for pre-covid money in a Covid world.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26301: Jan 30, 2021 01:48:14 pm
      https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/23/chelsea-sign-mohamed-salah-liverpool

Chelsea bid at that time way above what he was reported to be worth - I suspect we ended up getting Salah at the right time

And Willian turned us down - some say money some say CL

For what it's worth, Willian would've been a great signing for us. Hard to know how Salah would've done, he certainly would've gotten more game time with us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26302: Jan 30, 2021 01:51:40 pm
      For what it's worth, Willian would've been a great signing for us. Hard to know how Salah would've done, he certainly would've gotten more game time with us.

Willian I was disappointed with as he was a quality player - the rest , not so much
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26303: Jan 30, 2021 01:56:08 pm
      The "net spend" argument is idiotic, and always has been.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #26304: Jan 30, 2021 02:27:40 pm

The manager also decided to not bring in a CB because we had options within the squad

The line he used for the media. His comments after the Man Utd game last week may suggests he thinks differently privately.

On the issue of cb's, I think we definitely are looking to bring one in the summer. Gini's wages, if he leaves for Barca, will cover the incoming player. It's whether or not we look at an emergency option with Matip's current injury.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26305: Jan 30, 2021 02:28:39 pm
      Yes.

There may be other players, but Teixeira and Fekir are poor examples.

Alex Teixeria ended up in the CSL and amounted to nothing. Forget why the transfer never happened but he's just not very good.

Fekir we backed out due to medical records. I believe he had already even taken his Liverpool picture when things were called off. Since then he's gone to Real Betis and has less than 10 goals since arriving in 2019. If he was as good as people think/thought he would be at a top club.

Virgil was on the verge of happening in the summer until we somehow fu**ed it up. That people think we would have gone through all that effort of courting the player, agreeing fees, be on the verge of an announcement then everything come to a stop and issue a public apology as a show to pretend we were interested is shocking. That type of cynicism i wouldn't expect from our own fans.

Players i can think of who turned us down were Gundogan, Sane and Gotze.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26306: Jan 30, 2021 02:30:50 pm
      The "net spend" argument is idiotic, and always has been.

It's truly baffling. That people think the more you spend the more you succeed is puzzling, but net spend is the only think a couple people can bring to the table in a discussion.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26307: Jan 30, 2021 02:31:56 pm

I guess we will see in May. But I'll probably be right. Indomt think its too controversial though to state if a quality centre half stepped into our side we would challenge for the title.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26308: Jan 30, 2021 02:48:32 pm
      The line he used for the media. His comments after the Man Utd game last week may suggests he thinks differently privately.

On the issue of cb's, I think we definitely are looking to bring one in the summer. Gini's wages, if he leaves for Barca, will cover the incoming player. It's whether or not we look at an emergency option with Matip's current injury.

I did hear there was a choice in the summer - someone to bring in for the front line or a CB - he went with Jota which would allow him to rest the front three more and was comfortable going into the season with Fabinho there as back up and the youngsters -

And then look to bring in the top CB during the summer - one of the Leipzig guys imo

Both available at decent prices in the summer - not sure about right now though.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #26309: Jan 30, 2021 02:55:12 pm

I did hear there was a choice in the summer - someone to bring in for the front line or a CB - he went with Jota which would allow him to rest the front three more and was comfortable going into the season with Fabinho there as back up and the youngsters -

And then look to bring in the top CB during the summer - one of the Leipzig guys imo

Both available at decent prices in the summer - not sure about right now though.

Quality depth for the front 3 was definitely a much bigger then in the summer with the high amount of games in a shorter period and needing to be able to rest them, something you don't need to do as much with CBs.

Thiago did seem a bit superfluous as we already had a lot of players for midfield and were already a few months into covid shut down, but i understand we wanted to bring a different dimension and another way of beating bus parkers.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26310: Jan 30, 2021 03:43:34 pm
      It's truly baffling. That people think the more you spend the more you succeed is puzzling, but net spend is the only think a couple people can bring to the table in a discussion.

WTF,are you serious?i'm mentioning the net spend as everyone knew we needed a CB after VVD was injured but now with 2 days of the window left and nothing,if a massive club like ours doesn't react when they have spent f**k all in PL terms(net spend) when we desperately need a CB then it's a big worry.I haven't seen 1 person on here saying the more you spend the more you succeed,it's only because of the geniuses of JĆ¼rgen,Edwards and Gordon that we have been successful.Hopefully we bring an experienced quality player in on loan or permanent then everyone will be happy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #26311: Jan 30, 2021 03:56:14 pm
      WTF,are you serious?i'm mentioning the net spend as everyone knew we needed a CB after VVD was injured but now with 2 days of the window left and nothing,if a massive club like ours doesn't react when they have spent f**k all in PL terms(net spend) when we desperately need a CB then it's a big worry.I haven't seen 1 person on here saying the more you spend the more you succeed,it's only because of the geniuses of JĆ¼rgen,Edwards and Gordon that we have been successful.Hopefully we bring an experienced quality player in on loan or permanent then everyone will be happy.

They spent Ā£70mil on players in the summer during a pandemic where many clubs are suffering from financial constraints because of the lack of match day revenue - the fact you canā€™t see that shows a lack of understanding of the clubs finances

Quick Reply