Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2754149 times
      Gill95 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27094: Feb 26, 2021 10:15:44 pm
      Its not 10% of Liverpool its 10% of the company yeah? So FSG owns us, red sox etc, so its not soeley going to be a financial benefit to us?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27095: Feb 26, 2021 10:16:13 pm

You do understand that it’s not 10% of the club they are looking to buy

It’s 10% of FSG

Yes I just read it. My bad...

Must be a knock on effect hopefully?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      Reply #27096: Feb 26, 2021 10:16:28 pm

You do understand that it’s not 10% of the club they are looking to buy

It’s 10% of FSG

Sorry missed this 👍
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27097: Feb 26, 2021 10:17:57 pm

;D me too! Need new specs 😎

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      Reply #27098: Feb 26, 2021 10:51:51 pm

New eyes for me its that bad 😳
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27099: Feb 26, 2021 11:43:57 pm
      New eyes for me its that bad 😳

Nothing to see here Brian, just some market shuffling.

When it pushes 30% is the time to take an interest.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #27100: Feb 27, 2021 12:01:05 am
      Its not 10% of Liverpool its 10% of the company yeah? So FSG owns us, red sox etc, so its not soeley going to be a financial benefit to us?

Henry is not getting any younger. Wonder if this is the start of he selling his holdings.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #27101: Feb 27, 2021 01:19:37 am
      I don’t understand how the club being self sufficient is a bad thing?

The only question I would have is in light of our injury crisis should the owners have changed their business model and actually lent money to the club to purchase some quality cover. But you can guarantee if they did that the goal posts would move and the next issue to come up would be how they are leveraging debt on the club.

It’s not a bad thing...and you go on to answer your own question really.

When FSG took over we were languishing around 7th in the league. At that point you could argue there was nothing in the pot to bring in a certain calibre of player and we had to rely on transfer sales to sign new ones.

Since then, we’ve reached two European cup finals and won the league. We’ve had very small net spends throughout their time here and the TV money has also rocketed. Not to mention we’ve grown as a brand and secured huge commercial deals too.

Anybody chatting sh*te that there’s no money in the pot or net spend is irrelevant are talking absolute pony.

Our success in recent years means we have money to spend while still being self sufficient, yet we’re still running on a sell to buy policy.

Few people in here keep denying we’re on a sell to buy policy but they know full well we wouldn’t have VVD or Ali if coutinho didn’t go, and to be honest their weird agendas are just becoming boring now.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27102: Feb 27, 2021 09:18:37 am
      It’s not a bad thing...and you go on to answer your own question really.

When FSG took over we were languishing around 7th in the league. At that point you could argue there was nothing in the pot to bring in a certain calibre of player and we had to rely on transfer sales to sign new ones.

Since then, we’ve reached two European cup finals and won the league. We’ve had very small net spends throughout their time here and the TV money has also rocketed. Not to mention we’ve grown as a brand and secured huge commercial deals too.

Anybody chatting sh*te that there’s no money in the pot or net spend is irrelevant are talking absolute pony.

Our success in recent years means we have money to spend while still being self sufficient, yet we’re still running on a sell to buy policy.

Few people in here keep denying we’re on a sell to buy policy but they know full well we wouldn’t have VVD or Ali if coutinho didn’t go, and to be honest their weird agendas are just becoming boring now.

Can you point out within the accounts the level of money you think we have had to spend beyond what’s already being spent by the club ?

Did you know we earned more in the year that we won the CL than we did winning the title

Which Telly money has “rocketed” - is that the money that the club are going to have to pay back next year ?

Also do you factor in the loss of matchday income over the past 12 months which could hit ÂŁ100mil ?

As for the constant false statements of sell to buy policy - can you recall the club was trying to buy VVD in the summer before Coutinho and also how do people know what the club would or would not have spent if Coutinho had stayed and also why do they state it as if it’s fact ?

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2021 10:48:10 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27103: Feb 27, 2021 10:54:13 am
      Henry is not getting any younger. Wonder if this is the start of he selling his holdings.

In the grand scheme a 10% holding by an investor is of no great concern or an indicator into company intentions.
      If this particular investor builds a portfolio and accrues enough holdings to instigate a takeover events would develop.

The owners of course hold the reigns and we are light years from the above scenario, unless of course they believe it is time to cash in and F**k off.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      Reply #27104: Feb 27, 2021 11:05:23 am
      In the grand scheme a 10% holding by an investor is of no great concern or an indicator into company intentions.
      If this particular investor builds a portfolio and accrues enough holdings to instigate a takeover events would develop.

The owners of course hold the reigns and we are light years from the above scenario, unless of course they believe it is time to cash in and f**k off.

Stuey have you anyone in mind or is there someone in particular you would want to own the club? Or does anyone?

In reality the only perfect owner would be a multi billionaire who is a die hard red willing to pump their own fortune in without wanting anything back other then the team winning.

I could be wrong but I just dont see that ever being a reality
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2021 11:14:41 am by Brian78 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27105: Feb 27, 2021 11:19:27 am
      Stuey have you anyone in mind or is there someone in particular you would want to own the club?

If these would get their hands in their pockets mate and at least loan JĂźrgen the dosh for much needed players, a loan repaid by LFC as in the bricks and mortar work, job's good 'un.

Failing that owners who had faith in the club rather than the out and out speculators our present 'custodians' appear to be.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #27106: Feb 27, 2021 11:53:19 am

Can you point out within the accounts the level of money you think we have had to spend beyond what’s already being spent by the club ?

Did you know we earned more in the year that we won the CL than we did winning the title

Which Telly money has “rocketed” - is that the money that the club are going to have to pay back next year ?

Also do you factor in the loss of matchday income over the past 12 months which could hit ÂŁ100mil ?

As for the constant false statements of sell to buy policy - can you recall the club was trying to buy VVD in the summer before Coutinho and also how do people know what the club would or would not have spent if Coutinho had stayed and also why do they state it as if it’s fact ?

At last someone with a bit of sense instead of wild speculation and guessing, then confirming all they post is fact 👏🏻
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27107: Feb 27, 2021 12:34:10 pm

At last someone with a bit of sense instead of wild speculation and guessing, then confirming all they post is fact 👏🏻

No ‘’wild speculation’’ or bullshit whatever - LFC is and always has been a going concern brought to the brink of bankruptcy by the illicit business practices of H&G.

The club’s status meant it could re-emerge from the ruinous clutches of H&G which the skilled legal team of NESV were able to realise.

LFC once again were self-sufficient and a going concern at a cost of £350m+ to NESV, the club’s market value is now £2bn.
      Further proof if it were needed of  LFC’s strength economically!!

NESV took advantage of a downturn in the club’s fortunes to acquire LFC, why is it they cannot inject capital into the club to confront a much less serious situation?
      Any monies loaned or otherwise is as safe Fort Knox.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #27108: Feb 27, 2021 12:45:50 pm

I can’t be arsed going back and forth with you to be honest mate because you’re talking sh*te, which you already know.

But I’ll reply to this part of your post and then call it a day after that.

Yes we registered our interest in VVD and upset Southampton by doing so. Did we sign virgil? No. So it’s irrelevant what you’re saying.

We sh*t ourselves, apologised and ran away. From memory we publicly ended our interest and it was all rather embarrassing. Basically, FSG didn’t want to spend.

As soon as it was clear coutinho was off, we wasted no time in going straight back there to sign him proving that he was available and that they’d sell to us. So, we could have just gotten him the first time round when coutinho was still here if we wanted.

You know full well we wouldn’t have virgil or Ali if coutinho didn’t go so just swerve suggesting otherwise, you’re making yourself look daft.

In hindsight, coutinho going & Ali and VVD coming in was good business. It strengthened us. But it doesn’t change the fact we are still on a sell to buy policy and that’s why we’re struggling now.

We need a little re shuffle in the summer but we won’t be bringing anybody in of a known, decent quality unless one of our big boys goes the other way. We all know this. You know this. So give it a rest lad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27109: Feb 27, 2021 02:10:38 pm
      I can’t be arsed going back and forth with you to be honest mate because you’re talking sh*te, which you already know.

But I’ll reply to this part of your post and then call it a day after that.

Yes we registered our interest in VVD and upset Southampton by doing so. Did we sign virgil? No. So it’s irrelevant what you’re saying.

We sh*t ourselves, apologised and ran away. From memory we publicly ended our interest and it was all rather embarrassing. Basically, FSG didn’t want to spend.

As soon as it was clear coutinho was off, we wasted no time in going straight back there to sign him proving that he was available and that they’d sell to us. So, we could have just gotten him the first time round when coutinho was still here if we wanted.

You know full well we wouldn’t have virgil or Ali if coutinho didn’t go so just swerve suggesting otherwise, you’re making yourself look daft.

In hindsight, coutinho going & Ali and VVD coming in was good business. It strengthened us. But it doesn’t change the fact we are still on a sell to buy policy and that’s why we’re struggling now.

We need a little re shuffle in the summer but we won’t be bringing anybody in of a known, decent quality unless one of our big boys goes the other way. We all know this. You know this. So give it a rest lad.

Actually we got reported for an illegal approach - that’s why we walked away in the summer, f**k all to do with the owners not wanting to spend . If they had approached the club properly we would have had VVD in the summer for around £50mil

When Coutinho left the owners went back with a bid that was at the time a good ÂŁ20mil over the price - that extra ÂŁ20mil was the punishment for illegal approach

VVD was available and wanted to come to us - his signing was irrelevant to Coutinho - him leaving helped get him during the Jan window. We didn’t sell a player just to enable the club to buy another

Would you call the club selling Keegan and then buying Kenny as sell to buy ? Or selling Rush and then buying Barnes and Beardsley as sell to buy ? - I suspect you didn’t cry your eyes out there

People like you try and use labels like “sell to buy” or net spend as something negative or derogatory towards the owners way of working

You have no idea what the club would have done if Coutinho stayed and you can post it as if it’s a fact what the could might have done.

You can accuse me of talking sh*t but at least I deal in facts and not some made up bollocks

You also once again have no idea what the club will do this summer but with Covid restrictions the level of money spent this summer will be restricted by many clubs beyond oil money and leveraged debt.

I don’t see the need for anything major in the summer. What I do know is that we as a club have lost £100mil

What you have done those is fail to provide proof to back up statements in regards the pots of money you believe the club have - I’m guessing the lack of response is down to being unable to provide the proof beyond someone wannabe posting about it on Twitter.

You are prob one of those that did nothing but point fingers at the likes of City and Chelsea for just spending yet want our owners to do the same
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27110: Feb 27, 2021 05:24:05 pm
      Nope that'll be Redball, who have already pulled out of exact same deal.

It's when we're linked with a company called Red Hemorrhoid that we need to be concerned.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27111: Feb 27, 2021 05:58:48 pm
      Don't be a tit,our net spend per season was put the web and compared to 3 relegation teams,these are the truths that pro FSG posters can't accept,like i said before i'm not bothered about net spend if we are competing and JĂźrgen is getting his top targets but he hasn't and we are not competing at the top.

Ohhh, why didn't you say, I mean it's not like anyone can just write any old bullshit on the internet.

And not competing, you're so right, I mean it's not like we're the league champions, and have won the European cup and world cup.

Thank goodness we've got you here to put us straight and tell us about your extensive research of some bloke posting a figure on the internet!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27112: Feb 27, 2021 06:03:07 pm
      No ‘’wild speculation’’ or bullshit whatever - LFC is and always has been a going concern brought to the brink of bankruptcy by the illicit business practices of H&G.

The club’s status meant it could re-emerge from the ruinous clutches of H&G which the skilled legal team of NESV were able to realise.

LFC once again were self-sufficient and a going concern at a cost of £350m+ to NESV, the club’s market value is now £2bn.
      Further proof if it were needed of  LFC’s strength economically!!

NESV took advantage of a downturn in the club’s fortunes to acquire LFC, why is it they cannot inject capital into the club to confront a much less serious situation?
      Any monies loaned or otherwise is as safe Fort Knox.

FFP Rules
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27114: Feb 28, 2021 09:42:26 am

Thank you interesting read.Did you read the part where Rafa says
      "We can’t be looking for players in August because then you end up with the second or third choice on your list.”

This is a manager of Liverpool fc saying this!think back to all your and other posters licking FSG's balls regarding their transfer strategies especially the CB situation this season!the same statement/principles applie(s) to that of what Rafa is saying.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27115: Feb 28, 2021 09:52:30 am
      Thank you interesting read.Did you read the part where Rafa says
      "We can’t be looking for players in August because then you end up with the second or third choice on your list.”

This is a manager of Liverpool fc saying this!think back to all your and other posters licking FSG's balls regarding their transfer strategies especially the CB situation this season!the same statement/principles applie(s) to that of what Rafa is saying.

Oh god your back , thought you might have had the good sense to hide after embarrassing yourself on net spend 🤦‍♂️
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27116: Feb 28, 2021 10:15:06 am
      Shut the front door,the fairy tale will end once JĂźrgen leaves,lets see what you think of FSG then?we weren't CL regulars with all the other managers before JĂźrgen,OPEN YOUR EYES!You can not compete long term with their strategies so enjoy the time we have left with JĂźrgen in charge because it won't last.If it weren't for JĂźrgen turning Coutinho into a seemly world class player and getting a fortune for him then do you think we would have VVD and Ally?Not a chance with these clowns in charge,since the 19/20 season our only big buy was Jota for 41m and we have a surplus on net spend but we still couldn't get a CB when the January window opened and waited for the final day to spend 2.5m on Davies and a loan for kabak.The owners are a joke and you lot of posters loving of FSG is laughable,support the team and JĂźrgen instead of wasting energy on business people that are only interested in making money.

:lmao: :mad: who said I dont support the team and Klopp, the mans a legend, the squad has been brilliant. Its a team effort from owners to staff to manager to players to fans.  Its you negative clowns who are laughable, constantly looking for things thats gone wrong, or might go wrong, determined that FSG are some evil corporate entity out of some movie. I actually think ejits like you are happy weve had a sh1t season and have had injuries just to prove a point. I honestly think some folk would be happy for us to mental next season spending a billion squid on players just for the club to bust and into administration.

Anyway pal. YNWA  ;)

Quick Reply