Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765919 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27301: Apr 19, 2021 10:46:58 pm
      I know you guys have gave Neville a lot of praise but listening to him after the game it's as if it's FSG and Liverpool alone who came up with this idea.

Sick of hearing his whining now.

He appears to be ignoring the fact the UTD owners are one of the main players along with Madrid and Juventus
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #27302: Apr 19, 2021 10:48:27 pm

He appears to be ignoring the fact the UTD owners are one of the main players along with Madrid and Juventus

To be fair he gave the Glazers a lot of stick in the pre-match.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with rivalries at this stage just simply football.

His comment about YNWA was wrong and it annoyed me but apart from that I think he has been spot on.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #27303: Apr 19, 2021 10:49:48 pm

Holier than thou arsehole. I noticed when Carra said he wouldn't be prepared to commentate on this new league and asked Neville the same he quickly changed the subject.

He might have said a lot that makes sense but I've had enough of his whining and focus on out club alone since the end of this game.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #27304: Apr 19, 2021 11:16:28 pm

We're not a F***ing franchise!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #27305: Apr 19, 2021 11:18:58 pm

I know you guys have gave Neville a lot of praise but listening to him after the game it's as if it's FSG and Liverpool alone who came up with this idea.

Nope he slagged the F**k out of man utd yesterday. He's slagging both of us because of our stature in the game. And he was F***ing right in the points he was making.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27306: Apr 19, 2021 11:22:47 pm
      Nope he slagged the f**k out of man utd yesterday. He's slagging both of us because of our stature in the game. And he was f**king right in the points he was making.

Been happy to get into bed with Peter Lim and financially dope Salford up the football league hasn't he though!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #27307: Apr 19, 2021 11:24:06 pm
      Been happy to get into bed with Peter Lim and financially dope Salford up the football league hasn't he though!

Doesn't matter, need to think above the tribal sh*te on stuff like this.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #27308: Apr 19, 2021 11:42:38 pm
      We're all F***ing responsible.  We've lapped it all up, been there, demanded success at all costs, and bought the bloody overpriced T shirts.  Paid up, turned up and sung our sodding hearts out. 
      They've taken the fans for granted because the fans have followed the club.  They knew we always would.  They've let us believe the club was 'ours' when they robbed it from us years ago.  They know we'll keep following.  Like drug addicts, we can't stop.  It's gone.  Unless we are all prepared to fight this.  Not some of us - all of us.  All fans, of all clubs.  The only ways we can - don't go, don't watch, don't buy. 

They.  Them.  bas**rds.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #27309: Apr 20, 2021 12:42:37 am
      Yankee Doodle Owners do what Yankee Doodle Owners do. Nobody ever seriously doubted their true intentions. It was always degrees of tolerance and whether they could just not F**k it up.

What is a surprise is quite how brazen this proposed ESL move is. Having tempered some of the more extreme criticism that comes with being a North American owner, and having got it right with Jürgen, they find themselves risking all of that and setting themselves against the fans who in turn are backed by the manager who built that success.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #27310: Apr 20, 2021 07:25:13 am
      You people are just deluded if you think FSG attacks good ol' football. They attack a super-rotten system (FA, UEFA, FIFA) that is a factual Super League since some decades, favouring a cluster of top clubs for all the silverware. Look at the situation in the 60s or 70s to see the difference.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27311: Apr 20, 2021 08:12:32 am

So far there's been no one more vocal from what I've watched/read/heard than Neville such is his passion to get this super league thrown out, I don't think that's a bad think Si do you?

So far I've not heard one player or manager that appears to be keen on the idea. With Neville and hopefully others start to show such passion against this I now think it can be done after what's happened over the last 24 hours.

He's slated the big six and not held back in his thoughts either. Personally I think he's doing a great job and gave him more credit than I though he deserved,  he's actually very clever. He knows he's made a good living from football and doesn't hide that fact.

Think about it, if the like of Neville & Gallagher can show such venom/passion along with the fans surely many will follow. If there's ever a case of wanting the sheep to follow this is it to protect our great game.

I notice he's been more vocal of United & Liverpool too. Both got American owners, both the most successful clubs in English football so it makes perfect sense due to the heritage of our clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if Woodward tried to stop Neville getting in OT again after his slating of the club. No it's fair to say he's given the owners of all six clubs plenty of abuse, and rightly so.

Hopefully it continues.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2822 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27312: Apr 20, 2021 08:15:34 am
      So far there's been no one more vocal from what I've watched/read/heard than Neville such is his passion to get this super league thrown out, I don't think that's a bad think Si do you?

So far I've not heard one player or manager that appears to be keen on the idea. With Neville and hopefully others start to show such passion against this I now think it can be done after what's happened over the last 24 hours.

He's slated the big six and not held back in his thoughts either. Personally I think he's doing a great job and gave him more credit than I though he deserved,  he's actually very clever. He knows he's made a good living from football and doesn't hide that fact.

Think about it, if the like of Neville & Gallagher can show such venom/passion along with the fans surely many will follow. If there's ever a case of wanting the sheep to follow this is it to protect our great game.

I notice he's been more vocal of United & Liverpool too. Both got American owners, both the most successful clubs in English football so it makes perfect sense due to the heritage of our clubs. Wouldn't surprise me if Woodward tried to stop Neville getting in OT again after his slating of the club. No it's fair to say he's given the owners of all six clubs plenty of abuse, and rightly so.

Hopefully it continues.

Nobody of any note as supported this yet. Anyone on fotums or opinion polls, the big minority, that do either dont fully get it or are on a wind up .

Still nothing from our board I take it to even try and sell this to us?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #27313: Apr 20, 2021 08:21:17 am
      You people are just deluded if you think FSG attacks good ol' football. They attack a super-rotten system (FA, UEFA, FIFA) that is a factual Super League since some decades, favouring a cluster of top clubs for all the silverware. Look at the situation in the 60s or 70s to see the difference.

Hahahaha FSG here to save us then?

F**k off with that sh*te you F***ing idiot.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2822 
      Reply #27314: Apr 20, 2021 08:41:52 am

I wish it were true. But clearly its not.

If this was about anything other then lining their pockets then why have they

. Not informed their manager
      . Not informed their players
      . Not informed the fans

of what their intentions are? Because greed is the intention. No relegation ever for the "founders" is that not a give away? If this was genuine why do that. Why only invite a select few?

Its a select club. You can see them all sitting around a table puffing on cigars sipping brandy talking about how much this will make them. C**nts
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #27315: Apr 20, 2021 09:09:42 am

With all the negativity, and the appearance of greed, of course no one is going to openly support it.

However, behind closed doors I expect a completely different situation. Top players dream about playing in the Champions League. You can't tell me that all of a sudden, as that 'Champions League' becomes more official and permanent under a new Super League name, that they are all upset and don't want to play...  :roll: Managers included.

It's all part of the drama. The Neville type characters will spout as much as possible to be seen to look good if it fails. However, if approval is given and it becomes official, just watch these people change their attitude. Rumour yesterday that Sky will be broadcasting the games...

It's the same with the German clubs. It's easy to say "No" right now and look good. But if it becomes official, those clubs will join instantly.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #27316: Apr 20, 2021 09:19:41 am
      With all the negativity, and the appearance of greed, of course no one is going to openly support it.

However, behind closed doors I expect a completely different situation. Top players dream about playing in the Champions League. You can't tell me that all of a sudden, as that 'Champions League' becomes more official and permanent under a new Super League name, that they are all upset and don't want to play...  :roll: Managers included.

It's all part of the drama. The Neville type characters will spout as much as possible to be seen to look good if it fails. However, if approval is given and it becomes official, just watch these people change their attitude. Rumour yesterday that Sky will be broadcasting the games...

It's the same with the German clubs. It's easy to say "No" right now and look good. But if it becomes official, those clubs will join instantly.

Dont think so fella, the German teams are owned 51% by the fans and 49% corporate owned. So if their fans feel as strongly about this as most of us do then they would vote against it.
      With regards to Sky showing the matches if it got of the ground, I expect the "Cartel" will have thier own broadcasting company set up to show the games.
      I could be wrong just my opinion.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #27317: Apr 20, 2021 09:24:11 am
      Seen they’ve just cancelled employee meeting and refused to speak to staff.

Horrible spineless cu*ts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27318: Apr 20, 2021 10:20:28 am
      Sometimes the penny has a long way to drop...

... They don't care mate; not about LFC; not about Jürgen and not about us.

The hungry hoors were trying to instigate the cream off, by "top" PL teams, of overseas TV revenue.

Carpetbaggers v2.0 mocking mug fans since 2010.

And sometimes it doesn't.

#Carpetbaggers

* Does his told you so dance then fucks off, back into the shadows.  :laugh:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #27319: Apr 20, 2021 10:59:11 am
      Never was the biggest fan of them but certainly done with them now (I'm sure they'll be please as it's one less 'legacy fan' they want to drive away from football). Add the F**k up with ticket prices and the furlough situation to this and it just shows what a horrible bunch of tw*ts they are.

A bunch of cowards that have hidden behind the manager. Apparently Klopp had to spend time yesterday prepping for media questions rather than getting ready for the match. None of his quotes on the club website, in fact the only statement on the ESL has quotes from Joel F***ing Glazer yet we have heard nothing from the senior people involved in this mess.

I'm sure people will defend them and say any owner would have done this and how they saved us back in 2010. Let's be honest the reality is that saving us and winning trophies were just by-products of them making a big load of cash.

F**k these cu*ts.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #27320: Apr 20, 2021 11:08:07 am
      Like the so called ESL, these lot ( FSG ) want f**cking binning for good !
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 528 
      Reply #27321: Apr 20, 2021 11:47:19 am
      Owners being money-grabbing bas**rds surprises me about as much as the sun coming up in the morning. All the big 6 owners have done the same. The important thing is to beat them on this (and other) issues. I'm not expecting to ever have owners that are fundamentally different.

The exception would be if we could get majority fan ownership. If the govt legislated something like that it would be a great unintended consequence of this. Unfortunately, there is no way the politicians will do that to their rich mates, regardless of what noises they are making for public consumption.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #27322: Apr 20, 2021 11:53:25 am
      They need F***ing off into the sea.

Evil cu*ts.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2822