Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2647520 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27324: Apr 20, 2021 12:26:46 pm

Taking the 5th..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27325: Apr 20, 2021 01:13:00 pm
      There's genuinely only one option for them now, withdraw from the ESL and sell the club, you'll turn a f**king healthy profit and can ride off into the sunset of Boston.

The sale of the club needs the premier League to do what they're supposed to do but don't, it needs full and thorough vetting so the buyer is as squeaky clean as possible.

Before anyone says it, forget fan ownership, it isn't going to happen.

Not going to happen sadly
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27326: Apr 20, 2021 01:16:00 pm
      Cowards.

Saying nothing is making this even worse. Leaving Jürgen and the players to face the firing line. bas**rds
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27327: Apr 20, 2021 02:03:16 pm
      I know you guys have gave Neville a lot of praise but listening to him after the game it's as if it's FSG and Liverpool alone who came up with this idea.

Sick of hearing his whining now.

From what i've read, Perez (Madrid), Glazer (United) and Agnelli (Juventus) are the ring leaders of this ESL (they are chairman and vice-chairmen, respectively) and the rest are basically following along as to not be left out and fall further behind financially from the group.

UEFA/FIFA had it coming and can't feel one bit bad for them.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27328: Apr 20, 2021 02:07:20 pm
      From what i've read, Perez (Madrid), Glazer (United) and Agnelli (Juventus) are the ring leaders of this ESL (they are chairman and vice-chairmen, respectively) and the rest are basically following along as to not be left out and fall further behind financially from the group.

Nonsense that really isn’t it

Say (in a let’s not ever blame our owners for anything world) that it was just big bad Real, Utd and Juve all the rest needed to do was say f**k that lads and all say no

The 3 of them couldn’t start a league on their own if no one else went with them.. let’s face it, all 15 are as bad and as greedy and have zero respect for the history of their clubs or the fans and indeed the game as each other
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27329: Apr 20, 2021 02:12:20 pm
      Nonsense that really isn’t it

Say (in a let’s not ever blame our owners for anything world) that it was just big bad Real, Utd and Juve all the rest needed to do was say f**k that lads and all say no

The 3 of them couldn’t start a league on their own if no one else went with them.. let’s face it, all 15 are as bad and as greedy and have zero respect for the history of their clubs or the fans as each other

This is a battle of the greedy. Let's not pretend UEFA/FIFA are the good samaritans and the victims in all this. They are corrupt organizations run by crooks and the 12 teams ganging up together against them is of their own doing.

That doesn't excuse the 12 teams that are doing this and all are in it for the money/greed as well, but my comment is regarding this perception that Liverpool are the ring leaders and sole organizers of this ESL like Neville seems to be doing.

And by the way, greed is not just by owners and FIFA/UEFA. All these fans on here who only view the club through a net spend lens and don't care about building anything and just want to buy, buy, buy are no less greedy. They wanted this team to be on par with City and Chelsea with spending, and now this ESL appears would allow us to do it, or at least close the gap. Well here we go, these same greedy fans now are turning virtuous.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021 02:17:26 pm by CT_LFC »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27330: Apr 20, 2021 02:16:06 pm

You the spokeswoman for FSG...? they & the  Glazers along with that c**t Levy are the masterminds of this..along with Kronke...all American ownership...

Want to turn everything into a leveraged franchise...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27331: Apr 20, 2021 02:22:35 pm
      I know you guys have gave Neville a lot of praise but listening to him after the game it's as if it's FSG and Liverpool alone who came up with this idea.

Sick of hearing his whining now.

Neville is not singling out LFC, what he is saying & is right in saying it that he expected much more from Liverpool & United & to be honest so did I...

What attracted FSG to buy us at a ridiculous price...? Not the love of the sport,  club or city but how they can fleece & milk to golden calf more, they threw their weight behind FFP so they wouldn’t have to spend their own wealth on signings & when that failed they started this focus group of American owned PL teams in order to maximise profits & line their own pockets & create a breakaway league...

RedWilly

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #27332: Apr 20, 2021 02:58:22 pm
      You have to wonder if this has been their endgame since day one, moving us to an yank style ‘franchise’ where we just become a bigger cash cow than we already are.

I never thought they were as bad as some made out and didn’t think they were as amazing as some made out either, but this decision puts me firmly in the FSG out crowd.

I’d rather see us docked points and relegated so we lose all the fans who this is aimed at, because let’s be honest they it’s aimed at those who want to support a ‘fashionable’ club.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27333: Apr 20, 2021 03:17:22 pm
      Neville is not singling out LFC, what he is saying & is right in saying it that he expected much more from Liverpool & United & to be honest so did I...

What attracted FSG to buy us at a ridiculous price...? Not the love of the sport,  club or city but how they can fleece & milk to golden calf more, they threw their weight behind FFP so they wouldn’t have to spend their own wealth on signings & when that failed they started this focus group of American owned PL teams in order to maximise profits & line their own pockets & create a breakaway league...

The thing is...people keep talking about this "American way" of sports. That's not entirely true. For years, the American way (in our sports leagues) was rich owners (Steinbrenner and the Yankees for instance) buying all the best players (just like Real, Chelsea, etc...). Once they introduced salary caps in most leagues, that started to change and it got a little more competitive. That's why I found it odd that NESV thought they could come and compete in a league where spending is king when they clearly didn't want to spend. They banked on FFP and that never happened and now they are doing their best to ride along with these other big spending clubs to ensure they don't lose their ass in the long term. Notice FSG haven't said anything...the main mouthpieces here have been Real and Man United. It's ridiculous that the Liverpool website merely has story with words from the Glazers. Like when would you have thought we'd ever have the Glazers basically speaking for this club?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #27334: Apr 20, 2021 04:34:09 pm

Yea apparently I've missed a fair bit of that he said but the part I was watching seemed he was having a go at us and only us.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27335: Apr 20, 2021 04:35:45 pm
      Yea apparently I've missed a fair bit of that he said but the part I was watching seemed he was having a go at us and only us.

Im not one to back Neville or anything to do with Utd for that matter but he did steam into them the night before and we took the focus last night as we were playing

He was very matter of fact to be honest it placing the blame at the feet mainly of both Utd and us (at board level that is)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27336: Apr 20, 2021 04:51:21 pm
      If we are facing domestic consequence, I cannot forgive them but for the Super League rather UCL I do not know.

We need to be careful what we wish for. We might have been worse. I will stay updated and decide later on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27337: Apr 20, 2021 05:01:31 pm
      If we are facing domestic consequence, I cannot forgive them but for the Super League rather UCL I do not know.

We need to be careful what we wish for. We might have been worse. I will stay updated and decide later on.

Do you think the Premier League can survive without these 6 teams though? I mean honestly. Will anyone watch matches between Burnley and Southamption or Everton and West Ham week in and week out?

The Premier League are upset (somewhat rightfully I suppose) that someone is bending them over their knee and giving them a spanking. So while I'm not in favor of this breakaway, I will enjoy these other federations/organizations getting their pants pulled down for a change because they've been pulling down the pants of the fans for years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #27338: Apr 20, 2021 05:20:18 pm
      Do you think the Premier League can survive without these 6 teams though? I mean honestly. Will anyone watch matches between Burnley and Southamption or Everton and West Ham week in and week out?

The Premier League are upset (somewhat rightfully I suppose) that someone is bending them over their knee and giving them a spanking. So while I'm not in favor of this breakaway, I will enjoy these other federations/organizations getting their pants pulled down for a change because they've been pulling down the pants of the fans for years.

Not a chance the league will throw these 6 teams out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #27339: Apr 20, 2021 05:21:23 pm
      Sometimes the penny has a long way to drop...

And sometimes it doesn't.

#Carpetbaggers

* Does his told you so dance then fucks off, back into the shadows.  :laugh:

Hope you're well mate - touche by the way!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #27340: Apr 20, 2021 05:27:16 pm
      Sometimes the penny has a long way to drop...

And sometimes it doesn't.

#Carpetbaggers

* Does his told you so dance then fucks off, back into the shadows.  :laugh:

Nice to see you back mate, if only for a moment.  Cheers
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #27341: Apr 20, 2021 05:29:02 pm
      We're all F***ing responsible.  We've lapped it all up, been there, demanded success at all costs, and bought the bloody overpriced T shirts.  Paid up, turned up and sung our sodding hearts out. 
      They've taken the fans for granted because the fans have followed the club.  They knew we always would.  They've let us believe the club was 'ours' when they robbed it from us years ago.  They know we'll keep following.  Like drug addicts, we can't stop.  It's gone.  Unless we are all prepared to fight this.  Not some of us - all of us.  All fans, of all clubs.  The only ways we can - don't go, don't watch, don't buy. 

They.  Them.  bas**rds.

Some of us had them sussed from day 1 and were massively ridiculed as BBB points out.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27342: Apr 20, 2021 05:54:22 pm
      I cant believe that the name of Liverpool football club, and that includes past heroes, is the name being damaged not FSG or NESV its Liverpool.

That is what is turning my stomach. Innocent men like Klopp, Millie, the entire squad and mgmt team who know nothing about it being tarnished. Kenny, Jesus Kenny! Thats how this is being portrayed...LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.......you pure c**ts. Come out like real people and put your hands up and admit you kept this from everyone.

Admit you done it for nothing other than greed....And admit you were wrong and step back, then step away
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27343: Apr 20, 2021 06:18:46 pm

The premier league without those 6 teams is nothing, just like la liga is nothing without Real, Barcelona and Atletico. Who are you going to sell the league around? Leicester and Everton? The big tv contracts and large sponsors will flock to the ESL.

I take all these UEFA/FIFA threats as posturing because they need those 12 teams and its players more than they need UEFA/FIFA. My uneducated guess is this is a big poker game and for the time being the Dirty Dozen will be able to negotiate more money out of UEFA and the ESL will be put on hold for the short term.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,484 posts | 3286 
      Reply #27344: Apr 20, 2021 06:37:12 pm
      I cant believe that the name of Liverpool football club, and that includes past heroes, is the name being damaged not FSG or NESV its Liverpool.

That is what is turning my stomach. Innocent men like Klopp, Millie, the entire squad and mgmt team who know nothing about it being tarnished. Kenny, Jesus Kenny! Thats how this is being portrayed...LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.......you pure c**ts. Come out like real people and put your hands up and admit you kept this from everyone.

Admit you done it for nothing other than greed....And admit you were wrong and step back, then step away

It’s very poor from the owners but I believe whoever owned us in the modern era would be doing the same and if they did sell us the asking price will be in the billions and who can afford that ? People who would be doing the same

They are all after the money
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27345: Apr 20, 2021 06:40:11 pm
      ;D

Go back a few pages and see how me, and a few other posters, were attacked for calling these c*nts out for what they are.

We were called all names under the sun. Parents abused, threatened with violence, racist posts that went unpunished and more.

Apparently we were secret Manc fans that were only here to rile up other supporters.

Now people like that lallanainpyjamas poster can stay on his knees and finish polishing off his beloved NESV whilst the rest of you get round to smelling that coffee we've been begging you all to have a whiff of for a while now
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27346: Apr 20, 2021 06:40:25 pm
      It’s very poor from the owners but I believe whoever owned us in the modern era would be doing the same and if they did sell us the asking price will be in the billions and who can afford that ? People who would be doing the same

They are all after the money

Prob on the money there pal, pardon the pun

And Id bet any of the 14 prem league clubs would be in if invited

Quick Reply