Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755882 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27416: Apr 20, 2021 10:22:59 pm
      So, where do FSG go from here?
      For me they've betrayed our trust, shown a complete disregard for Jürgen/the players/staff, and a pathetic ignorance of the history of football in the City and what it means to "legacy" fans around the world.
      Will they look for a buyer? Or try to repair the damage they've done. They would need to come out with a absolutely grovelling apology - but even then, why would anyone believe that the shower of money grabbing shites even mean what they say.
      If we could get someone else in, would happily say goodbye and goodluck to them.
      That though, is easier said than done unfortunately.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #27417: Apr 20, 2021 10:34:12 pm
      So, where do FSG go from here?
      For me they've betrayed our trust, shown a complete disregard for Jürgen/the players/staff, and a pathetic ignorance of the history of football in the City and what it means to "legacy" fans around the world.
      Will they look for a buyer? Or try to repair the damage they've done. They would need to come out with a absolutely grovelling apology - but even then, why would anyone believe that the shower of money grabbing shites even mean what they say.
      If we could get someone else in, would happily say goodbye and goodluck to them.
      That though, is easier said than done unfortunately.

The problem is the club is valued around £2bn - if the owners were looking to sell who in the world has that level of money and is someone we would see as decent owners , it’s a very small list - might be a case of better the devil you know and they try and redeem the situation by supporting the manager etc
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27418: Apr 20, 2021 10:40:22 pm
      Carra & Souness saying no way back for FSG at Anfield & they should look to sell..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27419: Apr 20, 2021 10:46:28 pm
      Carra & Souness saying no way back for FSG at Anfield & they should look to sell..

Like Ive already said Shabs it's only time before they go. Loved It when  Souness said the owners can't be seen at the club again.  ;D  All though I'm a manc like you I know the Liverpool way. You fans simply won't allow it to happen.  We the fans have spoken, their all goners  :lmao:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27420: Apr 20, 2021 10:49:19 pm

The problem is the club is valued around £2bn - if the owners were looking to sell who in the world has that level of money and is someone we would see as decent owners , it’s a very small list - might be a case of better the devil you know and they try and redeem the situation by supporting the manager etc

They'll need to decide if they want to [try] repair things. In the knowledge they probably never will fully no matter what they do. If they decide its gone to far, yep, they'll need to find a buyer and yep, that won't be easy.
      But they made their bed. F***ing morons - they had a lot of credit in the back with fans, a great manager and squad, big sponser, and they go do this :(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #27421: Apr 20, 2021 11:04:19 pm

Not a hope in hell, supporting the manager would mean dropping the sell to buy policy which in turn would necessitate NESV spending monies accrued on the back of LFC!

Bear in mind they stand to make a good profit for doing F**k all for all these years so getting shut is a mammoth task.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #27422: Apr 20, 2021 11:05:39 pm
      Bye bye FSG. Don't go away mad, just go away.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27423: Apr 20, 2021 11:06:48 pm
      Out of touch journo.Go onto the many LFC sites and the vast vast majority think FSG stink.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27424: Apr 20, 2021 11:07:46 pm
      People railing against capitalism until the next transfer window opens
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #27425: Apr 20, 2021 11:11:11 pm
      Arsenal were the only club to apologise in their statement - would be nice if FSG were to do the same . . . not that I'm expecting it, but would be very happy to be proved wrong. 

You've lost our trust FSG, you've clearly lost your trust in the loyal fans.  Walk away from our club. 

Great news tonight. 

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27426: Apr 20, 2021 11:18:46 pm
      Arsenal were the only club to apologise in their statement - would be nice if FSG were to do the same . . . not that I'm expecting it, but would be very happy to be proved wrong. 

You've lost our trust FSG, you've clearly lost your trust in the loyal fans.  Walk away from our club. 

Great news tonight. 

YNWA

Doesn't matter if they apologies or not, their all guilty as charged. Not sure I want a apology myself as I wouldn't except it anyway.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27427: Apr 20, 2021 11:21:21 pm
      I haven't posted for such a long time but remember this a few of us have always questioned their motivation for this club and what the end game was. It has now and always has been about amassing more wealth for themselves. They had no affiliation with the City no affiliation with the club and no affiliation with football this day was always coming whether in this guise or when they sell and the club ends up with a debt of £2billion on it.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #27428: Apr 20, 2021 11:23:04 pm
      Doesn't matter if they apologies or not, their all guilty as charged. Not sure I want a apology myself as I wouldn't except it anyway.

I agree in saying they're guilty as charged.  If they apologised, I wouldn't accept it.  If they apologised and said "we were wrong, apologies." then I would appreciate that more than no comment at all. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27429: Apr 20, 2021 11:27:49 pm
      FSG are known for their due diligence. They would have 100% expected this reaction from fans and media. So the question is why now pull the plug?
      I expected City to pull out as it didn't give them any advantage over what they already have, but this would've been the huge increase in franchise value, which FSG are all about.
      I can only assume that they didn't want to be seen to be the last to jump ship.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #27430: Apr 20, 2021 11:30:20 pm
      FSG are known for their due diligence. They would have 100% expected this reaction from fans and media. So the question is why now pull the plug?

Because they're idiots.  They thought they could push this move through and failed miserably.  They couldn't even put together a half decent statement for us to see their views . . . not even a f*cking apology!!!!!   Spineless, the lot of them.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27431: Apr 20, 2021 11:30:26 pm
      People railing against capitalism until the next transfer window opens

No, fans will always want to see season on season improvement in the team, and that's not unreasonable.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #27432: Apr 20, 2021 11:31:25 pm
      I haven't posted for such a long time but remember this a few of us have always questioned their motivation for this club and what the end game was. It has now and always has been about amassing more wealth for themselves. They had no affiliation with the City no affiliation with the club and no affiliation with football this day was always coming whether in this guise or when they sell and the club ends up with a debt of £2billion on it.

True, but neither will any future buyer. Billionaires are billionaires precisely because they are sociopaths.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27433: Apr 20, 2021 11:36:25 pm
      Because they're idiots.  They thought they could push this move through and failed miserably.  They couldn't even put together a half decent statement for us to see their views . . . not even a f*cking apology!!!!!   Spineless, the lot of them.

I don't think they're idiots. They're very intelligent when it comes to making money through investment.
      I guess they were hoping that all the teams would hold firm against all the opposition to the new super league. Once Chelsea, we who were only really half heartily invested ( because Roman Abramovich is actually a football fan) pulled out the plan started to collapse.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27434: Apr 20, 2021 11:36:50 pm
      I agree in saying they're guilty as charged.  If they apologised, I wouldn't accept it.  If they apologised and said "we were wrong, apologies." then I would appreciate that more than no comment at all. 

Narr I wouldn't under any circumstances. Wasn't the contract for the super league over 170 pages or something? How long do you think it would of taken to dot all the I's and cross the T's in this. Probably years of planing behind players, managers and more importantly the fans backs.

I wouldn't p!ss on them if they were on fire. Fuuck erm.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27435: Apr 20, 2021 11:38:23 pm
      It's official. :D

NESV are the official owners of Liverpool F.C. ;D

Now it's well and truly game on!  :champ:

Ahhh remember these days? I 😀😬🤮
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #27436: Apr 20, 2021 11:42:36 pm
      It's time the fans of all PL clubs wrangle back some control from these number crunching parasitic suit owners.

Supporters here need to demand changes to club ownership and look for something similar to the Bundesliga model of 51% fan voting rights. This way another Super League attempt will never see the light of day again.

We boycott stadiums and buying merchandise until this change is made.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #27437: Apr 20, 2021 11:45:49 pm
      I expected City to pull out as it didn't give them any advantage over what they already have, but this would've been the huge increase in franchise value, which FSG are all about.
      I can only assume that they didn't want to be seen to be the last to jump ship.

They probably did not expect other clubs to jump ship.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #27438: Apr 20, 2021 11:46:26 pm
      I don't think they're idiots. They're very intelligent when it comes to making money through investment.
      I guess they were hoping that all the teams would hold firm against all the opposition to the new super league. Once Chelsea, we who were only really half heartily invested ( because Roman Abramovich is actually a football fan) pulled out the plan started to collapse.

They are idiots because they went through with this.  Cannot wait to see the back of them. 

We didn't build up our club from scratch for them to franchise us and get us into a shambles of a competition. We want the opportunity to win as many trophies as possible because we are capable of that.

I agree with you in saying that them signing the contract was not over a short time frame . . . if they had time to go through all that then how come they didn't have time to consider our reaction and feelings toward this sh*t show????  I'll tell you.  It's because we don't give them enough money.  How much money do two people need???  F***ing cheek of them.

Quick Reply