Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2641190 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27761: May 06, 2021 01:29:13 pm
      Would you rather have no supporter group trying to get the views of the fans across to the owners?

Most people that seem to have a problem with the Fans union seem tobe psuedo-tories!! Some fella on twitter from Derby having a pop yesterday with the immortal tory viewpoint "I pay for tickets, why can't I have my say"

The fact SOS are now the biggest fans union in England, probably the most political savvy and have led the way on getting all away tickets for all fans reduced to £30 speaks volumes, but some of our own still have a F***ing problem with them.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27762: May 06, 2021 01:56:01 pm
      I can't think of anything more Tory than one sub-set of fans proclaiming themselves more important fans than all the other fans

gerrymandering an election

and then trying to get some directors' emoluments out of it to pay for their flat refurbishments
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27763: May 06, 2021 01:58:53 pm
      I can't think of anything more Tory than one sub-set of fans proclaiming themselves more important fans than all the other fans

So you're basically calling a UNION, tory? You're saying SOS are more important than other fans, cos no one else, not even SOS are saying that.  Maybe it's you with the problem, no?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27764: May 06, 2021 02:08:15 pm

and then trying to get some directors' emoluments out of it to pay for their flat refurbishments

I’m not sure you understand what SOS have done in the past and what they are trying to do

They look after the interests of their members - they never claim to look after all fans , I’m not a member and the early stages was a touch militant but they got organised very well and they represent their members very well

They aren’t just shouting FSG out etc - they are getting a better communication between the club and the fans - there is nothing hidden with them and the club is at their heart

I don’t believe they should have representives on the board etc but they should certainly be part of a fan group comms with the club
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27765: May 06, 2021 02:10:32 pm

What have you done with Heimdall...?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27766: May 06, 2021 02:13:36 pm

hahaha, Heimdall's last post was 4/27 and EarnedIt6Times coincidentally joined 4/29. Hmm
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27767: May 06, 2021 02:28:04 pm
      You're saying SOS are more important than other fans, cos no one else, not even SOS are saying that.

Well they are saying that by the virtue of the fact that they've gone in to see LFC and said we're the big cheeses here, you're gonna deal with us and us only, and we want to control the club's board

It's like a load of oligarchs going in to see Vladimir Putin and explaining how they'll keep him in power but he's got to meet this this and this demand or he's going to start finding he's got problems with his oblasts (and you don't wanna have problems with those)

It's basically a F**k off great big metaphor for modern day Russia, shot on location in L4, Jimmy McGovern directing, starring Anna Friel, Tom Georgeson and a CGI Arthur Lowe.

I'm particularly looking forward to the episode where SoS operatives stick novichok down John Henry's underpants while he's not looking, and just like Alexei Navalny, he doesn't notice! I mean, you'd think you'd notice if someone stuck their hand in your underkecks and started tapping droplets out of a vial down there, it's the sort of thing you'd remember, but no, apparently not.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27768: May 06, 2021 02:30:52 pm
      they should certainly be part of a fan group comms with the club

why?

what's wrong with Tony Barrett?

ps - happy bithday for the other day, 50 was it  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27769: May 06, 2021 03:07:03 pm

Think his dummy came out mate. We needed the break but he'll be back.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27770: May 06, 2021 03:15:05 pm
      hahaha, Heimdall's last post was 4/27 and EarnedIt6Times coincidentally joined 4/29. Hmm

You do EarnedIt6Times an injustice CT.  ;D Not a chance (( IMHO)) that's Heimy in disguise  :lmao:  The lad seems ok to me.  :)
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27771: May 06, 2021 05:34:21 pm
      You do EarnedIt6Times an injustice CT.  ;D Not a chance (( IMHO)) that's Heimy in disguise  :lmao:  The lad seems ok to me.  :)

He’s a bit odd but he is literate so it can’t be Heimy
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27772: May 06, 2021 08:04:49 pm
      He’s a bit odd but he is literate so it can’t be Heimy

:lmao:

jeg er ikke Norwegian wool
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27773: May 07, 2021 10:45:16 pm
      Jesus, now we've caved in to the UEFA mafia and agreed to pay £15m ransom money (split between 9 of the 12 ESL clubs) just so they're nice to us again

Tell them to F**k off, it's got no legal basis whatsoever. It's F***ing extortion is what it is. It's a criminal offence.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #27774: May 08, 2021 12:22:58 am
      Jesus, now we've caved in to the UEFA mafia and agreed to pay £15m ransom money (split between 9 of the 12 ESL clubs) just so they're nice to us again

Tell them to f**k off, it's got no legal basis whatsoever. It's f**king extortion is what it is. It's a criminal offence.

What do you expect, we broke the rules and there needs to be repercussions as a deterrent.
      I have a bigger problem with John Henry not fronting the cost as some of the other “big six” owners have committed to…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57031372

European Super League: Nine clubs given financial sanctions by Uefa over breakaway

The nine clubs have agreed to make a combined 15m euros (£13.4m) goodwill contribution to benefit children's and grassroots football across Europe.

They will also have 5% of Uefa competition revenues withheld for one season, starting in 2023-24, and this money will be redistributed, including in the UK.

Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer will pay his club's portion of the goodwill contribution and the competition revenue, which will not come out of club funds.

Arsenal's owners, Kroenke Sports and Entertainment, are committed to meeting all costs incurred by the ESL while a Tottenham statement said: "Any fines will be the responsibility of the owners."

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27775: May 08, 2021 12:38:32 am
      What do you expect, we broke the rules and there needs to be repercussions as a deterrent.

What rule? Name it. It'll never stand up in court in a million years.

Neither would any deterrent.

Football clubs are businesses. They can choose to set up competitions however they want. Any restraint of that would be illegal.

Fair fucks to Real, Barca and Juventus for telling the UEFA mafia to F***ing do one.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #27776: May 08, 2021 12:48:15 am
      I have a bigger problem with John Henry not fronting the cost as some of the other “big six” owners have committed to…

Meh, even if they pledge to pay the fine out of their own pockets, you just know they will find a way to get it back later on (through dividends and the like)...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27777: May 08, 2021 11:09:45 am
      Meh, even if they pledge to pay the fine out of their own pockets, you just know they will find a way to get it back later on (through dividends and the like)...

Tight fisted counting leaches
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #27778: May 08, 2021 11:28:13 am
      Well they are saying that by the virtue of the fact that they've gone in to see LFC and said we're the big cheeses here, you're gonna deal with us and us only, and we want to control the club's board

It's like a load of oligarchs going in to see Vladimir Putin and explaining how they'll keep him in power but he's got to meet this this and this demand or he's going to start finding he's got problems with his oblasts (and you don't wanna have problems with those)

It's basically a f**k off great big metaphor for modern day Russia, shot on location in L4, Jimmy McGovern directing, starring Anna Friel, Tom Georgeson and a CGI Arthur Lowe.

I'm particularly looking forward to the episode where SoS operatives stick novichok down John Henry's underpants while he's not looking, and just like Alexei Navalny, he doesn't notice! I mean, you'd think you'd notice if someone stuck their hand in your underkecks and started tapping droplets out of a vial down there, it's the sort of thing you'd remember, but no, apparently not.

Perhaps the fluid was voluntarily accepted, on a long fleshy probe  :f_whistle:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27779: May 08, 2021 11:28:43 am

Are the club currently not looking to spend £30mil plus on a player

Just look at how much money the club have spent on players -

And this “goodwill gesture” of a couple mil will come from the owners.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27780: May 08, 2021 11:34:39 am
      What rule? Name it. It'll never stand up in court in a million years.

Neither would any deterrent.

Football clubs are businesses. They can choose to set up competitions however they want. Any restraint of that would be illegal.

Fair fucks to Real, Barca and Juventus for telling the UEFA mafia to f**king do one.

The clubs are signed up to play UEFA Comps - they tried to create a new competition which they can’t do “however they want” - they needed to leave UEFA and then create the competition.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27781: May 08, 2021 11:51:30 am

Just look at how much money the club have spent on players -

Similar to hat they’ve brought in for players  :confused-smiley-013:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27782: May 08, 2021 12:23:25 pm
      Similar to hat they’ve brought in for players  :confused-smiley-013:

And  :f_doh:

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27783: May 08, 2021 12:27:18 pm

You can’t raise one point without considering the other - unless you have an agenda like

I’d guarantee though that without the sales pretty much matching the buys then the money spent would be no where near as much

Quick Reply