Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1672094 times
      Billo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,300 posts | 469 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27775: Apr 25, 2021 03:48:37 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

For that you get an aging team with possible Europa league football next season. You get an old stadium. And you get the ever uncertain risk of having no fans in stadiums because of covid mutations fears.

No time wasters.

I didnt know about the bid but i have to say that it was strange that FSG turned it down. You point out good reasons for why FSG should have sold. They could have made a huge profit and they could have claimed that they won everything with LFC. Strange decision by them imo.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,557 posts | 737 
      Reply #27776: Apr 25, 2021 03:54:44 pm
      Jota was signed as potential and played 24 games(8 being sub),Gini has been here for around 5 years and played 232 games and Jürgen rates him highly,we paid 25m for Thiago who was 29 (now 30) and is one of the highest earners at the club on around 200k per week and signed a four year contract hence he will be 33 when his contract is up!!and is only 5 months younger than Gini,so your argument doesn't add up.

OK mate . Think Thiago pedigree , quality and success may have played a part and obviously the owners believe he his worth that whereas the owners believe Gini isn't which goes back to my original post until you started to bring other players into the argument so my argument does add up and I am with the owners as originally stated
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #27777: Apr 25, 2021 04:16:12 pm
      £3,000,000,000.

For that you get an aging team with possible Europa league football next season. You get an old stadium. And you get the ever uncertain risk of having no fans in stadiums because of covid mutations fears.

No time wasters.

Are you a parody of someone or something 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #27778: Apr 25, 2021 04:17:32 pm
      I want the US bas**rds gone. I want a Sheikh that gives us the money like City gets but respects the legacy and tradition of LFC. Of course first choice would be a buy-out from us fans or the city, but that ain't realistic.

How about the Saudi Royal Family ?
      Billo

• 8,300 posts | 469 
      Reply #27779: Apr 25, 2021 04:19:48 pm

what about them?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #27780: Apr 25, 2021 04:21:00 pm
      REALLY?Not giving an improved contract to a long servant who rarely gets injured and plays nearly every game,Gini's contract is 90K a week,that's 13th in the players wages,with players like Keita,Milly and the OX,who are not first team regulars all paid more.4 players are on double what Gini gates,would you be happy at work if people were paid double what you earn for doing the same job they do,FFS Firmino is on double who has been crap for the best part of two years.Jürgen rates Gini extremely highly and Gini has come out saying he wants to stay,Jürgen has sent lots of statements in his interviews stating he wants Gini to stay.

Here's the website with the players wages on,  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

What’s also worth noting is that all the players wages have a lot of incentives to boost them up - the owners are very keen on performance related bonuses
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #27781: Apr 25, 2021 11:32:23 pm
      i was surprised when i heard today they turned down 3b.. overall they havn't been bad owners brought us a title and european cup.. made some mistakes the super league being the Biggest... so i can see why some fans want them gone cause traditions mean alot in this game.. however you got to be careful wishing them out  we could end up with a new owner like arsenals or the glazers...
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,252 posts | 3890 
      Reply #27782: Apr 26, 2021 04:48:51 am

What’s also worth noting is that all the players wages have a lot of incentives to boost them up - the owners are very keen on performance related bonuses

Probably why our forwards are selfish..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27783: Apr 26, 2021 07:03:01 am
      however you got to be careful wishing them out  we could end up with a new owner like arsenals or the glazers...

I fail to see the difference with the three you mentioned, plus the three you missed out. Their all snakes and don't deserve loyal fans.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27784: Apr 26, 2021 04:17:18 pm
      OK mate . Think Thiago pedigree , quality and success may have played a part and obviously the owners believe he his worth that whereas the owners believe Gini isn't which goes back to my original post until you started to bring other players into the argument so my argument does add up and I am with the owners as originally stated

Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #27785: Apr 26, 2021 04:31:31 pm
      Gini has played 42 games so far this season(3 as sub) and scored 2 goals and no assists whilst Thiago has played 23 games(4 as sub)and has scored no goals and no assists.Gini deserves a new improved contract,if FSG replace Gini then that is at least 30m plus as well as big wages.Thiago has really been disappointing this season and for me doesn't deserve to start when Hendo and Fab are back in the midfield,could anyone tell me what Thiago brings to the team?he loses nearly every header,doesn't track players/back,can't tackle,can't score(has had 14 shots with 3 on target) and has no assists.I believe Jürgen will put Gini before Thiago on the teamsheet.

Thing is with every signing we make as a club it tends to be made on stats

It may well be, and I’d imagine it is that Gini doesn’t perhaps deserve a new contract stats wise, it may be felt that we’ve pretty much burnt him out

I say that with what is wanted by both sides

Gini, this is his last contract and he will probably want a 4-5 year deal on more money, we may be willing to offer him more on a 2 year deal
      Gini may think that he needs that longer deal as he may be even further off stats wise 2 years down the line

What people need to understand is that it’s his job and that he will be looking long term

To be honest he’s been a great servant but actually it may well be pert of the natural refreshing of the team we need

I’ve read people say why is he captain at times?
      Well he was picked to be 3rd choice behind Hendo and Virg by the players so if he’s picked and those don’t play then even with the contract situation then he has to be captain
      It’s a squad harmony issue, it would cause more issues if he’s stripped of it, the players think of it and contracts far differently than we do

Of course Jürgen in a perfect world would want him to stay but if you asked him honestly on a 5 year deal? I’m not sure

As for Thiago. He’s quality, I think with a firing team he would look a completely different player, pre Everton away when Richardson did him he was starting to settle, and show his quality, Chelsea away and the derby he looked amazing

Personally I’d show patience with him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #27786: Apr 26, 2021 04:47:02 pm

Gini has been offered a new contract - he just doors the like they contract offered to him. That’s fine , he can move on and the club will move on
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,628 posts | 735 
      Reply #27787: Apr 26, 2021 04:58:18 pm

Correct, we are very data driven and have a data nerd team that is very good at what they do. It is with this data they determined Klopp's last season at Dortmund was an aberration and product of horrible luck and should have ended much higher in the table therefore it convinced them to go after him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,557 posts | 737 
      Reply #27788: Apr 26, 2021 08:15:16 pm

Doesn't win headers= Horseshit . Actually very good at heading as oppose to Gini you mean
      Doesn't track back and tackle= Won the ball back more times than  anyone at weekend would seriously doubt any other midfielder wins back apart from Fab . As opposed to Gini tackling are you actually serious he couldn't tackle his way out of  a paper bag . Your talking sh*te
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27789: Apr 26, 2021 09:00:27 pm

It may well be, and I’d imagine it is that Gini doesn’t perhaps deserve a new contract stats wise, it may be felt that we’ve pretty much burnt him out

I say that with what is wanted by both sides

Gini, this is his last contract and he will probably want a 4-5 year deal on more money, we may be willing to offer him more on a 2 year deal
      Gini may think that he needs that longer deal as he may be even further off stats wise 2 years down the line

What people need to understand is that it’s his job and that he will be looking long term

To be honest he’s been a great servant but actually it may well be pert of the natural refreshing of the team we need

I’ve read people say why is he captain at times?
      Well he was picked to be 3rd choice behind Hendo and Virg by the players so if he’s picked and those don’t play then even with the contract situation then he has to be captain
      It’s a squad harmony issue, it would cause more issues if he’s stripped of it, the players think of it and contracts far differently than we do

Of course Jürgen in a perfect world would want him to stay but if you asked him honestly on a 5 year deal? I’m not sure

As for Thiago. He’s quality, I think with a firing team he would look a completely different player, pre Everton away when Richardson did him he was starting to settle, and show his quality, Chelsea away and the derby he looked amazing

Personally I’d show patience with him

If Gini doesn't deserve a new contract then why does Jürgen play him every game?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27790: Apr 26, 2021 09:10:46 pm
      Doesn't win headers= Horseshit . Actually very good at heading as oppose to Gini you mean
      Doesn't track back and tackle= Won the ball back more times than  anyone at weekend would seriously doubt any other midfielder wins back apart from Fab . As opposed to Gini tackling are you actually serious he couldn't tackle his way out of  a paper bag . Your talking sh*te

For me Thiago hasn't delivered,when we play flowing football and looked good he plays well but when we have struggled to break teams down he struggles,everyone says he was brought to split defences open with his passes but he's done f**k all,for me he has been a signing we didn't need and currently looks well overrated,hopefully he will prove me wrong next season.Gini has been a great servant who Jürgen doesn't always utilise properly,i love watching him play for Holland and before he spoke out thought he didn't want to sign a new contract.Please tell me what Thiago has bought to us this season?we have lost 7 of the 14 games he has played in the PL,for the record you have talked sh*t from the first post you made against mine about Gini,I would rather have Gini in the team alongside Fab and Hendo than Thiago.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,383 posts | 3478 
      Reply #27791: Apr 26, 2021 09:21:15 pm
      For me Thiago hasn't delivered,when we play flowing football and looked good he plays well but when we have struggled to break teams down he struggles,everyone says he was brought to split defences open with his passes but he's done f**k all,for me he has been a signing we didn't need and currently looks well overrated,hopefully he will prove me wrong next season.Gini has been a great servant who Jürgen doesn't always utilise properly,i love watching him play for Holland and before he spoke out thought he didn't want to sign a new contract.Please tell me what Thiago has bought to us this season?we have lost 7 of the 14 games he has played in the PL,for the record you have talked sh*t from the first post you made against mine about Gini,I would rather have Gini in the team alongside Fab and Hendo than Thiago.

You are talking sh*t.

Gini has not had an assist in over two years.

Look at any stats table and Thiago outperforms the sideways passing coward in every aspect.

No great coincidence we fell apart after Thiago left the pitch on the weekend, quite frankly it’s embarrassing he has been handed the armband as he doesn’t even want to be here.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,921 posts | 1990 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27792: Apr 26, 2021 10:21:38 pm
      You are talking sh*t.

2 in 4 seasons and 0 in the last 3 seasons, in the league anyway. No painting over that fact
      tezmac

• 8,201 posts | 402 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27793: Apr 27, 2021 08:53:32 am
      2 in 4 seasons and 0 in the last 3 seasons, in the league anyway. No painting over that fact

Wow thats bad
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,921 posts | 1990 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27794: Apr 27, 2021 08:55:28 am

Tez Id expect my goalkeeper to have 1 assist in 3 years!! Which he actually does
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2021 09:20:26 am by Brian78 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27795: Apr 27, 2021 10:16:25 am

Nothing new here then.  :lmao:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27796: Apr 27, 2021 10:27:19 am
      You are talking sh*t.

Look at any stats table and Thiago outperforms the sideways passing coward in every aspect.

No great coincidence we fell apart after Thiago left the pitch on the weekend, quite frankly it’s embarrassing he has been handed the armband as he doesn’t even want to be here.

Thank you for you contribution,you are the second biggest tit on this forum behind CT,Gini has come out in public and said he wants to stay!calling Gini a coward is ridiculous,WHY do you think Jürgen chooses Gini virtually every game?Thiago outperforms Gini??I don't think so,have a look at Gini's PL stats https://www.infogol.net/en/player/georginio-wijnaldum/4737 and Gini's overall PL stats for Liverpool https://www.premierleague.com/players/7114/Georginio-Wijnaldum/stats apart from Gini's two goals there stats are similar hence Gini deserves an improved contract offer because Gini's on less than half of what Thiago is. https://www.infogol.net/en/player/thiago/2706
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #27797: Apr 27, 2021 10:54:24 am
      Thank you for you contribution,you are the second biggest tit on this forum behind CT,Gini has come out in public and said he wants to stay!calling Gini a coward is ridiculous,WHY do you think Jürgen chooses Gini virtually every game?Thiago outperforms Gini??I don't think so,have a look at Gini's PL stats https://www.infogol.net/en/player/georginio-wijnaldum/4737 and Gini's overall PL stats for Liverpool https://www.premierleague.com/players/7114/Georginio-Wijnaldum/stats apart from Gini's two goals there stats are similar hence Gini deserves an improved contract offer because Gini's on less than half of what Thiago is. https://www.infogol.net/en/player/thiago/2706

You do know that they offered a new contract to Gini  :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,383 posts | 3478 
      Reply #27798: Apr 27, 2021 12:49:36 pm

Even a fool like you would realise Jürgen has no other options but pick Gini in midfield.
      But maybe it’s too difficult for you to see the obvious if you think Gini compares anywhere like Thiago in forward or even a defensive contribution this season.

Might help if you watch the odd match to compare the two when on the pitch together.

Only attribute Gini bests Thiago is holding up the ball turning and passing it back 😂

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,383 posts | 3478 
      Reply #27799: Apr 27, 2021 01:05:22 pm
      So Jürgen only chooses Gini because he has no other option,you are a tool.Thiago has been a let down so far and his record suggests he will play 15-20 league games a season with his record at Barca and Bayern,not good for a so called elite player on over £200k a week with no assists and no goals.Maybe we should do a poll on who thinks Thiago has been a success so far and is worth the money we are paying him whilst FSG are paying Robbo the best left back in the world 50k a week,yes 4 times what Thiago gets.LAUGHABLE

Only one tool on here at the moment, you have been on this forum for less than a year and have been called out constantly as a WUM.

No player has been a success this season, but for you to make out that Gini has been better than Gini is laughable.

Forward passes, key passes, dribbles, tackles made, interceptions, clearances in all these parameters Thiago has outperformed Gini.
      So who is the TOOL.

Quick Reply