Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764244 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27784: May 08, 2021 12:31:54 pm
      You can’t raise one point without considering the other - unless you have an agenda like

I’d guarantee though that without the sales pretty much matching the buys then the money spent would be no where near as much

But the sales were there so it’s irrelevent

All that matters is what actually happened as opposed to speculating on scenarios that didn’t happen

The club sell players and they buy player - money comes into the club and is spent by the club.

How can they be “tight fisted” when money is regularly spent on players , wages etc
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27785: May 08, 2021 12:36:20 pm

But the sales were there so it’s irrelevent

All that matters is what actually happened as opposed to speculating on scenarios that didn’t happen

The club sell players and they buy player - money comes into the club and is spent by the club.

How can they be “tight fisted” when money is regularly spent on players , wages etc

Not irrelevant

We all know you love the owners - seemingly more than the club.

You said tight fisted by the way, I didn’t.

I just said we wouldn’t spend without selling, that’s a fact, they even have always said the same

It’s ok, we know you love them, beyond the faux 17 minutes after the SL chat - and let’s face it had that gone through you’d have still been on here telling us how it’s such a good idea and your angle would have been defending it
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27786: May 08, 2021 12:39:18 pm
      The clubs are signed up to play UEFA Comps - they tried to create a new competition which they can’t do “however they want” - they needed to leave UEFA and then create the competition.

Never stand up in court, not a chance

It's classic UEFA, make up punishments as they go along

Racist abuse of players: 7,500 Euros

Clubs deciding UEFA are the mafia and forming their own competition: 15 million Euros

It's bollocks

The only reason 9 of the 12 clubs have agreed to pay it is because those clubs are run by cowards who want to show how ever so very very sorry they are. Gutless.

Good luck to UEFA running a Champions League without Real, Barcelona and Juventus in it. It'll be meaningless. Another asterisked trophy for the Manchester City asterisked trophy cabinet

When was the last time they actually won something which didn't have an asterisk? Fairs Cup was it when I was munching on my Farley's rusks?
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2021 01:12:50 pm by EarnedIt6Times »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27787: May 08, 2021 12:46:03 pm
      Not irrelevant

We all know you love the owners - seemingly more than the club.

You said tight fisted by the way, I didn’t.

I just said we wouldn’t spend without selling, that’s a fact, they even have always said the same

It’s ok, we know you love them, beyond the faux 17 minutes after the SL chat - and let’s face it had that gone through you’d have still been on here telling us how it’s such a good idea and your angle would have been defending it

The post I first replied too said tight fisted ffs 🤦‍♂️

You don’t know what we would or would not have spent if such and such didn’t leave - it’s nothing but irrelevant speculation

The simple fact is the club spends the money it earns whether that be from commercial income or player sales - that’s the whole idea of the self sustaining model the club runs too and it won’t change.

As for the rest of sh*te about “loving owners” etc - it’s just irrelevant petty little attempts at insults. Just like dribbling on about the ESL and my thoughts on it.

Maybe you should be known as Mr Irrelevant- damn I broke my rule on ignoring you  :mad:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27788: May 08, 2021 12:47:20 pm
      Never stand up in court, not a chance

It's classic UEFA, make up punishments as they go along

Racist abuse of players: 7,500 Euros

Clubs deciding UEFA are the mafia and forming their own competition: 15 million Euros

It's bollocks

The only reason 9 of the 12 clubs have agreed to pay it is because those clubs are run by cowards who want to show how ever so very very so they are. Gutless.

Good luck to UEFA running a Champions League without Real, Barcelona and Juventus in it. It'll be meaningless. Another asterisked trophy for the Manchester City asterisked trophy cabinet

When was the last time they actually won something which didn't have an asterisk? Fairs Cup was it when I was munching on my Farley's rusks?

It’s not going to go to court - the clubs owners fu**ed up and pay the penalty for that

As for the rest of the drivel - irrelevant
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27789: May 08, 2021 12:52:40 pm

You don’t know what we would or would not have spent if such and such didn’t leave - it’s nothing but irrelevant speculation

The simple fact is the club spends the money it earns whether that be from commercial income or player sales - that’s the whole idea of the self sustaining model the club runs too and it won’t change.

As for the rest of sh*te about “loving owners” etc - it’s just irrelevant petty little attempts at insults. Just like dribbling on about the ESL and my thoughts on it.

Maybe you should be known as Mr Irrelevant- damn I broke my rule on ignoring you  :mad:

I didn’t say they were tight fisted though so why attribute it to me?

Anyway, all I said was you can’t raise one point without raising the counter or it just looks like you have an agenda

You saying look how much we have spent on players without the point being raised on how much we have raised is if anything irrelevant completely because it’s unbalanced

I was just balancing it out, I didn’t call them tight fisted but you suggesting we have spent x amount of millions on transfers suggests we have as much buying power as anyone, if you don’t balance it with what we have raised
      If you balance it with what we have raised then it shows the true picture

Spit your toys all you like. It’s just called a balance picture rather than a weighted one
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27790: May 08, 2021 12:55:16 pm

John Henry is that you?

It sure seems like you. You've been busted
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27791: May 08, 2021 12:58:46 pm
      John Henry is that you?

It sure seems like you. You've been busted
      :mad:

It’s funny how people expect the owners to act any differently to how they said they would run the club and then they don’t act in the way they want them too the toys are thrown from the cot

Yes I’m John Henry and I don’t spend my own personal money on Mbappe just to piss people like you off.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27792: May 08, 2021 01:02:52 pm

Because they don't put a single cent of their own money in.

It's like someone buying you rounds of drinks and you think "nice one" and then at the end of the session they stick it all on their expenses.

Tight-fisted.

Most fans aren't interested in 'neutral' being seen as some sort of Holy Grail. They want the owners to actually stick some of their own cash in over and above the club paying its own way.

I don't actually mind the club paying its own way as long as all the other clubs have to abide by that. That'd be in keeping with the spirit of the game, Ronnie Radford, jumpers for goalposts etc. But since Man City won at CAS everyone can now spend as much as they can lay their hands on. So why should we stick to the club paying its own way, going forwards, with the whole FFP thing totally fu**ed?

Depending on the maths, it may make no business sense to carry on the way we've been going, if it risks losing tens or hundreds of millions of CL money. Yes you've got to draw the line somewhere, it's no good spending 500m a season to chase 100m of CL money, so the accountants have got to strike some sort of balance, but there needs to be some sort of fight put up for CL places, not total capitulation to the we'll-spend-what-we-like clubs.

But if FSG stick to the same strategy as the last 10 years we risk forcing the best manager we've ever had (IMO) to spend the last 3 years of his tenure operating in the same sort of environment as Rafa had to in his last few years, selling our best players and either buying inferior players or taking gambles on the fitness of players of the same quality as we've been used to. I give you: Alonso, Leiva, Aquilani.

With what Klopp's achieved we should be maxing out our credit cards for the next 3 years to see what he can win while the going's good, before we inevitably start to fall away again.

12 months ago a lot us felt we were looking at another LFC golden era. There were fans using the word 'dynasty'. Now it feels more like the onset of the post-Istanbul era all over again.

Who's gonna be the Xabi Alonso...?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27793: May 08, 2021 01:03:25 pm

Off topic I know but so so funny is this.  :lmao:
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27794: May 08, 2021 01:09:07 pm

It’s not going to go to court - the clubs owners fu**ed up and pay the penalty for that

As for the rest of the drivel - irrelevant

It's only not going to court because of 9 owners deciding to grovel to their irate fanbase instead of be arsed taking it to court. What's a million quid to Manchester City's owners. 2% of the cost of one of their four new ÂŁ50m left backs they'll sign this summer.

"Drivel"? Expected better than that from you. Seen you post on other forums and you tend to stand out as one of the better posters.

We can all just post "drivel" at each other and then F**k off and get a brew. Bit pointless having a forum for those sort of exchanges though innit. Might as well talk to the wall.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27795: May 08, 2021 01:09:28 pm
      Because they don't put a single cent of their own money in.

It's like someone buying you rounds of drinks and you think "nice one" and then at the end of the session they stick it all on their expenses.

Tight-fisted.

That’s not being tight fisted - they spent millions buying the club - said how it was going to be run so why expect any different ?

They aren’t like the oil billionaires who are going to spend they personal fortune on buying players

Most fans aren't interested in 'neutral' being seen as some sort of Holy Grail. They want the owners to actually stick some of their own cash in over and above the club paying its own way.

So the fans just want the owners to spend their own money - again why expect something they said they wouldn’t do from the start ?

I don't actually mind the club paying its own way as long as all the other clubs have to abide by that. That'd be in keeping with the spirit of the game, Ronnie Radford, jumpers for goalposts etc. But since Man City won at CAS everyone can now spend as much as they can lay their hands on. So why should we stick to the club paying its own way, going forwards, with the whole FFP thing totally fu**ed?

Depending on the maths, it may make no business sense to carry on the way we've been going, if it risks losing tens or hundreds of millions of CL money. Yes you've got to draw the line somewhere, it's no good spending 500m a season to chase 100m of CL money, so the accountants have got to strike some sort of balance, but there needs to be some sort of fight put up for CL places, not total capitulation to the we'll-spend-what-we-like clubs.

But if FSG stick to the same strategy as the last 10 years we risk forcing the best manager we've ever had (IMO) to spend the last 3 years of his tenure operating in the same sort of environment as Rafa had to in his last few years, selling our best players and either buying inferior players or taking gambles on the fitness of players of the same quality as we've been used to. I give you: Alonso, Leiva, Aquilani.

With what Klopp's achieved we should be maxing out our credit cards for the next 3 years to see what he can win while the going's good, before we inevitably start to fall away again.

12 months ago a lot us felt we were looking at another LFC golden era. There were fans using the word 'dynasty'. Now it feels more like the onset of the post-Istanbul era all over again.

Who's gonna be the Xabi Alonso...?

The club aren’t going to change they way they work just because other clubs are spending their owners own money - we will continue to buy players and the manager will continue to mould them into a team that will challenge for the major trophies.

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27796: May 08, 2021 01:10:44 pm
      Off topic I know but so so funny is this.  :lmao:

Showing our ages  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27797: May 08, 2021 01:12:11 pm
      It's only not going to court because of 9 owners deciding to grovel to their irate fanbase instead of be arsed taking it to court. What's a million quid to Manchester City's owners. 2% of the cost of one of their four new ÂŁ50m left backs they'll sign this summer.

"Drivel"? Expected better than that from you. Seen you post on other forums and you tend to stand out as one of the better posters.

We can all just post "drivel" at each other and then f**k off and get a brew. Bit pointless having a forum for those sort of exchanges though innit. Might as well talk to the wall.

But it’s just ranting and ranting

The owners messed up - they pay the fine into good causes and we move on .

If Juve etc don’t play ball then UEFA will punish them - Juve have already been there once before and it’s about time the likes of Madrid and Barce were taken to count for the financial actions over the past decade or more . The CL will be fine if those three were banned from it for a period of time
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27798: May 08, 2021 01:31:18 pm

The owners messed up - they pay the fine into good causes and we move on .

I said to myself "surely it's not John Henry, you're just over reacting" but then I read this 😂😂

Tell Linda you've been rumbled
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27799: May 08, 2021 01:33:35 pm
      I said to myself "surely it's not John Henry, you're just over reacting" but then I read this 😂😂

Tell Linda you've been rumbled

🤦‍♂️
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27800: May 08, 2021 01:52:04 pm

That’s not being tight fisted - they spent millions buying the club - said how it was going to be run so why expect any different ?

So the fans just want the owners to spend their own money - again why expect something they said they wouldn’t do from the start ?

The club aren’t going to change they way they work just because other clubs are spending their owners own money - we will continue to buy players and the manager will continue to mould them into a team that will challenge for the major trophies.

I don't disagree with the first bit, up until City won in CAS. There was a scenario that FSG invested in and that was FFP. I'm not saying rewrite history and have a go at them for the last 10 years. I've already posted elsewhere that FSG have been shafted by the CAS decision, to the point where I'm not in the slightest bit pissed off about the ESL stuff; FSG were simply looking at adapting to the post-CAS environment, as I'd expect them to do. It is/was 100% business sense. Does that sound fair-minded enough for you?

However, it is absolutely reasonable for the fanbase, post-CAS, to expect FSG to reformulate their business plan going forward; if not ESL then something else. Businesses can't just stick to the same strategy into eternity or they will inevitably die. You don't see many Penny Farthings on the street these days.

What the fanbase can't reasonably expect of FSG is that we moan about things staying the same AND we moan about things changing. We're gonna have to moan about one thing or the other: change, or the status quo. The status quo is gone though, the world has changed already, FSG and LFC are going to have to do something different. Or we'll be a Penny Farthing in a bicycle museum, like Corinthian Casuals.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27801: May 08, 2021 01:55:54 pm

I like posting on rant mode  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

It's cathartic

It made Keith laugh so it was worth it. It's been a sh*te 18 months. Any laugh is a good thing.

I can be non-ranty if I want but my book "Sober reflections of a Liverpool fan whilst drinking camomile tea" sold no copies and only got one review: "fu**ed if I'm reading this, I'm looking for something more edgy".
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #27802: May 08, 2021 02:06:44 pm
      I don't disagree with the first bit, up until City won in CAS. There was a scenario that FSG invested in and that was FFP. I'm not saying rewrite history and have a go at them for the last 10 years. I've already posted elsewhere that FSG have been shafted by the CAS decision, to the point where I'm not in the slightest bit pissed off about the ESL stuff; FSG were simply looking at adapting to the post-CAS environment, as I'd expect them to do. It is/was 100% business sense. Does that sound fair-minded enough for you?

However, it is absolutely reasonable for the fanbase, post-CAS, to expect FSG to reformulate their business plan going forward; if not ESL then something else. Businesses can't just stick to the same strategy into eternity or they will inevitably die. You don't see many Penny Farthings on the street these days.

What the fanbase can't reasonably expect of FSG is that we moan about things staying the same AND we moan about things changing. We're gonna have to moan about one thing or the other: change, or the status quo. The status quo is gone though, the world has changed already, FSG and LFC are going to have to do something different. Or we'll be a Penny Farthing in a bicycle museum, like Corinthian Casuals.

At the end of the day City got away with breaking FFP due to UEFA’s poor processes and  some time constraints

FFP will still be valid and clubs will still have to adhere to it - and we will , the owners don’t have the same expendable wealth as the guys from Middle East - they maybe worth a lot of money it’s investment rich not cash rich

City owners for example use their “interest” on their cash wealth to help pay for City

When it comes to the transfers the club will spend within their means and Look to unearth the likes of Salah and Mane without spending ÂŁ100smil
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27803: May 08, 2021 02:29:49 pm

FFP will still be valid and clubs will still have to adhere to it

When it comes to the transfers the club will spend within their means and Look to unearth the likes of Salah and Mane without spending ÂŁ100smil

Come off it, that's fantasy land saying FFP will work. All it needs is Billy's kebab shop to sponsor City ÂŁ50bn a year and they've got one of their 4 new left back signings for the summer transfer window. The fact that Billy's kebab shop only made 1300 Dirham profit last year might look ever so slightly suspicious but who is gonna try to take City to court again?

Wouldn't be a surprise to see Abramovitch go back to his old ways either, given they're in pole position to kick on now.

I like the ethos behind your posts but it's like a man trying to play a clean game of cards in a bent casino and expecting to win somehow.

Anyway we're clearly not going to agree so time for a brew and out. Been eating mackerel omelettes for 18 months (probably should open the windows) so be nice to get some vitamin D from the sunshine for a change.

Speak again after the 0-1 later on [Steve Moran]  :mad:

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27804: May 08, 2021 03:24:51 pm
      Come off it, that's fantasy land saying FFP will work. All it needs is Billy's kebab shop to sponsor City ÂŁ50bn a year and they've got one of their 4 new left back signings for the summer transfer window.

Hang on a minute! What's wrong with Farley's Rusk sponsoring it. Don't like Kebabs  :f_whistle:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #27805: May 08, 2021 04:54:22 pm

My big unreasonable assumption is that we will never be able to complete if we spend within our means. (Even though Klopp proved otherwise last season).

We need owners who will consistently pump in money for transfers to strengthen the team. My unrealistic wish is for them to put in ÂŁ80-100m of their own money for transfers every year and forever. I'm not concerned where they find the money. If they are unable to do this, they lack ambition and should not own Liverpool football club.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #27806: May 08, 2021 10:54:54 pm
      We need owners who will consistently pump in money for transfers to strengthen the team. My unrealistic wish is for them to put in ÂŁ80-100m of their own money for transfers every year and forever. I'm not concerned where they find the money. If they are unable to do this, they lack ambition and should not own Liverpool football club.

Correct.

If they can't make us competitive then they should sell to someone who can.

It's that simple.

Otherwise we're just a very big cash dispensing machine for FSG to tap their pin number into when they want their annual dividends.

Quick Reply