Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2754154 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27899: May 28, 2021 10:36:18 am
      Anyone that thinks these owners are going to spend their OWN money hasn't been paying attention...they're not.

However, my issue is that they don't spend enough of LFC's money.

I don't know that Roman or the City owners or the Glazers pump their own money in do they? Or if they do they have the good sense to do it in a roundabout way so that they "comply" with FFP to an extent that they are blatantly breeching it?

It's great that we are "self-sufficient" and only spend what we make, etc... but at some point we need to take calculated financial risks if we are going to compete with the teams that can spend much more than us. I see FSG as completely risk averse which is going to make it really tough on us when/if Klopp leaves.

Agree with most of this mate but don't the accounts show that we pretty much have spent all of LFC's money?

Someone with a better grasp of the accounts will let me know I'm sure but I did think that we pretty much invested all of the profits back into the club.

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27900: May 28, 2021 11:58:05 am

:mad:

Stop playing football manager on your pc

Read what’s posted and stop abusing your right to be an idiot

I said what WE NEED not what we'll get.

I'll take that as you don't agree John. You'd rather Konate and we get rid of five players in return.

Thanks for getting him anyway
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27901: May 28, 2021 12:09:23 pm

A loan from who and against what ? From the bank and against the club ? Just like previous owners did - what happens when people then start to complain that repayments for that loan start to take income away from the club that could be used to buy players ?

And we bought 3 back ups in the summer - Kostas , Thiago and Jota

It’s also within FFP rules to use loans and owners money to build up stadium - why do you think they are trying to build up the stadium ? Maybe to increase the level of matchday income into the club which can they be used to purchase players per chance 🤷‍♂️

And “not interested in football” - have an opinion but don’t make up sh*te

Have we not been put to the pinnacle again

In Europe

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1134926866647789569?s=21

In England

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1259898465242492928?s=21

In the World

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1208506731573194754?s=21

Don’t act F***ing soft, we all know FSG loaned the club monies for the bricks and mortar projects to be repaid over a specified period of time, why could the same not be applied to urgent footie requirements!?!
      Reduced to ‘also rans’ this season as a direct result of zero financial input from our owners, owners who are happy with a top four finish that will see the market value of LFC remain stable.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2021 12:21:28 pm by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27902: May 28, 2021 12:16:08 pm
      Reduced to ‘also rans’ this season as a direct result of zero financial input from our owners, owners who are happy with a top four finish that will see the market value of LFC remain stable.

Was it as a direct result of that though?

Or a totally unheard of injury list, fatigue or hangover from three hugely non stop seasons and various Covid issues?

Remember we added a forward to the front line along with one of  Europe's top midfielders last summer. A back up LB as well that many of us were calling for.

Don't recall too many going out apart from players the manager was happy to let go?
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2021 12:21:10 pm by srslfc »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27903: May 28, 2021 12:38:20 pm
      Don’t act f**king soft, we all know FSG loaned the club monies for the bricks and mortar projects to be repaid over a specified period of time, why could the same not be applied to urgent footie requirements!?!

Loans are vastly different in regards giving to clubs due to FFP rules - I’m pretty sure you understand that , if you don’t then maybe you need to do some research

Did the club not spend money in the summer on players to arrive?

And do you really think we became also rans because of the owners not spending - direct result ?! Utter F***ing bollocks , stop making up sh*te

Or is the truth the fact we had unprecedented injuries to the squad including season ending injuries To 3 Cb’s

Do you have something to back up thah the owners are just happy with Top 4 ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27904: May 28, 2021 12:39:08 pm
      I said what WE NEED not what we'll get.

I'll take that as you don't agree John. You'd rather Konate and we get rid of five players in return.

Thanks for getting him anyway

So are you complaining that the club are buying a CB and also looking to remove deadwood ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27905: May 28, 2021 12:40:25 pm

So are you complaining that the club are buying a CB and also looking to remove deadwood ?

Selling players we don't need to buy players we do you mean?

Surely not. Such a new concept in football.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #27906: May 28, 2021 12:46:14 pm
      Was it as a direct result of that though?

Or a totally unheard of injury list, fatigue or hangover from three hugely non stop seasons and various Covid issues?

If the manager was allowed to buy quality back up instead of squad men the injury issue need not have been so catastrophic.
      The loss of VVD was the end of our defence of the championship, our failure to build on the success of last season really caught us out.

Who is to blame for a lack of quality back up ?
      Not the manager whose brilliance has earned us a place in Europe, nobody with any insight into ‘soccer’ would ignore such a weakness in the side’s strength.

That same weakness could see Klopp’s best efforts once again undone on a bigger arena.
      What do FSG care?
      They don’t - more dosh in the coffers from the European qualifiers!
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27907: May 28, 2021 12:47:15 pm

I don't agree with a sell to buy policy no.

I do agree with deadwood removal and replacement but there's usually a big boy thrown in to soften the blow on our pockets
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27908: May 28, 2021 12:50:33 pm
      I don't agree with a sell to buy policy no.

I do agree with deadwood removal and replacement but there's usually a big boy thrown in to soften the blow on our pockets

It’s not a sell to buy policy
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27909: May 28, 2021 12:52:57 pm

If the manager was allowed to buy quality back up instead of squad men the injury issue need not have been so catastrophic.
      The loss of VVD was the end of our defence of the championship, our failure to build on the success of last season really caught us out.

Not the manager whose brilliance has earned us a place in Europe, nobody with any insight into ‘soccer’ would ignore such a weakness in the side’s strength.

That same weakness could see Klopp’s best efforts once again undone on a bigger arena.
      What do FSG care?

We've just signed the player they wanted at CB.

You can't legislate for three first choice CB getting season ending injuries at once.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27910: May 28, 2021 12:55:44 pm

What do FSG care?

1. The manager bought - Jota , Thiago and Kostas in the summer to strengthen the squad

2. When VVD was injured we had - Gomez and Matip , those two also got injured , that’s three top CB’s injured- add in Jota , Mane , Thiago , Henderson , Fabinho and Alisson also getting injured

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27911: May 28, 2021 12:59:46 pm

It certainly has been in the past! Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling all enabled us to spend big. Without these sales I doubt we see VanDijk and Becker here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #27912: May 28, 2021 01:33:22 pm
      It certainly has been in the past! Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling all enabled us to spend big. Without these sales I doubt we see VanDijk and Becker here.

Anyone that thinks we don’t sell to buy is just fooling themselves.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27913: May 28, 2021 01:44:44 pm

That’s not “sell to buy” - how many of those players were sold so that we could buy olayers ?

They were sold because they wanted to leave and we used the funds generated to purchase others
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27914: May 28, 2021 01:45:23 pm
      Anyone that thinks we don’t sell to buy is just fooling themselves.

Can you remind me of anyone we sold so that we could buy someone else ?
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27915: May 28, 2021 01:45:39 pm
      That’s not “sell to buy” - how many of those players were sold so that we could buy olayers ?

They were sold because they wanted to leave and we used the funds generated to purchase others

But we wouldn’t have brought the others without selling them 🤷‍♂️

You’ve been told, you just choose to ignore it
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27916: May 28, 2021 02:35:47 pm

Torres = Suarez & Carrol.

Phil = Ali & Virgil.

Not interested that the players were injury prone or destabilised, they were sold.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27917: May 28, 2021 02:37:50 pm
      Torres = Suarez & Carrol.

Phil = Ali & Virgil.

Not interested that the players were injury prone or destabilised, they were sold.

Neither were sold “just be able to buy” someone else

Torres wanted to leave and was sold

Coutinho wanted to leave and was sold

But neither player was sold by the club just so that we could buy someone else
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27918: May 28, 2021 02:39:23 pm
      But we wouldn’t have brought the others without selling them 🤷‍♂️

You’ve been told, you just choose to ignore it

No one knows exactly what would have happened if someone wasn’t sold etc - it’s all guess work

The club sold players who didn’t want to be at the club - they then used that money to purchases others

That’s not sell to buy policy that’s called self sustaining

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27919: May 28, 2021 02:39:35 pm

But had we not sold them we wouldn't have brought the others
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27920: May 28, 2021 02:39:58 pm
      But had we not sold them we wouldn't have brought the others

How do you know ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27921: May 28, 2021 02:40:12 pm

Just because a player wants to leave doesn’t mean we sell...🙄

Do you really believe had Phil stayed we would have forked out for Ali & Virgil & retain all our players..? Nah don’t think so.

Quick Reply