Trending Topics

Next match: Norwich v LFC [Premier League] Sat 14th Aug @ 3:00 pm
      Carrow Road

Today is the 19th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1708455 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,042 posts | 2596 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28375: Jun 11, 2021 01:58:05 am
      We don’t have the revenues to pay the wages or the promise of success to lure the best players if we aren’t getting to CL finals or challenging in the league.

Which team has the 'promise of success' if they are not challenging? This sentence makes little sense to me. And every top club's revenues are impacted by finishing near the top and going far in the Champions League, so yeah, getting a top manager to help you get there is part of the job. Giving him a fair share of that revenue growth to continue improving his team is also a reasonable way to spend that extra money - for all the obsession about transfer fees, those are impacted by a multitude of factors and, unless you are spending in the billions like Man City, hardly guarantee you much success.

In the 10 years since FSG have been at the club, revenues have increased by 165% and the wage bill by 169%. The club generates more money which in turn is spent in the team - it is a positive cycle and one thing doesn't happen without the other.

And of course we have the revenues to attract players, now - as much as you try to make it sound as if increasing revenues was a ridiculously simple thing to do, our recent history shows it isn't, not quite. If we hadn't increased revenues in the years before 2016 by some 60%, we probably wouldn't even be able to attract a manager like Klopp.

Similarly the fact that we spend more on wages than before or paid out big wage bonuses after winning the CL and league is because he has built a team that has been so successful. This is presented as further evidence of ‘backing’ when it is really a reflection of the manager being phenomenally good at his job.

You said earlier you don't think it's all about one man but this kind of circular thought suggests that maybe you do, in all honesty. Of course a successful team is then going to make more, as all clubs use incentivised contracts these days. It also shows the club's willingness to spend to keep their best players, and that is indeed backing the manager and allowing him to continue his legacy.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 02:21:56 am by Diego LFC »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28376: Jun 11, 2021 07:07:22 am
      No but it is by and large given he is the guy that has the most important input into that process in the same way that he is the most important person when it comes to working with the players and getting them to perform on the pitch.

If Edwards moved to Man Utd with Solskjaer as manager I’m sure their hit rate would improve but they wouldn’t win anything all the same whereas I think if you gave Klopp their £100m a season net but took away Edwards and hired another guru I’m still quite sure he would be winning major trophies.

To tell you how key Edwards is - Mo Salah

During the summer that Mo Salah was bought he wasn’t the player Klopp wanted - Klopp wanted Brandt and it took Edwards to persuade Klopp that it was Salah who would be best suited to the Prem and the way Klopp wanted to play . That should show anyone how important Edwards and his team is within the process
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,095 posts | 2714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28377: Jun 11, 2021 07:28:02 am
      Because they're still dickheads - their involvement in the ESL proves that!!

The issue was not their involvement but for me the issue was it was not on merit. I would have separated from UEFA but based on success not monopoly.

Fenway Sports Group, have said they will pay the fine (European Super League) of £3.3m themselves and not from Liverpool’s budget.

They were advised wrongly and  saw on the money like anyone of us would have done if we were in their place.

They apologised and for me we would be worse without them.

Now pull your cash out!
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 07:33:43 am by clint_call01 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,327 posts | 3463 
      Reply #28378: Jun 11, 2021 10:05:56 am
      Except in the last 20 years, it has posted losses in 11, including in the latest financial results.

If you want to be pedantic, LFC is a going concern with all that implies.
      There have been extraordinary statistics for instance when H&G and their ruinous tenure prevailed but in the main the club is a cast iron investment or as near as imaginable.

That is the only scenario available to FSG fans, present a distorted, worst case example of the club's record in an effort to promote the carpetbaggers.

To those who find the challenge to the FSG bullshit tiresome and boring, it is worth pointing out that while the bullshit is repeated often enough there are those here who are gullible to accept it as the truth.
      Worse still are those with a vested interest promoting such bullshit.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 10:18:34 am by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28379: Jun 11, 2021 10:29:53 am
      If you want to be pedantic, LFC is a going concern with all that implies.
      There have been extraordinary statistics for instance when H&G and their ruinous tenure prevailed but in the main the club is a cast iron investment or as near as imaginable.

That is the only scenario available to FSG fans, present a distorted, worst case example of the club's record in an effort to promote the carpetbaggers.

To those who find the challenge to the FSG bullshit tiresome and boring, it is worth pointing out that while the bullshit is repeated often enough there are those here who are gullible to accept it as the truth.
      Worse still are those with a vested interest promoting such bullshit.

Baffle by bullshit
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,327 posts | 3463 
      Reply #28380: Jun 11, 2021 10:31:53 am
      The issue was not their involvement but for me the issue was it was not on merit. I would have separated from UEFA but based on success not monopoly.

Fenway Sports Group, have said they will pay the fine (European Super League) of £3.3m themselves and not from Liverpool’s budget.

They were advised wrongly and  saw on the money like anyone of us would have done if we were in their place.

They apologised and for me we would be worse without them.

FSG instigated the ESL debacle themselves and the suggestion that they were "advised" on the course of action is more alarming.

Is it the case that FSG who haven't got a f**king clue, are being guided by parties who themselves have no f**king clue?
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 10:38:13 am by stuey »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28381: Jun 11, 2021 10:46:35 am
      FSG instigated the ESL debacle themselves and the suggestion that they were "advised" on the course of action is more alarming.

Is it the case that FSG who haven't got a f**king clue, are being guided by parties who themselves have no f**king clue?

Any owner of the club would have gone into the ESL - just like they did with the Prem and then the CL , because they didn’t want to be left behind ,

If the ESL did start with all the top clubs in it with all the top players in it and our owners didn’t enter then they would no doubt be slated for not entering

Some people still have this deluded fantasy notion about football
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 67 
      Reply #28382: Jun 11, 2021 10:51:30 am
      Any owner of the club would have gone into the ESL - just like they did with the Prem and then the CL , because they didn’t want to be left behind ,

If the ESL did start with all the top clubs in it with all the top players in it and our owners didn’t enter then they would no doubt be slated for not entering

My gosh do you ever not defend them?

Honestly!

Every post is a defense of NESV and anything associated to them. You're constantly here answering anyone that says anything against them.

You've just defended them regarding the ESL. You're talking like they went in kicking and screaming. Didn't want to be left behind.

They were the front runners, with United, for that sh*t show.

Give it a rest. We get it. You love them and want them forever more. Ok great.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28383: Jun 11, 2021 10:54:09 am

Honestly!

Every post is a defense of NESV and anything associated to them. You're constantly here answering anyone that says anything against them.

You've just defended them regarding the ESL. You're talking like they went in kicking and screaming. Didn't want to be left behind.

Are you incapable of seeing any middle ground at all 🤦‍♂️

No one has “defended” them for the ESL

It’s quite clear it was driven by Madrid and Co hence why they are still there battling away for it

Whilst you are here have you found that “long list of players we missed out on when battling with others”
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #28384: Jun 11, 2021 11:04:31 am

PSG, Bayern Munich disagree...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,327 posts | 3463 
      Reply #28385: Jun 11, 2021 11:08:33 am

Honestly!

I should think other FSG supporters are embarrassed with this gimp!
      The one saving grace for him is the improvement to his eyesight while his hands are busy typing this sh*te.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #28386: Jun 11, 2021 11:09:29 am
      Haha :D sure, whatever.

I just find the selective scepticism very amusing. You can always send an email to Ernst & Young, the independent auditors of Liverpool accounts, to let them know of your concerns regarding the veracity of their wage bills. Send them a twitter or reddit link to back it up too.

You learned a new word ‘veracity’ 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Keep using it...& no need to send a twitter or reddit link,I’ll just send them some of your post..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28387: Jun 11, 2021 11:10:44 am

If it had got off the ground they would have both jumped in with two feet there is no doubt about that - the same PSG that pay Neymar nearly £900k a week and the same Munich that need the CL money ( which would have followed the big clubs )

There is no doubt that something will happen in the future , surely we aren’t all niave enough to think that it’s finished with
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28388: Jun 11, 2021 11:12:26 am

The one saving grace for him is the improvement to his eyesight while his hands are busy typing this sh*te.

I’m a Liverpool supporter- that’s all , and been that way for a very long time.

Have you given up your season ticket yet ? Surely someone who has such a high distain for the owners wouldnt ever put money into their pocket 🙄
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 67 
      Reply #28389: Jun 11, 2021 11:14:13 am
      Are you incapable of seeing any middle ground at all 🤦‍♂️

No one has “defended” them for the ESL

It’s quite clear it was driven by Madrid and Co hence why they are still there battling away for it

Whilst you are here have you found that “long list of players we missed out on when battling with others”

Teixeira

Willian

Sanchez

Diego Costa

Memphis Depay

Toni Kroos

Eden Hazard

Gylfi Siggurdson

Mohammed Salah (first time around)

Shall I continue?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #28390: Jun 11, 2021 11:16:58 am
      If it had got off the ground they would have both jumped in with two feet there is no doubt about that - the same PSG that pay Neymar nearly £900k a week and the same Munich that need the CL money ( which would have followed the big clubs )

There is no doubt that something will happen in the future , surely we aren’t all niave enough to think that it’s finished with

So what if PSG can afford to pay Neymar £900k a week & Bayern ain’t skint it’s the 2 crumbling giants in Spain, Juventus that are desperate for the money alongside the top 5 American owned PL teams, pure unadulterated greed...City went along for the status..
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 67 
      Reply #28391: Jun 11, 2021 11:23:21 am

He doesn't stop. He's here 24 hours a day defending them.

Now he's defending their ESL scandal by acting like they reluctantly entered as to not be left behind.

I can't with him.

They refused to back Klopp in January and his answer is "we waited for our man Konate in the summer"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28392: Jun 11, 2021 11:24:05 am
      Teixeira

Willian

Sanchez

Diego Costa

Memphis Depay

Toni Kroos

Eden Hazard

Gylfi Siggurdson

Mohammed Salah (first time around)

Shall I continue?

Teixeira- believe Klopp told the club to not go for him

Did we even bid for Willian

Sanchez we lost out due to location ( he wanted to go to london )

Costa - decided to stay at Atletico instead of leaving

Depay - when did we bid for him ?

Same with Kroos and Hazard - when we’re we bidding for them 🤷‍♂️

Sigurdsson- we were mid table at the time with Spurs in the Top 4

Salah - Chelsea were willing to pay more for him at the time

So out of the list it’s prob just Sanchez maybe

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28393: Jun 11, 2021 11:26:40 am
      So what if PSG can afford to pay Neymar £900k a week & Bayern ain’t skint it’s the 2 crumbling giants in Spain, Juventus that are desperate for the money alongside the top 5 American owned PL teams, pure unadulterated greed...City went along for the status..

You are missing the point

If the ESL went ahead then the money the big clubs attract for the CL would go - so the clubs like Bayern and PSG that need that level of money would follow all the other big clubs. They all need the money to keep them competitive and would all follow the money - that’s the way the modern game unfortunatly has gone
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,212 posts | 3335 
      Reply #28394: Jun 11, 2021 11:27:25 am

That's because they are pretty much nailed on to win their domestic league every year.

I think when talking about the ESL, people would do well to think back to the formation of the Premier League.
      A breakaway league designed to protect the status and earning power of the top few clubs.

Then once they've done that, have a little mull on the Champions League, a competition so skewed, you can gain entry by coming 4th, making the very name of it a joke.

The outcry over the ESL, was driven by the vested interests of UEFA and Premeir League, backed up by a media who also have their snouts in those 2 feeding troughs.

There would have been relegation and promotion to the ESL after the first couple of seasons, and the only real difference is that they explcitly stated founding clubs could not be relegated, rather than the Prem, which ensures that by the back door.

This media driven hysterical knee jerk against it, is hilarious, given how both the CL and PL were formed, but then again, a lot of people seem to love a bandwagon.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28395: Jun 11, 2021 11:27:59 am
      He doesn't stop. He's here 24 hours a day defending them.

Now he's defending their ESL scandal by acting like they reluctantly entered as to not be left behind.

I can't with him.

They refused to back Klopp in January and his answer is "we waited for our man Konate in the summer"

Why don’t you take a breath first before posting and read what’s being posted

No one has defended them for what happened with the ESL - stop making stuff up to try and prove a point

And in January the club brought in two Cb’s
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #28396: Jun 11, 2021 11:31:20 am

You are missing the point

If the ESL went ahead then the money the big clubs attract for the CL would go - so the clubs like Bayern and PSG that need that level of money would follow all the other big clubs. They all need the money to keep them competitive and would all follow the money - that’s the way the modern game unfortunatly has gone

No, the money grabbers were exposed & it’s was FSG the instigators... the modern game is now a billionaires thing, especially those who don’t mind dipping into their oil reserves..
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 67 
      Reply #28397: Jun 11, 2021 11:31:50 am

Teixeira- believe Klopp told the club to not go for him

Did we even bid for Willian

Sanchez we lost out due to location ( he wanted to go to london )

Costa - decided to stay at Atletico instead of leaving

Depay - when did we bid for him ?

Same with Kroos and Hazard - when we’re we bidding for them 🤷‍♂️

Sigurdsson- we were mid table at the time with Spurs in the Top 4

Salah - Chelsea were willing to pay more for him at the time

So out of the list it’s prob just Sanchez maybe

Lmao my whole point was we have a history of other clubs winning the player when more than one party involved.

You've come along and told me reasons why we lost out.

It's simple, we offered a contract and so did other clubs and they won.

Kroos, Stevie called him personally at the request of Brendan.

Hazard, Sir Woy admitted we were in but he chose th Chels.

Depay, came out and said he picked them over us.

Sigurdsson, we lost out to Spurs which proves my point. You can put it however you like.

Diego Costa, he said he rejected us because Jose told him he's coming for him. Proves my point.

Salah, proves my point.

Sanchez, proves my point. If we were United, at the time, you think his mrs could have told him she only wants London?

Teixeira, we were firmly in for him, on my knowledge, and lost out to the Chinese club.

Anyway, I proved my point
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,755 posts | 1043 
      Reply #28398: Jun 11, 2021 11:33:04 am
      No, the money grabbers were exposed & it’s was FSG the instigators... the modern game is now a billionaires thing, especially those who don’t mind dipping into their oil reserves..

So are you suggesting that the ESL was started by FSG ?

Are you really sure - was it not the brain child of Perez

And if one was created that some big clubs wouldn’t join ?!

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,828 posts | 2944 
      Reply #28399: Jun 11, 2021 11:34:49 am

Honestly!

He's right though

Any owner would have been involved in that and if you think otherwise you are being incredibly naïve.

Also they weren't the forerunners, that was Perez and Agnelli, but obviously once this was being mooted no big clubs would have wanted to be left behind.

There are far more terrible ideas and things they have pushed than this i.e ticket prices etc and they do need to learn still to have a better idea of what us fans think but ESL isn't the biggest f**k up they've made as far as I'm concerned.

To be perfectly honest in the cold light of day the idea in theory may not be as terrible as first thought of as long as it's not a closed shop as UEFA aren't the angels many seem to want to portray them to be after the ESL debacle and will likely want to push through something similar themselves.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2021 12:04:39 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply