Once again - you have the choice to not read it

Youā€™re not forced too read anything
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28568: Jun 23, 2021 11:45:42 pm
      Just popping in for a nose, are waldorf and statler still at it ?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #28569: Jun 24, 2021 07:42:04 am
      Once again - you have the choice to not read it

Youā€™re not forced too read anything

Well my two penneth, that is a bit of a odd thing to say because you have to read it to know what is being said. But where you are correct is people do not have to make a comment after reading it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28570: Jun 24, 2021 10:08:43 pm
      Fenway Sports Group thread.

Keep it on topic.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28571: Jun 27, 2021 12:19:15 am
      Well this has been a few pages of reading. I see the forums divided on the owners then.

I think they're doing a steady job.

We've won a Champions League and Premier League with them. That's pretty successful to me.

We can't compete with your oilarch playboy owners. Look at how City can just be linked with Kane and Grealish. That level of spending is impossible to keep up with.

We need to be smart and that's what the owners are.

They should have dealt with the defensive crisis better last season but it looks like they wanted Konate and were willing to wait, which benefits us in the long run
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28572: Jun 27, 2021 10:11:45 am
      Well this has been a few pages of reading. I see the forums divided on the owners then.

I think they're doing a steady job.

We've won a Champions League and Premier League with them. That's pretty successful to me.

We can't compete with your oilarch playboy owners. Look at how City can just be linked with Kane and Grealish. That level of spending is impossible to keep up with.

We need to be smart and that's what the owners are.

They should have dealt with the defensive crisis better last season but it looks like they wanted Konate and were willing to wait, which benefits us in the long run

ā€œSteadyā€ does qualify their tenure here perfectly!
      Plodding along remorselessly with the occasional sprint due to an extraordinary element!
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #28573: Jul 10, 2021 10:29:13 pm
      The big question is though what will another season of no trophies mean this year which is extremely possible looking at the likely investment from Chelsea, City and Utd.

Someone will be held accountable whether its FSG or Klopp unless he can perform another miracle on a fraction of the other clubs budgets.

I just hope when the fans do the inevitable and blame someone for our lack of success they look at the budget of the team that we lose out to understand the problem and blame the right people.

And as absentee owners I hope the same fans that are so quick to attribute our success to FSG are as quick to attribute our decline to them also. Only then will the fanbase be united when it comes to FSG.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28574: Jul 11, 2021 09:32:28 am
      The big question is though what will another season of no trophies mean this year which is extremely possible looking at the likely investment from Chelsea, City and Utd.

Someone will be held accountable whether its FSG or Klopp unless he can perform another miracle on a fraction of the other clubs budgets.

I just hope when the fans do the inevitable and blame someone for our lack of success they look at the budget of the team that we lose out to understand the problem and blame the right people.

And as absentee owners I hope the same fans that are so quick to attribute our success to FSG are as quick to attribute our decline to them also. Only then will the fanbase be united when it comes to FSG.

😂😂 welcome back Corballys brother 😂😂

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28575: Jul 11, 2021 01:29:59 pm

😂😂 welcome back Corballys brother 😂😂

:f_bluelight: :f_bluelight: FSG police turns upā€¦ so predictableā€¦. :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28576: Jul 11, 2021 02:02:30 pm

Well happy Sunday Mr Doom and f***in Gloom, sounds like you are writing us off already, what because Mutants, Chavs & City have more dollar than we have, get real fella they always will have, but get this, we donā€™t need to spend as big as those clubs to achieve our success,

Havenā€™t we proven that already? In case you have forgotten City got a easier ride last season because we werenā€™t close enough to pressure them, no one was for that matter, itā€™s true that Chavs have taken massive strides under Tuchel and weā€™d be foolish if we didnā€™t consider them as serious contenders, City are City and of course will be up there too irrespective of who they sign, Mutants might be better too but are still behind us in my opinion,

If you donā€™t believe we will be in amongst it then more fool you, weā€™ll have Virgil back, weā€™ll have Joe back too, we have our new CB in Konate, who I believe will be a perfect fit next to Virgil, Joe & Joel will be third & fourth IMO but by no means any less,

We will have our fantastic skipper back where he belongs, in the engine room with one of the best DMā€™s on the planet in Fabinho, Thiago adds class, creativity, guile and his buffet balls will have Messers, Salah,Mane, Firmino & Jota drooling,

Wee Harvey Elliot brings with him excitement, pace, and a fearless will to win, Curtis Jones will come into his own and we will see him thrive, we all await a new face to wear Giniā€™s boots, hopefully Tielimens, more likely Neuhaus, but either will grace our squad,

Make absolutely no mistake, we will be right up there, Pep knows it, Tuchel will know it, forget the rest, this is a three horse race, golly Ole will flatter once again, Brendan the same, Nuno has too much on his plate to be even considered, and Rafa will adopt a small club mentality for obvious reasons,

We finished third last season in a season blighted by injuries, we finished third with a makeshift back line using 19 different combinations, we finished third by having to use two thirds of our engine room as a makeshift  defence for the most part and a couple of rookies latterly,

City can buy the likes of Kane & Grealish or whoever, but will they all fit in, will they all gel, will they all play as one, like a well oiled machine like what we are, do they have those who when asked run through brick walls, Iā€™d argue not, Grealish spends more time eating grass than your average bovine, Kane has glass ankles and subject to lengthy spells conversing with physios,

Chavs are more of a worry for me, the confidence flowing after their CL exploits is a concern, but consistency could be their downfall, so who wins this race, City will obviously be favourites, Chavs a worry, but, even with my red specs off, I take us to win No20, hit the ground running and we will be hard to stop.

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28577: Jul 11, 2021 02:15:34 pm
        :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight: FSG police turns upā€¦ so predictableā€¦. :f_bluelight: :f_bluelight:

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļøFSG police 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Imagine putting labels on people based on their opinion 🙄🙄
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28578: Jul 11, 2021 05:51:03 pm

Only then? Actually the fanbase would also be united if everyone decided to attribute our success to FSG as much as they are willing to attribute our shortcomings to them. Works both ways doesn't it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28579: Jul 12, 2021 11:21:14 am

Well happy Sunday Mr Doom and f***in Gloom, sounds like you are writing us off already, what because Mutants, Chavs & City have more dollar than we have, get real fella they always will have, but get this, we donā€™t need to spend as big as those clubs to achieve our success,

Havenā€™t we proven that already? In case you have forgotten City got a easier ride last season because we werenā€™t close enough to pressure them, no one was for that matter, itā€™s true that Chavs have taken massive strides under Tuchel and weā€™d be foolish if we didnā€™t consider them as serious contenders, City are City and of course will be up there too irrespective of who they sign, Mutants might be better too but are still behind us in my opinion,

If you donā€™t believe we will be in amongst it then more fool you, weā€™ll have Virgil back, weā€™ll have Joe back too, we have our new CB in Konate, who I believe will be a perfect fit next to Virgil, Joe & Joel will be third & fourth IMO but by no means any less,

We will have our fantastic skipper back where he belongs, in the engine room with one of the best DMā€™s on the planet in Fabinho, Thiago adds class, creativity, guile and his buffet balls will have Messers, Salah,Mane, Firmino & Jota drooling,

Wee Harvey Elliot brings with him excitement, pace, and a fearless will to win, Curtis Jones will come into his own and we will see him thrive, we all await a new face to wear Giniā€™s boots, hopefully Tielimens, more likely Neuhaus, but either will grace our squad,

Make absolutely no mistake, we will be right up there, Pep knows it, Tuchel will know it, forget the rest, this is a three horse race, golly Ole will flatter once again, Brendan the same, Nuno has too much on his plate to be even considered, and Rafa will adopt a small club mentality for obvious reasons,

We finished third last season in a season blighted by injuries, we finished third with a makeshift back line using 19 different combinations, we finished third by having to use two thirds of our engine room as a makeshift  defence for the most part and a couple of rookies latterly,

City can buy the likes of Kane & Grealish or whoever, but will they all fit in, will they all gel, will they all play as one, like a well oiled machine like what we are, do they have those who when asked run through brick walls, Iā€™d argue not, Grealish spends more time eating grass than your average bovine, Kane has glass ankles and subject to lengthy spells conversing with physios,

Chavs are more of a worry for me, the confidence flowing after their CL exploits is a concern, but consistency could be their downfall, so who wins this race, City will obviously be favourites, Chavs a worry, but, even with my red specs off, I take us to win No20, hit the ground running and we will be hard to stop.

Y  N  W  A

agreed.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28580: Jul 14, 2021 12:34:39 pm
      I decided a while ago that this summer will make up my mind regarding fsg.

We need our spine strengthened and Konate is the first of three. I'm now waiting to see what they do about Gini and a Bobby replacement. Yes, I think the fabulous three have run their course and Bobby is the first to be demoted.

They acted fast on the cb (or extremely late if you're counting from January) but whilst there's been a few whispers about a Gini replacement there's been absolutely nothing about a striker and that's scary. Mane and Bobby looked shot to pieces last season and I wouldn't want to go in to the new season with both them two being carried by Mo again. That won't win us the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #28581: Jul 14, 2021 03:05:21 pm

People ignore reality as a way of justifying arrogant and nonsensical comment about owners who have no commitment or long term interest in LFC.

FSG kept their hands in their pockets pre-Klopp and have continued to do so during his tenure, Kloppā€™s football genius and some amazing luck with injuries won us the title last season.

Not even the managerā€™s genius could do anything about the loss of key players this season, a failure to strengthen on our success last season bit us on the arse.
      Financial priorities over football necessities bite arse as well.

It is to JĆ¼rgenā€™s credit that he is still here faced with forces that make his job harder.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28582: Jul 14, 2021 04:12:54 pm
      I decided a while ago that this summer will make up my mind regarding fsg.

We need our spine strengthened and Konate is the first of three. I'm now waiting to see what they do about Gini and a Bobby replacement. Yes, I think the fabulous three have run their course and Bobby is the first to be demoted.

They acted fast on the cb (or extremely late if you're counting from January) but whilst there's been a few whispers about a Gini replacement there's been absolutely nothing about a striker and that's scary. Mane and Bobby looked shot to pieces last season and I wouldn't want to go in to the new season with both them two being carried by Mo again. That won't win us the league.

So you didnā€™t make your mind up when we were winning trophies - CL and Premier League ?

Are you just concerned about the players that arrive as opposed to trophies that we win

So if players donā€™t arrive to replace Bobby what will you do then ?

What is the key factors to your decisions and then what will your actions be ? Will you join those ā€œFSG Outersā€ - the type that say F**k all when we win but canā€™t stop dribbling the same sh*te during the transfer window or when results donā€™t go well

The same sort that blame losing 5 CBS to injury on not buying a 6th ?

The same sort that think everything we do well is down to Klopp and when itā€™s not going well the blame is with the owners

The same sort that constantly go on about the owners not spending their own money ( despite the clubs money being theirs )
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28583: Jul 14, 2021 04:27:00 pm
      The same sort that think everything we do well is down to Klopp and when itā€™s not going well the blame is with the owners

The same sort that constantly go on about the owners not spending their own money ( despite the clubs money being theirs )

Epic. Sums up the many posts and arguments prior to this. Emotion and objectively does play a part in where we stand over these anchor themes. To each his own.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28584: Jul 14, 2021 04:27:17 pm

So you didnā€™t make your mind up when we were winning trophies - CL and Premier League ?

Are you just concerned about the players that arrive as opposed to trophies that we win

So if players donā€™t arrive to replace Bobby what will you do then ?

What is the key factors to your decisions and then what will your actions be ? Will you join those ā€œFSG Outersā€ - the type that say f**k all when we win but canā€™t stop dribbling the same sh*te during the transfer window or when results donā€™t go well

The same sort that blame losing 5 CBS to injury on not buying a 6th ?

You seem a tad bit concerned about my opinion. Calm down mate you don't work for fsg.

I've said, in my previous posts, that I've backed them when others have spoken bad. I said that we've won two major trophies under these lot so I'm not saying a bad word yet.

This year is a new year, incase you missed that bit, and our medal cabinet won't win us anything. I started to have doubts over them when they didn't back Klopp until the last day of the window and brought in two pointless cb's.  This raised question marks for me.

I back them whilst having my doubts but will wait until the end of this window to either give them my 100% or retract what backing I have left for them. You sound like you want me to get fsg 1 on the back of my top and a red sox cap
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28585: Jul 14, 2021 04:50:40 pm
      You seem a tad bit concerned about my opinion. Calm down mate you don't work for fsg.

I've said, in my previous posts, that I've backed them when others have spoken bad. I said that we've won two major trophies under these lot so I'm not saying a bad word yet.

This year is a new year, incase you missed that bit, and our medal cabinet won't win us anything. I started to have doubts over them when they didn't back Klopp until the last day of the window and brought in two pointless cb's.  This raised question marks for me.

I back them whilst having my doubts but will wait until the end of this window to either give them my 100% or retract what backing I have left for them. You sound like you want me to get fsg 1 on the back of my top and a red sox cap

You post like someone who used to be on here - interesting 🤔

Like I said - if you donā€™t back them what are you going to do ? Stop buying merchandise ? Stop going to games ?

ā€œRetract backingā€ 😂😂 - do you see how pathetic that is - Iā€™ll back them if they spend money on players that I want to see but if they donā€™t ā€œthatā€™s my backing goneā€ 😂😂
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28586: Jul 14, 2021 06:39:39 pm

You post like someone who used to be on here - interesting 🤔

Like I said - if you donā€™t back them what are you going to do ? Stop buying merchandise ? Stop going to games ?

ā€œRetract backingā€ 😂😂 - do you see how pathetic that is - Iā€™ll back them if they spend money on players that I want to see but if they donā€™t ā€œthatā€™s my backing goneā€ 😂😂

You're the second person to say that now. It's annoying. I've never been a member of this forum nor have I ever spoken to you.

It's not players I "want" but players I think we need. I want Messi, De Bruyne and Haaland. I'll settle for Konate, Tilesman and Jimanez
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #28587: Jul 14, 2021 07:02:33 pm
      You're the second person to say that now. It's annoying. I've never been a member of this forum nor have I ever spoken to you.

It's not players I "want" but players I think we need. I want Messi, De Bruyne and Haaland. I'll settle for Konate, Tilesman and Jimanez

What if Klopp doesnā€™t want those players that you will ā€œsettleā€ for ?

I guess you play football games

So what will you do if the signings you think are needed donā€™t arrive
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28588: Jul 14, 2021 07:56:05 pm

What if Klopp doesnā€™t want those players that you will ā€œsettleā€ for ?

I guess you play football games

So what will you do if the signings you think are needed donā€™t arrive

I think we need those three positions filled. The players I mentioned were examples of what I'd settle for.  I've seen yoi arguing for pages upon pages so let's agree to talk the moment the window shuts

Quick Reply