Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764147 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28589: Jul 14, 2021 08:39:29 pm
      We could do with a bit more money. Not massive amounts obviously but just a bit more at times to buy suitable back up and deepen the pool of quality within the squad.

We shouldn't really have to think about trading off between signing a slightly worse midfielder in order to sign a better forward or vice versa. I just want us to arrive at the point where we can look at our bench and think 'f*ck me, we've got some options'. Not Origi, Shaqiri and the Japanese fella (decent players though they are).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,927 posts | 3401 
      Reply #28590: Jul 14, 2021 09:14:55 pm
      We could do with a bit more money. Not massive amounts obviously but just a bit more at times to buy suitable back up and deepen the pool of quality within the squad.

We shouldn't really have to think about trading off between signing a slightly worse midfielder in order to sign a better forward or vice versa. I just want us to arrive at the point where we can look at our bench and think 'f*ck me, we've got some options'. Not Origi, Shaqiri and the Japanese fella (decent players though they are).

We would have had more money if we didnā€™t lose nearly Ā£100mil on commercial income and matchday revenues

Where do people expect the money to come from though - itā€™s the model the club works too and it works.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #28591: Jul 14, 2021 09:39:12 pm
      We would have had more money if we didnā€™t lose nearly Ā£100mil on commercial income and matchday revenues

Where do people expect the money to come from though - itā€™s the model the club works too and it works.

F *ck me, didn't take you long did it? Who'd have predicted that? Give yourself time to polish your boots next time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe total revenue was down Ā£43m due to the pandemic. I suppose where the money should come from under the circumstances depends on how you view the responsibilities of an owner.

Our billionaire owners could view it as a valuable investment in the team. I think you can still take a degree of risk on without behaving recklessly, especially bearing in mind the value of the asset you own has skyrocketed and offsets that risk many times over.

From my point of view, when you are on top you should seek to consolidate and make the absolute most of your situation because it's easier to maintain success from a position of strength. It can also pay off financially.

We are lucky to have JĆ¼rgen as our manager and time spent not winning trophies like the season just gone is a big f*cking missed opportunity in my book. I do believe we will be back next season but we could do ourselves a big favour by allowing the manager to strengthen just a bit more so we're not quite so susceptible to injuries, fatigue, temporary loss of form etc.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28592: Jul 14, 2021 10:11:50 pm
      You're the second person to say that now. It's annoying. I've never been a member of this forum nor have I ever spoken to you.

It's not players I "want" but players I think we need. I want Messi, De Bruyne and Haaland. I'll settle for Konate, Tilesman and Jimanez

Here's the thing though, what you think we need counts for the square root of F**k all.

It's what Klopp thinks we need that counts, and none of us know what he wants.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,927 posts | 3401 
      Reply #28593: Jul 14, 2021 10:20:25 pm
      F *ck me, didn't take you long did it? Who'd have predicted that? Give yourself time to polish your boots next time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe total revenue was down Ā£43m due to the pandemic. I suppose where the money should come from under the circumstances depends on how you view the responsibilities of an owner.

Our billionaire owners could view it as a valuable investment in the team. I think you can still take a degree of risk on without behaving recklessly, especially bearing in mind the value of the asset you own has skyrocketed and offsets that risk many times over.

From my point of view, when you are on top you should seek to consolidate and make the absolute most of your situation because it's easier to maintain success from a position of strength. It can also pay off financially.

We are lucky to have JĆ¼rgen as our manager and time spent not winning trophies like the season just gone is a big f*cking missed opportunity in my book. I do believe we will be back next season but we could do ourselves a big favour by allowing the manager to strengthen just a bit more so we're not quite so susceptible to injuries, fatigue, temporary loss of form etc.

How about just respond to an opinion in a respectful manner 🙄

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12288272/liverpool-report-pre-tax-loss-of-46m-due-to-impact-of-coronavirus-pandemic

Total losses for the end of the pandemic going to approach Ā£120mil

So yes the owners could speculate- maybe loans against the club to be spent ? And then those loans get paid back by club profits - so eat into future money now

They arenā€™t cash rich as owners more asset rich - itā€™s also not one person that owners the company that owns the club , so no dipping into pockets of single men

Or how about the club continue doing what has put the club back on top again 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Itā€™s worked , Iā€™m not sure what team could have suffered the level of injuries throughout the team and still competed

The manager has strengthened already and no doubt as with each season go in with the squad he believes is good enough.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28594: Jul 15, 2021 03:50:06 am
      Here's the thing though, what you think we need counts for the square root of f**k all.

It's what Klopp thinks we need that counts, and none of us know what he wants.

So on that logic why tf are we even discussing anything transfer related since none of us know what Klopp wants so it all means f**k all.

Right that's it everyone stop giving your two pence on who you'd like to see at our club. You're not Klopp so you're not entitled to an opinion.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #28595: Jul 15, 2021 08:17:47 pm

How about just respond to an opinion in a respectful manner 🙄

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12288272/liverpool-report-pre-tax-loss-of-46m-due-to-impact-of-coronavirus-pandemic

Total losses for the end of the pandemic going to approach Ā£120mil

So yes the owners could speculate- maybe loans against the club to be spent ? And then those loans get paid back by club profits - so eat into future money now

They arenā€™t cash rich as owners more asset rich - itā€™s also not one person that owners the company that owns the club , so no dipping into pockets of single men

Or how about the club continue doing what has put the club back on top again 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Itā€™s worked , Iā€™m not sure what team could have suffered the level of injuries throughout the team and still competed

The manager has strengthened already and no doubt as with each season go in with the squad he believes is good enough.

A bit more investment whilst we're on top would have helped insulate us against the circumstances of last season. FSG is a multibillion pound operation whose main shareholder is a multibillionaire himself. There was also that cash injection from Redbird of Ā£533m. I don't believe that amongst all that wealth the money isn't there that would help put us in a situation where our squad depth is more than a fraction of what City can call upon. It's just the owners are much more risk averse than I think is justified.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,927 posts | 3401 
      Reply #28596: Jul 15, 2021 08:50:26 pm
      A bit more investment whilst we're on top would have helped insulate us against the circumstances of last season. FSG is a multibillion pound operation whose main shareholder is a multibillionaire himself. There was also that cash injection from Redbird of Ā£533m. I don't believe that amongst all that wealth the money isn't there that would help put us in a situation where our squad depth is more than a fraction of what City can call upon. It's just the owners are much more risk averse than I think is justified.

The ā€œcash injectionā€ was buying a part of the whole FSG company and including all the assets - a good part of the clubs bit is going to help continue to build the stadium up to allow the club to generate further money themselves

For money to be given outside the clubs finances would mean taking loans out against the club or increase the credit line - the same method that Man Utd. Those loans at some point need paying back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28597: Jul 15, 2021 11:04:15 pm
      So on that logic why tf are we even discussing anything transfer related since none of us know what Klopp wants so it all means f**k all.

Right that's it everyone stop giving your two pence on who you'd like to see at our club. You're not Klopp so you're not entitled to an opinion.

I wouldn't say everyone should stop sharing their opinions about club policy on here.

Just you.

Another WUM for the ignore list.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #28598: Jul 15, 2021 11:51:00 pm

The ā€œcash injectionā€ was buying a part of the whole FSG company and including all the assets - a good part of the clubs bit is going to help continue to build the stadium up to allow the club to generate further money themselves

For money to be given outside the clubs finances would mean taking loans out against the club or increase the credit line - the same method that Man Utd. Those loans at some point need paying back.

There is surely a place for investment by the owners themselves as a way of ensuring we maintain our high standards. Capitalise whilst we are lucky enough to have a world class manager and a world class core of players. It took us long enough to get there. What better time to invest? 

I don't think anyone would expect us to go all guns blazing in the transfer market spunking money up the wall but adding just a bit more depth in the areas which might have helped avert our derailment last season and that would give us some serious attacking options off the bench would help give us a bit of a buffer and less worry about having the first XI always fit and firing.

For sure we will be back to our best soon but at the same time you've got to look at the competition and the next few years as well with a view to sustaining it and I want JĆ¼rgen to have a squad that can compete on all fronts consistently without any nasty surprises.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,927 posts | 3401 
      Reply #28599: Jul 16, 2021 08:59:41 am
      There is surely a place for investment by the owners themselves as a way of ensuring we maintain our high standards. Capitalise whilst we are lucky enough to have a world class manager and a world class core of players. It took us long enough to get there. What better time to invest? 

I don't think anyone would expect us to go all guns blazing in the transfer market spunking money up the wall but adding just a bit more depth in the areas which might have helped avert our derailment last season and that would give us some serious attacking options off the bench would help give us a bit of a buffer and less worry about having the first XI always fit and firing.

For sure we will be back to our best soon but at the same time you've got to look at the competition and the next few years as well with a view to sustaining it and I want JĆ¼rgen to have a squad that can compete on all fronts consistently without any nasty surprises.

They are investing in the club - the club are currently building a new stand to allow more commercial income into the club to allow more money to be spent on players - is that not ā€œinvestmentā€ and actually a more sensible long term investment

People canā€™t see investment past the players

You donā€™t want us to go mad in the transfer market but want a squad to compete on all fronts consistently- how many teams have that level of squad - Man City , how are they able to do that , by spending more money than anyone ever has

Doesnā€™t matter what we could have bought last summer it wouldnā€™t have been able to avert the issues of losing so many players

Itā€™s not going to happen - the owners are doing exactly what they said they would, the manager has no issues , the club consistently bring players in , the squad evolves.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28600: Jul 16, 2021 10:32:07 am

What was it you said?

I decided a while ago that this summer will make up my mind regarding fsg.

We need our spine strengthened and Konate is the first of three. I'm now waiting to see what they do about Gini and a Bobby replacement. Yes, I think the fabulous three have run their course and Bobby is the first to be demoted.

They acted fast on the cb (or extremely late if you're counting from January) but whilst there's been a few whispers about a Gini replacement there's been absolutely nothing about a striker and that's scary. Mane and Bobby looked shot to pieces last season and I wouldn't want to go in to the new season with both them two being carried by Mo again. That won't win us the league.

and

I think we need those three positions filled. The players I mentioned were examples of what I'd settle for.  I've seen yoi arguing for pages upon pages so let's agree to talk the moment the window shuts

See, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but that's not what's being posted here.

You're saying what Klopp has to do (or FSG, or Edwards, etc) to make you happy.

You're saying that what Klopp says about Firmino is irrelevant to you, because what you think matters more.

Bit arrogant.

Bit entitled.

Bit like a spoiled child pointing at stuff going "I want, I want, I want".

So feel free to post whatever you like, and I'll feel free to point out that what you want doesn't matter.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28601: Jul 16, 2021 11:53:49 am
      What was it you said?

and

See, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but that's not what's being posted here.

You're saying what Klopp has to do (or FSG, or Edwards, etc) to make you happy.

You're saying that what Klopp says about Firmino is irrelevant to you, because what you think matters more.

Bit arrogant.

Bit entitled.

Bit like a spoiled child pointing at stuff going "I want, I want, I want".

So feel free to post whatever you like, and I'll feel free to point out that what you want doesn't matter.

I'm not going to argue with you all day so this will be my one and only post to you.

I said what we need from the standing point of a fan. I'm not in the dugout weekly and I'm fully aware of that. When you sit in the pub you'll hear many people saying the likes of "we need another striker" or "we need to strengthen defence". That's not people thinking they know better than Klopp but people having an opinion on what they think we need.

I think sticking with Bobby is a mistake. If he proves me wrong I'm the winner. I'll have the striker I wanted but we didn't need to go and buy a new one. If he proves me right I'm the loser because our main striker is performing sh*t.

If we don't replace the three positions I mentioned I'll be annoyed. My annoyance will be towards the owners. JĆ¼rgen clearly wants to strengthen that position or he wouldn't have buttered up Werner. He wouldn't have gone public about Sancho. So it's not about JĆ¼rgen and all about the owners, which I thought I made clear in my previous posts.

Disclaimer....

I do not think I am JĆ¼rgen Klopp. I do not think I know better than JĆ¼rgen Klopp. I merely post my unqalified opinions, like the rest of you. Please do not take my posts as literal and start building your fm teams off the back of my recommendations.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #28602: Jul 16, 2021 11:55:48 am
      I'm not going to argue with you all day so this will be my one and only post to you.

I said what we need from the standing point of a fan. I'm not in the dugout weekly and I'm fully aware of that. When you sit in the pub you'll hear many people saying the likes of "we need another striker" or "we need to strengthen defence". That's not people thinking they know better than Klopp but people having an opinion on what they think we need.

I think sticking with Bobby is a mistake. If he proves me wrong I'm the winner. I'll have the striker I wanted but we didn't need to go and buy a new one. If he proves me right I'm the loser because our main striker is performing sh*t.

If we don't replace the three positions I mentioned I'll be annoyed. My annoyance will be towards the owners. JĆ¼rgen clearly wants to strengthen that position or he wouldn't have buttered up Werner. He wouldn't have gone public about Sancho. So it's not about JĆ¼rgen and all about the owners, which I thought I made clear in my previous posts.

Disclaimer....

I do not think I am JĆ¼rgen Klopp. I do not think I know better than JĆ¼rgen Klopp. I merely post my unqalified opinions, like the rest of you. Please do not take my posts as literal and start building your fm teams off the back of my recommendations.

I don't think we need Bobby to make that determination fella.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28603: Jul 16, 2021 01:04:24 pm

Disclaimer....

Fella, you don't even know what Firmino does, so the chances of him "proving you wrong" (like it matters) are zero.

You seem to think (as I said before) that he's an old fashioned centre forward.
      He's not.

Once you grasp that, maybe you'll understand why Klopp and a lot of fans, value him so much, and why the idea of replacing him, when he knits the team together so well, is nonsense.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #28604: Jul 16, 2021 01:19:47 pm
      Not that old chestnut he knits the team together bloody hell

What next Gini does things no one can see 😂😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28605: Jul 16, 2021 02:03:08 pm

Disclaimer....

I don'r have to go the alehouse to be told we need a quality striker/midfielder/defender, our abject failure to successfully defend our title after last season was due in no small part to the owner's failure in acquiring one or more of the players indicated.

A failure to build on success has also punished us this season.

All economic failings, a situation that has prevailed since NESV acquired the club for Ā£300m twelve years ago, it is reported that an offer of Ā£3bn was rejected earlier this year.

How much F***ing money do they want on the back of Klopp and LFC??
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2021 02:54:22 pm by stuey »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28606: Jul 16, 2021 02:41:28 pm
      Fella, you don't even know what Firmino does, so the chances of him "proving you wrong" (like it matters) are zero.

You seem to think (as I said before) that he's an old fashioned centre forward.
      He's not.

Once you grasp that, maybe you'll understand why Klopp and a lot of fans, value him so much, and why the idea of replacing him, when he knits the team together so well, is nonsense.

Go back to my previous post regarding the type of forward I want. I clearly stated I don't want or expect an old fashioned 9. Bobby is not the only player in the world that can play a flase 9 and press. I want us to go and buy the old Bobby. I am of the opinion that Bobbys best days are gone due to his gradual decline year on year.

Like I said to someone else, read my posts properly before coming for me to make yourself look clever. This is one message more than what I wanted to send. I'm done now.

Talks of a Griezmann and Saul swap. That'll kill that transfer for us. I like Tielsman a lot. He's always held his own against other midfields.

For me, if they really want to say to the rest of the prem "listen you cu*ts we had a year off but we're back and you need to get your nappies on now" they should go sign Milinkovic-Savic. That's the man that'll get us purring in the middle.

A signing like that will get some skeptical fans, like myself, over the the fsg fan line
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2021 03:23:50 pm by Salah10 »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28607: Jul 16, 2021 02:46:19 pm
      I don't think we need Bobby to make that determination fella.

Who the hell are you and why are you getting involved? 😂

Just leave it will ya the sun's out. Let's get off each others back and enjoy the five days of sun we get yearly
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28608: Jul 16, 2021 04:11:02 pm
      Bobby isn't done, Salah, isn't done,  Sadio isn't done,  Diogo isn't done, these are our 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, anyone who thinks otherwise are DONE,

WHY....because JĆ¼rgen believes in them, he believes they together with the rest of the squad and the new guys will carry us to another title....our 20th....id JĆ¼rgen believes it then we all should....so lets get behind our players our manager and give them the support they will need.

YNWA
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28609: Jul 16, 2021 04:25:57 pm
      Bobby isn't done, Salah, isn't done,  Sadio isn't done,  Diogo isn't done, these are our 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, anyone who thinks otherwise are DONE,

WHY....because JĆ¼rgen believes in them, he believes they together with the rest of the squad and the new guys will carry us to another title....our 20th....id JĆ¼rgen believes it then we all should....so lets get behind our players our manager and give them the support they will need.

YNWA

JĆ¼rgen wanted Werner and he wanted Sancho.

The moment the window shuts I'll put my full support behind Bobby whether he's done or not.  Right now I want to see a replacement.

Either way it's YNWA and let's win it all. We had a bad bad season and we need this one!! Come on boys!!!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28610: Jul 16, 2021 04:27:07 pm
      Go back to my previous post regarding the type of forward I want. I clearly stated I don't want or expect an old fashioned 9. Bobby is not the only player in the world that can play a flase 9 and press. I want us to go and buy the old Bobby. I am of the opinion that Bobbys best days are gone due to his gradual decline year on year.

Like I said to someone else, read my posts properly before coming for me to make yourself look clever. This is one message more than what I wanted to send. I'm done now.

Talks of a Griezmann and Saul swap. That'll kill that transfer for us. I like Tielsman a lot. He's always held his own against other midfields.

For me, if they really want to say to the rest of the prem "listen you cu*ts we had a year off but we're back and you need to get your nappies on now" they should go sign Milinkovic-Savic. That's the man that'll get us purring in the middle.

A signing like that will get some skeptical fans, like myself, over the the fsg fan line

:lmao:

What a load of bollocks.

Good job you're not in charge is all I can say.

And yes, I have seen your previous posts, and it's clear you don't have a clue what you're on about.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28611: Jul 16, 2021 04:30:43 pm

YNWA

Firmino is 29, and has a few years left in him.

Some have been saying "he's finished" for the last 3 years.

Klopp disagrees.

Quick Reply