Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756059 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28704: Aug 10, 2021 08:06:38 am

I don’t believe anyone has suggested they are 🤷‍♂️

So then you don't need a list of other well run clubs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #28705: Aug 10, 2021 08:12:13 am
      So then you don't need a list of other well run clubs

You said well run clubs that “spend more”

But i suspect there is a lot of back peddling
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #28706: Aug 10, 2021 10:12:48 am

Yes. Me arguement against you is according to me agenda. Barca was a bloody well run club. They had the best players and were winning things. Till now. Me agenda is against FSG and therefore Barca is no longer a well run club after losing Leo and to financial problems.

Catch me if you can. Argue away. I'll evade you. I'll say whatever I like. Even if I'm embarrassed and look stupid. I'll do everything I can to make FSG out as stupid. Me personal agenda. It's got nothing to do with anything or anyone. I think this post will be deleted...some people are like this aren't they?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28707: Aug 10, 2021 01:22:17 pm

Since we're being stupid and acting like there's no other well run clubs in the world that spend more:

Bayern
      Dortmund
      Aston Villa
      Arsenal (although they've lacked to identify the right signings which fsg also went through as they transitioned through managers).

That's four straight off the bat without thinking too hard. These clubs spend money on their teams to become more successful. We're a sell to buy club.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28708: Aug 10, 2021 01:41:54 pm
      Also, all these years we've been told "we can only spend so much because we want to keep the club self sustaining so when the rainy day comes we're in a better position than most clubs.

A tsunami comes (covid) and we're being told "can't spend no money because it's a rainy day"

Wasn't our previous lack of transfer activity and team investment, other than purchases generated from sales, meant to get us in a position now where we can finally outspend the rest because "look how careful we were before so now we're in such a powerful position over the rest"?

Genuine question btw
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #28709: Aug 10, 2021 01:55:06 pm
      Since we're being stupid and acting like there's no other well run clubs in the world that spend more:

Bayern
      Dortmund
      Aston Villa
      Arsenal (although they've lacked to identify the right signings which fsg also went through as they transitioned through managers).

That's four straight off the bat without thinking too hard. These clubs spend money on their teams to become more successful. We're a sell to buy club.

Villa have just sold their best player to help finances their player purchases - they have also spent less than us over the past 5 years - and won nothing

Arsenal ? Seriously - you think they are run well ?!

Dortmund- another club that also sell their best players over the years but do you believe they spend more than us 🤷‍♂️ And they have won what over the last 5 years ?

And Bayern - work to a different finance model with multiple investors including Audi as well as being in a league that they can dominate due to the lack of any real rivals
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #28710: Aug 10, 2021 01:57:30 pm
      Also, all these years we've been told "we can only spend so much because we want to keep the club self sustaining so when the rainy day comes we're in a better position than most clubs.

A tsunami comes (covid) and we're being told "can't spend no money because it's a rainy day"

Wasn't our previous lack of transfer activity and team investment, other than purchases generated from sales, meant to get us in a position now where we can finally outspend the rest because "look how careful we were before so now we're in such a powerful position over the rest"?

Genuine question btw

The club have spend on players over the past 12 months - Jota , Thiago , Kostas and Konate have arrived into the club along with a number of main players getting new contracts ( which comes out of the budget for signing on fees )

The window also hasnt closed yes and further players may well arrive

Other clubs are using loan money or selling the best players to be able to spend
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28711: Aug 10, 2021 02:00:27 pm

Villa have just sold their best player to help finances their player purchases - they have also spent less than us over the past 5 years - and won nothing

Arsenal ? Seriously - you think they are run well ?!

Dortmund- another club that also sell their best players over the years but do you believe they spend more than us 🤷‍♂️ And they have won what over the last 5 years ?

And Bayern - work to a different finance model with multiple investors including Audi as well as being in a league that they can dominate due to the lack of any real rivals

We're not talking on field success we're talking finances.

My point was fsg aren't the only people that know how to run a club well. I never said fsg are doing a sh*t job. They're not at all. They're also not the only people that know how to run a football club.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #28712: Aug 10, 2021 02:01:34 pm

Bayern
      Dortmund
      Aston Villa

;D these are your examples?

Pay attention. Arsenal are shambles and have been for years, dating to the past few years of Wengers tenure. They’re a mess with little direction.

Dortmund unfortunately is a feeder club. The amount of talent they have sold off is amazing. Just the past 5 years they’ve gotten rid of Auba, Pulisic, Dembele, Isak and Sancho. And we all know Haaland is gone next summer.

Also please let us know all these trophies Villa has won recently, who, by the way, just sold their best player.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28713: Aug 10, 2021 02:05:15 pm
      ;D these are your examples?

Pay attention. Arsenal are shambles and have been for years, dating to the past few years of Wengers tenure. They’re a mess with little direction.

Dortmund unfortunately is a feeder club. The amount of talent they have sold off is amazing. Just the past 5 years they’ve gotten rid of Auba, Pulisic, Dembele, Isak and Sancho. And we all know Haaland is gone next summer.

Also please let us know all these trophies Villa has won recently, who, by the way, just sold their best player.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

We also sell our best players, just like Dortmund. If we don't sell our best players we'll spend £30m. This is facts.

The debate wasn't "who has won something in the last few years" but was actually who runs their club well whilst spending more than us and Aston Villa do. They offered Grealish 350k a week to stay but his head was turned. They didn't want to sell him.

Arsenal are a financially stable club that spend more money than us, when not financed by player sales.

Bayern are Bayern and my point stands with them
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28714: Aug 10, 2021 02:15:54 pm
      We're not talking on field success we're talking finances.

My point was fsg aren't the only people that know how to run a club well. I never said fsg are doing a sh*t job. They're not at all. They're also not the only people that know how to run a football club.

Of course FSG aren't the only owners that know how to run a football club well.

On your first point when did finances become more important than on field success? The way our club has been run has directly resulted in on field success over the last few years. That's what it's all about.

I think some people hae totally lost their minds just because we had a disappointing season last season, with many mitigating factors might I add, and forgot the successes we've actually had.

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2021 02:24:38 pm by srslfc »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28715: Aug 10, 2021 02:18:56 pm
      We also sell our best players, just like Dortmund. If we don't sell our best players we'll spend £30m. This is facts.

Not a fact.

We spent over £70M last summer without selling any of our best players, unless Dejan was suddenly elevated to a key player.

If you're going to go on about facts please at least make sure what you're saying is actually factual.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #28716: Aug 10, 2021 02:19:46 pm

The debate wasn't "who has won something in the last few years" but was actually who runs their club well whilst spending more than us and Aston Villa do. They offered Grealish 350k a week to stay but his head was turned. They didn't want to sell him.

Arsenal are a financially stable club that spend more money than us, when not financed by player sales.

Bayern are Bayern and my point stands with them

What’s wrong with spending £30mil on players 🤷‍♂️

Mane , Mo , Gini were around £30mil , Robbo a lot less , Thiago less ,

Are you not able to wait until the situation becomes more normal in regards the finances
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28717: Aug 10, 2021 02:28:36 pm
      Not a fact.

We spent over £70M last summer without selling any of our best players, unless Dejan was suddenly elevated to a key player.

If you're going to go on about facts please at least make sure what you're saying is actually factual.

No key player sold last summer.

Out £76.75million

In £47 million

SPENT £30 million.

Please please read my posts before coming along and making arguments. You even got two likes 😂

I said WITHOUT key players being sold we'll spend £30m. That's exactly wha we done last year
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28718: Aug 10, 2021 02:33:38 pm

Out £76.75million

In £47 million

SPENT £30 million.

Please please read my posts before coming along and making arguments. You even got two likes 😂

I said WITHOUT key players being sold we'll spend £30m. That's exactly wha we done last year

Enlighten me then.

Who did we sell last summer??

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28719: Aug 10, 2021 02:35:20 pm
      Enlighten me then.

Who did we sell last summer??

Rhian Brewster – Sheffield United – £23.5m
      Ki-Jana Hoever – Wolves – £13.5m
      Dejan Lovren – Zenit St Petersburg – £10.9m
      Ovie Ejaria – Reading – £3.5m
      Herbie Kane – Barnsley – £1.2m

You are now enlightened, welcome Jedi.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28720: Aug 10, 2021 02:42:17 pm
      Rhian Brewster – Sheffield United – £23.5m
      Ki-Jana Hoever – Wolves – £13.5m
      Dejan Lovren – Zenit St Petersburg – £10.9m
      Ovie Ejaria – Reading – £3.5m
      Herbie Kane – Barnsley – £1.2m

You are now enlightened, welcome Jedi.

My mistake, totally forgot about Brewster and Hoever.

Not sure how I forgot about such key players. I'm an idiot.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28721: Aug 10, 2021 02:43:41 pm

Genuine question btw

Apparently the business ethic of “feeding the investment” no longer applies, according to the FSG fans.

What you describe qualifies an asset ie a secure business prospect worthy of financial backing to obtain a profitable result.

A failure to feed such a proposition 
      for whatever reason is faulted business practice - NESV are experienced market players and their lack of funding is not an oversight; when they sell off the asset they will make a killing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #28722: Aug 10, 2021 02:45:29 pm

Out £76.75million

In £47 million

SPENT £30 million.

What’s wrong with that ?

We sold some players and we brought in 3 excellent players 🤷‍♂️ And ended up improving the squad
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28723: Aug 10, 2021 02:45:41 pm
      My mistake, totally forgot about Brewster and Hoever.

Not sure how I forgot about such key players. I'm an idiot.

Are you just being a wum?

I've said four times now IF WE DON'T SELL KEY PLAYERS WE'LL SPEND £30m.

We didn't sell any key players last year and spent £30m
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28724: Aug 10, 2021 02:49:54 pm
      Are you just being a wum?

I've said four times now IF WE DON'T SELL KEY PLAYERS WE'LL SPEND £30m.

We didn't sell any key players last year and spent £30m

I'm with you now😂

Again my mistake.

I am an idiot.

On your point though the business last summer is exactly what I would like to see. Selling players we don't need for big money to buy better players we do.

CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #28725: Aug 10, 2021 02:54:09 pm
      I'm with you now😂

Again my mistake.

I am an idiot.

On your point though the business last summer is exactly what I would like to see. Selling players we don't need for big money to buy better players we do.

That’s how it should be but people like Salah10 don’t see that we got 2 class players in Jota and Thiago, they just see that we spent 30m.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #28726: Aug 10, 2021 03:02:16 pm
      To take the discussion away from spending money for a second.

In their 10 full seasons as owners we've finished Top 4 or better 6 times out of 10.

We've finished runners up twice and won the league once.

Along with our 6th European Cup, Super Cup and World Club Cup.

But we finished 3rd in the weirdest season in history with an injury list no club could cope with so the world is falling in on itself??
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2021 03:20:10 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply