Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764106 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29118: Sep 03, 2021 10:58:55 pm
      Probably all more use than Origi. I'm sure we could have identified someone who would have added a bit more depth and cutting edge to our front line. Ferran Torres was what Ā£20m? Jesus Ā£25m-Ā£30m?

People act like there's no one out there that can improve our front line.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #29119: Sep 04, 2021 07:20:54 am
      I'm sure we could have identified someone who would have added a bit more depth and cutting edge to our front line. Ferran Torres was what Ā£20m? Jesus Ā£25m-Ā£30m?

But when players are at that price range, weā€™ll all be focused on the Ā£50m players.

Had we brought them in, weā€™ll all be saying we could have brought in the Ā£50m grade players. After they come in theyā€™ll be deemed pedestrian, invisible, injury prone until they leave for a top club.

Now that these players have developed into good players, and credit to their clubs, we are are actually turning around and saying why didnā€™t we go for them.

And if we have Klopp who already can develop Ā£7-20m players, why are we complaining that we are not buying the Ā£50m grade players mentioned in other posts?

Should we blame ourselves for missing out on Jesus? Or should be blame the transfer team for a lack of foresight? Iā€™m sure where stats are involved, a report will have to be put up to justify any acquisitions or sales. Otherwise, lack of supporting documents is poor corporate governance and possibly an outlet for money laundering. Iā€™m very sure we have reports on these players and possibly their stats or other things like attitude or position do not suit JĆ¼rgen at that point in time.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #29120: Sep 04, 2021 07:44:46 am
      The only money movement FSG appreciate is the upward fluctuation of the market value on the stock exchange.

I would suggest that you delete this post and take back your claims. It presents evidence that you do not fact check. This lowers your credibility and makes you vulnerable. Just delete or edit your post.

Man U is traded on NYSE
      Lazio, Roma and Juve are traded on Borsa Italiana
      Rangers and Celtic are traded on the LSE
      BVB is listed in Germany
      Arsenal is traded on the NEX exchange
      We are well and truly privately held by FSG.

Be glad that we are not publicly traded. Shareholders put up money for the main stand. If we were public, the burden would be on the shareholders. And by then be careful what you wish forā€¦ owners should take out their own money to buy players. This burden would be on the shareholders as well.

Iā€™d imagine if we were listed, all of us on this board would own some shares in LFC. Whatever you wish for, youā€™ll be placing additional financial burden and commitment on us shareholders.

And if we go belly up due to overspending, Iā€™d curse and swear for losing my capital and investment in LFC.

We can say the owners are too careful. Iā€™ll flip this around into a publicly listed company that we all become the owners and shareholders. Iā€™ll be crying out for you to stop asking me to take out my own money to plough into the club. Iā€™d say enough is enough the club should earn and spend within its means.

We are all against Lallana. Sometimes this person is over the top. But I well and truly know he and a few others here understand this point. And itā€™s not due to a lack of ambition.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29121: Sep 04, 2021 10:32:27 am
      Doesn't mean we wouldn't have if we had formally offered them as available. We've been able to get offers for barely fringe players like Ejaria, Klavan, Kent, etc so if you don't think we would have been able to get a fee for 3 players who all were with the first team, then the joke's on you.

What you on about? We donā€™t offer anybody as available thereā€™s no trade or draft in ā€œsoccerā€ stick to American sports lad as itā€™s clear this football malarkey is still new to you.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29122: Sep 04, 2021 12:51:40 pm
      Minamino injured. Origi half way out the door. One player in Jota to cover three positions. You stupid stupid fsg you managed to do it again 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.

I guess we'll start having tacticians telling us where the Ox can play (see Hendo at cb last year and the impact it had on results) or Naby at left wing because he can "do a job".

Bobby is injured so once we have Jota starting we have zero cover for attack. Don't tell me Harvey because he has ZERO Premier League experience at rw. He may be amazing or it may not suit. Either way, thanks a F***ing bunch fsg.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #29123: Sep 04, 2021 12:58:45 pm
      I would suggest that you delete this post and take back your claims. It presents evidence that you do not fact check. This lowers your credibility and makes you vulnerable. Just delete or edit your post.

Man U is traded on NYSE
      Lazio, Roma and Juve are traded on Borsa Italiana
      Rangers and Celtic are traded on the LSE
      BVB is listed in Germany
      Arsenal is traded on the NEX exchange
      We are well and truly privately held by FSG.

Be glad that we are not publicly traded. Shareholders put up money for the main stand. If we were public, the burden would be on the shareholders. And by then be careful what you wish forā€¦ owners should take out their own money to buy players. This burden would be on the shareholders as well.

Iā€™d imagine if we were listed, all of us on this board would own some shares in LFC. Whatever you wish for, youā€™ll be placing additional financial burden and commitment on us shareholders.

And if we go belly up due to overspending, Iā€™d curse and swear for losing my capital and investment in LFC.

We can say the owners are too careful. Iā€™ll flip this around into a publicly listed company that we all become the owners and shareholders. Iā€™ll be crying out for you to stop asking me to take out my own money to plough into the club. Iā€™d say enough is enough the club should earn and spend within its means.

We are all against Lallana. Sometimes this person is over the top. But I well and truly know he and a few others here understand this point. And itā€™s not due to a lack of ambition.

Jesus H Christ some waffle that!

Very little chance of LFC going "belly up" on the markets, the asset is just that and self-sufficient barring any nefarious activities.
      Any monies invested will be repaid with interest.

The monies for projects to benefit the investment in the way of loans to the club are such a case - the market value of the club is now Ā£3bn and rising.

"Crying out for money" as you put it and imply it is a regular occurrence is a way of embellishing the agenda of FSG false economy posters who see nothing wrong in our owners failure to invest in real terms in the asset.
      They took us from fraudulent owners who sucked the very life out of LFC and  subsequently returned the club to self-sufficiency.

While that state of affairs continued LFC under 3 managers achieved  a best of 2nd in the Prem but the owners sacked the incumbent to appoint Klopp.
      The man brought us long awaited success only to be undone by a lack of quality back up the following season.
      False economies bit our arse good style.

Unlike the waffle the above is no word of a lie as events have proved.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #29124: Sep 04, 2021 01:04:21 pm

Very little chance of LFC going "belly up" on the markets, the asset is just that and self-sufficient barring any nefarious activities.

The monies for projects to benefit the investment in the way of loans to the club are such a case - the market value of the club is now Ā£3bn and rising.

"Crying out for money" as you put it and imply it is a regular occurrence is a way of embellishing the agenda of FSG false economy posters who see nothing wrong in our owners failure to invest in real terms in the asset.
      They took us from fraudulent owners who sucked the very life out of LFC and  subsequently returned the club to self-sufficiency.

While that state of affairs continued LFC under 3 managers achieved  a best of 2nd in the Prem but the owners sacked the incumbent to appoint Klopp.
      The man brought us long awaited success only to be undone by a lack of quality back up the following season.

3 managers lmao. Roy f**king Hodgson. Don't make me laugh dude. You've got to be one of the most stubborn and picky posters. Gotta use even useless of things to suit your sh*t. Criticize owners all you want. But, this is getting f**king boring.

First it was only 1 major trophy,  now this "stock value going up".
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #29125: Sep 04, 2021 01:17:53 pm
      What you on about? We donā€™t offer anybody as available thereā€™s no trade or draft in ā€œsoccerā€ stick to American sports lad as itā€™s clear this football malarkey is still new to you.

Weā€™re on about you making really shitty points.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29126: Sep 04, 2021 01:26:51 pm

That's an extremely poor response to his point 😂 You even said "we're" to call on help from your fsg buddies 😂😂😂
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29127: Sep 04, 2021 01:39:26 pm
      Minamino injured. Origi half way out the door. One player in Jota to cover three positions. You stupid stupid fsg you managed to do it again 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.

I guess we'll start having tacticians telling us where the Ox can play (see Hendo at cb last year and the impact it had on results) or Naby at left wing because he can "do a job".

Bobby is injured so once we have Jota starting we have zero cover for attack. Don't tell me Harvey because he has ZERO Premier League experience at rw. He may be amazing or it may not suit. Either way, thanks a f**king bunch fsg.

Bit off topic, but has there been any update on Firmino? Think he was supposed to have had a scan earlier in the week. Saw bits of scare mongering on Twitter but haven't heard anything official
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #29128: Sep 04, 2021 01:44:17 pm
      Bit off topic, but has there been any update on Firmino? Think he was supposed to have had a scan earlier in the week. Saw bits of scare mongering on Twitter but haven't heard anything official

Thatā€™s true. He was to have a scan on Monday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29129: Sep 04, 2021 02:12:20 pm
      ;D.

F***ing clown.

Go back to bed.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29130: Sep 04, 2021 02:19:30 pm

I heard hamstring but nothing official
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #29131: Sep 04, 2021 02:33:03 pm
      3 managers lmao. Roy f**king Hodgson. Don't make me laugh dude. You've got to be one of the most stubborn and picky posters. Gotta use even useless of things to suit your sh*t. Criticize owners all you want. But, this is getting f**king boring.

First it was only 1 major trophy,  now this "stock value going up".

What the F**k is a "dude"?
      Where did I state they APPOINTED Hodgson?
      Do you not have a basic understanding of the stock market and the fluctuation of shares?Something our owners being market players are well acquainted with but you obviously are not.

The1 major trophy thing pre-Klopp was an oversight I forgot Ć²ne league cup, big F***ing deal!

Give your head a wobble ffs.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #29132: Sep 04, 2021 02:35:12 pm

Bobby is injured so once we have Jota starting we have zero cover for attack. Don't tell me Harvey because he has ZERO Premier League experience at rw. He may be amazing or it may not suit. Either way, thanks a f**king bunch fsg.
      ;D, at least wait until the severity of Minamino's injury is known before making knee-jerk rants about how ravaged the squad is.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #29133: Sep 04, 2021 02:48:20 pm
      ;D, at least wait until the severity of Minamino's injury is known before making knee-jerk rants about how ravaged the squad is.

My opinion is the same whether Minamino is fit or injured. Not good enough for a league assault. Nice guy wrong club
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #29134: Sep 04, 2021 03:07:52 pm

The above is just your opinion. I will respect your view, but you respect where Iā€™m coming from. Your view is not more superior than mine nor is mine more superior than yours. You make your stand and Iā€™ll make mine. Iā€™d only say I differ from how you think.

For anyone of us who does not fact check and comes up with conclusions, I can only say that some of those conclusions will be formed on soft foundation, especially if the facts are wrong. This applies to all of us. Make a claim if dead sure. Otherwise include words like should, may, possibly etc. to protect credibility.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29135: Sep 04, 2021 03:35:32 pm
      So Bobby & Minamino ruled out..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #29136: Sep 04, 2021 04:08:54 pm
      So Bobby & Minamino ruled out..?

ā€˜Opinionā€™ is currently an operative word for any negative FSG comment.
      Is that an injury ā€˜opinionā€™ or are they crocked leaving us weakened?

The above is just your opinion. I will respect your view, but you respect where Iā€™m coming from. Your view is not more superior than mine nor is mine more superior than yours. You make your stand and Iā€™ll make mine. Iā€™d only say I differ from how you think.

For anyone of us who does not fact check and comes up with conclusions, I can only say that some of those conclusions will be formed on soft foundation, especially if the facts are wrong. This applies to all of us. Make a claim if dead sure. Otherwise include words like should, may, possibly etc. to protect credibility.

The post in question is not rumour, suggestion or opinion it is comment on the prevailing situation.
      You may disagree with the hard facts that is your prerogative but that does not detract from the veracity of the comment.
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2021 04:17:29 pm by stuey »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #29137: Sep 05, 2021 10:18:26 am
      I read all the opinions about ā€˜net spendā€™ ā€˜ sell to buyā€™ ā€˜not investing any personal funds into the clubā€™ ā€˜only in it to make a profitā€™ blah blah blah !

I try not to get involved with all that business, I just look at where the club currently is commercially, what manager and players we have, what weā€™ve won recently, and how we are operating in the current European footballing hierarchy.
      From where we were when FSG took over, I think theyā€™ve done a great job, and long may it continue.
      We canā€™t compete with the oligarch clubs for spending power, but who can.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29138: Sep 05, 2021 02:22:23 pm
      I read all the opinions about ā€˜net spendā€™ ā€˜ sell to buyā€™ ā€˜not investing any personal funds into the clubā€™ ā€˜only in it to make a profitā€™ blah blah blah !

I try not to get involved with all that business, I just look at where the club currently is commercially, what manager and players we have, what weā€™ve won recently, and how we are operating in the current European footballing hierarchy.
      From where we were when FSG took over, I think theyā€™ve done a great job, and long may it continue.

Probably the simplest, yet most well thought out comment on the whole situation. If somebody told us on the day they took over, that within a decade we'd have gotten to three major European finals, have a sixth European Cup and a 19th title I think any right-minded red would have bitten your hand off.

You can only judge on results. As long as we're still in the mix and challenging, I don't think they should warrant much criticism for the footballing side of their operations. All this talk about being 'left behind' because City / Chelsea / United have signed XYZ is just pure speculation as nobody knows how well these new signings for those clubs will do, or how well we'll do this season. The front 3 issue is something which will need addressing but it should be a gradual process. Jota is still in his early 20s and if last season is anything to go by, he has shown he's good enough to be a constant in our attack for years to come. We'll be needing to sign a few more attackers in the coming seasons as we eventually start to phase the front three out, but as I said I think the best way of doing so would be a gradual process. If we sign two more players of Jota's ilk over the course of the next 2-3 seasons it will hopefully be job done in that regard.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29139: Sep 05, 2021 03:54:08 pm

The problem [some] people have is the money has dried up for transfers.
      This summer, only Konate came in and that was funded by outgoings.
      For a side who want to challenge for the title, CL etc. that's not good enough.
      Also, FSG get credit for hiring JĆ¼rgen - but it's him and his team that have spent what money they had wisely, and brought in the right players at prices that weren't extortionate by any means.
      The biggest signings - VVD and Ally - were funded by Cou's sale.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,926 posts | 3401 
      Reply #29140: Sep 05, 2021 03:56:48 pm
      The problem [some] people have is the money has dried up for transfers.
      This summer, only Konate came in and that was funded by outgoings.
      For a side who want to challenge for the title, CL etc. that's not good enough.
      Also, FSG get credit for hiring JĆ¼rgen - but it's him and his team that have spent what money they had wisely, and brought in the right players at prices that weren't extortionate by any means.
      The biggest signings - VVD and Ally - were funded by Cou's sale.

Donā€™t understand this theory that ā€œmoney has dried upā€

Surely people are taking into account whatā€™s happened over the past 18 months ? And how it would affect a club that runs on the income it earns

Quick Reply