Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765137 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29302: Nov 09, 2021 10:29:14 am

The point was simple

People are trying the club haven’t spent - “£20mil a year” etc etc

And using that to suggest the manager isn’t being backed and the owners are this and that

The club have spent millions on players

The club run as self sufficient model - any money they earn is spent within the club

Wages , signing on fees , transfer fees etc - all from income

The income comes from various areas

Commercial
      Matchday
      Telly Revenue
      Player sales

It’s quite a simple model being honest and one that has allowed the club to purchase multiple outstanding players , players that fit the squad and system that the manager wants to employ

The way the club has been run has allowed the club to spend £555mil on players since Klopp arrived - that shows how well the club is run

But we could have spent lots more on superstars and won everything in sight like Utd…….
      Oh, wait a minute……..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29303: Nov 09, 2021 11:15:33 am

The point was simple

And using that to suggest the manager isn’t being backed and the owners are this and that

The club run as self sufficient model - any money they earn is spent within the club

Commercial
      Matchday
      Telly Revenue
      Player sales

It’s quite a simple model being honest and one that has allowed the club to purchase multiple outstanding players , players that fit the squad and system that the manager wants to employ

The way the club has been run has allowed the club to spend £555mil on players since Klopp arrived - that shows how well the club is run

You’re at it again with your F***ing FSG bullshit - THE OWNERS HAVE SPENT NO MORE THAN THE INITIAL MONIES TO ACQUIRE THE CLUB ie £370m.
      THEY LOANED THE CLUB MONIES FOR PROJECTS TO MAKE THE ASSET MORE FINANCIALLY ATTRACTIVE.

The LFC brand attracts investment and is a viable long term prospect.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29304: Nov 09, 2021 11:38:44 am
      You’re at it again with your f**king FSG bullshit - THE OWNERS HAVE SPENT NO MORE THAN THE INITIAL MONIES TO ACQUIRE THE CLUB ie £370m.
      THEY LOANED THE CLUB MONIES FOR PROJECTS TO MAKE THE ASSET MORE FINANCIALLY ATTRACTIVE.

🤷‍♂️ Sorry I’m confused at what that actually adds ?

Everyone knows the club is self sufficient and supports itself - no one has suggested otherwise 🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing you understand that adding investment into the club will help the club bringing more commercial money for the club to then spend 🤷‍♂️
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29305: Nov 09, 2021 11:39:21 am
      You’re at it again with your f**king FSG bullshit - THE OWNERS HAVE SPENT NO MORE THAN THE INITIAL MONIES TO ACQUIRE THE CLUB ie £370m.

With the current FSG investment we will be in a financial mess when KLOPP leaves
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      Reply #29306: Nov 09, 2021 11:44:12 am

The point was simple

Commercial
      Matchday
      Telly Revenue
      Player sales

That is true whle the owners original investment rockets We cant compete financially with Chelsea City United and now Mewcastle on this budget. We need the owners to put some of fhe massive profit into the club while we have KLOPP we manage but after...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #29307: Nov 09, 2021 11:45:48 am
      🤷‍♂️ Sorry I’m confused at what that actually adds ?

Everyone knows the club is self sufficient and supports itself - no one has suggested otherwise 🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing you understand that adding investment into the club will help the club bringing more commercial money for the club to then spend 🤷‍♂️

Behave yourself!
      You infer that FSG are responsible for the club’s success when they have merely observed the investment rising from the financial catastrophe of fraudulent management.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29308: Nov 09, 2021 11:48:48 am

With the current FSG investment we will be in a financial mess when KLOPP leaves

Why will we be in a financial mess 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29309: Nov 09, 2021 11:49:33 am
      That is true whle the owners original investment rockets We cant compete financially with Chelsea City United and now Mewcastle on this budget. We need the owners to put some of fhe massive profit into the club while we have KLOPP we manage but after...

What profit 🤷‍♂️  Any profits the club makes goes back into the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29310: Nov 09, 2021 11:51:59 am
      Behave yourself!
      You infer that FSG are responsible for the club’s success when they have merely observed the investment rising from the financial catastrophe of fraudulent management.

Nothing in the post I made is making any suggestions about who is responsible

What I do know is 11 years ago the club was a Financial mess and a mess on the pitch

In the last 11 years many people on and off have worked hard to turn the club back around to right now to be back amongst the best in the world both on and off the pitch
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29311: Nov 09, 2021 11:54:22 am

Nothing in the post I made is making any suggestions about who is responsible

What I do know is 11 years ago the club was a Financial mess and a mess on the pitch

In the last 11 years many people on and off have worked hard to turn the club back around to right now to be back amongst the best in the world both on and off the pitch

Not the club, the company & owners that owned the club...

Liverpool Football Club will always be solvent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29312: Nov 09, 2021 11:59:30 am
      If uncle Joe Biden gets his way they will be paying tax on the increased value of assets thats going to be interesting because according to some they havent made a penny from the club.
      As far as FSG are concerned and their resident acolyte I am reminded of an old saying " Dont piss on my leg and try to tell me its raining"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29313: Nov 09, 2021 11:59:34 am
      Not the club, the company & owners that owned the club...

Liverpool Football Club will always be solvent.

What?

The club was in a financial mess 11 years ago - with the Club being in significant unsustainable debt 11 years ago. The debt was on the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29314: Nov 09, 2021 12:00:20 pm
      If uncle Joe Biden gets his way they will be paying tax on the increased value of assets thats going to be interesting because according to some they havent made a penny from the club.
      As far as FSG are concerned and their resident acolyte I am reminded of an old saying " Dont piss on my leg and try to tell me its raining"

Ok beyond a director wage - what money do you believe they have made from the club ?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #29315: Nov 09, 2021 12:13:12 pm
      Ok beyond a director wage - what money do you believe they have made from the club ?

I would have thought that the money they have made is still in the club. Bought us for 300m and are we worth over 2bn now? Not a bad investment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29316: Nov 09, 2021 12:14:47 pm
      I would have thought that the money they have made is still in the club. Bought us for 300m and are we worth over 2bn now? Not a bad investment.

So no money will be made unless they sell us 🤷‍♂️

And a clubs worth at the end of the day will only matter if someone sells the club
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      Reply #29317: Nov 09, 2021 01:07:24 pm

What profit 🤷‍♂️  Any profits the club makes goes back into the club

The F***ing profit they have made from buying the club i.e. If they payed 1 million and it's now worth 6 million hence 5 million profit. Extract that brown nose from JH' s arse
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #29318: Nov 09, 2021 01:13:06 pm

That’s actually a good point for once as it relates to FSG. If the Brandon administration goes through with that and taxes unrealized gains on the wealthy, FSG would be on the hook for a sh*t ton of money across its portfolio. 
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #29319: Nov 09, 2021 01:14:18 pm

So no money will be made unless they sell us 🤷‍♂️

And a clubs worth at the end of the day will only matter if someone sells the club

Money in the bank ... whenever they decide to cash it in ... all of it or a part of it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29320: Nov 09, 2021 01:24:04 pm
      The f**king profit they have made from buying the club i.e. If they payed 1 million and it's now worth 6 million hence 5 million profit. Extract that brown nose from JH' s arse

They only get the profit when they sell the club 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29321: Nov 09, 2021 01:25:19 pm
      Money in the bank ... whenever they decide to cash it in ... all of it or a part of it.

If they sell the club the money will go into FSG bank 🤷‍♂️

Just because the club is worth “£3bn” doesn’t mean there is £3bn sat in a bank somewhere
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #29322: Nov 09, 2021 01:33:55 pm
      If they sell the club the money will go into FSG bank 🤷‍♂️

Just because the club is worth “£3bn” doesn’t mean there is £3bn sat in a bank somewhere

No fella ... but when they decide to sell someone would have to give them 3bn to buy it off them ... smell what I'm cooking. Nice return on a 300m investment.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #29323: Nov 09, 2021 01:36:56 pm
      No fella ... but when they decide to sell someone would have to give them 3bn to buy it off them ... smell what I'm cooking. Nice return on a 300m investment.

That’s what happens when something is successful. They wouldn’t be the first person to buy a business - see that business improve and then sell on for profit
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #29324: Nov 09, 2021 01:41:02 pm

American ownership of sports institutions is a unique way of American owners borrowing money against the asset & pay almost nothing in taxes compared to what they would pay in the USA...

You can’t borrow money against any sport assets in the States..

That’s why Corporate America is all over English clubs..

https://theconversation.com/football-in-europe-is-being-transformed-by-us-private-equity-firms-heres-how-157445

Who are the investors?

So who are these major American private equity investors taking over European football? Fenway Sports Group (FSG), the owner of English Premier League champions Liverpool, is reportedly on the verge of selling over 10% of the club to US investor RedBird Capital Partners for around £540 million. RedBird appears intent on building a global network of football investments. This would be on the back of the £4.7 million recently invested into the club by basketball superstar Lebron James.

Basketball player hangs off the basket.
      Los Angeles Lakers’ forward LeBron James scoring against Charlotte Hornets in March, 2021.  UPI/Alamy Live News
      In December, ALK Capital – another American sports investment business – acquired the English club Burnley via a leveraged buyout (similar to how the Glazer family bought Manchester United in 2005). Leveraging essentially means using a club as collateral to secure a loan in order to buy it.

The situation is similar elsewhere. RedBird already holds a stake in French club Toulouse, while Bordeaux (General American Capital Partners and King Street Capital Management) and AS Nancy (New City Capital) are also US-owned. Meanwhile, Troyes FC was bought last year by City Football Group, in which Californian private equity investor Silver Lake owns shares.

The story is the same in Italy, where the Elliott Management Corporation owns AC Milan and where a private equity consortium consisting of CVC Capital Partners, Advent Capital Management and FSI Capital are pursuing the acquisition of a £1.5 billion stake in the new media business of premier league Serie A.

CVC and Advent are reportedly keen on striking a similar deal with German Football’s Bundesliga International, which handles overseas media rights sales.

At Manchester United, there has been a long-running fan campaign to remove the Glazers. Even at Liverpool, not everyone is happy with FSG.

That’s because blank cheques off the field don’t necessarily bring blank cheques on the field. Most fans know that investors are interested in one thing: making money. The problem is, maximising profits often means eroding the connections between clubs and the communities in which they are located.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-club-90m-worse-off-and-loaded-with-debt

Burnley's US takeover has left club £90m worse off and loaded with debt

Takeover by ALK Capital has used the club’s own money.

Deal has similarities to leveraged buyout of Manchester United

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2021 01:48:38 pm by Shabs »

Quick Reply