Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2761415 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30291: Jan 13, 2022 10:38:53 pm
      Add the first choice CB partnership as well.

To be fair you can't slate Matip there, yet again he was our best attacking threat!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #30292: Jan 13, 2022 10:40:44 pm
      Trent, Robbo, Bobby, Jota, Henderson, Fabinho on the pitch tonight against ten men and none of them could drag us to a win. Say what you want about FSG but it's not their fault we couldn't beat 10 men tonight

Always some f**ker else's fault like in society today no accountability . Keita and Thiago blamed weren't even there and  now the owners F***ing laughable really
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Iā€™m an arl arse
      Reply #30293: Jan 13, 2022 11:08:08 pm
      Get yeh hands in yeh pocket Henry and get us that creative midfielder we are cryin out for . Investment is needed in this team . And those who say itā€™s not are lying
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30294: Jan 13, 2022 11:31:18 pm
      Trent, Robbo, Bobby, Jota, Henderson, Fabinho on the pitch tonight against ten men and none of them could drag us to a win. Say what you want about FSG but it's not their fault we couldn't beat 10 men tonight

Could it be their fault for not giving us the quality replacements to beat a 10 man teamā€¦?

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #30295: Jan 14, 2022 07:21:26 am
      Could it be their fault for not giving us the quality replacements to beat a 10 man teamā€¦?

You don't need quality replacements to beat a 10 man team at home when your first 11 is littered with title winners and European Cup winners
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #30296: Jan 14, 2022 11:23:19 am
      You don't need quality replacements to beat a 10 man team at home when your first 11 is littered with title winners and European Cup winners

Apparently you do 😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30297: Jan 14, 2022 11:28:47 am

Shot oneself in the foot springs to mind.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #30298: Jan 14, 2022 11:29:56 am

Don't buy that title winners and CL winners line. Yes a lot of the squad have those trophies in the bag but a fair few of them haven't performed anywhere near that level from 2-3 years ago for a fair while now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30299: Jan 14, 2022 11:36:12 am

;D

Not bad. I think what he means is you shouldn't need.

He's got a point but I do think the performances were getting from the back up isn't what it should and could be and definitely feel we need a bit of a rethink in the summer.

I'd even have one less in midfield if it meant a Bellingham was to come.

Would we miss Milner and Chamberlain if we had Bellingham and had Morton playing more games?

I'm not sure we would.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30300: Jan 14, 2022 11:38:42 am
      ;D

He's got a point but I do think the performances were getting from the back up isn't what it should and could be and definitely feel we need a bit of a rethink in the summer.

Would we miss Milner and Chamberlain if we had Bellingham and had Morton playing more games?

I'm not sure we would.

Couple of midfielders like Bellingham & quality finisher upfront is all this team needs... not asking for much are we in the grand scale of things..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30301: Jan 14, 2022 11:45:34 am
      Couple of midfielders like Bellingham & quality finisher upfront is all this team needs... not asking for much are we in the grand scale of things..

I'd expect we'll sign those in the summer as well which is why I don't understand the drama.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30302: Jan 14, 2022 12:08:28 pm
      I'd expect we'll sign those in the summer as well which is why I don't understand the drama.

I think its because as it stands people see us with a great shout on 4 fronts, I wouldnt rule out a league tite yet, if we add now.

Yes well add in the summer but so will city and chelsea......we look like slipping back a bit  these last few weeks, thats where a signing or 2 to freshen it up and bring a new dismension could be the difference
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30303: Jan 14, 2022 12:10:50 pm

Summer is too late mate, we could be out the running for silverware..

We need quality now to add to the quality we have at present & maintain competition in the squad...

We never built on out PL & CL success, we regressed, yes we had injuries but other teams did too..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30304: Jan 14, 2022 12:13:36 pm
      All well and good lads but the players we're likely after and the ones we want, their clubs will not sell this month.

It's not Football Manager were playing here it's the real world and not as simple as it sounds.

Of course we would he able to sign players as some clubs are always looking to cash in but would that be the players we really want?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #30305: Jan 14, 2022 12:14:52 pm
      ;D

I'm not sure we would.

When you look at the ages and injury prone players, we really didnā€™t have ā€œthatā€ deep of a midfield going into the season. We had a fair many players for the position, but really, not that diverse and obviously not that available. Do we have a true AM (besides maybe Elliott) for instance? Do we have too
      Much of the same thing once you get past Fab, Thiago and Hendo? I think you are right on a Bellingham type player as well and yes Iā€™d freshen up that area of the team, and hoping Harvey makes a full recovery and doesnā€™t have nagging issues I think weā€™d be set up pretty good for awhile. Curtis, Harvey, Jude, Thiago, Fab, Hendo plus Morton (and I doubt we get rid of Naby although I doubt he is healthy for many games)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      Reply #30306: Jan 14, 2022 12:15:28 pm
      All well and good lads but the players we're likely after and the ones we want, their clubs will not sell this month.

Everyones available, if you really want them

Take Dembele and Zakaria or Kessie, all out of contract in the summer I think? Why not offer money now to buy them, cut price 6 months out from losing for nothing I think those clubs would do business
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30307: Jan 14, 2022 12:17:17 pm
      When you look at the ages and injury prone players, we really didnā€™t have ā€œthatā€ deep of a midfield going into the season. We had a fair many players for the position, but really, not that diverse and obviously not that available. Do we have a true AM (besides maybe Elliott) for instance? Do we have too
      Much of the same thing once you get past Fab, Thiago and Hendo? I think you are right on a Bellingham type player as well and yes Iā€™d freshen up that area of the team, and hoping Harvey makes a full recovery and doesnā€™t have nagging issues I think weā€™d be set up pretty good for awhile. Curtis, Harvey, Jude, Thiago, Fab, Hendo plus Morton (and I doubt we get rid of Naby although I doubt he is healthy for many games)

Definitely think you have a point and this was magnified by the Elliott injury, and to a much lesser extent Jones being our for a while as well.

Milner and Chamberlain moves in and Bellingham in along with a fit and healthy Jones and Elliott and already the midfield looks more balanced.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30308: Jan 14, 2022 12:19:13 pm

Everyone has a price mate, everyone.. got Virgil in Jan didnā€™t we...? Sold Torres & bought in Suarez in Jan..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #30309: Jan 14, 2022 12:22:00 pm
      ;D

I'm not sure we would.

Morton? I do not know about him performing constantly at a very high level but he has good potential. We need player to replace the Starting XI not to be on the bench. Milner, Henderson, Thiago and Keita plus AOC need to be pushed out with higher quality for different reasons.

Where is the money?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30310: Jan 14, 2022 12:22:55 pm

Take Dembele and Zakaria or Kessie, all out of contract in the summer I think? Why not offer money now to buy them, cut price 6 months out from losing for nothing I think those clubs would do business

Yes they likely would but are they targets of ours? Who knows.

Also the club's might see the value in keeping them and letting them go on a free as they could mean the difference between some sort of success or failure for those clubs.

It really isn't as black and white a situation as us talking on here.

Everyone has a price mate, everyone.. got Virgil in Jan didnā€™t we...? Sold Torres & bought in Suarez in Jan..

So we sell Mane and buy another forward?

You'd be one of the first screaming sell to buy if that happened.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      Reply #30311: Jan 14, 2022 12:25:42 pm

Look Im sure city would fook us off if we went for De Bruyne.....but you know what I mean. With a bit of effort and desire a lot of good business can be done in January

This interest in Bowen at west ham, you think they or he would say no at the right price or Leeds with Raphinia, I dont get this wait until the summer. Summer could become a price war if others want the same players. Buy them now, and that also gives them 6 months extra to learn the systems etc, no value in January is horseshite
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #30312: Jan 14, 2022 12:29:24 pm
      This interest in Bowen at west ham, you think they or he would say no at the right price

Would they though??

They're aiming for their best league finish in decades potentially and a European spot so why would they sell now when they could likely keep him, achieve their aims and sell for the same or maybe more in a few months time?

I really do think buying players gets over simplified at times.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30313: Jan 14, 2022 12:30:14 pm
      Yes they likely would but are they targets of ours? Who knows.

Also the club's might see the value in keeping them and letting them go on a free as they could mean the difference between some sort of success or failure for those clubs.

It really isn't as black and white a situation as us talking on here.

So we sell Mane and buy another forward?

You'd be one of the first screaming sell to buy if that happened.

Why do we have to sell Mane...? If we wanted to as a club retain Mane & Salah & go all in on Bellingham, Halland then whatā€™s stopping us other than a bid being rejected..?

Quick Reply