Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 22nd of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D4 L9

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1874764 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30300: Jan 14, 2022 11:38:42 am
      ;D

Not bad. I think what he means is you shouldn't need.

He's got a point but I do think the performances were getting from the back up isn't what it should and could be and definitely feel we need a bit of a rethink in the summer.

I'd even have one less in midfield if it meant a Bellingham was to come.

Would we miss Milner and Chamberlain if we had Bellingham and had Morton playing more games?

I'm not sure we would.

Couple of midfielders like Bellingham & quality finisher upfront is all this team needs... not asking for much are we in the grand scale of things..
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30301: Jan 14, 2022 11:45:34 am
      Couple of midfielders like Bellingham & quality finisher upfront is all this team needs... not asking for much are we in the grand scale of things..

I'd expect we'll sign those in the summer as well which is why I don't understand the drama.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30302: Jan 14, 2022 12:08:28 pm
      I'd expect we'll sign those in the summer as well which is why I don't understand the drama.

I think its because as it stands people see us with a great shout on 4 fronts, I wouldnt rule out a league tite yet, if we add now.

Yes well add in the summer but so will city and chelsea......we look like slipping back a bit  these last few weeks, thats where a signing or 2 to freshen it up and bring a new dismension could be the difference
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Reply #30303: Jan 14, 2022 12:10:50 pm

Summer is too late mate, we could be out the running for silverware..

We need quality now to add to the quality we have at present & maintain competition in the squad...

We never built on out PL & CL success, we regressed, yes we had injuries but other teams did too..
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30304: Jan 14, 2022 12:13:36 pm
      All well and good lads but the players we're likely after and the ones we want, their clubs will not sell this month.

It's not Football Manager were playing here it's the real world and not as simple as it sounds.

Of course we would he able to sign players as some clubs are always looking to cash in but would that be the players we really want?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #30305: Jan 14, 2022 12:14:52 pm
      ;D

He's got a point but I do think the performances were getting from the back up isn't what it should and could be and definitely feel we need a bit of a rethink in the summer.

Would we miss Milner and Chamberlain if we had Bellingham and had Morton playing more games?

I'm not sure we would.

When you look at the ages and injury prone players, we really didn’t have “that” deep of a midfield going into the season. We had a fair many players for the position, but really, not that diverse and obviously not that available. Do we have a true AM (besides maybe Elliott) for instance? Do we have too
      Much of the same thing once you get past Fab, Thiago and Hendo? I think you are right on a Bellingham type player as well and yes I’d freshen up that area of the team, and hoping Harvey makes a full recovery and doesn’t have nagging issues I think we’d be set up pretty good for awhile. Curtis, Harvey, Jude, Thiago, Fab, Hendo plus Morton (and I doubt we get rid of Naby although I doubt he is healthy for many games)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #30306: Jan 14, 2022 12:15:28 pm
      All well and good lads but the players we're likely after and the ones we want, their clubs will not sell this month.

Everyones available, if you really want them

Take Dembele and Zakaria or Kessie, all out of contract in the summer I think? Why not offer money now to buy them, cut price 6 months out from losing for nothing I think those clubs would do business
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30307: Jan 14, 2022 12:17:17 pm
      When you look at the ages and injury prone players, we really didn’t have “that” deep of a midfield going into the season. We had a fair many players for the position, but really, not that diverse and obviously not that available. Do we have a true AM (besides maybe Elliott) for instance? Do we have too
      Much of the same thing once you get past Fab, Thiago and Hendo? I think you are right on a Bellingham type player as well and yes I’d freshen up that area of the team, and hoping Harvey makes a full recovery and doesn’t have nagging issues I think we’d be set up pretty good for awhile. Curtis, Harvey, Jude, Thiago, Fab, Hendo plus Morton (and I doubt we get rid of Naby although I doubt he is healthy for many games)

Definitely think you have a point and this was magnified by the Elliott injury, and to a much lesser extent Jones being our for a while as well.

Milner and Chamberlain moves in and Bellingham in along with a fit and healthy Jones and Elliott and already the midfield looks more balanced.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Reply #30308: Jan 14, 2022 12:19:13 pm

Everyone has a price mate, everyone.. got Virgil in Jan didn’t we...? Sold Torres & bought in Suarez in Jan..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,437 posts | 2915 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #30309: Jan 14, 2022 12:22:00 pm
      ;D

I'm not sure we would.

Morton? I do not know about him performing constantly at a very high level but he has good potential. We need player to replace the Starting XI not to be on the bench. Milner, Henderson, Thiago and Keita plus AOC need to be pushed out with higher quality for different reasons.

Where is the money?
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30310: Jan 14, 2022 12:22:55 pm

Take Dembele and Zakaria or Kessie, all out of contract in the summer I think? Why not offer money now to buy them, cut price 6 months out from losing for nothing I think those clubs would do business

Yes they likely would but are they targets of ours? Who knows.

Also the club's might see the value in keeping them and letting them go on a free as they could mean the difference between some sort of success or failure for those clubs.

It really isn't as black and white a situation as us talking on here.

Everyone has a price mate, everyone.. got Virgil in Jan didn’t we...? Sold Torres & bought in Suarez in Jan..

So we sell Mane and buy another forward?

You'd be one of the first screaming sell to buy if that happened.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #30311: Jan 14, 2022 12:25:42 pm

Look Im sure city would fook us off if we went for De Bruyne.....but you know what I mean. With a bit of effort and desire a lot of good business can be done in January

This interest in Bowen at west ham, you think they or he would say no at the right price or Leeds with Raphinia, I dont get this wait until the summer. Summer could become a price war if others want the same players. Buy them now, and that also gives them 6 months extra to learn the systems etc, no value in January is horseshite
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30312: Jan 14, 2022 12:29:24 pm
      This interest in Bowen at west ham, you think they or he would say no at the right price

Would they though??

They're aiming for their best league finish in decades potentially and a European spot so why would they sell now when they could likely keep him, achieve their aims and sell for the same or maybe more in a few months time?

I really do think buying players gets over simplified at times.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Reply #30313: Jan 14, 2022 12:30:14 pm
      Yes they likely would but are they targets of ours? Who knows.

Also the club's might see the value in keeping them and letting them go on a free as they could mean the difference between some sort of success or failure for those clubs.

It really isn't as black and white a situation as us talking on here.

So we sell Mane and buy another forward?

You'd be one of the first screaming sell to buy if that happened.

Why do we have to sell Mane...? If we wanted to as a club retain Mane & Salah & go all in on Bellingham, Halland then what’s stopping us other than a bid being rejected..?

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,191 posts | 3577 
      Reply #30314: Jan 14, 2022 12:31:02 pm
      Why do we have to sell Mane...? If we wanted to as a club retain Mane & Salah & go all in on Bellingham, Halland then what’s stopping us other than a bid being rejected..?

Just you said we sold Torres and bought Suarez so I thought that showed you're ok with selling one to buy another.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,690 posts | 1486 
      Reply #30315: Jan 14, 2022 12:40:44 pm
      It amazing how everyone makes it seems so easy just to go out and buy players.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #30316: Jan 14, 2022 12:49:08 pm

Well not trying makes it impossible, and reading between the lines, the line being no value in January, we wont be trying which means we continue on 4 fronts hoping that Taki, ox, Milner, Origi to name a few all of a sudden come into  unbelievable form.

Sorry but anyone who thinks 1 win in 6 is ok or acceptable is gone soft, others blaming lack of games when we have had 3 in 11 days and others blaming the loss of Mo and Mane yet everyone knew that was coming months and months ago.

And the 1 in 6 would be easier to accept playing well and just not getting the results, but we are playing bang average stuff at the minute. And on a personal level Im getting a pain in my arse seeing teams set up the same wsy to stop us and us not learning in any way shape or form how to combat it, is Milner the answer to breaking teams down? No but how often is he first sub in?

Clubs will sell in January it is done
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,241 posts | 6055 
      Reply #30317: Jan 14, 2022 01:42:40 pm
      What’s the point you’re trying to make 🤷‍♂️

He doesn't have a point these days. He just seems to be on a permanent wind up and trying to emulate the pathetic banter boys bellend behaviour everytime we have Villa at home.

Must be a brummie thing!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,241 posts | 6055 
      Reply #30318: Jan 14, 2022 01:46:19 pm

We only bought VVD in Jan because we couldn't get him earlier because of the tapping up thing.
      Torres/Suarez and don't forget overspending on Carroll too.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,042 posts | 1038 
      Reply #30319: Jan 14, 2022 01:48:18 pm

Years ago when Playstation had the slogan "live in your world, play in ours" many people seem to have misinterpreted it to be "play in your world, live in ours" and they now think transfers and contract extensions can be done by pressing the X button a few times.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #30320: Jan 14, 2022 01:53:30 pm

I know right. It's hard to believe that anyone ever gets bought or sold, as hard it is to buy players. It's like those times that Barcelona came calling for Suarez and then Coutinho and the club was like "F**k off" and then Barca was like "ok fine keep them".

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Reply #30321: Jan 14, 2022 02:08:19 pm
      Just you said we sold Torres and bought Suarez so I thought that showed you're ok with selling one to buy another.

No mate, Gutted when Torres left, we didn’t have to sell to Chelsea but by selling we bought in Carroll & Suarez, one worked the other... well..
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,797 posts | 4289 
      Reply #30322: Jan 14, 2022 02:13:37 pm
      He doesn't have a point these days. He just seems to be on a permanent wind up and trying to emulate the pathetic banter boys bellend behaviour everytime we have Villa at home.

Must be a brummie thing!!

Emulate...😂
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,767 posts | 1782 
      Reply #30323: Jan 14, 2022 02:17:55 pm
      We knew the squad wasn’t strong enough before the season started, especially with 2 of our front 3 going to AFCON.

The FSG supporters told us we couldn’t sign any players because the club only spends what it earns. So the club must earn nothing then. Poorly ran?

Then the FSG supporters told us our squad was strong enough to compete in all competitions even though we have several players littered in our squad with known injury problems.

Then the FSG supporters told us we couldn’t bring anybody in because we already had too many players on our books. Ignoring the fact we had to keep those players because there’s no money to bring anybody in.

Now the FSG supporters are telling us it’s extremely difficult to sign players, especially during covid, even though other clubs up and down country are regularly signing players.

Not replacing Gini was criminal, regardless whether you rated him or not. He was part of our first 11 and played week in, week out. To say thiago or elliott were his replacement is just laughable.

Going into this season with Fabinho, Hendo (lost a yard, injury prone), Milner (lost 5 yards), Keita (injury prone), Thiago (injury prone), Elliott (out of position), Curtis Jones (not good enough), Ox (not good enough) was a joke.

Mane and Bobby have both aged too and one of the reasons why a few of our players have declined is because they play far too many games at this intense level, because our bench or backup isn’t anywhere near good enough.

Klopps era at liverpool could and should have been so much more. We have the best manager in the world who has built a great eleven. We’ve won trophies. Yet when he leaves there will still be some regret which is madness.

And when he goes in 2024 we will be scrapping for a Europa league place with the likes of West Ham and Everton because of these sh*te Minge bag owners.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,042 posts | 1038 
      Reply #30324: Jan 14, 2022 02:31:03 pm
      We knew the squad wasn’t strong enough before the season started, especially with 2 of our front 3 going to AFCON.

The FSG supporters told us we couldn’t sign any players because the club only spends what it earns. So the club must earn nothing then. Poorly ran?

Then the FSG supporters told us our squad was strong enough to compete in all competitions even though we have several players littered in our squad with known injury problems.

Then the FSG supporters told us we couldn’t bring anybody in because we already had too many players on our books. Ignoring the fact we had to keep those players because there’s no money to bring anybody in.

Now the FSG supporters are telling us it’s extremely difficult to sign players, especially during covid, even though other clubs up and down country are regularly signing players.

Not replacing Gini was criminal, regardless whether you rated him or not. He was part of our first 11 and played week in, week out. To say thiago or elliott were his replacement is just laughable.

Going into this season with Fabinho, Hendo (lost a yard, injury prone), Milner (lost 5 yards), Keita (injury prone), Thiago (injury prone), Elliott (out of position), Curtis Jones (not good enough), Ox (not good enough) was a joke.

Mane and Bobby have both aged too and one of the reasons why a few of our players have declined is because they play far too many games at this intense level, because our bench or backup isn’t anywhere near good enough.

Klopps era at liverpool could and should have been so much more. We have the best manager in the world who has built a great eleven. We’ve won trophies. Yet when he leaves there will still be some regret which is madness.

And when he goes in 2024 we will be scrapping for a Europa league place with the likes of West Ham and Everton because of these sh*te Minge bag owners.

well well well, look who's up from his slumber. Right on cue after we drop points.

Quick Reply