Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2761453 times
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30613: Aug 18, 2022 06:45:21 pm
      No, I literally said it's because of his contractual situation that the money is an issue.
      Bellingham won't be 80m. There's literally no way he goes for less than 100 or even more.

And you sound like Corballyred.

Corballyred is a bit too anti fsg, even for me pal
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30614: Aug 21, 2022 11:43:06 pm
      So these tight ass minges are not backing Jürgen and buying him what he needs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30615: Aug 22, 2022 07:10:30 am

Since when 🤷‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30616: Aug 22, 2022 08:35:41 am

What’s new?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30617: Aug 22, 2022 08:55:28 am
      We spent just under £90mil in the summer bringing in three new players to refresh the squad and yet still the same people crying over owners not spending their own money.

Amazing how they shut the F**k up for most of last year
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30618: Aug 22, 2022 09:00:12 am
      I apologise if I gave the impression that the defence was wholly to blame for our inability to win either of the opening fixtures. The incidents leading to the goals against us were by popular consensus down to careless mistakes at the back. The original post was in part to highlight it wasn't exclusively the midfield which was to blame, and therefore this running saga of needing additional personnel is perhaps over cautious.

We missed a ton of chances in both games too.

Was just poor all round in certain parts of both games.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30619: Aug 22, 2022 09:19:41 am
      We spent just under £90mil in the summer bringing in three new players to refresh the squad and yet still the same people crying over owners not spending their own money.

Is that all you got?
      They do not spend their own money - ever.
      Apart from an initial  £60m as part of the acquisition monies FSG go to great lengths to ensure the club is self-perpetuating.
      The FSG fans continually allude to them putting money into LFC when the reverse is actually true.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30620: Aug 22, 2022 09:40:27 am
      Is that all you got?
      Apart from an initial  £60m as part of the acquisition monies FSG go to great lengths to ensure the club is self-perpetuating.
      The FSG fans continually allude to them putting money into LFC when the reverse is actually true.

No one has alluded to that at all

We now they don’t use their own money to buy players - that’s been the same case since they bought the club , yet you F***ing don’t stop crying about it

We know the club is self sustaining, no one has said anything different , Klopp knows that , the staff know that and no one appears to have any issue with it about from the likes of you who do nothing but cry about it but mainly during the transfer window and when we drop points
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #30621: Aug 22, 2022 10:16:39 am
      Is that all you got?

Which club owners other than Man City's (before that abramovic) spend their own money into their clubs.

Tottenham doesn't
      Arsenal doesn't
      Chelsea are moving into self sustaining model just like us
      Man Utd certainly doesn't.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #30622: Aug 22, 2022 10:20:38 am
      I think this is probably the first time Klopp has expressed a note of unease or annoyance at not having the power to say to the money people that we need this player or whatever. He gets " told things and we deal with it".

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-midfielder-transfer-24812956

Hasn't fell out with anyone over it but clearly he would've wanted a tiny bit more control over transfer dealings.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #30623: Aug 22, 2022 10:26:06 am
      I think this is probably the first time Klopp has expressed a note of unease or annoyance at not having the power to say to the money people that we need this player or whatever. He gets " told things and we deal with it".

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-midfielder-transfer-24812956

Hasn't fell out with anyone over it but clearly he would've wanted a tiny bit more control over transfer dealings.

He did not express annoyance.

the whole interview was edited.

He said the club won't sign a midfielder unless it's the right one. Klopp isn't the one to express "annoyance".
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4905 
      Reply #30624: Aug 22, 2022 10:26:47 am
      Is that all you got?

No owners do save the oil state run clubs.

No 'FSG fan' has said otherwise either.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #30625: Aug 22, 2022 10:32:25 am
      He did not express annoyance.

the whole interview was edited.

He said the club won't sign a midfielder unless it's the right one. Klopp isn't the one to express "annoyance".

Well I beg to differ..I think he is slightly miffed over it. I said he has not fell out with anybody.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30626: Aug 22, 2022 10:41:34 am
      No owners do save the oil state run clubs.

No 'FSG fan' has said otherwise either.

thats the problem though City and Newcastle can spend spend spend Arsenal have just spent £300mil SPurs are spending big Villa are Spending big the league has changed and UTD would spend big if players would go there. The market has gone nuts it is all very honourable to stick to your principals but you can't ignore the fact top four is going to be harder in the coming seasons as you could have 6 or 8 team going for the Top four.
      I trust Jürgen he isnt a shrinking violet if he doesn't think he has the squad to compete he will do something about it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30627: Aug 22, 2022 10:51:07 am

I watched the press conference and the only unease was towards the questions - and what he said was no different to anything he has said before

A lot of people are leaping on this when there is nothing there

They are also ignoring the parts about - only signing the player they want

Klopp has never been miffed about the clubs own spending - he has had no issues with it - other clubs spending then yes
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30628: Aug 22, 2022 10:52:42 am
      thats the problem though City and Newcastle can spend spend spend Arsenal have just spent £300mil SPurs are spending big Villa are Spending big the league has changed and UTD would spend big if players would go there. The market has gone nuts it is all very honourable to stick to your principals but you can't ignore the fact top four is going to be harder in the coming seasons as you could have 6 or 8 team going for the Top four.
      I trust Jürgen he isnt a shrinking violet if he doesn't think he has the squad to compete he will do something about it.

Those clubs that are spending are adding debt or taking loans
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30629: Aug 22, 2022 11:05:08 am
      Liverpool spend what they earn.

Klopp did actually say in his interview its nothing new, thats how it is.

As usual a none story built up to create a story and sh1tstir.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30630: Aug 22, 2022 11:07:12 am
      FYI. Even city are trying to live within their means, and I've heard stuff from Newcastle that they have had to keep the spending down due to FFP.

So there. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30631: Aug 22, 2022 11:49:15 am

The posters who rightfully say FSG do not support the manager financially are vocal all the time, how could it not be so when that fact is relevant from day one?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #30632: Aug 22, 2022 11:57:59 am
      Is that all you got?

No but everything recouped goes back into the transfer pot, plus they're businessman, not an Oligarch or Shiekh who doesn't have to worry about money.

To even bi*ch about FSG after the last few seasons is a bit of a F***ing joke.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2022 12:12:18 pm by HUYTON RED »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #30633: Aug 22, 2022 12:11:34 pm
      Well I beg to differ..I think he is slightly miffed over it. I said he has not fell out with anybody.

There lies the problem! ‘ I THINK’. So you think of something, then post it, with no evidence to support that it’s fact, but expect everyone to take it on board.

I’m suggesting that if Jürgen and his team identify a player they really need, the money is there, even if it doesn’t balance the books to keep the club in profit.
      But it’s only my opinion.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,516 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30634: Aug 22, 2022 12:16:07 pm
      Won everything there is going with FSG at the helm, best manager in the world, some of the best players in world footi and a boss team generally, new stands, new training facilities. etc etc.

Really not a lot to moan about tbh.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #30635: Aug 22, 2022 12:19:31 pm
      The posters who rightfully say FSG do not support the manager financially are vocal all the time, how could it not be so when that fact is relevant from day one?

The manager is supported financially 🤷‍♂️

Klopp has spent £630mil on players

Broken the club transfer record multiple times

Quick Reply