Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2769024 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32522: Feb 22, 2023 12:13:55 am
      Imagine having to bring on Milner and Matip when we are chasing the game.

Thanks Fenway, bunch of cu*ts.

As is known ... I'm no fan of fsg. They are greedy c*nts ... no doubt about it.

But fsg didn't give Gomez a 5 year deal and force Jürgen to keep picking him when he's a total liability, injury prone and so far out of his depth he's now pure comedy.

Matip or Philips would have done a much better job tonight ... because they are better players.

As for Milner ... he should have started at right back. But he didn't ... again ... not down to fsg.

It's not down to fsg that we've got laurel n Hardy at centre back and right back. Jürgen keeps picking them ... and they can't do the job we are paying them a fortune to do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #32523: Feb 24, 2023 10:53:20 pm
      Klopp today

"The way that this club is led is by not splashing the money. Our transfers always have to be on point. That makes it really tricky," he said.

"We cannot make four transfers before we know who will leave the club and these kind of things.

"Last year was not a season for a big change. We played until the last moment and, if you want to change at this club, we cannot just bring in players and realise later that no-one wants to leave. It doesn't work like that.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #32524: Feb 24, 2023 11:56:02 pm
      We and Klopp can only re build if they fund  it time to find out what they they really think of this club time our owners grew a pair and actually put some fckin funds into this club
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #32525: Feb 25, 2023 12:21:58 am
      Our transfers always have to be on point. That makes it really tricky," he said.

This part for me….

Our transfers always have to be on point. That makes it really tricky," he said.

It does make it really tricky. We don’t really have much room for a bad transfer decision. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,222 posts | 1222 
      Reply #32526: Feb 25, 2023 12:37:18 am
      This part for me….

It does make it really tricky. We don’t really have much room for a bad transfer decision. 

The fact that we have been so good at identifying the right players makes it all the more puzzling. In recent times I can only really think of Keita and Ox as players with a significant outlay who turned out to burden us more than they did benefit the team. Other managers who achieved less made countless bad signings by comparison (yet still had the support of the fans). Why is a better manager not allowed more leeway?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #32527: Feb 25, 2023 12:25:45 pm
      The fact that we have been so good at identifying the right players makes it all the more puzzling. In recent times I can only really think of Keita and Ox as players with a significant outlay who turned out to burden us more than they did benefit the team. Other managers who achieved less made countless bad signings by comparison (yet still had the support of the fans). Why is a better manager not allowed more leeway?

Depends what bad managers you're referring to first?
      Don77

• 6,548 posts | 1093 
      Reply #32528: Feb 25, 2023 12:32:23 pm

Ox did well before his injury. But it was obvious he wasn't the same after it and he should have been moved on long ago.

Keita ... bar the odd glimpse has been a disaster. Should have been shipped out 2 years ago and replaced whilst our midfield was still functioning.
      charleslee1989
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #32529: Feb 26, 2023 06:31:23 am

This is damning of FSG. Outs before in? Why didn't FSG act earlier while we are on the ascendency? LFC could have an out in Milner but why extend his contract with Lower terms?

No money for new signings?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #32530: Feb 26, 2023 02:29:50 pm
      This is damning of FSG. Outs before in? Why didn't FSG act earlier while we are on the ascendency? LFC could have an out in Milner but why extend his contract with Lower terms?

No money for new signings?

Moneyball!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32531: Feb 28, 2023 10:37:20 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #32532: Feb 28, 2023 10:40:32 am
      The increase in wages is insane, handing out extending contracts and not getting rid of players on big wages.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32533: Feb 28, 2023 10:56:49 am
      The increase in wages is insane, handing out extending contracts and not getting rid of players on big wages.

A lot of the increase in wages is down to incentives as well - club doing well , players get more money for performing well

Not sure which players on big wages they should have got rid off - but if you mean Ox and Keita then tough to get rid of players if clubs are looking to buy them
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32534: Feb 28, 2023 11:35:05 am
      Living within means and not cheating.

And winning stuff.

And Building stuff.

NTB.

If they spend the money that is needed on the team this summer, I'm not sure what anyone can complain about.

Maybe comeback to this thread in August. l o l
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #32535: Feb 28, 2023 01:10:04 pm
      The club still owes 159m to (I assume) FSG for infrastructure improvements. Kind of weird when you think about it. FSG own the club and yet instead of paying for the improvements themselves they’ve loaned the money to the club to pay for the improvements. So the value of the club goes up after the improvements, and FSG who directly benefit from that didn’t have to pay a cent. That’s pretty good business if you can get it. Like being a landlord and getting your renter to pay to make your house nicer so when you sell it you will make more.

Shrewd.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32536: Feb 28, 2023 01:15:03 pm
      The club still owes 159m to (I assume) FSG for infrastructure improvements. Kind of weird when you think about it. FSG own the club and yet instead of paying for the improvements themselves they’ve loaned the money to the club to pay for the improvements. So the value of the club goes up after the improvements, and FSG who directly benefit from that didn’t have to pay a cent. That’s pretty good business if you can get it. Like being a landlord and getting your renter to pay to make your house nicer so when you sell it you will make more.

Shrewd.

Surely this isn’t coming as new news to you 🤷‍♂️

The owners took out a loan to pay for the rebuilding of the stands , the loan was in the owners name , it will prob cost them a little because they took the hit on any interest and set up fees etc
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #32537: Feb 28, 2023 01:23:23 pm
      Surely this isn’t coming as new news to you 🤷‍♂️

The owners took out a loan to pay for the rebuilding of the stands , the loan was in the owners name , it will prob cost them a little because they took the hit on any interest and set up fees etc

Forgive me oh Lord of Finance. I didn’t mean to take any focus away from your regularly scheduled program of telling us all how great FSG is.

All hail our hallowed owners!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32538: Feb 28, 2023 01:33:09 pm
      Forgive me oh Lord of Finance. I didn’t mean to take any focus away from your regularly scheduled program of telling us all how great FSG is.

All hail our hallowed owners!

🤦‍♂️

I have just given you the facts about the debt the owners

If you are going to dribble on about the finances within the club at least learn about the them to stop you looking a pr**k - hard for you I know
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #32539: Feb 28, 2023 02:11:13 pm
      🤦‍♂️

I have just given you the facts about the debt the owners

If you are going to dribble on about the finances within the club at least learn about the them to stop you looking a pr**k - hard for you I know

Nothing I said was incorrect. And nothing I said was negative towards the owners. In fact I complemented them on their business acumen. Strange that you immediately took it as an affront and felt the need to personally attack me and attempt to insult me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #32540: Feb 28, 2023 02:12:55 pm

The club were hit with the loan and rebuilt the stands, FSG will benefit of course when they eventually sell up and here you are trying to polish sh*te.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32541: Feb 28, 2023 02:15:36 pm
      Nothing I said was incorrect. And nothing I said was negative towards the owners. In fact I complemented them on their business acumen. Strange that you immediately took it as an affront and felt the need to personally attack me and attempt to insult me.

Where did I say your post was negative to the owners 🤷‍♂️

I was just surprised that you weren’t aware of what the debt was to the owners and how it come about

Maybe you need to read your reply to my post which was full of sarcasm and didn’t really have anything to do with what I posted

“Forgive me oh Lord of Finance. I didn’t mean to take any focus away from your regularly scheduled program of telling us all how great FSG is.

All hail our hallowed owners!”

That’s how you responded to a factual post about what the debt is towards the owners

Maybe you need to have a look at how you respond in future

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3442 
      Reply #32542: Feb 28, 2023 02:17:42 pm
      The club were hit with the loan and rebuilt the stands, FSG will benefit of course when they eventually sell up and here you are trying to polish sh*te.

Again - it’s something we all knew , it’s how they said they would improve the club and is more than any previous owners could achieve

We actually had actions of spades in the ground as opposed to just talk and it will only benefit the club and fans going forward.

The owners have done a very good thing - surprised anyone can find any negative about it
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #32543: Feb 28, 2023 02:30:47 pm
      I guess a dilapidated and smaller Anfield would have been a better option......
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #32544: Feb 28, 2023 02:36:11 pm
      I guess a dilapidated and smaller Anfield would have been a better option......

Because that is the only other option.

Quick Reply