Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755779 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32821: Mar 23, 2023 02:33:41 pm
      Edwards and Ward had the authority to fire JĆ¼rgen?

No, would not think they alone have the authority to fire JĆ¼rgen. but it will get never to that point anyway.

If all went tits up i am sure there would be a mutual agreement to gracefully walk away rather than a straight up sacking.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,689 posts | 3363 
      Reply #32822: Mar 23, 2023 06:07:01 pm
      I don't know you as a person and you're probably a sound guy but I will say this post tells me all I need to know about you as a poster

Sorry you said I was against people posting stuff from Twitter - I canā€™t recall ever saying that hence the question

Twitter is social media - there are many journalists etc on there posting articles etc - some post for clicks and subscribers , some for the followers

Thatā€™s no different than the old papers or gossip columns

The other side of Twitter is the bedwetters , the little tw*ts that have handles about the players etc hashtags everywhere , claims of them being the reason why we are a massive club, the ones that react to every single article , the ones demanding protests yet wouldnā€™t be able to find the city on a map the ones that worship the likes of Corbally and others

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #32823: Mar 23, 2023 08:02:10 pm
      Edwards and Ward had the authority to fire JĆ¼rgen?

Maybe I was being a little too simplistic and literal but in theory the DoF would have a huge say in who the Head Coach of a football club is and not very often would a Head Coach be involved or have a say in who that DoF is.
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2023 08:18:45 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32824: Mar 23, 2023 08:17:31 pm
      Maybe I was being a little too simplistic and literal but in theory the DoF would have a huge say in who the Head Coach of a football club is and nor very often would a Head Coach be involved or have a day in who that DoF is.

Surely JĆ¼rgen is a different animal though. He's more important to the club than the owners or the DOF or anyone else. So while in theory what you are saying is likely correct in most organizations, I'd say for us it's a tad bit different. Good or bad, JĆ¼rgen has that kind of weight at the club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #32825: Mar 23, 2023 08:20:58 pm
      Surely JĆ¼rgen is a different animal though. He's more important to the club than the owners or the DOF or anyone else. So while in theory what you are saying is likely correct in most organizations, I'd say for us it's a tad bit different. Good or bad, JĆ¼rgen has that kind of weight at the club.

He's definitely earned the right to be thought of than more than just a Head Coach you're right there.

But it's still a slightly dangerous path to follow in my opinion. It's where the wheels really came off with Brendan.

Different animals I know but the principal should still remain the same if that's the structure the club is following.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32826: Mar 23, 2023 10:44:44 pm
      +14
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #32827: Mar 23, 2023 10:47:44 pm

Cue absolute mayhem, pages of 'what do you mean they haven't spent money?? 🤷ā€ā™€ļø🤷ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🤷ā€ā™€ļø🤷ā€ā™‚ļø  :D ;D :laugh: prepare yourself, smoke another spliff mate
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32828: Mar 23, 2023 10:48:43 pm
      Cue absolute mayhem, pages of 'what do you mean they haven't spent money?? 🤷ā€ā™€ļø🤷ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🤷ā€ā™€ļø🤷ā€ā™‚ļø  :D ;D :laugh: prepare yourself, smoke another spliff mate

Bongs Bro, Bongs, just ripped a couple  :lmao:

EDIT: I am amazed you were the first person to comment, was expecting someone totally different!  :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #32829: Mar 23, 2023 11:06:16 pm
      I'm gonna hazard a guess but has there been any talk of Jude being too expensive?

If so, bollocks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32830: Mar 23, 2023 11:56:11 pm
      Bongs Bro, Bongs, just ripped a couple  :lmao:

EDIT: I am amazed you were the first person to comment, was expecting someone totally different!  :lmao:

Do we get a prize for guessing.  :lmao:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #32831: Mar 24, 2023 01:40:07 am
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32832: Mar 24, 2023 01:45:54 am

Gosh this rings true.

I can see it now come summer. "No top four and bills still need to be paid".

We make top four and it's "no league title bills still need to be paid".

We win the league and it's "no need to strengthen we just won the league ffs".
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #32833: Mar 24, 2023 06:46:51 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,689 posts | 3363 
      Reply #32834: Mar 24, 2023 08:29:34 am

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Itā€™s like twatter

Thatā€™s the sort of sh*te that Corbally and his crew post and then all those bedwetters mainly from foreign lands jump up and down demanding protests 😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32835: Mar 24, 2023 10:18:25 am
      Unless they can save and sell the bodily fluids from Bellingham to finance his move it aint happening. Not a penny will be spent unless it is to add value to their investment. I have the FSG mole on block so I cant read his reply but I can guess its calling out people from a far wanting protests and Twitter who he himself uses and promotes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32836: Mar 24, 2023 10:36:07 am
      Unless they can save and sell the bodily fluids from Bellingham to finance his move it aint happening. Not a penny will be spent unless it is to add value to their investment. I have the FSG mole on block so I cant read his reply but I can guess its calling out people from a far wanting protests and Twitter who he himself uses and promotes.

Iā€™ll ask you same question I asked Pete  ( HR) but heā€™s yet to replyā€¦

If passed budgets for your transfers are anything to go by letā€™s presumably say you have Ā£150 million to spend in the summer transfer window.

Would you (1) like to spend it on  Bellingham or (2) try and buy 2 or 3 players?

Obviously thatā€™s based on alleged reports it might cost up to 150 million to buy  Bellingham, personally I donā€™t think he will be that much but thatā€™s another story..
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #32837: Mar 24, 2023 11:06:14 am
      I'm not even convinced on buying Bellingham at all. I was on Belly watch last night. OK he's a talent and has a big future. I just don't see that he's that big an influence on games.

Similar stuff about Sancho when he was at Borussia Dortmund. He cost circa Ā£80m. Belly will go a lot higher. Not convinced.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1645 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32838: Mar 24, 2023 11:18:56 am
      Looks like FSG are going nowhere and we're stuck with their now failed model, like a ball and chain weighing us down.
      We'll probably have to sell Jota and Kelleher and few others to fund players they should've bought last summer and even before.
      That's in addition to guys leaving on a free we should've sold for a few bob years ago like AOC and Keita.
      Season already over, and after multiple windows of not doing enough, will need something very special to happen this summer to get us properly challenging again. And won't be holding my breath on that.
      Am not getting younger and the thought of years more of selling Peter to pay F***ing Paul under these misers is depressing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32839: Mar 24, 2023 12:13:34 pm
      Looks like FSG are going nowhere and we're stuck with their now failed model, like a ball and chain weighing us down.
      We'll probably have to sell Jota and Kelleher and few others to fund players they should've bought last summer and even before.
      That's in addition to guys leaving on a free we should've sold for a few bob years ago like AOC and Keita.
      Season already over, and after multiple windows of not doing enough, will need something very special to happen this summer to get us properly challenging again. And won't be holding my breath on that.
      Am not getting younger and the thought of years more of selling Peter to pay F***ing Paul under these misers is depressing.

The future is indeed grim under the market players!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32840: Mar 24, 2023 12:19:24 pm
      Iā€™ll ask you same question I asked Pete  ( HR) but heā€™s yet to replyā€¦

If passed budgets for your transfers are anything to go by letā€™s presumably say you have Ā£150 million to spend in the summer transfer window.

Would you (1) like to spend it on  Bellingham or (2) try and buy 2 or 3 players?

Obviously thatā€™s based on alleged reports it might cost up to 150 million to buy  Bellingham, personally I donā€™t think he will be that much but thatā€™s another story..

The sensible answer is two players, but those two players would have to be high Enders, two decent players do not make up one potential worldy, IE; Ox & Naby could never make up a Steven Gerrard would they  ?

Iā€™m not too enamoured by the frugality of FSG, but then itā€™s their frugality that has kept us as clean as a preacherā€™s sheets for nigh on 14 years, their tight arsed mantra kind of worked pre covid, but we all know that financial goalposts were dug up and shifted thanks the likes of Chavs and your noisy neighbours, so the FSG model has become as useful as tits on a fish !!

FSG, or JW & Co are very clever and astute business men, they know exactly what is required to get us back on track, but the miserable Cnuts refuse to dig deep and prefer to just fondle their balls rather than reach for their ultra inflated cheque book,

For me though this is a defining transfer window for them, it will tell us uncategorically exactly what their ambitions are for us going forward, Iā€™m not saying unless we spend north of Ā£200m this summer FSG should F**k off, Iā€™m just looking for them to back JĆ¼rgen and provide the financial clout that will see us at least be dining at the top table,

If thatā€™s too much to ask of them then for sure they should indeed F**k off, and keep F***ing off, back to Boston, their obviously not the kind of owners who will spend just for the sake of it, and they have a manager who is happy to work within their module, but that will only work if all the components are top of their game, and we have ample back up in terms of quality, only a third of this squad can live up to those parameters, and that simply isnā€™t good enough,

I canā€™t imagine JĆ¼rgen taking up arms against JW & Co, but even he would be asking Qā€™s if this summer turns out to a bit of a damp squib, jeez, heā€™s already performed miracles working on a shoestring budget, another thing they need to consider isā€¦.If FSG canā€™t/wonā€™t match the ambitions of JĆ¼rgen I think JĆ¼rgen will walk before his current deal ends, only three seasons from now, not to far away is it ?

Truth is no f**ker knows what happens/happening behind the scenes, except those directly concerned, we can all speculate and talk Bollocks over and over, their (FSG) testing the waters theory has come from somewhere, so selling or part selling has obviously crossed their minds, in short someone has lit a fire under JWā€™s arse, enough for him to at least consider his options, we of course will be the last to know if anything substantial should evolve, one thing though, it has to happen very soon if itā€™s going to happen at all, only two months of this fu**ed up campaign left to run, i imagine by then we should be a bit more wiser , not holding my breath tho ??

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32841: Mar 24, 2023 12:26:54 pm
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Itā€™s like twatter

Thatā€™s the sort of sh*te that Corbally and his crew post and then all those bedwetters mainly from foreign lands jump up and down demanding protests 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's a F***ing cracker from you nobby!

Replying to someone who isn't even on the forum and absurdly commenting on foreigners who soil bed linen while leaping around like dervishes.

Have a lie down lad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,689 posts | 3363 
      Reply #32842: Mar 24, 2023 12:56:13 pm

The sensible answer is two players, but those two players would have to be high Enders, two decent players do not make up one potential worldy, IE; Ox & Naby could never make up a Steven Gerrard would they  ?

Iā€™m not too enamoured by the frugality of FSG, but then itā€™s their frugality that has kept us as clean as a preacherā€™s sheets for nigh on 14 years, their tight arsed mantra kind of worked pre covid, but we all know that financial goalposts were dug up and shifted thanks the likes of Chavs and your noisy neighbours, so the FSG model has become as useful as tits on a fish !!

FSG, or JW & Co are very clever and astute business men, they know exactly what is required to get us back on track, but the miserable Cnuts refuse to dig deep and prefer to just fondle their balls rather than reach for their ultra inflated cheque book,

For me though this is a defining transfer window for them, it will tell us uncategorically exactly what their ambitions are for us going forward, Iā€™m not saying unless we spend north of Ā£200m this summer FSG should f**k off, Iā€™m just looking for them to back JĆ¼rgen and provide the financial clout that will see us at least be dining at the top table,

If thatā€™s too much to ask of them then for sure they should indeed f**k off, and keep f**king off, back to Boston, their obviously not the kind of owners who will spend just for the sake of it, and they have a manager who is happy to work within their module, but that will only work if all the components are top of their game, and we have ample back up in terms of quality, only a third of this squad can live up to those parameters, and that simply isnā€™t good enough,

I canā€™t imagine JĆ¼rgen taking up arms against JW & Co, but even he would be asking Qā€™s if this summer turns out to a bit of a damp squib, jeez, heā€™s already performed miracles working on a shoestring budget, another thing they need to consider isā€¦.If FSG canā€™t/wonā€™t match the ambitions of JĆ¼rgen I think JĆ¼rgen will walk before his current deal ends, only three seasons from now, not to far away is it ?

Truth is no f**ker knows what happens/happening behind the scenes, except those directly concerned, we can all speculate and talk Bollocks over and over, their (FSG) testing the waters theory has come from somewhere, so selling or part selling has obviously crossed their minds, in short someone has lit a fire under JWā€™s arse, enough for him to at least consider his options, we of course will be the last to know if anything substantial should evolve, one thing though, it has to happen very soon if itā€™s going to happen at all, only two months of this fu**ed up campaign left to run, i imagine by then we should be a bit more wiser , not holding my breath tho ??

Football has got to a very poor state if we are in the position that to bring in players needs a billionaire or bunch of billionaires to use their own cash to buy the players

As a club over the last couple of seasons they have worked to bring things in that will improve the level of money that can be spent

New stands , new commercials all add up but to get to that level means paying some bills etc. A bit like what Arsenal did when they moved stadiums

When itā€™s all done and dusted itā€™s going to around Ā£70-100mil stand-alone income that can be used to bring players in - plus any player sales on top of that

That should imo be enough to bring in quality players each season

But if football has hit that barrier now where any club that wants to be successful and bring in players must spend beyond what they make and any losses must be soaked up by someoneā€™s personal cash then the sport is fecked. It will become about which club has the richest owner.

The sooner the governing bodies sort their lives out and restrict the amount a club can lose each year and actually Police it the better and also include wage caps etc.

The whole sport is not sustainable and itā€™s will implode on itself
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32843: Mar 24, 2023 01:42:48 pm

For me though this is a defining transfer window for them, it will tell us uncategorically exactly what their ambitions are for us going forward, Iā€™m not saying unless we spend north of Ā£200m this summer FSG should f**k off, Iā€™m just looking for them to back JĆ¼rgen and provide the financial clout that will see us at least be dining at the top table,

If thatā€™s too much to ask of them then for sure they should indeed f**k off, and keep f**king off, back to Boston, their obviously not the kind of owners who will spend just for the sake of it, and they have a manager who is happy to work within their module, but that will only work if all the components are top of their game, and we have ample back up in terms of quality, only a third of this squad can live up to those parameters, and that simply isnā€™t good enough,

Actually enjoyed reading all that Billy. If I was one of you lot! not  sure I could put it better as itā€™s spot on. Bit sad when an oily  ( hopefully) manc  thinks like you do.  ;D

As good as we all know Bellingham is 2/3 players for 150 million would improve your side more than one alleged player that may cost up to 150 million. 

If what we believe by social media true and letā€™s be honest most of it bullshit anyway then if your entire budget goes on  Bellingham it wonā€™t be enough of an improvement for next year.  So as a manc it will be a bitter sweet pill if us lot donā€™t get him.    ;D

Quick Reply