Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756687 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32867: Mar 24, 2023 08:04:51 pm
      Yet the feeling on the ground is we'll get one cm and told the current crop just need a proper pre season

Yeah Henderson will be running like a thorough bred a year older, Thiago will no longer be injury prone and looks like we have the capacity to grow bionic legs for Fabinho 😁

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #32868: Mar 24, 2023 08:06:16 pm
      As I was in the pub skimming these , I did read this wrong
      The builds are paying for themselves with the extra income gained from them paying for it.
      Took it as you meant them as in fsg , but I won’t shut it same as you won’t ,
      As you just stated it’s their money to do as they see fit , nailed it one there .
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #32869: Mar 24, 2023 08:12:54 pm
      This new stand you mention are you implying the owners coughed for that , they may have had the foresight to increase their asset as we are , but they havnt put a penny of their own into it , and before you say they lent the club money , we won’t travel that road again as all they done was lend their own asset money and then get someone else to pay it back .

That's all true but two things you fail to mention are:

1) This is normal business practice for the owners of a professional sports club.
      2) We will continue to recoup the benefits of things like the expansion to the ground long after FSG have left ... it would be so much easier for them to do what Man Utd have done - throw money at questionable signings to keep fans happy - but they have invested in the long-term sustainability of the football club.

Having said that, I do think there needed to have been much more investment in players over the past few years ... but when we're criticising them there does need to be acknowledgment that in terms of the business side of the football club it is in a vastly healthier place now than it was when they found it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32870: Mar 24, 2023 08:14:50 pm
      As I was in the pub skimming these , I did read this wrong
      The builds are paying for themselves with the extra income gained from them paying for it.
      Took it as you meant them as in fsg , but I won’t shut it same as you won’t ,
      As you just stated it’s their money to do as they see fit , nailed it one there .

That was exactly my point - the builds will pay for themselves and then once paid off the extra income will be in the club , the thing with the loans and also credit line there is no regular payments etc and the club can pay whenever etc so this season they may not pay anything

And yes it is their money etc and they decided to keep it all in the club.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #32871: Mar 24, 2023 08:31:57 pm
      That's all true but two things you fail to mention are:

1) This is normal business practice for the owners of a professional sports club.
      2) We will continue to recoup the benefits of things like the expansion to the ground long after FSG have left ... it would be so much easier for them to do what Man Utd have done - throw money at questionable signings to keep fans happy - but they have invested in the long-term sustainability of the football club.

Having said that, I do think there needed to have been much more investment in players over the past few years ... but when we're criticising them there does need to be acknowledgment that in terms of the business side of the football club it is in a vastly healthier place now than it was when they found it

I’m fine with that as you say we will benefit for years after , all I’ve ever said was there should have been more help on the player front , that’s it for me that’s the whole crux of the matter at hand .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32872: Mar 24, 2023 09:29:42 pm
      there is no business "side" there is football and there is business they are not mutally compatible   there fore worshiping a trading statement or balance sheet doesnt bring success it promises success tomorrow but it never comes. They should kiss Jürgen's ass every time they see him because without him they would be in big big trouble.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32873: Mar 24, 2023 10:23:38 pm
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s like twatter

That’s the sort of sh*te that Corbally and his crew post and then all those bedwetters mainly from foreign lands jump up and down demanding protests 😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂

You're from a Foreign Land lad, you are from Boston! U w**ker!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32874: Mar 24, 2023 10:50:11 pm

Nope 🤷‍♂️

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #32875: Mar 24, 2023 11:22:47 pm

:lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #32876: Mar 24, 2023 11:42:14 pm

good one, I am going to wet myself!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32877: Mar 25, 2023 09:33:10 am

Actually enjoyed reading all that Billy. If I was one of you lot! not  sure I could put it better as it’s spot on. Bit sad when an oily  ( hopefully) manc  thinks like you do.  ;D

As good as we all know Bellingham is 2/3 players for 150 million would improve your side more than one alleged player that may cost up to 150 million. 

If what we believe by social media true and let’s be honest most of it bullshit anyway then if your entire budget goes on  Bellingham it won’t be enough of an improvement for next year.  So as a manc it will be a bitter sweet pill if us lot don’t get him.    ;D

You think like I do cos we’re a couple of old cnuts that can sometimes use a bit of common sense now and then, ignore all the bullshit twitter twaddle and perhaps even see eye to eye, even if it’s completely clear that you’re still a dirty scummy fuckpig Manc 😁

I think we will land Jude, and I also think we’ll see one or two other marquee signings, don’t ask me how or why, I just feel it’s what needs to happen, and same as when we needed to bring in a VvD and a Allison Becker FSG came up trumps,

This time though we don’t have the £142m of beer tokens to facilitate the deals so JW & Co will have to find it elsewhere, again don’t ask me how or why no f**ker knows that except those in Boston,

Chancellor of the exchequer Lallana explains how well we’ve been run by FSG since 2010, and to be fair they have certainly come up trump’s with bricks & mortar, however bricks & mortar doesn’t score you goals, they don’t make us play world class football etc etc, it may or may not allow us to spend a little more each transfer window but after 13 years of custodianship our net spending is that of a mid table mediocre entity akin to your scummy lot before Fergie had his first sh*t at your toilet, that’s old hat now and so much has changed since then obviously but from one old wise cnut to another I think you’ll get my drift ,

Football works cyclically as you well know, what goes around and all that, but even that has been broken now with the oily lot buying up all the titles & tin, and now it looks like the Scummy fuckpigs of Newton Heath will be joining them, another nail in the coffin of graft over dollars!!

We will soldier on as usual, we always do, we will be back better than before, the rebuild has begun and it may take a season or two, and we have a certain Jürgen Klopp who always delivers!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32878: Mar 25, 2023 01:50:38 pm

Football works cyclically as you well know, what goes around and all that, but even that has been broken now with the oily lot buying up all the titles & tin, and now it looks like the Scummy fuckpigs of Newton Heath will be joining them, another nail in the coffin of graft over dollars!!

We will soldier on as usual, we always do, we will be back better than before, the rebuild has begun and it may take a season or two, and we have a certain Jürgen Klopp who always delivers!!

It’s about keeping up with the times and all though it’s certainly not ideal joining the oily rags of the trade but needs must to put us back on the map. ( hopefully )

Many said United wouldn’t be back for years but off to a promising start under ETH. Long way to go and if this sale does go through I’ll be one happy oily manc.  :lmao:

It will be nice watching you lot go through what I have the last few years.  ;D But yeah, you will be back, like you said it works in cycles but don’t come back to soon, let me rub some salt in like you lot have done with me for the last 5/6 years.  ;D
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #32879: Mar 25, 2023 07:29:46 pm

Hes like when the PM of the day gets one of the cabinet to do the media rounds defending the party line after the sh*t has hit the fan.

Literally willing to comment on every criticism of them with some form of counter argument.

Odd stuff 🤷‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32880: Mar 25, 2023 07:34:03 pm
      Hes like when the PM of the day gets one of the cabinet to do the media rounds defending the party line after the sh*t has hit the fan.

Literally willing to comment on every criticism of them with some form of counter argument.

Odd stuff 🤷‍♂️

There was no counter argument to the post/picture because it was a load of false nonsense
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32881: Mar 25, 2023 09:49:00 pm

think its Cheshire but same applies. just post something on here and put your stop watch on to see how long it takes the muppet to reply he is one of the attack Dogs there are three of them who worship FSG and have their personal shrine to JWH
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32882: Mar 25, 2023 10:29:50 pm

Odd stuff 🤷‍♂️

Agreed, just find it weird myself.

Just doesn't feel right that we can all bag FSG and rightfully so, but the first person to comment and stick up for them, is always LIP.

Just as weird as a Manc being on here!   :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #32883: Mar 26, 2023 12:59:37 am
      I or anyone think something negative about FSG, cue Lallana who hasn't played for years here coming in and bum licking for what reason? What could this person actually gain from policing this thread I wonder. I'm sick to death of all the excuses and reasons or whatever, get the money out knobheads. Klopp isn't here forever and then what who is the next manager and why would he be able to do wonders with these meff billionaires?!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32884: Mar 26, 2023 08:56:18 am
      Agreed, just find it weird myself.

Just doesn't feel right that we can all bag FSG and rightfully so, but the first person to comment and stick up for them, is always LIP.

Just as weird as a Manc being on here!   :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

:lmao: Just admit you all love me, well nearly all  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #32885: Mar 26, 2023 09:13:49 am
      I’m fine with that as you say we will benefit for years after , all I’ve ever said was there should have been more help on the player front , that’s it for me that’s the whole crux of the matter at hand .

They are sticking to their plan of not putting a penny into the club which is fair enough but it’s clear that their insistence the club pays back the building loans has hampered the club big time in terms of financial power in the transfer market.

Infrastructure is somewhere FFP doesn’t apply, the fact that FSG didn’t shift from their policy in this area is a major disappointment in their ownership of the club for me.

No broken promises yes but it’s a policy that has cost us now on the pitch as we’ve not had the money to future plan.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32886: Mar 26, 2023 10:56:39 am
      They are sticking to their plan of not putting a penny into the club which is fair enough but it’s clear that their insistence the club pays back the building loans has hampered the club big time in terms of financial power in the transfer market.

Infrastructure is somewhere FFP doesn’t apply, the fact that FSG didn’t shift from their policy in this area is a major disappointment in their ownership of the club for me.

No broken promises yes but it’s a policy that has cost us now on the pitch as we’ve not had the money to future plan.

Well I would say there's been a broken promise. They said we will compete with anyone and now it's "we've got bills to pay".
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32887: Mar 26, 2023 11:04:34 am

Looking at the loan repayments for the main stand they are irregular, it appears to be a pay when there is money there to pay. Last year we paid around £70mil , there was no repayments over the Covid period and there was just £10mil the year before.

So doesn’t seem to be a rush to pay it off - which is why I think there won’t any big repayments this financial year

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #32888: Mar 26, 2023 06:04:00 pm
      Looking at the loan repayments for the main stand they are irregular, it appears to be a pay when there is money there to pay. Last year we paid around £70mil , there was no repayments over the Covid period and there was just £10mil the year before.

Who did the club borrow money from to build the main stand and Anfield Rd? Is it from FSG parent company, a bank or someone else?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32889: Mar 26, 2023 06:15:07 pm
      Who did the club borrow money from to build the main stand and Anfield Rd? Is it from FSG parent company, a bank or someone else?

For the main stand FSG took out a loan in the US and then used that money

For the Anny Road it’s from the clubs credit line.

Quick Reply