Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643261 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32936: Mar 31, 2023 01:19:03 pm
      I'll leave it to you to point out the f**k ups!

Yes we are all aware of those mistakes the owners did 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

But they arenā€™t what you are crying about
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32937: Mar 31, 2023 01:58:11 pm
      I think it's good to just ask yourself one question.

Has following the club been more enjoyable or less enjoyable since FSG took over?

I challenge anyone to say they haven't had one of the most enjoyable periods supporting the club whilst they've been in charge.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32938: Mar 31, 2023 01:59:53 pm

Has following the club been more enjoyable or less enjoyable since FSG took over?

I challenge anyone to say they haven't had one of the most enjoyable periods supporting the club whilst they've been in charge.

Itā€™s up there with the likes of the Kenny years
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #32939: Mar 31, 2023 02:04:15 pm
      FSG have not responded ā€˜as far as you are aware.ā€™
      No doubt thereā€™s a large number of things that you are not privy to.
      Why donā€™t you wait until you have sound evidence to support your statements, and not just post what you think.
      You wouldnā€™t look so much of a dick then.

Has the midfield been sorted out?

Any manager worthy of the status and JĆ¼rgen is well qualified for that title, would have addressed our Achillies Heel long before now.

If it weren't for the footballing genius of Klopp we would be condemned to the clueless whims of the American Market players and the coming and going of managers unable to operate under their constriction.

So take your idiotic personal comment and join one of the gobs***e forums more suited to your intellect.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32940: Mar 31, 2023 02:08:36 pm

Had some good times under Houllier and Benitez, and one rollicking season under BR. I guess I don't really see the owners as the differentiating factor.

It's JĆ¼rgen has made the massive difference for me since he came in.

But anyway, cue 'well weren't FSG the ones who brought him in', and round in circles for the zillionth time we go...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32941: Mar 31, 2023 02:09:43 pm

Why donā€™t you wait until you have sound evidence to support your statements, and not just post what you think.

Pretty sure unless someone has been talking to JĆ¼rgen or FSG directly, posting what we think is the order of the day in here
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32942: Mar 31, 2023 02:10:34 pm
      Had some good times under Houllier and Benitez, and one rollicking season under BR. I guess I don't really see the owners as the differentiating factor.

It's JĆ¼rgen has made the massive difference for me since he came in.

But anyway, cue 'well weren't FSG the ones who brought him in', and round in circles for the zillionth time we go...

We didj indeed mate and remember the time under Brendan was with FSG.

For me this has been the most sustained period of success and enjoyable times since I started following the club under Kenny's first spell.

Not saying it's the only but if I look back I'm a lot happier now than when I was pre FSG.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32943: Mar 31, 2023 02:11:28 pm
      Pretty sure unless someone has been talking to JĆ¼rgen or FSG directly, posting what we think is the order of the day in here

Yep.

But posting your thoughts as actual fact makes anyone look a bit silly.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #32944: Mar 31, 2023 02:14:37 pm

Itā€™s up there with the likes of the Kenny years

You mean the manager they sacked?

Yes we are all aware of those mistakes the owners did 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

But they arenā€™t what you are crying about

A clairvoyant Internet poster!?!?
      Or a bullshitter!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32945: Mar 31, 2023 02:18:28 pm

Not saying it's the only but if I look back I'm a lot happier now than when I was pre FSG.

Yep, I mentioned BR, and that was an incredible season, I enjoyed it hugely - but we fell short again and that was gutting.

JĆ¼rgen brought us to a different level entirely. 
      Take him out of the equation and FSG might not even still be here now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #32946: Mar 31, 2023 02:18:49 pm

Till Klopp came along, I don't think anyone would class it as enjoyable. Once Klopp arrived, emphatically yes. Towards the end of last season and this season though, frustrating is the best word I can think of. The owners have been adequate. If you are taking into account multiple factors like connection to the club/city they rank very low. On stewarding the club financially they've done really well, although I would counter that's partly because they are risk averse and see us more as a financial holding than something of sentimental ownership. So they've done well to right our shop financially and provide financial stability where there wasn't much before. Problem is, they made the statement "we will compete financially with anyone" (paraphrased of course but we all remember it being said) and that's not patently true. And before people start whining about FFP and everything else...no one held a gun their head to buy the club and make those assertions. They made them of their own free will so that's the standard they should be held to. At this point, on the pitch, no we cannot compete financially with anyone. We can almost compete competitively because of JĆ¼rgen Klopp. He's been our equalizer. If he was gone, I don't really want to think about what happens.

I was mostly ok with that for years, but as of late, I just don't like the vibe resonates from FSG. There always seems to be some nuance or excuse for things they do or don't do, they are never in the city or at matches (at least I've not seen evidence of it, granted I'm never there either), I'm probably spoiled by watching the Wrexham documentary. Oh what I wouldn't give to have owners like they do, that are invested and are willing to throw a little caution to the wind because they have fell in love with the club, city and supporters. I don't think it's too much to ask to have that here. And in the meantime, yes, FSG are "safe" owners in that the club isn't going to go under or be driven into deep debt...but we also may end up languishing again should JĆ¼rgen decide he's had enough...and I wouldn't be surprised if all these rumblings about a sale are because FSG know when he goes, they need to go or the value of their investment will start to drop. So they are starting their exit strategy now. Just my own hair brained thoughts. Take them or leave them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32947: Mar 31, 2023 02:21:39 pm
      You mean the manager they sacked?

A clairvoyant Internet poster!?!?
      Or a bullshitter!

Yes the manager they sacked after we spent a lot of money and ended up being 8th after losing 14 games the season after we finished 6th

The same Kenny that clearly didnā€™t have an issue he came back to work under them again.

Not sure what Iā€™m bullshitting about but you just appear to be crying about signings and them not spending their own money and to back it up you have made up scenarios in your head
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32948: Mar 31, 2023 02:27:21 pm
      Yep, I mentioned BR, and that was an incredible season, I enjoyed it hugely - but we fell short again and that was gutting.

JĆ¼rgen brought us to a different level entirely. 
      Take him out of the equation and FSG might not even still be here now.

Everything still has to in place for a manager to do the job though no matter how good they are

The owners clearly had an idea of how they want the club to run and brought in the people they feel is best to do that - on the football side they lean on the likes of Ayre , Comolli , Edwards and Ward over the years

Whilst the appointment of Klopp was key imo so was the likes of Edwards to run the football side of the club
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32949: Mar 31, 2023 02:35:52 pm
      Has the midfield been sorted out?

Any manager worthy of the status and JĆ¼rgen is well qualified for that title, would have addressed our Achillies Heel long before now.

If it weren't for the footballing genius of Klopp we would be condemned to the clueless whims of the American Market players and the coming and going of managers unable to operate under their constriction.

So take your idiotic personal comment and join one of the gobs***e forums more suited to your intellect.

Despite your abuse Stuey, you still have no evidence to support your claims. Or does being aggressive and abusive somehow make you right ?

I think on that evidence it may be you who's lacking intellect. ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32950: Mar 31, 2023 03:53:05 pm

As good as itā€™s been the high points , I donā€™t think anything or anyone will come close to Sir Bobs era for excitement and thrills , I do think mind you had the purse strings not been as short , JĆ¼rgen could have pushed it all the way , I do think without him performing miracles with this team the owners would be coming under a lot more pressure than they currently are , you only get a jewel like Klopp every so often a man that breathes red , to not back him to the hilt in my mind is pure madness , unless of course your not that bothered about the trophys just the increments in the brands worth .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32951: Mar 31, 2023 03:54:44 pm
      Two facts for those who really refuse to accept the reality of the situation.
      Number one without JĆ¼rgen Klopp we would almost definitely be in a different era and not a successful one.
      Number two FSG only invest to increase the Value of their asset and have no interest in football the City or winning Silverware.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32952: Mar 31, 2023 04:03:06 pm
      As good as itā€™s been the high points , I donā€™t think anything or anyone will come close to Sir Bobs era for excitement and thrills , I do think mind you had the purse strings not been as short , JĆ¼rgen could have pushed it all the way , I do think without him performing miracles with this team the owners would be coming under a lot more pressure than they currently are , you only get a jewel like Klopp every so often a man that breathes red , to not back him to the hilt in my mind is pure madness , unless of course your not that bothered about the trophys just the increments in the brands worth .

Imo people throw around statements about lack of backing meaning we didnā€™t win more and manager performing ā€œmiraclesā€ isnā€™t really true and Iā€™m not sure why they keep getting said

Itā€™s not a miracle that the club recruited some of the best players in the world

Alisson
      VVD
      Robbo
      Mane
      Mo
      Bobby etc

A front three not bettered in the world

It wasnā€™t a ā€œmiracleā€ - it was fecking good recruitment to bring in the players rhe manager needed to fit the system he wanted to play

We have been beaten to the league by - single point twice getting 92 and 97 points , we didnā€™t lose those titles because of the manager not being backed to the hilt - we lost them by fine margins based on very small incidents in a number of games

Even last season it was the same - it wasnā€™t down to money spent. Same when it came to the CL - a worldie performance from their Keeper and a lose on concentration from one player

Small fine margins that stopped us winning two further titles and another CL in the past 5 seasons - not down to spending money. The manager has been backed to the full level of funds that the club can afford
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2023 04:12:09 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32953: Mar 31, 2023 04:07:35 pm
      Two facts for those who really refuse to accept the reality of the situation.
      Number one without JĆ¼rgen Klopp we would almost definitely be in a different era and not a successful one.
      Number two FSG only invest to increase the Value of their asset and have no interest in football the City or winning Silverware.

Some facts for you - itā€™s not all down to Klopp

And the second statement you made is not a fact itā€™s an opinion.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32954: Mar 31, 2023 04:39:49 pm

Imo people throw around statements about lack of backing meaning we didnā€™t win more and manager performing ā€œmiraclesā€ isnā€™t really true and Iā€™m not sure why they keep getting said

Itā€™s not a miracle that the club recruited some of the best players in the world

Alisson
      VVD
      Robbo
      Mane
      Mo
      Bobby etc

A front three not bettered in the world

It wasnā€™t a ā€œmiracleā€ - it was fecking good recruitment to bring in the players rhe manager needed to fit the system he wanted to play

We have been beaten to the league by - single point twice getting 92 and 97 points , we didnā€™t lose those titles because of the manager not being backed to the hilt - we lost them by fine margins based on very small incidents in a number of games

Even last season it was the same - it wasnā€™t down to money spent. Same when it came to the CL - a worldie performance from their Keeper and a lose on concentration from one player

Small fine margins that stopped us winning two further titles and another CL in the past 5 seasons - not down to spending money. The manager has been backed to the full level of funds that the club can afford
      You can believe what you just wrote , dosent make your opinion right same as mine , I believe they havnt backed him fully you believe they have your entitled to your opinion  same as I am , I believe heā€™s worked miracles you seemingly donā€™t Iā€™ve not problem with you thinking that , I believe had he been robustly backed we would have won some of them fine Marvin games , it was games where he had to really shuffle the pack against so called smaller teams that cost us the league , itā€™s quite simple really .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32955: Mar 31, 2023 04:51:08 pm
      You can believe what you just wrote , dosent make your opinion right same as mine , I believe they havnt backed him fully you believe they have your entitled to your opinion  same as I am , I believe heā€™s worked miracles you seemingly donā€™t Iā€™ve not problem with you thinking that , I believe had he been robustly backed we would have won some of them fine Marvin games , it was games where he had to really shuffle the pack against so called smaller teams that cost us the league , itā€™s quite simple really .

We lost twice last season. 

West Ham and Leicester

Both games we played with most of the main squad bar Bobby

Brentford - draw , had everyone available bar Thiago

Brighton - draw , missing Fabinho

We also drew with Chelsea and City twice with full strength teams

The one game were we had to bring in a young player was when we were without - Henderson , Fabinho , Thiago against Spurs away and got a draw despite the fact we should have got a penalty

So going by the results it doesnā€™t really stack up with shuffling pack against smaller teams

That referee giving us a clear penalty would have given us two more points

But nothing is ever black and white
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2023 04:56:47 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32956: Mar 31, 2023 06:56:23 pm

We lost twice last season. 

West Ham and Leicester

Both games we played with most of the main squad bar Bobby

Brentford - draw , had everyone available bar Thiago

Brighton - draw , missing Fabinho

We also drew with Chelsea and City twice with full strength teams

The one game were we had to bring in a young player was when we were without - Henderson , Fabinho , Thiago against Spurs away and got a draw despite the fact we should have got a penalty

So going by the results it doesnā€™t really stack up with shuffling pack against smaller teams

That referee giving us a clear penalty would have given us two more points

But nothing is ever black and white

See what u did there took a snapshot of a near perfect seaso in which we totally ran out of gas , if that suits your agenda fine , why did the good players run out of gas ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32957: Mar 31, 2023 07:06:23 pm
      See what u did there took a snapshot of a near perfect seaso in which we totally ran out of gas , if that suits your agenda fine , why did the good players run out of gas ?

Run out of gas ?!

We finished the league on a run unbeaten from the end of December with 14 wins and 2 draws.

They didnā€™t ā€œrun out of gasā€

And you stated that we lost the league because of games where we shuffled the pack when it was clearer not the case

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32958: Mar 31, 2023 07:29:25 pm
      Run out of gas ?!

We finished the league on a run unbeaten from the end of December with 14 wins and 2 draws.

They didnā€™t ā€œrun out of gasā€

And you stated that we lost the league because of games where we shuffled the pack when it was clearer not the case

Where did I mention just last season I said he hasnā€™t been properly backed during their reign , so u think we didnā€™t run out of gas , deluded wasnā€™t just about the league look how our goals for went down

Quick Reply