Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795415 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33488: Jun 21, 2023 09:06:15 pm
      1. He will learn from the mistakes of last summer

2. Yes I believe we will have a squad that will challenge again

(1) Mistakes? Not sure ( well very much sure ) Klopp couldnā€™t have done much about it given the circumstances of the year before and not having enough money to spend in the market for last year. What mistakes did you have Klopp making?

(2) I always hold my judgement on any predictions till transfer window over myself but so far youā€™re fighting for the same as us, top 4. Obviously think we can both compete for the cup runs though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33489: Jun 22, 2023 01:30:05 am
      We will 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø we get the funds every single year from it

When you say 'We"

Do u mean We as in Liverpool or as in We - which is you, Linda and the rest of your NESV mob?

I'm so convinced you are JWH in disguise.

Am sure I have not seen you two in the same room at the same time , together!  :f_tongueincheek:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33490: Jun 22, 2023 09:20:52 am
      When you say 'We"

Do u mean We as in Liverpool or as in We - which is you, Linda and the rest of your NESV mob?

I'm so convinced you are JWH in disguise.

Am sure I have not seen you two in the same room at the same time , together!  :f_tongueincheek:

Yep Iā€™m Henry - an asset rich multibillionaire
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33491: Jun 22, 2023 10:13:27 am

Many will probably believe that Pj. 😂
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #33492: Jun 22, 2023 10:32:21 am
      More likely Spartacus!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33493: Jun 22, 2023 10:58:29 am

Oh I have no doubt 😂
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #33494: Jun 22, 2023 11:09:10 am
      FSG partner steps down from board before potential Liverpool showdown
      One of Fenway Sports Groupā€™s most significant partners has stepped down from the board of directors at French side Toulouse ahead of next seasonā€™s Champions League.

Gerry Cardinale, founder and managing partner of New York-based investment firm RedBird Capital Partners, has removed himself from the board at the Ligue 1 side as part of a series of measures to create clear separation between Toulouse and another RedBird-owned side, AC Milan, which they acquired last year.

Toulouse booked their place in the Europa League next season, where they could end up meeting Liverpool, by virtue of winning the French Cup last season. It is the first time that the club, whose president is former Liverpool sporting director Damien Comolli, will have played in European competition since the 2007/08 season.

But with AC Milan having qualified for the Champions League next season there has been concern that the two sides being owned by the same firm could cause serious problems for the French clubā€™s European ambitions. Article 5 of the UEFA regulations prohibits two clubs owned by the same shareholder from participating in the same European competition. While Toulouse and Milan will play in different tournaments the risk exists that should the Italian side exit the Champions League early then they would drop into the Europa League, potentially creating a scenario where the two teams play each other.

That has required some movement at board level, with the stepping down by Cardinale the first of a likely series of moves that RedBird hope will satisfy UEFA around any concerns they may have over a conflict of interest.

There is a precedent for such changes, as was seen by the Red Bull owned sides RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg in 2017, when both sides were to meet each other in the Champions League. That particular impasse was resolved through changes to shareholder agreements, the removal of some linked personnel at board level with decisive influence. The Red Bull issue was more pointed given that there were a number of issues such as similar club branding, high levels of income from Red Bull sponsorship deals, a formal cooperation agreement and unusually high levels of player loans and transfers. Both AC Milan and Toulouse have thus far operated independently of one another, with no sponsorship crossover or cooperation agreements in place, with the hope being that a resolution will be able to be found swiftly to preserve the status of both clubs in UEFA competition this year.

RedBird acquired 11 per cent of Liverpool owners FSG back in March 2021 in a $750m deal. There is, however, no issue related to Liverpool with regards to any conflict of interest given that RedBird have an indirect stake in the Reds through FSG and no RedBird personnel hold a place on the board of directors at the football club.
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-partner-liverpool-board-showdown-27167862

Probably nothing noteworthy and even less to do with us as a club but hopefully it'll give you all something else to bicker over.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33495: Jun 22, 2023 08:21:25 pm
      Seen something on the BBC football site saying our owners where something like 17th in spending table shock eh?
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #33496: Jun 22, 2023 10:59:29 pm
      Stingebags, get a manager who every club in the world would want and give him monkey nuts every now and again. I'm not forgetting, it seems many are getting all soft in their attitude towards FSG when they need to get the money out more than ever, we need midfielders and defenders or next season will be a whole or nearly year of miserable football, while one year ticks down from Klopp being here.
      Their 'asset' has grown ten fold (LFC) but they keep on not even repaying anything to the manager and fans, I detest them. they've done or not done too many things since they've been here for me to have that opinion and it takes a alot for me to detest anything or anyone.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33497: Jun 23, 2023 10:51:02 am

Henry, sell your assets. Raise cash. Deploy the cash into player acquisitions - For our entertainment and enjoyment of the upcoming season. Don't buy the players you like. Buy the players that fans want! Ignore JĆ¼rgen. Fan's happiness is the most important. We are paying the club, the squad, and paying you. So listen to your customers.

And stop arguing with fans here. Customers are always right!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33498: Jun 23, 2023 10:52:58 am
      Henry, sell your assets. Raise cash. Deploy the cash into player acquisitions - For our entertainment and enjoyment of the upcoming season. Don't buy the players you like. Buy the players that fans want! Ignore JĆ¼rgen. Fan's happiness is the most important. We are paying the club, the squad, and paying you. So listen to your customers.

On it

Will just need a list of the players the fans want 👍
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #33499: Jun 23, 2023 02:15:06 pm
      The word is FSG do not need to do a F***ing thing while the ASSET that is LFC is self sufficient and gives a steady return ad infinitum.

Without Klopp we would be fu**ed and possibly that is the only way to get shut of these market players, if JĆ¼rgen walked.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #33500: Jun 23, 2023 02:50:21 pm
      On it

Will just need a list of the players the fans want 👍

Henry buys JĆ¼rgen and fan dinner.

Henry: Guys please order.
      Fan: I want Jude Bellingham Ā£130m on the menu.
      JĆ¼rgen: Agree itā€™s my first choice. People out there know I like this and I didnā€™t deny.
      Henry: How about Mac Allister at Ā£35m. Thereā€™s an promotion. Defffo worth more than Ā£35m. A bargain. Ok letā€™s order this.

When paying the billā€¦

Henry: Hey JĆ¼rgen, do you mind selling your personal items to pay for the bill? Your ring, your glasses, your clothes, your car and all existing items which I have previously bought for you? Guys hope youā€™re enjoyed your dinner. The money for the dinner is actually there. I paid for it and youā€™re very welcome.

We love our Henryā€¦
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33501: Jun 23, 2023 04:27:14 pm

Your a knobhead thatā€™s for sure
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33502: Jun 23, 2023 06:58:41 pm
      Your a knobhead thatā€™s for sure

Lack of self awareness for you then
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 224 
      Reply #33503: Jun 24, 2023 11:26:24 am

Youā€™re living in putin land if you think klopp got the player he wants and he himself is not asking for the big buys

Itā€™s well known what klopp wanted in cm, he did not get in Jude for example being one

Fsg need to be moved on as they cannot compete in the modern environment

You have two extremes

One are the state owned clubs and cash rich billionaires who distort the game and they are considered bad

But then you have the cheap, low lives who are only here to spend as little as could be spent to increase their asset, even if it means applying for covid finance schemes when they do not need it and means sacrificing reputation, the type that would sell their soul for a dollar (think super league) the type that are spending even less then clubs from the championship ffs

Both are as bad as each other and we have the cheap version

What we need is someone in between

Fsg are not fit to run the club and itā€™s clear now

They are similar to the glazers, but their dividends are the value of the club, instead they are taking money to pay back loans from us which they should not have taken in the first place

Also the fsg defence force, my god they are becoming bad for the club, like detrimentally bad
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2023 03:08:23 pm by KeepTheFaith »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33504: Jun 24, 2023 05:19:16 pm
      Youā€™re living in putin land if you think klopp got the player he wants and he himself is not asking for the big buys

Itā€™s well known what klopp wanted in cm, he did not get in Jude for example being one

Fsg need to be moved on as they cannot compete in the modern environment

You have two extremes

One are the state owned clubs and cash rich billionaires who distort the game and they are considered bad

But then you have the cheap, low lives who are only here to spend as little as could be spent to increase their asset, even if it means applying for covid finance schemes when they do not need it and means sacrificing reputation, the type that would sell their soul for a dollar (think super league) the type that are spending even less then clubs from the championship ffs

Both are as bad as each other and we have the cheap version

What we need is someone in between

Fsg are not fit to run the club and itā€™s clear now

They are similar to the glazers, but their dividends are the value of the club, instead they are taking money to pay back loans from us which they should not have taken in the first place

Also the fsg defence force, my god they are becoming bad for the club, like detrimentally bad

What it shows to me is that some have become spoilt and entitled and appear to have this belief that itā€™s a requirement that someone must spend their own personal money buying a footballer.

It shows the changing mentality in the sport and how some canā€™t see past money

We have owners that took a club that was on its knees , in need of a massive shake up from top to bottom and inside out

Fast forward 12 years and we have prob have the best run club in the league , and whilst going against state clubs have won multiple trophies , we have had success and will continue to have success but some canā€™t see past their nose. We are doing things properly - building success through good financial management.

We arenā€™t going to spend as much as others clubs - thatā€™s life , thatā€™s how it was in 70ā€™s and and 80ā€™s when the club relied on good recruitment, coaching and management whilst continuing to work within the financial structure of the club - just like we do now.

Iā€™ll take the way the club is run now over any of the owners in the league and itā€™s embarrassing and disrespectful for someone to be calling them ā€œlow lifeā€™sā€ all because they donā€™t spend money
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 224 
      Reply #33505: Jun 24, 2023 08:39:19 pm
      What it shows to me is that some have become spoilt and entitled and appear to have this belief that itā€™s a requirement that someone must spend their own personal money buying a footballer.

It shows the changing mentality in the sport and how some canā€™t see past money

We have owners that took a club that was on its knees , in need of a massive shake up from top to bottom and inside out

Fast forward 12 years and we have prob have the best run club in the league , and whilst going against state clubs have won multiple trophies , we have had success and will continue to have success but some canā€™t see past their nose. We are doing things properly - building success through good financial management.

We arenā€™t going to spend as much as others clubs - thatā€™s life , thatā€™s how it was in 70ā€™s and and 80ā€™s when the club relied on good recruitment, coaching and management whilst continuing to work within the financial structure of the club - just like we do now.

Iā€™ll take the way the club is run now over any of the owners in the league and itā€™s embarrassing and disrespectful for someone to be calling them ā€œlow lifeā€™sā€ all because they donā€™t spend money

Itā€™s not being spoilt expecting a football owner to invest in the club they own. Guess what ? Probably all of league fckn 1 teams have had owners who invested more of their personal fortune than the owners of my beloved club

So you can take that entitlement bit and stuff it, itā€™s not being entitled that an owner does his best to maintain the competitive aspect of the club

What youā€™re failing to understand is they do not see Liverpool fc as family, they do not see it as a club that is the soul of the city. What they see is a business opportunity to make money for themselves. Itā€™s gotten so bad that getting potentially 7-8 times their investment is not good enough, they want more and are willing to let the club suffer competitive wise to get more money in their pockets

That is not the sign of a good owner

They are low lives, my example is clear, the covid scheme was designed to help businesses struggling, it takes a real low life to use tax payers money to pay wages of staff up to 80 percent or whatever it was

It takes a real low life to tell a caterer whilst we are getting over 100 million in revenue and have become billionaires due to the club, you have to accept 80 percent of your salary which whilst we can afford it, instead we will get the tax payer to pay for it

It also takes a real low life to try to sell the soul of the club in the super league

So yes, in football terms like the glazers, in my opinion they are low lifeā€™s who have no integrity

Oh guess what, remember them trying to OWN the name of Liverpool ? Yes remember that part ? They are disgusting corporate pigs for trying to own the name of the city
      A low life businessman who will do what it takes to make more money for themselves going forward

We are no way the best run club, the best run club does not have an owner who refuses to invest and tries to sell soul and reputation of the club for the dollar

They did a decent job in buying us out, then they did an amazing job in hiring klopp who then did the rest whilst the revenues grew due to tv revenue exploding

But thatā€™s all they did whilst klopp did the rest but now itā€™s catching up

The best run club also does not have owners who take loans out on the club and then using the club revenues to pay for it whilst the club becomes worse off

You are missing the point, nobody is asking for 100s of millions, what they are saying is asking for an owner who is willing to invest far less than that per year to help the club be competitive in winning titles as thatā€™s our purpose to compete

What is properly in your opinion is not mine, nor is it normal. I would say we may be one of the only clubs doing what is being done in terms of how itā€™s run.

The club is being treated as gold pot by the owners and thatā€™s it. In fact we are paying back a loan given by fsg plus interest
      Probably, so money is going out to them

The best run club is not near the bottom in the investment chart, end of story. 

Thatā€™s not in your words life, that should not be happening, itā€™s not unrealistic to expect owners to put in 15-20m per season to help their club grow. Fsg refuse to do it as they will sell the club when they get a big enough offer as they want to use Liverpool to get cash rich eventually like the glazers did

I have no issue owners not investing providing the club remains competitive and keeps investing to what is required to maintain elite competitiveness. Itā€™s clear that is not possible under fsg

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #33506: Jun 24, 2023 08:45:29 pm
      Deloitte Football Money League - clubs by revenue in 2021-22.  Why do we like to make out we are poor?

Liverpool had the third highest income of any club in Europe. 

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33507: Jun 24, 2023 08:52:41 pm
      Deloitte Football Money League - clubs by revenue in 2021-22.  Why do we like to make out we are poor?

Who has made out we are poor 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

We had an income of Ā£591mil

Outgoings of Ā£560mil

Wage bill of 2/3rds to income

People only seem to see money spend in terms of transfer fees , wage bill is always a big bill to pay

https://twitter.com/gregorypcordell/status/1671465864187592704?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

The club are not poor and not claiming to be poor but there will always be a budget - just ad every well run club has
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #33508: Jun 24, 2023 08:54:57 pm

The FSG PR machine has done an unreal job in regards to this.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 224 
      Reply #33509: Jun 24, 2023 09:02:27 pm

Like I said prior, we need an owner who is willing to add in 20-25m per season to help the club remain competitive, that is not a big ask

Apparently to the fsg defence force, itā€™s akin to asking for the Crown Jewels not realising itā€™s abnormal not having an owner investing a little bit in their own club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #33510: Jun 24, 2023 09:10:32 pm
      Itā€™s not being spoilt expecting a football owner to invest in the club they own. Guess what ? Probably all of league fckn 1 teams have had owners who invested more of their personal fortune than the owners of my beloved club

So you can take that entitlement bit and stuff it, itā€™s not being entitled that an owner does his best to maintain the competitive aspect of the club

What youā€™re failing to understand is they do not see Liverpool fc as family, they do not see it as a club that is the soul of the city. What they see is a business opportunity to make money for themselves. Itā€™s gotten so bad that getting potentially 7-8 times their investment is not good enough, they want more and are willing to let the club suffer competitive wise to get more money in their pockets

That is not the sign of a good owner

They are low lives, my example is clear, the covid scheme was designed to help businesses struggling, it takes a real low life to use tax payers money to pay wages of staff up to 80 percent or whatever it was

It takes a real low life to tell a caterer whilst we are getting over 100 million in revenue and have become billionaires due to the club, you have to accept 80 percent of your salary which whilst we can afford it, instead we will get the tax payer to pay for it

It also takes a real low life to try to sell the soul of the club in the super league

So yes, in football terms like the glazers, in my opinion they are low lifeā€™s who have no integrity

Oh guess what, remember them trying to OWN the name of Liverpool ? Yes remember that part ? They are disgusting corporate pigs for trying to own the name of the city
      A low life businessman who will do what it takes to make more money for themselves going forward

We are no way the best run club, the best run club does not have an owner who refuses to invest and tries to sell soul and reputation of the club for the dollar

They did a decent job in buying us out, then they did an amazing job in hiring klopp who then did the rest whilst the revenues grew due to tv revenue exploding

But thatā€™s all they did whilst klopp did the rest but now itā€™s catching up

The best run club also does not have owners who take loans out on the club and then using the club revenues to pay for it whilst the club becomes worse off

You are missing the point, nobody is asking for 100s of millions, what they are saying is asking for an owner who is willing to invest far less than that per year to help the club be competitive in winning titles as thatā€™s our purpose to compete

What is properly in your opinion is not mine, nor is it normal. I would say we may be one of the only clubs doing what is being done in terms of how itā€™s run.

The club is being treated as gold pot by the owners and thatā€™s it. In fact we are paying back a loan given by fsg plus interest
      Probably, so money is going out to them

The best run club is not near the bottom in the investment chart, end of story. 

Thatā€™s not in your words life, that should not be happening, itā€™s not unrealistic to expect owners to put in 15-20m per season to help their club grow. Fsg refuse to do it as they will sell the club when they get a big enough offer as they want to use Liverpool to get cash rich eventually like the glazers did

I have no issue owners not investing providing the club remains competitive and keeps investing to what is required to maintain elite competitiveness. Itā€™s clear that is not possible under fsg

Iā€™ll try and break down the rant

First a question - if a club needs to have owners constantly pumping money in each season does that not mean the club is spending beyond its means and is be definition a poorly run club

The fact that we stand on our own two feet self sufficient and have been able to win multiple trophies the very proof that the club is very well run

Itā€™s a very strange take that you see a club only  being run well if someone is having to constantly put money into it and the club spends more than  it makes. Thatā€™s a one way road to trouble without a never ending pot

Letā€™s look at the furlough scheme - the club furloughed the staff and looked at the government scheme which was open to every single business, the club lost income and any businessman would look at it - but they didnā€™t understand the feeling and instead the club paid all the staff 100% and the club took the hit on the losses.

Trademark- again they believed the club was losing out in income and revenue

ā€œThe clubā€™s trademark application came to light two months ago, with the club insisting it was purely ā€œin the context of football products and servicesā€ and to stop people benefiting from the sale of what they described as ā€œinauthentic productsā€ relating to JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s European champions.ā€

Peter Moore, the clubā€™s chief executive officer, said: ā€œIt should be stressed that our application was put forward in good faith and with the sole aim of protecting and furthering the best interests of the club and its supporters. Nevertheless, we accept the decision and the spirit in which it has been made.ā€

Again trying to get more money into the club so that more money can be spent on players etc

Super league - every top club went with it and it was clear why , the CL is no better and the soul of the club was fine when they all jumped into the Premier League. Itā€™s also very noteworthy that the new CL is doing what the super league was looking to do

There is no doubt that if it went ahead and we as a club didnā€™t go into it then we would have been left behind

A few things - the loan for stadium was not taking out against the club

Any interest for the loan is not taken by FSG and they are earning not a single cent from the loan

I think what we need to satisfy some is to bring the value of the club right down , we canā€™t have all this improvements and the people the own club benefit from the improvements

Comparing them to the Glazers is both laughable and shows a complete lack of understanding

Will finish with a simple question- do you think FSG have a big pile of cash ready for the club to spend ?

Quick Reply