Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2862235 times
      Benito and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35006: Jan 27, 2024 09:36:33 pm
      Succession of sh*te or egotistical managers is the cause of that!! Get the appointment right and the form/mentality of the players should not drop.

Looking at the list of possibles itā€™s looking like the majority of you lot want Alonso which I think will be a mistake given that heā€™s got nothing on his CV of note  yet. Weā€™ve seen over the years ex players/legends do suffer to turn round what they did on the pitch off it.

Out of the names listed I thought DeZerbi was the best choice personally. From a rivalry point of view Iā€™d be happy if  Alonso took over. Interestingly just reading the latest news Xavi leaving Barcelona at the end of the season. Are there any hidden agendas going on with this latest news? Is he a candidate that you would consider Pete?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #35007: Jan 27, 2024 09:38:37 pm
      Looking at the list of possibles itā€™s looking like the majority of you lot want Alonso which I think will be a mistake given that heā€™s got nothing on his CV of note  yet. Weā€™ve seen over the years ex players/legends do suffer to turn round what they did on the pitch off it.

Out of the names listed I thought DeZerbi was the best choice personally. From a rivalry point of view Iā€™d be happy if he took over. Interestingly just reading the latest news Xavi leaving Barcelona at the end of the season. Are there any hidden agendas going on with this latest news? Is he a candidate that you would consider Pete?

DeZerbi CV isnā€™t littered with success as well

Xabi is clearly showing to be a very clever manager

And as for Xavi - nope
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35008: Jan 27, 2024 09:43:19 pm
      DeZerbi CV isnā€™t littered with success as well

Xabi is clearly showing to be a very clever manager

And as for Xavi - nope

None of the names that have been mentioned have a glorious CV but of the names mentioned I think heā€™s the best choice. Think most of us know whoever takes the realms is certainly going to struggle, least I think so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #35009: Jan 27, 2024 09:45:14 pm
      They went after Klopp, it's why Brendan had the extra couple of months until he was binned off in October 2015.

They have to take the credit for his hiring.

Iā€™m not saying they shouldnā€™t, Iā€™m just saying itā€™s a no brainer. If Klopp is remotely available, you make a run at him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #35010: Jan 27, 2024 09:55:20 pm

Out of the names listed I thought DeZerbi was the best choice personally. From a rivalry point of view Iā€™d be happy if  Alonso took over. Interestingly just reading the latest news Xavi leaving Barcelona at the end of the season. Are there any hidden agendas going on with this latest news? Is he a candidate that you would consider Pete?

No hidden agendas Klopp feels knackered and needs a break, so he's off as the club is in a healthy place with the squad, room for the new fella to bring a couple of his faces in if whoever feels is needed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #35011: Jan 27, 2024 09:58:03 pm
      None of the names that have been mentioned have a glorious CV but of the names mentioned I think heā€™s the best choice. Think most of us know whoever takes the realms is certainly going to struggle, least I think so.

Doesn't hold the same aura with us as Xabi does, this is personal with Alonso. He's made comments previously when asked about management that he wanted to manage us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35012: Jan 27, 2024 10:00:46 pm
      No hidden agendas Klopp feels knackered and needs a break, so he's off as the club is in a healthy place with the squad, room for the new fella to bring a couple of his faces in if whoever feels is needed.

Didnā€™t mean hidden agendas re Klopp, it was meant at Xavi saying heā€™s leaving with 24 hours of Klopps announcement. As we now know Klopp told the club in November so would have been vetting candidates for a new months now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #35013: Jan 27, 2024 10:02:59 pm
      Didnā€™t mean hidden agendas re Klopp, it was meant at Xavi saying heā€™s leaving with 24 hours of Klopps announcement. As we now know Klopp told the club in November so would have been vetting candidates for a new months now.

So Klopp's off to Barca after a break :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35014: Jan 27, 2024 10:05:00 pm
      So Klopp's off to Barca after a break :laugh:

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #35015: Jan 27, 2024 10:08:54 pm

There's no rumours or nothing just you fella making 2+2=5

Overall  fans fave and bookies fave is Xabi

Xavi leaving Barca is down to them being sh*t
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,824 posts | 1409 
      Reply #35016: Jan 28, 2024 01:58:43 am
      No, but Klopp was on his sabbatical, so they had to persuade him that the project was interesting enough for him to cut it short!

Happy to be corrected, but I donā€™t believe when JĆ¼rgen was on his sabbatical he was swatting away offers from other teams. We did the ground work and got it done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35017: Jan 28, 2024 07:10:33 am
      You may not drop to the standard United have done but you will definitely see a drop in form when heā€™s gone.

f***in No sh*t Sherlock, of course there will be a drop, itā€™s why itā€™s so important we get the first choice right, FSG did their due diligence on JĆ¼rgen, thereā€™s absolutely no reason they wonā€™t be doing the same for his successor, in the interim though, we still have JĆ¼rgen until May, so even had JĆ¼rgen not decided to go, there would still possibly be a drop in form, yannoā€™s, after the ā€˜ Lord Mayorā€™sā€™ Show and all that !!

Youā€™re lot are still dropping, albeit have rallied of late, however rallying for a mid table default setting is hardly setting the world alight is it ??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      Reply #35018: Jan 28, 2024 07:17:04 am
      Fenway have outdone themselves this time making Klopp quit at the end of the season to take the attention away from the lack of Jan signings!

F**k Me, are you Mentally ill ??

Think youā€™ve outdone yourself making us believe that you actually have some f***in brain cells in that block of wood you call your head, ā€¦.

And the winner of the most dumbest post of the entire Winter season isā€¦ā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35019: Jan 28, 2024 08:12:01 am
      There's no rumours or nothing just you fella making 2+2=5

Overall  fans fave and bookies fave is Xabi

Xavi leaving Barca is down to them being sh*t

Not rumours mate, opinions. So Xabi fav now?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35020: Jan 28, 2024 08:13:48 am

f***in No sh*t Sherlock, of course there will be a drop, itā€™s why itā€™s so important we get the first choice right, FSG did their due diligence on JĆ¼rgen, thereā€™s absolutely no reason they wonā€™t be doing the same for his successor, in the interim though, we still have JĆ¼rgen until May,   so even had JĆ¼rgen not decided to go, there would still possibly be a drop in form, yannoā€™s, after the ā€˜ Lord Mayorā€™sā€™ Show and all that !!

Youā€™re lot are still dropping, albeit have rallied of late, however rallying for a mid table default setting is hardly setting the world alight is it ??

YNWA

Youā€™ll be mid table next year.    :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #35021: Jan 28, 2024 02:07:17 pm

Which are what?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35022: Jan 28, 2024 04:57:52 pm

Well! For what itā€™s worth my opinion as follows.

From what Iā€™ve seen available so far.

1st choice Robert DeZerbi

2nd Xavi

Itā€™s not worth me naming others because I think they all all guaranteed failures.

Whatā€™s your preferred option?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      Reply #35023: Jan 28, 2024 05:17:21 pm
      Youā€™ll be mid table next year.    :f_whistle:

Want Ā£50 on it ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35024: Jan 28, 2024 05:19:08 pm

:lmao: Didnā€™t you see the  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      Reply #35025: Jan 28, 2024 05:33:18 pm
      Well! For what itā€™s worth my opinion as follows.

From what Iā€™ve seen available so far.

1st choice Robert DeZerbi

2nd Xavi

Itā€™s not worth me naming others because I think they all all guaranteed failures.

Whatā€™s your preferred option?

Difficult to say for sure, however if we are to believe that FSG did their due diligence on JĆ¼rgen then we have to assume they will give the same diligence on the next fella,

Now hereā€™s where it becomes a bit of a lottery, if that is the correct analogy, now let begin by saying that the imperious work that JĆ¼rgen has instilled into the whole club, and I include the academy , I donā€™t imagine for a mini second that FSG would bring someone in who would tear up that blueprint, ā€¦

ā€¦with that in mind we have to assume that they will be seeking someone of a similar standing who will play a similar style of football and will want to nurture the potential from said academy, there arenā€™t many around who fits within these parameters, there is one fella though who does kind of stand out , who just happens to know the inner workings of our institution, has experience working at the club, is young, enthusiastic, and has a penchant for winning, can you name that fell who ticks all those boxesā€¦..I canā€¦

Hereā€™s a clue, he once scored a Penalty via a rebound in a match regarded as the greatest CL final in the history of that particular competition, he has also scored a couple of goals from the half way line which makes Beckhamā€™s look like a tap in, Can you guess who it is yet as that Dirty old b***ard Rolf used to say ??

No rocket scientists need apply !!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35026: Jan 28, 2024 05:40:14 pm

Difficult to say for sure, however if we are to believe that FSG did their due diligence on JĆ¼rgen then we have to assume they will give the same diligence on the next fella,

Now hereā€™s where it becomes a bit of a lottery, if that is the correct analogy, now let begin by saying that the imperious work that JĆ¼rgen has instilled into the whole club, and I include the academy , I donā€™t imagine for a mini second that FSG would bring someone in who would tear up that blueprint, ā€¦

ā€¦with that in mind we have to assume that they will be seeking someone of a similar standing who will play a similar style of football and will want to nurture the potential from said academy, there arenā€™t many around who fits within these parameters, there is one fella though who does kind of stand out , who just happens to know the inner workings of our institution, has experience working at the club, is young, enthusiastic, and has a penchant for winning, can you name that fell who ticks all those boxesā€¦..I canā€¦

Hereā€™s a clue, he once scored a Penalty via a rebound in a match regarded as the greatest CL final in the history of that particular competition, he has also scored a couple of goals from the half way line which makes Beckhamā€™s look like a tap in, Can you guess who it is yet as that Dirty old b***ard Rolf used to say ??

YNWA

Without checking I take it itā€™s Alonso
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #35027: Jan 28, 2024 05:41:50 pm

YNWA
      For me it's Him...or the other player who dragged us back into it, almost single handedly to win the trophy.... answers on a postcard...No brain surgeons need apply!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Reply #35028: Jan 28, 2024 05:43:46 pm
      IMO itā€™s Alonso and imo Klopp has had a say in it and the club have had indications from Alonso that he will take the job and bring in all his staff hence why Klopps staff are going - and Klopp feels comfortable going and leaving the rebuild because he knows that the club will be in safe hands with Xabi

I think the person that they will get very soon will be the DoF as well

Quick Reply