Trending Topics

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765126 times
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35075: Mar 08, 2024 09:41:41 am
      It's well known that Edwards and Klopp didn't always see eye to eye. Edwards wasn't afraid to say no to him apparently, they weren't friends......
      Full control? Do any other clubs have this situation?
      Worth noting that our most successful spell in terms of trophies was whilst he was at Anfield, that could be different by the end of this season hopefully. He's obviously very good at his job so personally I don't have too much issues with it.....
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #35076: Mar 08, 2024 10:35:18 am
      It's well known that Edwards and Klopp didn't always see eye to eye. Edwards wasn't afraid to say no to him apparently, they weren't friends......
      Worth noting that our most successful spell in terms of trophies was whilst he was at Anfield, that could be different by the end of this season hopefully. He's obviously very good at his job so personally I don't have too much issues with it.....

Maybe the issue last time was when despite saying no to klopp maybe the owners sided with klopp? Who knows.

I for one would like to see him back on board and in control of the football side of things. I expect it will all work out one way or the other in the next few weeks. The club will want to start planning for next season immediately so this can't drag on. If Edwards is being pursued then it's because it's believed there is a chance he will come back. We will find out soon enough I think.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #35077: Mar 08, 2024 10:48:20 am
      The link works for me unlike the actual premise therein!
      It is inferred that any success achieved by the club is down to FSG when in reality pre-Klopp things were F***ing dismal!

That’s all well and good, but please can you tell us more about the Liverpool way and how 4 managers in 14 years is too many? If you could go through all 4 managers and explain the reasoning that would be ideal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35078: Mar 08, 2024 11:57:32 am
      That’s all well and good, but please can you tell us more about the Liverpool way and how 4 managers in 14 years is too many? If you could go through all 4 managers and explain the reasoning that would be ideal

Talking sense will confuse him
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35079: Mar 08, 2024 02:22:44 pm
      Would be interesting to see what kind of expanded role he would have and if it would overlap with any of our current executive positions.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35080: Mar 08, 2024 04:46:17 pm

Really don’t understand the relevance of your comment in the context of my post!
      My point is any measure of success achieved during the last 9 years is down to Klopp not FSG!

Under the previous managers LFC enjoyed very little success.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35081: Mar 08, 2024 05:06:11 pm
      Really don’t understand the relevance of your comment in the context of my post!
      My point is any measure of success achieved during the last 9 years is down to Klopp not FSG!

Under the previous managers LFC enjoyed very little success.

Didn’t we win our first trophy in about 6 years under previous managers 🥱
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35082: Mar 08, 2024 06:32:42 pm
      https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1766167561274597420?t=5zty4_5n9gVByvSUbP622Q&s=19

I feel like this would be about as good of business as FSG could do all things considered (as long as these cats bring in Xabi as manager).

Be nice to have the future sorted sooner than later.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #35083: Mar 08, 2024 06:42:02 pm
      https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1766167561274597420?t=5zty4_5n9gVByvSUbP622Q&s=19

I feel like this would be about as good of business as FSG could do all things considered (as long as these cats bring in Xabi as manager).

Be nice to have the future sorted sooner than later.

Not sure on Hughes but obviously Edwards keen I agree think this was always needed to be sorted first before the manager installed
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #35084: Mar 08, 2024 07:17:35 pm
      Ornstein reporting that Edwards is close to rejoining in a senior role.....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35085: Mar 08, 2024 07:53:05 pm
      Ornstein reporting that Edwards is close to rejoining in a senior role.....

Thanks for verifying that.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #35086: Mar 08, 2024 08:31:40 pm
      :lmao:

Just seen your Twitter post now you've mentioned that...  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #35087: Mar 08, 2024 11:57:04 pm
      FSG making strong moves for Edwards with Klopp off does suggest that Edwards most likely left due to Klopp’s growing influence within the club.

Got no problems with him coming back, our best times coincided with when he was here. The new manager must earn the power.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35088: Mar 09, 2024 12:27:40 am
      FSG making strong moves for Edwards with Klopp off does suggest that Edwards most likely left due to Klopp’s growing influence within the club.

Got no problems with him coming back, our best times coincided with when he was here. The new manager must earn the power.

It was said at the time that Edwards didn’t want the likes of Henderson to get new contracts
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35089: Mar 09, 2024 01:03:38 am

Serious question.

IF and it's a Big IF, Jürgen does a miraculous turnaround, do you then think this deal with Edwardes, would be dead in the water?
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #35090: Mar 09, 2024 08:45:33 am

Serious question.

IF and it's a Big IF, Jürgen does a miraculous turnaround, do you then think this deal with Edwardes, would be dead in the water?

Jürgen is gone mate. And I'd guess his coaching staff have committed elsewhere for next season.

He made the decision final  it seems in November. It was announced in January. He had those 2 months to change his mind
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #35091: Mar 09, 2024 10:17:07 am

Serious question.

Probably, but I'd rather have Klopp stay here than I would have Edwards. As they are grown men, not afraid of voicing their opinions, I'm sure they could find a compromise and work together if that was the case.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35092: Mar 09, 2024 10:51:08 am
      Klopp is leaving - he won’t be changing his mind
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #35093: Mar 09, 2024 02:20:41 pm
      Would have earmarked Edwards probably since November and this has been done a while ago . Hughes handed his notice a while ago no way he does that without something already sorted .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #35094: Mar 09, 2024 02:23:55 pm
      It was said at the time that Edwards didn’t want the likes of Henderson to get new contracts

Edwards and Klopp fell out about 3 years ago about our transfer strategy.
      Klopp wanted more proven players (Thiago) and Edwards wanted more rough diamonds (Caicedo)
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #35095: Mar 09, 2024 02:36:09 pm
      Edwards and Klopp fell out about 3 years ago about our transfer strategy.
      Klopp wanted more proven players (Thiago) and Edwards wanted more rough diamonds (Caicedo)

Edwards also not keen on offering players over 30 contracts and Henderson was a prime example . Be interesting to see how he views VVD and Mo deals.and length
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #35096: Mar 09, 2024 02:45:28 pm
      Edwards also not keen on offering players over 30 contracts and Henderson was a prime example . Be interesting to see how he views VVD and Mo deals.and length

I'm sure they will be viewed differently. Still very much at the top and good injury records. Henderson was flagging and becoming unreliable. That's why Edwards didn't want to give him a new deal and he was proven right despite being overruled
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 834 
      Reply #35097: Mar 09, 2024 03:52:53 pm

didn't want Thiago either

Quick Reply