Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765136 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35098: Mar 09, 2024 04:01:31 pm
      It was said at the time that Edwards didn’t want the likes of Henderson to get new contracts

I thought at the time it was the length of the contract mainly and the financials, could be wrong.  Jürgen stepped in that summer to try and sort it out.  I think Edwards wasn't happy with Jürgen being very sentimental on his key players.  My opinion was in hindsight that Edwards was right and could see a declining Henderson.  But Jürgen is Jürgen always had his players backs.  I do think especially in this case that these things should be left alone by the manager.   But that said Jürgen is Jürgen and these are very very tiny milligrams of weight which one has to carry onboard accommodating a genius.

I mean just look at the players we left on freebies, Gini and Can it's not as if we had many regrets months later.  Edwards had a good eye for this sort of thing.   
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #35099: Mar 09, 2024 04:14:33 pm

Serious question.

IF and it's a Big IF, Jürgen does a miraculous turnaround, do you then think this deal with Edwardes, would be dead in the water?

I think if we win the treble and Jürgen being the very very passionate footballing Legends gets approached by John Henry and Co.  whilst picking up the Europa Cup and says,  hay great man,  why don't you have your break, and let Pep take control for a few months and come back maybe September or October.   If something like that happens,  If something like that happens with the man Jürgen is his communication skills are one of his many great assets and the little wrinckles in his relationship with Edwards will be ironed out in seconds. 

Now Aussie roll me a big fat one!   :D :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #35100: Mar 09, 2024 05:49:34 pm
      I think if we win the treble and Jürgen being the very very passionate footballing Legends gets approached by John Henry and Co.  whilst picking up the Europa Cup and says,  hay great man,  why don't you have your break, and let Pep take control for a few months and come back maybe September or October.   If something like that happens,  If something like that happens with the man Jürgen is his communication skills are one of his many great assets and the little wrinckles in his relationship with Edwards will be ironed out in seconds. 

And it’s probably his biggest weakness.
      His loyalty to his players.
      With Bob, Henderson would have been shipped out two seasons earlier. Fabinho a season earlier and Tiago a season before Hendo.
      Nothing personal, just a case of the team progress being more important than individuals !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35101: Mar 09, 2024 06:01:10 pm

Serious question.

IF and it's a Big IF, Jürgen does a miraculous turnaround, do you then think this deal with Edwardes, would be dead in the water?

I think sometimes you can see Klopp looks shattered.
      Maybe it's a hangover from last season but I can't see him changing his mind.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35102: Mar 09, 2024 06:12:23 pm

He needs a break , you can see it, he is one of our longest serving managers and think the longest in the prem

Because of the way he manages and puts everything into it at some point he will need to have a break before he breaks down himself

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35103: Mar 09, 2024 06:14:53 pm

Shattered? I think he looks absolutely dead on his feet, and looks a lot older than his age.
      Thankfully this season is going a lot better than last.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35104: Mar 09, 2024 06:21:24 pm
      Shattered? I think he looks absolutely dead on his feet, and looks a lot older than his age.
      Thankfully this season is going a lot better than last.

That is what shattered means alright.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #35105: Mar 09, 2024 06:21:49 pm
      And it’s probably his biggest weakness.
      His loyalty to his players.
      With Bob, Henderson would have been shipped out two seasons earlier. Fabinho a season earlier and Tiago a season before Hendo.
      Nothing personal, just a case of the team progress being more important than individuals !

I understand where you are coming from but for Henderson was happy for him to stay even for another season in a lesser more fringe role.  But on the Tiago front totally agree.  I can't really say much about Fabinho as his last season was like a  head on car crash.

I think in both Henderson and Fabinho it all worked out well for us. In other words Jürgen's involvement especially in the Henderson's contract in my opinion didn't really have any negative financial impact. 

But like I said previously these things should have been left to Edwards.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35106: Mar 09, 2024 06:27:25 pm
      That is what shattered means alright.

Not in my books.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35108: Mar 09, 2024 07:30:49 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35109: Mar 09, 2024 07:34:09 pm
      Do you 5hink there may have been a clash in some way between Edwards and Klopp?

That’s the speculation, Klopp was taking
      more control and Edwards didn’t like it so he bolted. Was also apparently approached by FSG after that to come back but he wanted a very expanded role that they weren’t offering then but must be offering now.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #35110: Mar 09, 2024 07:36:37 pm
      Think Edwards return is good news really. Without Kloppo we will need to be very very good behind the scenes.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35111: Mar 09, 2024 07:53:54 pm
      Do you 5hink there may have been a clash in some way between Edwards and Klopp?

No clash - Edwards wanted to expand his role , Klopp wanted to expand his role into the signings

But both get on with each other very well and even if Klopp was staying I think this would have happened

Edwards proved himself in the transfer market- it’s a step up now
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #35112: Mar 09, 2024 07:59:34 pm
      I think the idea of clashes and taking more control suits a media narrative but suspect the reality is different. Edwards did a sterling job so I would be happy to see him back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35113: Mar 09, 2024 10:38:11 pm

:D

Anytime Brother.  ;D

Peeps keep saying I'm smoking stuff, talking sh*t...yes I am smoking stuff  :D but I ain't saying bye to Jürgen till he gives the Tea lady a final hug and walks out that door.

My hope is that his Love for This Club and Us will change his mind at the very last minute and say F**k it, let's go again and win everything again!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #35114: Mar 10, 2024 12:53:54 am

Anytime Brother.  ;D

Peeps keep saying I'm smoking stuff, talking sh*t...yes I am smoking stuff  :D but I ain't saying bye to Jürgen till he gives the Tea lady a final hug and walks out that door.

My hope is that his Love for This Club and Us will change his mind at the very last minute and say F**k it, let's go again and win everything again!!!

I know exactly where you are coming from.  When you have greatness one wants to hang on as long as possible.  There is nothing wrong with dreaming after all he is the one that made so many dreams a reality.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #35115: Mar 10, 2024 02:06:18 am

Anytime Brother.  ;D

Yes, that open top bus quadruple parade at the end of May is gonna be the changer for big Jürgen....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35116: Mar 10, 2024 02:25:27 am
      Yes, that open top bus quadruple parade at the end of May is gonna be the changer for big Jürgen....

Matey, I'm thinking he changed his mind or his mind has begun to change when he saw how well all the Kids did and have been doing.

I don't think he wants to trust their future with anyone else.

Again, I'm hoping but wouldn't you all jizz yourselves if I was right!  :lmao:

YOU'D STOP BLAMING THE WEED FOR SURE!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #35117: Mar 10, 2024 04:06:49 am
      Matey, I'm thinking he changed his mind or his mind has begun to change when he saw how well all the Kids did and have been doing.

I don't think he wants to trust their future with anyone else.

Again, I'm hoping but wouldn't you all jizz yourselves if I was right!  :lmao:

YOU'D STOP BLAMING THE WEED FOR SURE!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Me auld pal, you had me at "jizzi"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35118: Mar 11, 2024 10:16:28 pm
      https://x.com/mochatra/status/1767305496875147361?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Excellent breakdown into the finances

Shows how well the club is run
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #35119: Mar 11, 2024 11:25:33 pm
      Which dispels the conception that the club sells to buy. £89million?

I don't think that is too bad. It's less than a Jack Grealish or about a Maddison and an Endo.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35120: Mar 12, 2024 12:04:47 pm

Care to elaborate slightly Lall, f***in hate twatter, X as is the dumbass name it goes by now ??

Anyhoo, stick the figures up so we can all take a gander ?

YNWA

Quick Reply