Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765286 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #35121: Mar 12, 2024 01:05:27 pm
      Well played FSG.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #35122: Mar 12, 2024 01:06:15 pm
      Keeping the ship nice and steady.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35123: Mar 12, 2024 01:38:36 pm
      Looks like Edwards is coming back, and bringing Richard Hughes with him.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1767475625009242610?s=46
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35124: Mar 12, 2024 03:08:31 pm
      Mike Edwards is dangerous. You’d want to stay away from him.

If you sell him things, you’d have to take a haircut and if you buy from him, his items would be overpriced.

The guy can trade anything for a profit.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35125: Mar 12, 2024 03:44:52 pm
      Keeping the ship nice and steady.

This is a well synchronized team where everyone is singing from the same sheet of music. Bringing in someone unfamiliar with the team who may start singing a different tune is not what we need when trying to replace someone like Jürgen. Edwards and his intimate knowledge of the team and how we operate is huge.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35126: Apr 10, 2024 01:26:15 pm
      Ticket price protest tomorrow 👏

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2024 01:31:47 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #35127: Apr 10, 2024 02:50:03 pm

I believe no flags will be shown?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35128: Apr 10, 2024 08:39:37 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #35129: Apr 10, 2024 08:55:19 pm
      Thankfully we don't live in North Korea, China, Iran, etc.etc.  If you want to to hold up a banner/flag at Anfield then you should do it.... no one should be denying you that right. Considering what's at stake over the next month or so this protest seems to me ill timed and potentially disruptive....We need all the energy of the crowd right through  to the end of the season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #35130: Apr 10, 2024 08:57:45 pm
      Thankfully we don't live in North Korea, China, Iran, etc.etc.  If you want to to hold up a banner/flag at Anfield then you should do it.... no one should be denying you that right. Considering what's at stake over the next month or so this protest seems to me ill timed and potentially disruptive....We need all the energy of the crowd right through  to the end of the season.

It's been called, it will be observed.

Just like the £77 protest, just like other protests.

If ya go the game, ya know the score!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #35131: Apr 10, 2024 09:01:57 pm

Isn't that the point though?

We all know the value of a passionate, loud Anfield but it seems that the ownership do not understand this. Hence deciding to put up prices without even a proper consultation.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #35132: Apr 10, 2024 09:09:06 pm
      It's been called, it will be observed.

Just like the £77 protest, just like other protests.

If ya go the game, ya know the score!!
      I've always been an advocate for the right to protest and I'm not questioning this cause; but the timing seems off to me....plus I can't make the leap to believe the club will be overly distressed by a lack of flags. There might be fans who this might be the only game they can get to all season...a one off, traveling miles...anyway it's just an opinion.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #35133: Apr 11, 2024 12:49:10 am
      Its 2% increase, in each of the last 2 years, after an 8 year price freeze. Its not exactly like they are shafting everyone... 
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #35134: Apr 11, 2024 01:18:29 am

Agree

Now is the time to support the team
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #35135: Apr 11, 2024 07:24:31 am
      Its 2% increase, in each of the last 2 years, after an 8 year price freeze. Its not exactly like they are shafting everyone... 

2% in each of the last two years, and then what it's next season and the season after? 2% again? 5%? At what point does the average supporter get priced out of going to Anfield?

Find the excuses baffling to be honest. This lot have owned us for almost 14 years and they don't even have the decency to properly consult supporters regarding ticket prices going up. Disgraceful.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35136: Apr 11, 2024 08:11:16 am
      2% in each of the last two years, and then what it's next season and the season after? 2% again? 5%? At what point does the average supporter get priced out of going to Anfield?

Find the excuses baffling to be honest. This lot have owned us for almost 14 years and they don't even have the decency to properly consult supporters regarding ticket prices going up. Disgraceful.

https://x.com/bbcmerseysport/status/1778143412530586104?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35137: Apr 11, 2024 09:28:36 am
      It’s already too late regarding being priced out, the ordinary working man who’s only escape from the stresses and strains of day to day living, trying to make ends meet, is going to the football, it seems to me that everything goes up except wages, yet those wages are expected to stretch to the limit and beyond,

I used to go regularly way back when it was affordable, but since the the Premier League started ticket prices have gone thru the roof, ok a couple of brats came along and fu**ed that up too, as well as Child maintenance robbery for their bi*ch Mum, the Kunt !!

I’ve kind of went full circle if you want, I’m on my own again which is absolutely f***in fantastic, but I couldn’t get a ticket for love nor money theses days even if I wanted, that fella from SoS is spot on though, the extra revenue coming in from the extension’s plus the CL money and tv deals should be sufficient enough for NOT to raise tick prices, owners need to get to grips with reality, Football is already too expensive for most, and they are on thin f***in ice if they are expecting fans, especially Liverpool fans to just roll over and be arse fu**ed by owners who can’t even be arsed to attend themselves!!!!

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35138: Apr 11, 2024 09:57:48 am

It’s already too late regarding being priced out, the ordinary working man who’s only escape from the stresses and strains of day to day living, trying to make ends meet, is going to the football, it seems to me that everything goes up except wages, yet those wages are expected to stretch to the limit and beyond,

I used to go regularly way back when it was affordable, but since the the Premier League started ticket prices have gone thru the roof, ok a couple of brats came along and fu**ed that up too, as well as Child maintenance robbery for their bi*ch Mum, the Kunt !!

I’ve kind of went full circle if you want, I’m on my own again which is absolutely f***in fantastic, but I couldn’t get a ticket for love nor money theses days even if I wanted, that fella from SoS is spot on though, the extra revenue coming in from the extension’s plus the CL money and tv deals should be sufficient enough for NOT to raise tick prices, owners need to get to grips with reality, Football is already too expensive for most, and they are on thin f***in ice if they are expecting fans, especially Liverpool fans to just roll over and be arse fu**ed by owners who can’t even be arsed to attend themselves!!!!

YNWA

Well said Billy

It’s no surprise to anyone that I’m a fan of the owners and like what they have done for the club

But ticket prices is one thing they keep making a mess off - the link from the owners to the fans was created to discuss this sort of stuff

I was there when we walked out and we were criticised by telly clappers and social media fans - but it worked , I won’t be there tonight but the same telly clappers etc are once again being critical of lads who are the heartbeat of the fanbase
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2024 10:29:31 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35139: Apr 11, 2024 02:18:04 pm
      14 quid increase for the cheapest season ticket.....14.

Skip Starbucks for a couple of days and you've covered it.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35140: Apr 11, 2024 02:49:14 pm
      14 quid increase for the cheapest season ticket.....14.

Skip Starbucks for a couple of days and you've covered it.

Some times you show your complete lack of understanding of the club, the locals and the fans

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #35141: Apr 11, 2024 06:43:10 pm
      Some times you show your complete lack of understanding of the club, the locals and the fans

Please expand or do you just like to throw out passive aggressive super fan responses?

Oh nevermind, I know the answer to that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #35142: Apr 11, 2024 06:49:50 pm
      Please expand or do you just like to throw out passive aggressive super fan responses?

Oh nevermind, I know the answer to that.

Do you really think it’s just about having to pay £14 more a year.

https://x.com/bbcmerseysport/status/1778143412530586104?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Redangel

• 8,314 posts | 1007 
      Reply #35143: Apr 11, 2024 07:07:29 pm
      I support the principle of the protest, but please do not do anything that has an impact on the team on the pitch, or on us giving Jürgen the best chance to win everything that is available to us! This is simply shooting ourselves in the foot, we need the fans to get behind the team, we owe that to Jürgen. The protests against the increase, needs to be parked until the end of the season. I know this will won’t be popular, but surely Jürgen deserves better!

Quick Reply