Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2766196 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #2645: Feb 14, 2012 08:52:22 am
      So the tunnell scuffle, has gone from Evra trying to confront Suarez and Skrtel stopping him, (twice mentioned in the half time interval by Sky), to David Gea being spat at (Martin Lipton from the mail was trying to express this on me last night), to some one being punched in the back of the head.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #2646: Feb 14, 2012 09:47:28 am
      So the tunnell scuffle, has gone from Evra trying to confront Suarez and Skrtel stopping him, (twice mentioned in the half time interval by Sky), to David Gea being spat at (Martin Lipton from the mail was trying to express this on me last night), to some one being punched in the back of the head.

Wouldnt surprise me if it was Rafael..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2647: Feb 14, 2012 10:48:48 am
      Wouldnt surprise me if it was Rafael..
      Rafael has certainly taken on the Neville brothers mantle. Joining in Evra's 'celebration' showed that they certainly do pick their players very well.
      Hopefully the owners will learn that football in a very unique entity and that the emotional bonds that tie the club to the fans ,managers and hopefully the players mean that what may work in other sports and business do not necessarily work in football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2648: Feb 14, 2012 01:19:35 pm

David de Gea supposedly being spat at comes from the s*n and has already been rubbished by Barrett of The Times.

Lipton gone from the mirror to the mail has he? He's still a F***ing sh*t-bag.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2649: Feb 14, 2012 01:21:14 pm

How would that useless c**t know what happenned in the tunnel? He wouldnt. He'd have a united insider feeding him any oul crap.

Fook the media and fook making piece with ud. Fight the fookers all the way they are not used to being stood up to. Our image around the world is being damaged is it? Well "supporters" of Liverpool arent concerned with our image in other peoples eyes
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2650: Feb 14, 2012 01:22:38 pm
      David de Gea supposedly being spat at comes from the s*n and has already been rubbished by Barrett of The Times.

there ye go, I could make up any old nonscense and tell me pal in the press it happenned. He gets his story
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #2651: Feb 14, 2012 01:37:41 pm
      Think some people need to think carefully about the 'investment' in our team.

If our plan is to achieve success by competing financially with the other clubs we would have to spend about 500 million just to catch up with Man City's expenditure in the past three years. After that point we would then have to outspend them annually. And that assumes they are going to win the league rather than United or Spurs.

Like it or not, we aren't going to able to outspend the world's richest club owner so our strategy HAS to be to spend less but spend it more wisely than just buying the top two or three players trumpeted by the media as City are doing.

Moneyball, or something similar to it, is actually the only way we are going to be able to compete. So far I would say Downing has been the only flop signing as Henderson and Carroll have been bought for the future and Enrique and Adam are worth what we paid.

But just blowing money on big name players in Summer is destined to fail when its obvious that a number of clubs can spend more than us.

For me. we have a malfunctioning offensive unit bolted onto Rafa's defensive unit (minus Enrique though i would prefer Johnson/Aurelio at LB and Kelly at RB anyway with Lucas as DM). Pepe, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Suarez, Bellamy didnt break the bank when they were signed - it would be interesting to see how Rafa identified these players at such an early stage (as well as Alves, Jovetic, Silva, Eto, Torres and so on).

The owners have the right idea - its the way that idea is implemented which will be the differencebetween success and failure.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2652: Feb 14, 2012 02:49:45 pm
      Probably isn't the place for the investment argument. I personally dont believe they invested anywhere near enough to get us back competing but that is an argument for another day. Any one that doesn't think the owners are behind the apology are nieve what ever way some people are trying to spin their not
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2653: Feb 14, 2012 02:53:22 pm
      Any one that doesn't think the owners are behind the apology are nieve what ever way some people are trying to spin their not

Exactly mate.

You're the owner of a multi million pound company.

Your biggest sponsor with a multi million pound contract raises its concerns over a developing situaition.

You'd want to know what all about it and be involved in pacifying them, wouldn't you ?

If you wern't heads would roll wouldn't they ?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2654: Feb 14, 2012 02:53:26 pm
       Think the times when the football clubs owners are passionate about football or football is the first thing on their minds are past and over, at least in England. Everyone of them consider and run the clubs as if it was their business and of course making a profit is what's their real intention unless they're Sheiks or Abramovichs, who I think wouldn't cut it here as we're not an artificial club where they could do what they want to. Our club's tradition and proud history wouldn't let that. The other thing's we're like a family where the relationship between fans and the club is almost the strongest you can find. Do you think any of them would appoint Kenny as a manager after getting rid of Roy?! That's why I like FSG. It's true, dealing with Suarez case is the first 'mistake' they've made since coming here, but I believe they're one of the best owners   we could find out there. We all know they're here to make a profit in a long term plan by increasing the club's value. That includes improving the playing side and the results on the pitch, building a new and a bigger stadium and fulfill our commercial potential around the world at a maximum level. Don't think anyone would complain if they're to achieve these 3 points  ;).
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012 03:12:17 pm by Stevie-G »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2655: Feb 14, 2012 03:06:52 pm
      There is still passionate owners around who love football. Look at Steve Morgan or even ambravoich who has spent the last two weeks on the training ground. In our case our owners have no love of football no point pretending they do.

Agree with you as well blood the sponsors dont call the shots of the manager the owners do.  If the sponsors had that much say in the running of the club i would be genuinely worried.  The owners are obviously aware of the anger amongst the fans over this and why you are seeing spin today.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2656: Feb 14, 2012 03:07:36 pm
      Don't think anyone would complain if they're to achieve these 3 points  ;).

No. No one will.

Thats three up on Hicks and Gillett.

(Who?)
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2657: Feb 14, 2012 03:23:16 pm

There is still passionate owners around who love football. Look at Steve Morgan or even ambravoich who has spent the last two weeks on the training ground. In our case our owners have no love of football no point pretending they do.

Think the majority here wouldn't like to see someone like Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan as the owners of our club. Anyway don't you think someone like Abramovich (who you pretend loves football and the club) would appear if he was interested to buy the club during the period it was for sale?! As long as we know there wasn't any.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2658: Feb 14, 2012 03:34:30 pm
      Who exactly knows who was trying to buy the club. Say a lot about ambravoich but fairly obvious he loves the game. Our owners dont and are more interested in the brand. Can't lie would like owners that were willing to invest their own money something we wont get with Fsg.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2659: Feb 14, 2012 03:47:41 pm
      Who exactly knows who was trying to buy the club. Say a lot about ambravoich but fairly obvious he loves the game. Our owners dont and are more interested in the brand. Can't lie would like owners that were willing to invest their own money something we wont get with Fsg.

Says the expert who wanted Peter Lim to buy us  :roll:
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #2660: Feb 14, 2012 03:48:42 pm
      FFS Corbally they saved the club, if it wasn't for FSG, who knows where we would be at this point, possibly in the Championship. They bought £300m of the debt of the club, okay I would've liked a bit more spending but i'm eternally grateful that they rescued this club from bankruptcy. And to say that our owners aren't willing to invest their own money in the club is absolute bollocks, shown by the fact that we we're the third highest spending club this season. 
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2661: Feb 14, 2012 03:51:11 pm

Unfortunately there's a limited number of Sheikhs and oil barons in the world corb. Sustainable financial growth through smart commercial deals and smart investment in the squad is what I prefer anyway. Nowadays you need to buy success to a certain extent, as in you need to have money to compete in the first place, but at the same time I don't believe this club needs a Sheikh to pour his extra cash into the club. We are Liverpool, and we don't need that.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2662: Feb 14, 2012 03:58:33 pm
      I'm not sure id want my club being built like a house of cards with an oil rich owner who could get bored at any time.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2012 04:12:11 pm by Paisleydalglish »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2663: Feb 14, 2012 04:04:11 pm
      Not even worth the argument, some supporters are not going to be happy unless they get everything they want. They only come out when there are issues and trouble to gloat and say I told you so. If an argument or opinion does not come to fruition they will disappear into the shadow waiting for the next I told you so moment to arise so then it can begin all again.

Supporters like this are not WUM's, they are also real supporters but some people revel in misery. There are people like this walking down every street, around every corner. The more people that can be brought down to they're preferred level of unhappiness the happier it makes them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2664: Feb 14, 2012 04:04:18 pm
      Actually wanted sheik mohammed prior to hicks and Gillette crouch. Football is not a normal business you will not make money without investing yourself.  You can throw lim at me all you want if it makes you feel better crouch wont change a thing. Never have being a major fan of Fsg to be honest.

They investment in the playing side has being minimal where exactly is the stadium see even spurs are making announcements today. The fact they are so interested in cost cutting as well.  People need to look at the correlation with wages and winning things. They know zero about football and ain't football fans.

Stick to what im saying we will not win a league with them as owners but like arsenal we will be a well run business.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2665: Feb 14, 2012 04:11:25 pm
      Love that last bit az. Im more interested in facts.  We are the biggest spenders because the players we sold. I dont go with this Fsg are brilliant argument. Just my opinion and till i see sthem putting their own money in or to tell us when the stadium is going to be built or when they start worrying more about what our players and manager think rather than our sponsors.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2666: Feb 14, 2012 04:14:55 pm
      Actually wanted sheik mohammed prior to hicks and Gillette crouch. Football is not a normal business you will not make money without investing yourself.  You can throw lim at me all you want if it makes you feel better crouch wont change a thing. Never have being a major fan of Fsg to be honest.

They investment in the playing side has being minimal where exactly is the stadium see even spurs are making announcements today. The fact they are so interested in cost cutting as well.  People need to look at the correlation with wages and winning things. They know zero about football and ain't football fans.

Stick to what im saying we will not win a league with them as owners but like arsenal we will be a well run business.

So you wanted Sheik Mohammed but then want an owner who knows football? I never knew they were so knowledgeable. Here i was thinking they were just rich blokes looking for a project but apparently they are equivalent to footballing historians.

What you want is a loaded owner to buy you every superstar so you can sleep happy at night instead of being the moaning get you are.

You can either have patience, look at it from another perspective or follow your dream owners to Man City and jump around in the stands like the rest of them.

FSG are a group of very few men in football with a sporting background.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2667: Feb 14, 2012 04:19:47 pm
      So you wanted Sheik Mohammed but then want an owner who knows football? I never knew they were so knowledgeable. Here i was thinking they were just rich blokes looking for a project but apparently they are equivalent to footballing historians.

What you want is a loaded owner to buy you every superstar so you can sleep happy at night instead of being the moaning get you are.

You can either have patience, look at it from another perspective or follow your dream owners to Man City and jump around in the stands like the rest of them.

FSG are a group of very few men in football with a sporting background.

Spot on, F***ing hate to have a sugar daddy running the club. 

Quick Reply