Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642877 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #2714: Feb 15, 2012 12:00:23 am
      I really love the sugar daddy argument ya id hate our owners buying us Silva and say Mata out of their own money. I ve zero problem people disagreeing with me but what does make me laugh is people saying you only say it because your negative. Really look what ive said nothing but facts there.

Facts you've made extrapolations and guesses from and you look at one side of the argument, the bleakest, on a regular basis.  It's not just one or two that say you focus on the negative side Corb, Other people have interpreted the 'facts', as you put it, in a different way.  So don't make me laugh by trying to play the 'only because' pity me card.

It's nothing personal Corbs, but your posts depress me. You've put your spin on facts, no more no less, others have put a positive spin on them, which probably gets your goat.  So far FSG have done nothing to harbour such huge resentment, especially as you yourself have stated we're still in  a wait and see position.
      « Last Edit: Feb 15, 2012 12:13:32 am by Roddenberry »
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #2715: Feb 15, 2012 12:08:40 am
      I have to say from the very beginning I havent seen any concrete financial evidence to suggest NESV have the resources needed to match the investment in Europes biggest sides.

I feel they are really relying on FFP to even up the playing field but I dont personally think that will ever happen with the amount of money involved and corruption in the game.

I have nothing against the owners per say but they bought the club for a snip and imo only massive investment is gonna bring us the PL in the next 5-10 years.

I havent seen a team win the premier league ever that werent huge net spenders so we will be the first to do it without spending big if we do. Arsenal havent had PL titles with tight pursestrings so am struggling to see how we can do it.

Better than H+G for sure but just stable like the moore days imo
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2716: Feb 15, 2012 12:26:42 am
      I missed corbally :P

I didn't expect a massive jump this year. Would have been great, but I'm a realistic supporter and I'm not too bothered by a rebuilding process whatsoever. I believe our owners have a plan, and the wheels are in motion. They can't fix everything the previous owners and the Hodge did in three windows.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #2717: Feb 15, 2012 12:31:35 am
      It's too early yet to judge FSG. We'll see what they come up with re; the stadium and what investment they put in this summer. If they build a new stadium I'd like to see them show ambition by making it at least a 70,000 seater. It would show they are aiming big for Liverpool.

As regard transfers, the truth is Carroll for £35m has been a disaster but if he had banged in goals this season like a striker of that massive price should do, then we'd be in the top 4 already. It is the signings of Carroll and Downing for a sickening £55m which has really set us back this season because they have been pretty much useless and we have struggled to score the goals that £55m should have got us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2718: Feb 15, 2012 12:35:44 am
      I really love the sugar daddy argument ya id hate our owners buying us Silva and say Mata out of their own money. I ve zero problem people disagreeing with me but what does make me laugh is people saying you only say it because your negative. Really look what ive said nothing but facts there.

Here goes back to my point Cor they are the owners and judging from the fact that they still own the club they bought 12 years ago and them saying they are her for the long haul suggests to me that that they will be here for quite sometime.

So the closest thing to reality is that 8-10 years from now FSG is still going to own Liverpool F.C., no guarantee of course but we can see it being a real possibility.

If that is true do you mind telling me what hoping for Sheik or a Roman adds to any relevant discussion to this forum?

The reality of:  The multi-billionare owner
                            Rafa becoming manager
                            Spains finest players filling our starting XI
                            Hundreds of millions a year available for transfers

Is in fact: Not an opinion, this is your wet dream Christmas list, that's all it is and wanting Kenny as the Ambassador and trying to bash the owners by saying "Trust me we will never win anything with FSG as owners" are not opinions either they are unsubstantiated statements to justify what you want.

Might as well stick those so called opinions in the Arkles as the Anfieldcat thread has more fact and reality than a wish list that uses digs at the owners/manager to justify it being an opinion.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2719: Feb 15, 2012 01:20:24 am

It's nothing personal Corbs, but your posts depress me. You've put your spin on facts, no more no less, others have put a positive spin on them, which probably gets your goat.  So far FSG have done nothing to harbour such huge resentment, especially as you yourself have stated we're still in  a wait and see position.

Suffice to say Corb's none of my disagreement with you is personal but yeah your as depressing as fck all.

Whatever you do just make yourself a promise never to volunteer at any type of prevention hotline. You would run them out of customers in a matter of days if not hours.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2720: Feb 15, 2012 02:02:06 am
      I'll start being concerned about player investment if we do little business in the summer.

Big summer of recruitment coming up for us regardless of whether we finish in the top four or not.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #2721: Feb 15, 2012 02:32:29 am
      I'll start being concerned about player investment if we do little business in the summer.

Big summer of recruitment coming up for us regardless of whether we finish in the top four or not.

True, it's important FSG put enough money in this summer but it's a massive summer for Kenny and Commoli too because their expensive buys besides Suarez haven't added anything to the team.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2722: Feb 15, 2012 03:14:18 am
      Very good analogy mate with Trinities, one of the factors you mention ie the supporters have always been the side's fiercest critics and apart from the wums and bullshitters this is one case where some positivity can be gleaned from apparent negativity.
      Long before the wonders of the internet there was always an undercurrent of informed opinion at Anfield which was a living entity and developed as a serial would, eventually the gossip would be confirmed.
      Unfortunately the aforementioned wums etc get too much limelight on the internet and their bullshit get's a little more credence than it deserves.
      I don't like the fact we supports know so little when it come to what is happening within LFC

A few years ago Liverpool supporters were share holders, I would say there was an informed opinion based on real knowledge of what was happening inside the club, we had a voice.

Now quite honestly I feel a little bit disconnected from the club in a certain way, I think the owners need to show some openness towards the fans let us know what is happening and not by some stage managed interview with a few hand picked questions.

LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #2723: Feb 15, 2012 03:31:39 am
      I for one am enjoying the 'do our business behind closed doors' deal compared to the 'everyone knows before we do' that we had under the previous regime.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2724: Feb 15, 2012 08:27:31 am
      Corballyred asks us debate his points.

I give my detailed response.

Result?

He ignores it. :f_doh:

Note to self: Don't get into a detailed debate with corballyred as he either isn't able to or just won't respond in similar fashion.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2725: Feb 15, 2012 09:13:29 am
      Time will tell. Good will only lasts a certain length. In twelve months time if we are still in the same position in relation to spend stadium and cost cutting dont think there will be as many making excuses for them.

Thats the point i think most people are making, judge them after a reasonable amount of time, give them another 12 months rather than say its just simply never going to happen.

Right now id rather they have a clear business plan and that takes us forward than promises they cant keep and buying players that threaten the future of the club again.

Give them time Corb.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2726: Feb 15, 2012 09:18:29 am
      Facts we have a net spend of 30 million over 3 transfer windows less than hicks and Gillette first 3 windows.  We cut 30 million off the wage bill last summer. Absolutely no sign of a new stadium sorry if these facts seem negative. Posters can hide behind his negative argument all the want doesn't mean what im saying is wrong just a weak argument to get personal on other posters part. Dont think i made any sweeping comments on you rod or az.  Sick of people debates with me turning personal because people can't debate the points.  Srs the reason i probably havent responded is because ive had to spend most of my time defending myself for having an opinion.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2727: Feb 15, 2012 09:22:44 am
      Facts we have a net spend of 30 million over 3 transfer windows less than hicks and Gillette first 3 windows.  We cut 30 million off the wage bill last summer. Absolutely no sign of a new stadium sorry if these facts seem negative. Posters can hide behind his negative argument all the want doesn't mean what im saying is wrong just a weak argument to get personal on other posters part. Dont think i made any sweeping comments on you rod or az.  Sick of people debates with me turning personal because people can't debate the points.  Srs the reason i probably havent responded is because ive had to spend most of my time defending myself for having an opinion.

Got no problem with your opinion Corb, just think its way too early to make those judgements. H and G may have "spent" more but it wasnt without putting the club in danger. And i presume you have been in on conference calls or board meetings where you know that nothing is being done regarding the stadium? I presume you would prefer another "we will have the spade in the ground in 60 days " rubbish that cant be backed up?

Id rather move forward right and have sensible plans for the stadium rather than make myself popular statements that they cant back up.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2728: Feb 15, 2012 09:30:16 am
      Mate the longer the stadium is delayed the longer we stay behind the other teams in relation to revenue.  Saw a stat recently just shows how far we are behind Utd and arsenal in terms of match day revenue. I remember moores saying the main reason he was selling was so owners could build a stadium so we could compete with others. The current owners are here a year and a half really would have expected some announcement by now.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2729: Feb 15, 2012 09:33:52 am
      Mate the longer the stadium is delayed the longer we stay behind the other teams in relation to revenue.  Saw a stat recently just shows how far we are behind Utd and arsenal in terms of match day revenue. I remember moores saying the main reason he was selling was so owners could build a stadium so we could compete with others. The current owners are here a year and a half really would have expected some announcement by now.

Possibly but i think that they have been doing alot of work on it behind the scenes, the clean up of the season ticket list isnt at an end yet, they are still waiting for replys, the new structure to buy tickets in two blocks. Searching out potential sponsors. Talks with the local council. Its all going on, i would expect a decision sooner rather than later on it yes, but i genuinely think they are doing the correct research before they jump into it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2730: Feb 15, 2012 09:41:04 am
      We are assuming that mate but an announcement really has to come soon.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2731: Feb 15, 2012 09:41:34 am
      Oh dear: What have the Romans ever done for us?

Let's have a look...

* Got rid of Hicks & Gillett

* Got rid of a crippling debt.

* Got rid of Hodgson.

* Brought Kenny back.

* Got rid of Purslow.

* Re-united all but the most idiotic of 'fans' and brought belief back to the club.

* Spent £100m plus on players whilst cutting out deadwood and players who didn't want to be with us.

* Increased our revenue.

* Raised our profile in the U.S.

* Have conducted business in a highly professional manner.

* Behaved with both dignity and respect.

Alas tho'... they aren't wealthy oil tycoons, haven't built a new stadium (yet) oh and... they didn't sign Juan Mata - woe is me. They say patience is a virtue whilst greed and envy are 'deadly sins'; hmmm... How's that wealthy oil tycoon, his £50m striker and Juan Mata doing as of now?  :-\

Fact: the wage bill was cut because we got rid of players who either were not good enough or wanted to play elsewhere. Was that wrong of F.S.G.?
      Fact: our net spend is lower because we were able to get good money for a bad lot (the oil tycoon can vouch for that). Maybe we should have asked for less?
      Fact: F.S.G. promised to weigh up all the options before either building or refurbishing; that's what they're doing. Those options are each very complex. Wouldn't it be wiser, instead of just saying 'wait-see', to have the wit to actually wait and see?

F.S.G. do not come out of the Suarez affair smelling of roses (in my opinion) and they'll have learned a hard lesson but to round on them for what they haven't done (yet) whilst ignoring what they have done is both churlish and puerile in equal measures.

It's bad enough that the Mancs and the media are giving the club we all say we love a kicking without having to fend off Quislings. Stay strong, be patient and stay together Reds... our day is coming.  8)
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2732: Feb 15, 2012 09:53:23 am

Let's have a look...

* Got rid of Hodgson.

* Brought Kenny back.

* Got rid of Purslow.

* Re-united all but the most idiotic of 'fans' and brought belief back to the club.

* Spent £100m plus on players whilst cutting out deadwood and players who didn't want to be with us.

* Increased our revenue.

Alas tho'... they aren't wealthy oil tycoons, haven't built a new stadium (yet) oh and... they didn't sign Juan Mata - woe is me. They say patience is a virtue whilst greed and envy are 'deadly sins'; hmmm... How's that wealthy oil tycoon, his £50m striker and Juan Mata doing as of now?  :-\

Fact: the wage bill was cut because we got rid of players who either were not good enough or wanted to play elsewhere. Was that wrong of F.S.G.?
      Fact: our net spend is lower because we were able to get good money for a bad lot (the oil tycoon can vouch for that). Maybe we should have asked for less?
      Fact: F.S.G. promised to weigh up all the options before either building or refurbishing; that's what they're doing. Those options are each very complex. Wouldn't it be wiser, instead of just saying 'wait-see', to have the wit to actually wait and see?

F.S.G. do not come out of the Suarez affair smelling of roses (in my opinion) and they'll have learned a hard lesson but to round on them for what they haven't done (yet) whilst ignoring what they have done is both churlish and puerile in equal measures.

It's bad enough that the Mancs and the media are giving the club we all say we love a kicking without having to fend off Quislings. Stay strong, be patient and stay together Reds... our day is coming.  8)
      And they have given Kenny freedom.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2733: Feb 15, 2012 09:57:35 am
      And they have given Kenny freedom.

He wont let them down... Gotta have some faith in his sound...
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2734: Feb 15, 2012 10:05:02 am

Think i'd also be inclined to wait until after the next transfer window mate before getting to concerned about any lack of investment. Let's be honest, the club got well and truly stung by the £35 million fee last January and I suspect that he would have cost around about the £20 million mark had we waited until the summer to go get him. I suspect the general consensus was "lets go with what we've got and spend some more in the summer". As for the stadium, no complaints from me on that front. Yes they're taking some time to explore all the options but they're keeping fans in the loop and we've been waiting so long now that another year or two hardly seems the biggest problem.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2735: Feb 15, 2012 10:31:10 am
      I'll be honest, the whole concept of "net spend" gets on my tits, and while one may argue it doesn't lie, its also pretty misconceiving. Its effectively being used as a stick to beat the owners with, despite the fact its dependent on the amount of players who don't want to be here or are not good enough to be here. We've replaced the tw*ts who were in the first bracket (over £60 million worth of them), cleared out all the dead wood and then invested a further £30 million in to the squad. That isn't as disastrous as is being made out.

The squad has practically been transformed within a year. But lets be honest, its not the lack of investment that has got certain people aggravated. Its the fact we didn't sign Juan Mata instead of Stewart Downing, Banega instead of Henderson or Sergio Aguero instead of Andy Carroll. Im afraid to say life is a bi*ch, we're here to support the team, not play football manager.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2736: Feb 15, 2012 10:37:03 am

Let's have a look...

* Got rid of Hodgson.

* Brought Kenny back.

* Got rid of Purslow.

* Increased our revenue.

This all day.

Some people aren't happy unless they are pointing the finger and having a good moan.

Leave that to The Bitters.

Quick Reply