Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642491 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #2783: Feb 15, 2012 06:30:32 pm
      FSG need to clarify their position not only only on Luis/Kenny but also on the stadium and investment.
      The tribal nature of football means you are either with us or against us its as cleasr cut as that. They have brought some sort of calm to proceedings but can anyone honestly say what their intentions are with the club over the next 5 to 10 years.
      There must be a mass of information available over the stadium whether its a rebuild or a new build so it can only be a stalling situation whilst finance is disucussed.
      For me Jury still out for 2 reasons firstly the stadium and secondly the transfer policy especially in Jan when its so clear we are desperaste for a goal scorer.
      And why do we have a Manc on here ffs.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2784: Feb 15, 2012 06:49:59 pm
      I obviously wasn't talking about your post srs
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2785: Feb 15, 2012 06:58:22 pm
      With all the sh*t storm created over the suarez lynching now would be an ideal time to announce stadium plans & a naming partner, maybe they are waiting for things to settle down.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2786: Feb 15, 2012 07:05:50 pm
      I obviously wasn't talking about your post srs

Not obvious at all considering you never seem to quote who you're replying to and I was talking about players signed and your post was directly below mine.

Not too much to ask that if your following up a point in a post that you quote the relevant post.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2787: Feb 15, 2012 07:10:15 pm
      With all the sh*t storm created over the suarez lynching now would be an ideal time to announce stadium plans & a naming partner, maybe they are waiting for things to settle down.
      We should get the money to build the stadium before we have a naming partner, if we need a naming partner before we start building we wont get a very good deal
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2788: Feb 15, 2012 07:15:06 pm
      You can't be neutral, you're a Manc. Ok you're a Manc who wishes he'd picked Liverpool from the start but you're still a Manc.

Suppose i'll have to stick with it now then.   :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2789: Feb 27, 2012 04:28:31 pm
      I was very impressed with them yesterday, Very understated on the BBC highlights program. No flash, or pomp, no "brand" or "franchise", no "soccer".

Thank god they came in when they did.

Video from the Match thread, shows, to me at least, that they will not in our faces, and also, they will let us know when deals are done, and not a moment before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r717z5QCdk#ws
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2790: Feb 27, 2012 04:32:42 pm
      Good video that... He seems fairly reluctant to join in and steal the limelight from the players as well.

Let's hope there are more scenes like this to come.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2791: Feb 27, 2012 04:36:05 pm
      Great stuff, what a fantastic team we have behind the scenes......more of this to come I'm sure  8)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2792: Feb 27, 2012 05:22:46 pm
      If we get past Stoke we are back to Wembley for the semi finals I think they might start to enjoy this type of occasion it gets in the blood and then its there for life.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #2793: Mar 07, 2012 04:28:35 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2794: Mar 07, 2012 05:02:18 pm

I had no idea that Roush Fenway NASCAR team were as successful as they are. That video, despite the marketing hype, shows that we have good owners.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2795: Mar 07, 2012 07:41:12 pm
      Thats a Glazer at 7 minutes 17.
      !
        xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Well for all the hype and all the Americanisms 
      (We are the Worlds Most Historic Football Club)
      it looks like they do ...what they do ... well.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #2796: Mar 07, 2012 08:19:12 pm
      They said it well about us. Didnt know all they had
      Surely they earn enough profit for them to buy players and not sell our main assests.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #2797: Mar 11, 2012 05:44:33 pm
      I hope these lads have another 100m for this summers transfer window.. an are happy about taking massive losses on the junk we bought.

I dont care about racecars,baseball teams and them operating in american sports monopolys.. over here in the PL its dog eat dog
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2798: Mar 12, 2012 12:55:14 pm
      I hope these lads have another 100m for this summers transfer window.. an are happy about taking massive losses on the junk we bought.

I dont care about racecars,baseball teams and them operating in american sports monopolys.. over here in the PL its dog eat dog

Why is everything seperate from the Premier League. Can't we just call it English football. Oh I forgot it's a brand isn't it!!

So who gets sold to fund this £100 million spending spree?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2799: Mar 12, 2012 12:57:04 pm

You don't think NASCAR is dog eat dog.
      That must be why Henry had Gillett's transporters impounded until they came up with the owed money, right around the time LFC was nearly going to the wall.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #2800: Mar 12, 2012 02:19:53 pm
      Thanks for posting that. Good stuff.

The club really should create it's own "marketing" video to give to transfer targets and their agents. Show them our illustrious history -- younger players from other countries may not know all about LFC and Anfield -- and steal a bit from this FSG video to describe the owners' success record.  If it's as slick at the above video, it could really inject more interest in our "project" and how these transfers could be key heroes in our coming rebirth.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2801: Mar 12, 2012 03:17:27 pm
      Thanks for posting that. Good stuff.

The club really should create it's own "marketing" video to give to transfer targets and their agents. Show them our illustrious history -- younger players from other countries may not know all about LFC and Anfield -- and steal a bit from this FSG video to describe the owners' success record.  If it's as slick at the above video, it could really inject more interest in our "project" and how these transfers could be key heroes in our coming rebirth.
        No video or marketing exercise will make up for not getting into the CL (so far as being able to attract the best player), it is possible that a few player could be stupid enough to fool for a bit of slick marketing but unfortunately almost every play has an agent who couldn't care about our history or the project, £ are all that counts
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2802: Mar 12, 2012 03:38:52 pm
        No video or marketing exercise will make up for not getting into the CL (so far as being able to attract the best player), it is possible that a few player could be stupid enough to fool for a bit of slick marketing but unfortunately almost every play has an agent who couldn't care about our history or the project, £ are all that counts

Must be horrible to have such a downward look on life.

Plenty of very good players will still want to join us, it's all about bringing the right ones in.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2803: Mar 12, 2012 03:46:07 pm
      Must be horrible to have such a downward look on life.

Plenty of very good players will still want to join us, it's all about bringing the right ones in.
        You are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we are going to attract the type of player who will make us champions when we cant even make it into the top 4

I am very happy with my life
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2804: Mar 12, 2012 03:50:04 pm
        You are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we are going to attract the type of player who will make us champions when we cant even make it into the top 4

I am very happy with my life

Did Man City bring players in on their first or second bout of spending to win them the league..?

Plenty of top quality players will want to come to us. It will just take a bit of time.
      Another example of fans who have no patience.

The difference is I'd still support and be behind the club if we were in league 2.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2805: Mar 12, 2012 03:56:49 pm
      We should never be compared to man city our owners will not spend a fraction of what Citys owners have.  That is why we cannot make the same mistakes city have in the transfer market

Quick Reply