Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2816387 times
      racerx34 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16698: Apr 09, 2015 05:31:31 pm

Its either a vicious or virtuous circle for a football team.

Or vacuous.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #16699: Apr 09, 2015 05:55:19 pm
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16700: Apr 09, 2015 06:18:27 pm

Or voluptuous.

Am I doing this right?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #16701: Apr 09, 2015 06:24:49 pm
      Or voluptuous.

Am I doing this right?

I don't think there's a right or wrong...just pick a word that starts with v and ends in "ous" and you're good.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16702: Apr 09, 2015 06:31:28 pm
      Fenway: The brand that likes to say sh*te!

especially via Johnny's little footsoldiers..
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16703: Apr 09, 2015 07:14:22 pm

A bit like Borini I don't know what you bring to this forum.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16704: Apr 09, 2015 07:16:58 pm
      IMO, it wouldn't be the same, if we sanctioned a deal of 2 players both worth 50m+ our risk is far greater than of spending 20m on different players. You are minimizing your potential losses in case the signing does not work out

I know. Its exactly what I'm saying.

FSG prefer to spread the risk.

But there is potentially bigger reward to 'gamble' on the established player who will cost more both in transfer fee and wages.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16705: Apr 09, 2015 07:19:26 pm

But there is potentially bigger reward to 'gamble' on the established player who will cost more both in transfer fee and wages.

We have said it here more than once...at certain times you have to roll the dice to get anywhere, risk avoidance has its place in some scenarios like 16-20 year olds...but at sometime you need to spend big and take risk to get anywhere.

If risk is never taken reward will never come.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16706: Apr 09, 2015 07:19:43 pm
      I don't think there's a right or wrong...just pick a word that starts with v and ends in "ous" and you're good.
      Cool...

How about:

vagarious
      vainglorious
      valorous
      vanadous
      vaporous
      various
      venomous
      venous
      venturous
      venulous
      veracious
      verdurous
      verisimilitudinous
      verminous
      vexatious
      vicarious
      vicissitudinous
      victorious
      vigorous
      villainous
      villous
      vinaceous
      vinous
      violaceous
      viperous
      viraginous
      viruliferous
      viscous
      vitreous
      vivacious
      viviparous
      vociferous
      voluminous
      vomitous
      voracious
      or
      vulturous?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16707: Apr 09, 2015 07:29:41 pm
      We have said it here more than once...at certain times you have to roll the dice to get anywhere, risk avoidance has its place in some scenarios like 16-20 year olds...but at sometime you need to spend big and take risk to get anywhere.

If risk is never taken reward will never come.

Yep.

I'm hoping the summer will be that time AZ.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16708: Apr 09, 2015 07:42:57 pm
      Yep.

I'm hoping the summer will be that time AZ.

The only problem is Si if we bring in quality and take the risk but lose Sterling once again is the case of 2 steps forward/ 1 step back.

They are trying to catch lightning in a bottle and that is a very tough way to bring everything into fruition.

I don't think Raheem is worth 150k/week nor do I think he really wants to stay but aside from that you can't just continually build a youth system, have players blossom and let them just walk out.

This is the first real player of quality from the youth set-up that we will see go, (I don't count Robinson, Kelly or some others as "real quality") I am hoping this is going to be the exception and not the rule; if it is the rule than we are just a feeder for the elites of the world just like the championship is to the PL.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16709: Apr 09, 2015 08:04:09 pm
      The only problem is Si if we bring in quality and take the risk but lose Sterling once again is the case of 2 steps forward/ 1 step back.

They are trying to catch lightning in a bottle and that is a very tough way to bring everything into fruition.

I don't think Raheem is worth 150k/week nor do I think he really wants to stay but aside from that you can't just continually build a youth system, have players blossom and let them just walk out.

This is the first real player of quality from the youth set-up that we will see go, (I don't count Robinson, Kelly or some others as "real quality") I am hoping this is going to be the exception and not the rule; if it is the rule than we are just a feeder for the elites of the world just like the championship is to the PL.

Every club in world football is a feeder club for Barcelona and Madrid, the Scum have been caught out more than us with far far bigger players Beckham ( their youth ) as well as Ronaldo. However if it happens which i believe it Wont and he goes to Arsenal I will agree with you.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16710: Apr 09, 2015 08:33:37 pm
      Every club in world football is a feeder club for Barcelona and Madrid, the Scum have been caught out more than us with far far bigger players Beckham ( their youth ) as well as Ronaldo. However if it happens which i believe it Wont and he goes to Arsenal I will agree with you.

Regardless, in the end sometimes you need to take chances and risk.

Very few people, businesses or clubs for that matter became successful by always playing it safe.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,181 posts | 531 
      Reply #16711: Apr 09, 2015 08:52:38 pm

And your posts are sh*te mate, never mind you will be back to school soon, thank god !

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #16712: Apr 09, 2015 09:48:41 pm

Sr, I know where you're coming from mate, but we don't have the capability to take that risk at the moment in time, clubs who make lots money can, because they can cover their losses easily if their gamble doesn't work, in our case we still can't.  It's either that our quick and current ratios (both tell us how liquid and solvent our club is, it's important that we have enough liquidity to be able to cover our debts. ) are still not operating at a certain level the owners wants to be at. IMO, we need to wait another few years to see another constant growth in our revenues (even if it means missing out on the CL this season) to get a lot more closer to the top richest clubs in England, then we can compare it to the owner's ability to sanction 50m or 60m deals and pay top wages. If the owners are still strict with their spending, then yes there is a problem with the owners willingness to commit and show ambition, this I will definitely admit to. However, so far so good, they just need to get rid of the stupid committee and get better scouts.

I agree with you, the bigger the gamble, the bigger the reward.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16713: Apr 09, 2015 10:00:36 pm
      Sr, I know where you're coming from mate, but we don't have the capability to take that risk at the moment in time, clubs who make lots money can, because they can cover their losses easily if their gamble doesn't work, in our case we still can't.  It's either that our quick and current ratios (both tell us how liquid and solvent our club is, it's important that we have enough liquidity to be able to cover our debts. ) are still not operating at a certain level the owners wants to be at. IMO, we need to wait another few years to see another constant growth in our revenues (even if it means missing out on the CL this season) to get a lot more closer to the top richest clubs in England, then we can compare it to the owner's ability to sanction 50m or 60m deals and pay top wages. If the owners are still strict with their spending, then yes there is a problem with the owners willingness to commit and show ambition, this I will definitely admit to. However, so far so good, they just need to get rid of the stupid committee and get better scouts.

It's always a risk signing any player, even cheap players. At least signing a player that has shown they can do it at the top level shows ambition, something we appear to lack ATM.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #16714: Apr 09, 2015 10:07:31 pm
      Signing Lallana for 25m or Lovren for 20m shows lack of ambition?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16715: Apr 09, 2015 10:07:38 pm

FSG would rather spend £40M odd on Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Lambert, Ilori, Assaidi than the same money on one top quality player.

I know which I'd rather have.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16716: Apr 09, 2015 10:10:43 pm
      Signing Lallana for 25m or Lovren for 20m shows lack of ambition?

I consider them steady the ship signings, first team ready players sure, but hardly ambitious big name players.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16717: Apr 09, 2015 10:13:15 pm
      FSG would rather spend £40M odd on Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Lambert, Ilori, Assaidi than the same money on one top quality player.

You can't blame FSG Si, they only sign the cheques  ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #16718: Apr 09, 2015 10:14:55 pm
      I consider them steady the ship signings, first team ready players sure, but hardly ambitious big name players.

Would you have said the same if we ended up with Costa and Sanchez (if they did not reject us)?

FSG did not choose those players. I would rather have spent money on Coutinho & Sturridge for 20m, or 8m on more Coutinhos.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16719: Apr 09, 2015 10:16:00 pm
      It's always a risk signing any player, even cheap players. At least signing a player that has shown they can do it at the top level shows ambition, something we appear to lack ATM.

Balotelli did not work out, but it was a risk worth taking because you knew that somewhere in the dense underbrush that is his mind there was some real talent and potential there.

Aspas, Alberto, Sahin (loan),Assiadi, Borini and others were lets face it a waste of money, I would rather had rolled the dice on one player than spreading out the risk over this pile of crap.

Last season our bench was dire..I mean dire..I have not a problem with guys like Lovren, Allen, Lallana, Moreno and Lambert in our squad..and we needed a better squad there is no doubt about that.

But now, now that we have a decent bench upon which to call we need to improve our starting XI and not just look to build depth or just break even replacements for those that have gone or been let go.

We desperately need a impact-full starting XI player or two that can come in and dethrone a couple of this years starters to the bench and move our club forward.

Anything else and we are treading water.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16720: Apr 09, 2015 10:18:20 pm
      FSG did not choose those players.

FSG's policy choose those players mate.

Quick Reply