Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2816503 times
      Tayls, __Tickle__, Rush, racerx34 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16721: Apr 09, 2015 10:20:32 pm
      Would you have said the same if we ended up with Costa and Sanchez (if they did not reject us)?
      No, but when we failed to get those guys, we instantly looked for cheaper options.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16722: Apr 09, 2015 10:22:04 pm
      Balotelli did not work out, but it was a risk worth taking because you knew that somewhere in the dense underbrush that is his mind there was some real talent and potential there.

Aspas, Alberto, Sahin (loan),Assiadi, Borini and others were lets face it a waste of money, I would rather had rolled the dice on one player than spreading out the risk over this pile of crap.

Last season our bench was dire..I mean dire..I have not a problem with guys like Lovren, Allen, Lallana, Moreno and Lambert in our squad..and we needed a better squad there is no doubt about that.

But now, now that we have a decent bench upon which to call we need to improve our starting XI and not just look to build depth or just break even replacements for those that have gone or been let go.

We desperately need a impact-full starting XI player or two that can come in and dethrone a couple of this years starters to the bench and move our club forward.

Anything else and we are treading water.
      Unfortunately I don't see a change in policy being likely.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16723: Apr 09, 2015 10:23:43 pm
      FSG's policy choose those players mate.

whats the policy?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16724: Apr 09, 2015 10:27:37 pm

We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/john-henry-s-open-letter-to-fans

The problem is in never overpaying for transfer fees, wages is that you may see the value different than others, when in honesty the market is truly what others are willing to pay.

The best players in the world are all overvalued and overpaid...so how can one compete with the very best clubs when the very best is overpaying for players.

Never will work.

If you read the full letter it will state that FSG is relying on FFP to be strictly enforced; if that was to happen then over a long period of time we could then compete. Until then we will hover around #7-10 in the world and no better.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16725: Apr 09, 2015 10:28:59 pm

From Brendan,

"The model here at the football club is clear in terms of the owners want to bring in young players in order to develop and create them into world class players, which of course can be a longer and more difficult process."

Thanks to Bad Boy Bubby who I think quoted this the other day in this thread.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16726: Apr 09, 2015 10:30:35 pm
      We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages. We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players.

The problem is in never overpaying for transfer fees, wages or is that you may see the value different than others, when in honesty the market is truly what others are willing to pay.

Thats not what they said though is it, they said they would compete with the best for the best but not hrld to ransom, but again i ask the same question when apart from Sigurdsson have we been held to ranson on wages or fee for a player please tell me.......anyone F***ing tell me or stop making this sh*t up.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #16727: Apr 09, 2015 10:37:50 pm

The problem is in never overpaying for transfer fees, wages is that you may see the value different than others, when in honesty the market is truly what others are willing to pay.

The best players in the world are all overvalued and overpaid...so how can one compete with the very best clubs when the very best is overpaying for players.

Never will work.

If you read the full letter it will state that FSG is relying on FFP to be strictly enforced; if that was to happen then over a long period of time we could then compete. Until then we will hover around #7-10 in the world and no better.

They contradict themselves with that statement, they paid inflated transfer fees on Lovren, Lallana and Markovic.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16728: Apr 09, 2015 10:40:30 pm
      Thats not what they said though is it, they said they would compete with the best for the best but not hrld to ransom, but again i ask the same question when apart from Sigurdsson have we been held to ranson on wages or fee for a player please tell me.......anyone F***ing tell me or stop making this sh*t up.

They contradict themselves with that statement, they paid inflated transfer fees on Lovren, Lallana and Markovic.

Just above I quoted the manager who also explains the policy at the club.

Up to you lads whether you believe him or not.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16729: Apr 09, 2015 10:41:05 pm
      Thats not what they said though is it, they said they would compete with the best for the best but not hrld to ransom, but again i ask the same question when apart from Sigurdsson have we been held to ranson on wages or fee for a player please tell me.......anyone f**king tell me or stop making this sh*t up.

Answer me this Mad.

Do you think Brendan's pool of players from which he can draw primarily consist of the greatest talents in the world of football?

Or another way:

Do you truly believe that the committee is allowed to look at all players available in Europe and choose who they think best will move the club forward?

All I have seen honestly in 5 years is:

1.) No-name players that might come due....Aspas, Borini, Luis Alberto, Assiadi.

2.) Lower tier premier league players Allen, Borini, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Carroll

3.) Younger players with big upside potential but reasonable fees/salaries  Suarez, Henderson, Coutinho, Sahko, Moreno,

4.) Cast off's or bad rep players Balotelli, Sturridge

You mean to tell me in the past 10 transfer windows we could not land one "big name" and it is because they all just never worked out?

If that is what you think than so be it, I have seen these guys operate for 15 years now and whilst I do not think them bad owners, they are risk adverse owners.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16730: Apr 09, 2015 10:45:22 pm

15-25 million is not a big risk, a risk would have been to take Lovren's, Lallana's and Moreno's transfer fee, take the risk and go out and get an impact player.

Spreading that 57 million on a world class player would be a risk.

In your mind the fees were inflated...I see Lallana as an English player and team captain of a very exciting Southampton Club it Chelsea, Arsenal or City would have wanted him they would have paid the same;

25 million to me seems about the going rate for an English, Premier League, Midfield, Captain all rolled into one.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16731: Apr 09, 2015 10:46:10 pm
      Answer me this Mad.

Do you think Brendan's pool of players from which he can draw primarily consist of the greatest talents in the world of football?

Or another way:

Do you truly believe that the committee is allowed to look at all players available in Europe and choose who they think best will move the club forward?

All I have seen honestly in 5 years is:

1.) No-name players that might come due....Aspas, Borini, Luis Alberto, Assiadi.

2.) Lower tier premier league players Allen, Borini, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Carroll

3.) Younger players with big upside potential but reasonable fees/salaries  Suarez, Henderson, Coutinho, Sahko, Moreno,

4.) Cast off's or bad rep players Balotelli, Sturridge

You mean to tell me in the past 10 transfer windows we could not land one "big name" and it is because they all just never worked out?

If that is what you think than so be it, I have seen these guys operate for 15 years now and whilst I do not think them bad owners, they are risk adverse owners.

Seriously!!!

How about willing to pay transfer fee for Willian and wages and he chose another club.

times that with Costas, Salah and Mikerssssson (sp) ... is it the fact that our manager cannot attract the players rather than the owners.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #16732: Apr 09, 2015 10:49:47 pm
      15-25 million is not a big risk, a risk would have been to take Lovren's, Lallana's and Moreno's transfer fee, take the risk and go out and get an impact player.

Spreading that 57 million on a world class player would be a risk.

It's the same with spending the same of ammount on unproven players. I would even say that paying that ammount on a world class player is less risky.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16733: Apr 09, 2015 10:54:40 pm
      Seriously!!!

How about willing to pay transfer fee for Willian and wages and he chose another club.

times that with Costas, Salah and Mikerssssson (sp) ... is it the fact that our manager cannot attract the players rather than the owners.

Most here would call me very very pro FSG...some on here have even call me an employee of FSG .

If you think our transfer policy/wage structure is not prohibitive in attracting world class talent (or keeping it) and you laying all the blame on Brendan than you, George and perhaps a new friend in littlefart? can enjoy each others company and bi*ch and moan all day long because nobody else here believes it.

Have fun
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16734: Apr 09, 2015 11:01:43 pm

Most here would call me very very pro FSG...some on here have even call me an employee of FSG .

If you think our transfer policy/wage structure is not prohibitive in attracting world class talent (or keeping it) and you laying all the blame on Brendan than you, George and perhaps a new friend in littlefart? can enjoy each others company and bi*ch and moan all day long because nobody else here believes it.

Have fun

again i will repeat the question, its not a hard one, in fact its a very simple one. When has this so called FSG structure seen us lose out on a player ? its not hard or rocket science just please say which player and why.....

If you cant please do me this favour, find a mirror stare into it and take a long hard look at yourself because you are talking sh*te that you cant back up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #16735: Apr 09, 2015 11:06:04 pm
      Seriously!!!

You keep saying that we offered the same wage packet but I haven't seen you provide proof of that yet?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16736: Apr 09, 2015 11:11:10 pm
      Seriously!!!

Pretty sure we were outbid for William, Salah too. Costa wanted to stay at Atletico for one more season, Mikhitarian had nothing but praise for Liverpool, but Dortmund were at their peak then, and were more attractive a proposition.

So not paying "over the odds" played a part in failing to land some of our targets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16737: Apr 09, 2015 11:13:27 pm
      again i will repeat the question, its not a hard one, in fact its a very simple one. When has this so called FSG structure seen us lose out on a player ? its not hard or rocket science just please say which player and why.....

Willian.

Quotes from Brendan at the time.

But while the Northern Irishman admitted that he was disappointed not to have signed the 25-year-old, he questioned the reasons behind the player's choice.

"It’s disappointing because this was a player who would have been perfect for us," Rodgers admitted. "It wasn’t a football [decision] and I don’t really want to go into it… that’s for us as a club really.

"The bottom line is he hasn’t come here for whatever reason and we move on.

"We identify the targets and then try and get the deal done financially. That’s how it was.

"The club has pushed financially as hard as they felt they could but it wasn’t to be."

I'm sure you can add Dempsey, Costa, Myhitaryan to the list as well.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16738: Apr 09, 2015 11:14:19 pm
      You keep saying that we offered the same wage packet but I haven't seen you provide proof of that yet?

He has no proof.

We have statements from FSG that they will abide by FFP, never overpay and build with youth and from within. We have confirmation of this strategy from the Manager and even the respected journos from the Echo state that there is a serious wage structure in place at the the club.

Evidently its all Brendan's fault.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16739: Apr 09, 2015 11:17:19 pm
      He has no proof.

We have statements from FSG that they will abide by FFP, never overpay and build with youth and from within. We have confirmation of this strategy from the Manager and even the respected journos from the Echo state that there is a serious wage structure in place at the the club.

It's strange that people are trying to argue otherwise AZ.

Even if you just look purely at the type of players we have signed over FSG's ownership, and players we didn't get but were in for,  it doesn't take much thought to see a pattern emerging.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16740: Apr 09, 2015 11:18:14 pm
      He has no proof.

Yet you cannot say who we got outbid for strange that....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16741: Apr 09, 2015 11:19:43 pm

You seriously don't think we haven't got outbid and missed out on players we were in for mate?

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16742: Apr 09, 2015 11:21:25 pm
      You seriously don't think we haven't got outbid and missed out on players we were in for mate?

Who.? And by how much.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16743: Apr 09, 2015 11:21:35 pm
      Willian, Dempsey, Salah
      Spurs outbid us for Dempsey, Chelsea outbid us for Walsh, Spurs, and then Chelsea both outbid us for Willian.

Quick Reply