Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2806767 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17710: May 24, 2015 07:18:35 pm
      Yep, there goes the 12th man - the great Anfield atmosphere replaced by rich spoilt tools eating their prawn sandwiches.

Can't wait for a day out at Anfield that is dead quiet with rich kids quaffing champagne in their exclusive boxes and Tony Pulis strolls the touchline looking like a paedophile tribute act, hired on the mere basis he wears a baseball cap like an American and is dirt cheap.
      They'll put in lots of corporate boxes and earn shitloads of matchday hospitality revenue. We are just waiting for the day they sell the naming rights for anny road stand, and centenary stand. Or taking things too far, the kop. Imagine the "coca-cola stand"...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17711: May 24, 2015 07:29:30 pm
      I don't care who they need to take advice from but they need of from someone to start running this football club properly again. And I mean as a football club not a business.

No problem with spending what we earn if that is what we have to do but hire the people who will make the most of that policy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17712: May 24, 2015 08:47:56 pm
      FYI my American friends ... newsflash ... the soccer season is over ... that's the Premier League btw... yea, all finished. We came 6th.
      So ... time to put down the pipe ... throw off the slippers ... fire up the online banking account ... and GET A F***ing GRIP!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17713: May 24, 2015 08:57:59 pm
      FYI my American friends ... newsflash ... the soccer season is over ... that's the Premier League btw... yea, all finished. We came 6th.
      So ... time to put down the pipe ... throw off the slippers ... fire up the online banking account ... and GET A F***ing GRIP!
      Strange. I didn't understand half of the above but I know I full agree with it all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #17714: May 24, 2015 09:33:09 pm
      I never really cared about FSG's appearances at Anfield, was more than happy for them to keep themselves buried in Boston and not meddle....but they really have been absentee in a lot of ways. If there are going to be head's rolling after this season, they should get it started with their own.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17715: May 24, 2015 09:36:29 pm
      I never really cared about FSG's appearances at Anfield, was more than happy for them to keep themselves buried in Boston and not meddle....but they really have been absentee in a lot of ways. If there are going to be head's rolling after this season, they should get it started with their own.

It hasn't bothered me too much either FL.

What does bother me is that they have left the club with no one in charge who seems to know what the F**k they are doing. If they are going to be absent owners then employ one or tow people who will do  the job properly.

Having said that many of us have the feeling that the people currently in their roles are doing exactly as the bosses ask which is an even bigger problem.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #17716: May 24, 2015 09:38:35 pm

What does bother me is that they have left the club with no one in charge who seems to know what the f**k they are doing. If they are going to be absent owners then employ one or tow people who will do  the job properly.

Having said that many of us have the feeling that the people currently in their roles are doing exactly as the bosses ask which is an even bigger problem.

Yep, I don't think Ian Ayre is acting against his bosses's wishes. He's doing exactly as told which is a telling and worrying sign for our future.

By the way...if we won't pay the required wages and go after the right players to win trophies....what makes anyone think that FSG will pay the required wages to get Jürgen Klopp? I really doubt he'll take us on as a charity case. He'll  want paid big money just like highly sought after players would.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17717: May 24, 2015 09:42:59 pm
      Yep, I don't think Ian Ayre is acting against his bosses's wishes. He's doing exactly as told which is a telling and worrying sign for our future.

By the way...if we won't pay the required wages and go after the right players to win trophies....what makes anyone think that FSG will pay the required wages to get Jürgen Klopp? I really doubt he'll take us on as a charity case. He'll  want paid big money just like highly sought after players would.

I'm not sure Klopp would be on much bigger wages than Brendan has been although I'm no expert mate and I'm sure someone on here would have a better idea.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17718: May 24, 2015 09:43:16 pm

What does bother me is that they have left the club with no one in charge who seems to know what the f**k they are doing. If they are going to be absent owners then employ one or tow people who will do  the job properly.

We need a figure head every company does and they need to be visible. Having two or more people knowbody knows or sees is part of the problem. If they are going to be absent promote Kenny to a role that reflects his real standing in the club rather than one that they think satifies the fans.
      It would take pages and pages to go through the mistakes made since 2007 and I don't know if we have actually reached the bottom yet there matbe more pain to come
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17719: May 24, 2015 09:45:58 pm
      We need a figure head every company does and they need to be visible. Having two or more people knowbody knows or sees is part of the problem. If they are going to be absent promote Kenny to a role that reflects his real standing in the club rather than one that they think satifies the fans.
      It would take pages and pages to go through the mistakes made since 2007 and I don't know if we have actually reached the bottom yet there matbe more pain to come

I wouldn't be convinced about Kenny running the club Walt as he has no real experience in that field and I'm sure I've heard it from himself that he didn't like player negotiations and the like which is why he liked working with Peter Roinson and Damian Comolli.

I would like him to be like an non executive chairman or Club President type figure though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17720: May 24, 2015 09:48:51 pm
      what makes anyone think that FSG will pay the required wages to get Jürgen Klopp?

We'll just dangle him a Standard Chartered Bank account, a brand new Vauxhall, a Subway and Dunkin Donuts for lunch and a can of Carlsberg to wash it down with, all catered for by our sponsors of course. :D

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17721: May 24, 2015 09:49:40 pm
      I wouldn't be convinced about Kenny running the club Walt as he has no real experience in that field and I'm sure I've heard it from himself that he didn't like player negotiations and the like which is why he liked working with Peter Roinson and Damian Comolli.

I would like him to be like an non executive chairman or Club President type figure though.

I meant as a figurehead not in running the club but he couldnt do any worse could he.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #17722: May 24, 2015 10:31:23 pm
      I meant as a figurehead not in running the club but he couldnt do any worse could he.

Isn't Kenny already in that type of role?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17723: May 24, 2015 10:32:30 pm
      One thing I do hope if FSG do make a change is that they really don't think John Carver is the best coach in the league.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17724: May 25, 2015 08:57:09 am
      If they want to own this club from a distance then thats fine but get a board together at Anfield of decent football people and let them sort this club out as we need a root and branch clear out. A public flogging of Ayre might be a good start
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17725: May 25, 2015 09:02:37 am
      If changes aren't made over the next four weeks there needs to be a campaign launched against this shower.

We will no longer accept mediocrity!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17726: May 25, 2015 09:32:02 am
      If changes aren't made over the next four weeks there needs to be a campaign launched against this shower.

We will no longer accept mediocrity!

I agree mate.  The fans need to start letting them know that winning is what will make the Club successful and more importantly for them, winning keeps the coffers overflowing. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17727: May 25, 2015 09:50:04 am
      Like I said yesterday, Stoke 6 v 1 Liverpool will tell us more about FSG than it does Rodgers. If he stays after this season after all that's happened, I think we need to focus our energy on the owners

Also said it before that I think FSG are no better than G&H. They just have smarter looking suits and prettier looking smiles.

They may well be extending Anfield, but the PRIORITY as always, is to look at the team. There's no good spending £1000 on a home theatre sound system then inviting all your mates around to watch you play Solitaire.

These guys have just enough cash to make it look like they've got the team's best interests at heart. All the while making a tidy profit on the side.

They want a 'Yes' man, and they have one in Rodgers. At least they know they have a manager who won't rock the boat.

F.S.G - O.U.T
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17728: May 25, 2015 11:13:29 am
      I think everyone on here would agree that if any decision us to be made on the manager it needs to happen immediately. This week. In fact I think that decision should have already been made if doubts were there from the owners perspective.

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #17729: May 25, 2015 11:24:48 am
      I couldn't agree more with those who say we need to do things quickly. I understand those who say we should take time to reflect, but if we are to move forward next season we have to move quickly. Not just with regards to the manager but also which players we are selling and identifying targets we are genuinely interested in. Obviously that can't happen until the managerial situation is sorted.Every other top team will know who they want and will be going about the business of getting those players in.
      Time for FSG to decide if they want to fight to get this club back to the very top, or if they are prepared to accept mediocrity! If it's the latter, then they need to sell up to someone with ambition.
      They sure as hell wouldn't let this situation happen at their beloved Red Sox.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17730: May 25, 2015 11:37:39 am
      I couldn't agree more with those who say we need to do things quickly. I understand those who say we should take time to reflect, but if we are to move forward next season we have to move quickly. Not just with regards to the manager but also which players we are selling and identifying targets we are genuinely interested in. Obviously that can't happen until the managerial situation is sorted.Every other top team will know who they want and will be going about the business of getting those players in.
      Time for FSG to decide if they want to fight to get this club back to the very top, or if they are prepared to accept mediocrity! If it's the latter, then they need to sell up to someone with ambition.
      They sure as hell wouldn't let this situation happen at their beloved Red Sox.

Good post Redangel,I have posted something similar in the Brendan Rodgers thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #17731: May 25, 2015 12:40:04 pm
      I think everyone on here would agree that if any decision us to be made on the manager it needs to happen immediately. This week. In fact I think that decision should have already been made if doubts were there from the owners perspective.

FSG either need to come out in strong, unwavering support of Brendan right away, or they need to get their next manager lined up and let Brendan off asap. They need to be seen as taking control of this situation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #17732: May 25, 2015 12:41:43 pm
      FSG either need to come out in strong, unwavering support of Brendan right away, or they need to get their next manager lined up and let Brendan off asap. They need to be seen as taking control of this situation.

If he is the man they want to take is into next season then they should be making that clear today, or at least in the next day or so.

Quick Reply