Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2767445 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17733: May 25, 2015 12:43:32 pm
      If he is the man they want to take is into next season then they should be making that clear today, or at least in the next day or so.

has anyone actually seen JH is he still alive or has Linda bonked his brains out. The apathy they show towards this club's supporters is disgusting
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #17734: May 25, 2015 03:23:13 pm
      FSG either need to come out in strong, unwavering support of Brendan right away, or they need to get their next manager lined up and let Brendan off asap. They need to be seen as taking control of this situation.
      I don't think they feel the same way as us. There is no financial risk to the club as yet so don't be surprised if they take their time. They will only sit up if we talk about Stadium expansion, new sponsorship deals, raise ticket prices, pricing for hospitality packages, naming rights for stands... Coaching team takes a back seat.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #17735: May 25, 2015 03:31:44 pm
      Lots of LFC Red Sox headlines here.

http://www.fenwaysportsgroup.com/

It's like we are the cousin who is never mentioned.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17736: May 25, 2015 03:34:16 pm
      FSG don't realise who they are messing with here. They probably think they're the owners, but that would mean very little when you have a thousand or or two fans staging a sit down outside the gates, preventing anyone from getting into the ground, or staying behind for a few chants after a home game (media love that). Job done. Sure the police will be called in, but at that point, FSG would have no option but to sell up. Once you make an enemy of the people, it never ends well.

Liverpool FC supporters have proven they won't roll over and die, that they'll take to the streets and do what is required to get themselves noticed. That's the first step, when your 'owners' are thousands of miles away in another country; getting yourself noticed.

It's FSG's move next.

Then it's ours.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #17737: May 25, 2015 03:38:00 pm
      has anyone actually seen JH is he still alive or has Linda bonked his brains out. The apathy they show towards this club's supporters is disgusting

To be fair, I quite the fact they don't shoot from the hip like the other two shysters, maybe they did learn a little something from Kenny - only speak when you have something to say.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #17738: May 25, 2015 03:39:22 pm
      When Rafa Benitez was manager, I learnt more about football tactics following the club. When FSG became the new owner, I learnt how to ruthlessly make a profit following the club. Fans suffer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17739: May 25, 2015 03:40:55 pm
      To be fair, I quite the fact they don't shoot from the hip like the other two shysters, maybe they did learn a little something from Kenny - only speak when you have something to say.

the fact they havent had anything to say about the club for a while is worrying though and not even being present for Stevies farewell is just wrong.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #17740: May 25, 2015 04:05:58 pm
      Lots of LFC Red Sox headlines here.

http://www.fenwaysportsgroup.com/

It's like we are the cousin who is never mentioned.

:lmao:

For gods sake it's laughable it's a new black KIT not a new black UNIFORM.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #17741: May 25, 2015 04:27:39 pm
      :lmao:

For gods sake it's laughable it's a new black KIT not a new black UNIFORM.

You do realize there are cultural and language differences between the US and UK right?

If you walked up to someone here in the states and asked them where they could get a new LFC kit they'd look at you in bewilderment.

I don't really think that our cultural differences play into whether or not FSG is paying attention to what's going on with the club.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #17742: May 25, 2015 04:42:47 pm
      You do realize there are cultural and language differences between the US and UK right?

If you walked up to someone here in the states and asked them where they could get a new LFC kit they'd look at you in bewilderment.

I don't really think that our cultural differences play into whether or not FSG is paying attention to what's going on with the club.

I do realise the cultural difference because I'm not a moron, I know they call their pyjamas uniforms so that's what I'd call them in the headline on the FSG website, they own both teams and should respect that we in Britain use the word kit and not uniform, just like the word club not franchise is that so hard personally I believe most people here know they say uniform it's offensive they can't be bothered to use our correct sporting terminology.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17743: May 25, 2015 05:22:43 pm
      If as reported FSG are sticking with the clubs management structure then it maybe time for the militant wing to be unleashed yet again.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17744: May 25, 2015 05:31:19 pm
      If as reported FSG are sticking with the clubs management structure then it maybe time for the militant wing to be unleashed yet again.

To what end? I'm not sure they'd give a sh*t, less sure they'd even notice. It's not like they bother to turn up for matches is it? I agree something has to be done, wholesale change is what's needed, I'm just not sure how we can go about it in any manner that makes them sit up and notice all the way over in Boston.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17745: May 25, 2015 05:41:14 pm
      To what end? I'm not sure they'd give a sh*t, less sure they'd even notice. It's not like they bother to turn up for matches is it? I agree something has to be done, wholesale change is what's needed, I'm just not sure how we can go about it in any manner that makes them sit up and notice all the way over in Boston.

...and H&G were there every week were they?
      Blank merchandise etc and the sponsors would most certainly be on their back for starters, the sponsor monies are performance related.

The same global tactics would hit them as hard.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015 06:52:17 pm by stuey »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17746: May 25, 2015 05:41:16 pm

Oh sponsors would notice, their investment would notice, something is stirring and it's looking like the eventual outcome to me.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17747: May 25, 2015 05:47:56 pm
      Oh sponsors would notice, their investment would notice, something is stirring and it's looking like the eventual outcome to me.

Our sponsors have already given us the money. New shirt deal? Already done. New shirt sponsorship? Already done. Official shaving foam? Already taken care of. It's too late for that, all those deals are already in place and FSG are laughing all the way to the bank.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17748: May 25, 2015 05:49:42 pm
      Our sponsors have already given us the money. New shirt deal? Already done. New shirt sponsorship? Already done. Official shaving foam? Already taken care of. It's too late for that, all those deals are already in place.

the sponsors do not want any direct contact with angry Liverpool supporters
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17749: May 25, 2015 05:53:27 pm
      Our sponsors have already given us the money. New shirt deal? Already done. New shirt sponsorship? Already done. Official shaving foam? Already taken care of. It's too late for that, all those deals are already in place and FSG are laughing all the way to the bank.

Seriously...

FSG are not laughing all the way to any bank until the asset has realised it's value, in other words sold!

No matter if sponsors have paid up they still have to sell the asset to get the money, fans protest and form action now it will have a massive effect on the value of the club no two ways about it and in turn future sponsorship deals.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #17750: May 25, 2015 05:54:34 pm
      For all those who say they dont want some rich kid rocking up and making us win how did yesterday feel ,
      I dislike Abramovich as much as the next red but by fck he turns up to most games seems to really enjoy it and supports his team , our shower of sh*t couldnt even be bothered to turn up and watch a true club legend bow out sums the fckers up really ,

I voted half way through the season to get rid of BR looking at it now in the cold light of day I think he is the least of our problems  the core is rotten and needs cutting away .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17751: May 25, 2015 05:55:36 pm
      the sponsors do not want any direct contact with angry Liverpool supporters

The sponsors have already given us the money. It makes no difference now whether they sponsor us or not. We already have the money. Besides, it's made no difference at Newcastle. Do you really think Standard Charter give a sh*t about protests in Liverpool when the core of their business is in Asia? Do you think Nivea do when they have worldwide markets? Dunkin Donuts when some fat copper in Los Angeles is having a coffee? Do you think the next FIFA game is in jeopardy if SoS march through the streets? Something has to be done but this won't work. If I thought for one second that it would I'd be marching right alongside them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17752: May 25, 2015 06:06:30 pm
      The sponsors have already given us the money. It makes no difference now whether they sponsor us or not. We already have the money. Besides, it's made no difference at Newcastle. Do you really think Standard Charter give a sh*t about protests in Liverpool when the core of their business is in Asia? Do you think Nivea do when they have worldwide markets? Dunkin Donuts when some fat copper in Los Angeles is having a coffee? Do you think the next FIFA game is in jeopardy if SoS march through the streets? Something has to be done but this won't work. If I thought for one second that it would I'd be marching right alongside them.

It scared the sh*t out of George Gilette and we have fans all over the world apparently.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #17753: May 25, 2015 06:29:18 pm
      For all those who say they dont want some rich kid rocking up and making us win how did yesterday feel ,
      I dislike Abramovich as much as the next red but by fck he turns up to most games seems to really enjoy it and supports his team , our shower of sh*t couldnt even be bothered to turn up and watch a true club legend bow out sums the fckers up really ,

I voted half way through the season to get rid of BR looking at it now in the cold light of day I think he is the least of our problems  the core is rotten and needs cutting away .

I watched the last 20 mins of the play off final between Norwich and Middlesborough and at the end I watched Delia and her husband hug every player and the joy on their faces left you in no doubt just how much it meant to them. Do you know what, I was envious, that Club is in their hearts, and it shows. Contrast that with our owners who don't give a sh*t! As you say Ambramovich is someone I have no respect for, but at least he shows and looks like he cares.
      They are never going to be any different, I just want them gone!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17754: May 25, 2015 07:45:07 pm
      I'm really scared for the immediate future of our club with these owners.

Really scared. Sick to the back teeth of people defending them just because it's the easier thing to do, they want to be right and have come too far with their arguments or are just too F***ing thick to see it.

Mediocrity beckons with them. In fact it's nearly here already. They haven't got a F***ing clue what they're doing with us with regards to turning us into a force again.

It's going to take us sinking to dangerous lows until a lot of our support wake up and take their heads out of their arses and enable a full on revolt.

They F***ing disgust me and some of the support for them just as much.

I F***ing hate them with a passion.

Not one F***ing clue.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17755: May 25, 2015 07:51:37 pm
      I'm really scared for the immediate future of our club with these owners.

Really scared. Sick to the back teeth of people defending them just because it's the easier thing to do, they want to be right and have come too far with their arguments or are just too f**king thick to see it.

Mediocrity beckons with them. In fact it's nearly here already. They haven't got a f**king clue what they're doing with us with regards to turning us into a force again.

It's going to take us sinking to dangerous lows until a lot of our support wake up and take their heads out of their arses and enable a full on revolt.

They f**king disgust me and some of the support for them just as much.

I f**king hate them with a passion.

Not one f**king clue.

its the F***ing arrogance they have towards us I find so annoying.I can actually hear them laughing at us thinking we have any influence on a club we all help to build.

Quick Reply