Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2767586 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21827: Feb 23, 2017 01:15:19 pm
      Seven years of FSG ownership and none commitment see us trophyless, with the exception of 1 (one) league cup and as stated the manager who won it was sacked.

You attempt to distract wanting discussions about stadium extensions to obscure and detract from the fact that JWH&Co are making LFC a shadow of what it was; you like the owners are oceans, if not light years away from true ethos of LFC, wishing to juggle finance ahead of what this club is really about. 
      Oh there it is, the "locals" superfan card. Was wondering how long it would take before you had to pull that one out. I've nothing but the utmost respect for the folks that have Liverpool FC ingrained in their Scouse DNA, but you are a real pompous pr**k sometimes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21828: Feb 23, 2017 01:45:30 pm
      Oh there it is, the "locals" superfan card. Was wondering how long it would take before you had to pull that one out.

Did wonder when that old nutmeg would appear.
      Yet more distraction.

I've nothing but the utmost respect for the folks that have Liverpool FC ingrained in their Scouse DNA, but you are a real pompous pr**k sometimes.

If all else fails resort to abuse.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21829: Feb 23, 2017 02:05:50 pm
      Seven years? - how many managers? - we now have an acknowledged world-class manager and realistically no chance of any silverware half way through the season.

Our depth is still sh*t.

Which manager would you blame most, is there any manager you feel should be allotted more blame proportionately for the team's demise?

The jump out word there is 'blame' with the owner's appointments shouldering the majority of it, another jump out word regarding the above is 'scapegoats'.

FSG is to blame for EVERYTHING bad happening at the club and everybody else is responsible for the good stuff that happens, gotcha

I think they've all played a big part in our consistent mediocrity.

Since when am I making past managers 'scapegoats'? I said they they had money and they pissed it up a tree as they had no idea how to spend it or what tactics they wanted to implement long term, simple as. You seem to conveniently miss out the part where I said "the managers take blame for that too not just the owners".

You mention the ownership's appointments and how we have a world class manager, I'm guessing that means no praise for them then? :roll: Thought not.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21830: Feb 23, 2017 02:06:44 pm
      Did wonder when that old nutmeg would appear.
      Yet more distraction.

Like you're an angel :D.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #21831: Feb 23, 2017 02:08:14 pm

You're one to talk.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21832: Feb 23, 2017 02:43:59 pm
      FSG is to blame for EVERYTHING bad happening at the club and everybody else is responsible for the good stuff that happens, gotcha

I think they've all played a big part in our consistent mediocrity.

Since when am I making past managers 'scapegoats'? I said they they had money and they pissed it up a tree as they had no idea how to spend it or what tactics they wanted to implement long term, simple as. You seem to conveniently miss out the part where I said "the managers take blame for that too not just the owners".

You mention the ownership's appointments and how we have a world class manager, I'm guessing that means no praise for them then? :roll: Thought not.

As stated given that FSG have sacked 4 managers, 4 managers they appointed, that fact alone is damning as is the fact we still lack skill in depth I cannot imagine anyone pointing the finger of responsibility anywhere but in the direction of JWH&Co.

Currently we are seven years into the abyss, the beginning of next season will mean that time extended to 8 years, approaching a decade.
      When do we start to panic? Are we allowed to panic?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21833: Feb 23, 2017 02:48:44 pm

No call for abuse here, in this discussion I have sought to counter any talk of the present owners being a positive for LFC, as stated 7 years of scapegoating leaves us were we are.

You might interpret fact as an abuse to your diatribe but reallity is seldom courteous.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #21834: Feb 23, 2017 02:51:32 pm
      Ah you can't beat a bit of banter on a windy Thursday afternoon  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #21835: Feb 23, 2017 03:23:26 pm
      No call for abuse here, in this discussion I have sought to counter any talk of the present owners being a positive for LFC, as stated 7 years of scapegoating leaves us were we are.
      I for one have not tried to say they were a positive, you are the one that couldn't address the facts of the matter which is they did nothing differently in financing the stadium expansion than any other owner (good or bad) would do. You admitted so yourself.

You might interpret fact as an abuse to your diatribe but reallity is seldom courteous.

It's reality with one "l" Mr. Pretentious, you spelled it wrong :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21836: Feb 23, 2017 04:07:59 pm
      I for one have not tried to say they were a positive, you are the one that couldn't address the facts of the matter which is they did nothing differently in financing the stadium expansion than any other owner (good or bad) would do. You admitted so yourself.

It's reality with one "l" Mr. Pretentious, you spelled it wrong :)

Didn't have my reading glasses on, you are correct of course.

In reality I was made up when JWH&Co took the reigns and saw great things in store for the club.
      Even supported the managers they appointed right up until they sacked them.
      Did begin to get a little sceptical but my faith was restored with the appointment of Jürgen Klopp and assurances that he would be backed to the full.

In spite of Jürgen Klopp that scepticism has returned with a vengeance.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #21837: Feb 23, 2017 04:13:10 pm
      As stated given that FSG have sacked 4 managers, 4 managers they appointed, that fact alone is damning as is the fact we still lack skill in depth I cannot imagine anyone pointing the finger of responsibility anywhere but in the direction of JWH&Co.

Currently we are seven years into the abyss, the beginning of next season will mean that time extended to 8 years, approaching a decade.
      When do we start to panic? Are we allowed to panic?

What am i missing here,Hodgson was already here,no?Don't think any f**ker would say booting him was a poor decision.Kenny,questionable  to let him go, but hey he's over it, now on the board which i think is where they wanted him when he was let go as manager.Then Rodgers again can understand why he was let go when Klopp was available.So 4 for 4?Fact? clarify please?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21838: Feb 23, 2017 04:23:29 pm

What am i missing here,Hodgson was already here,no?Don't think any f**ker would say booting him was a poor decision.Kenny,questionable  to let him go, but hey he's over it, now on the board which i think is where they wanted him when he was let go as manager.Then Rodgers again can understand why he was let go when Klopp was available.So 4 for 4?Fact? clarify please?

FSG sacked 4, appointed 3.
      People supported them all in varying degrees until they were sacked.
      FSG didn't ''let Kenny go'' he was summoned to Boston and sacked.
      FSG claim they were after Klopp, nothing verifies that statement.
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017 11:18:36 pm by stuey »
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #21839: Feb 24, 2017 02:39:05 pm
      Been over this a hundred times at least and once again you want me to regurgitate the same lines, they got the club for a song, the 200m loan is of no consequence when the other profit making areas of the club are taken into account, the worth of the asset they obtained for 300m is now approaching 1bn by most credible estimates.
      Why don't JWH&Co acknowledge and commit to a successful enterprise?

The vast majority on this forum are fully in agreement with the above and do not believe JWH&Co are the right custodians of LFC.

I am more convinced than ever that you are not Human . Everything you seem to post reads like the ' Terms & Conditions '  at the bottom of a legal document ( and just as captivating )  except yours always have a sliver of hate hanging around them .

I'm guessing you're actually a sibling of that STUXNET virus , intended to derail Irans nuclear program ,  and somehow ended up on here stuck in a loop.

Surely you have some  ' Affable software '  you can upload into your system ? Or maybe integrate some jokes onto your database ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21840: Feb 24, 2017 07:26:10 pm
      I am more convinced than ever that you are not Human . Everything you seem to post reads like the ' Terms & Conditions '  at the bottom of a legal document ( and just as captivating )  except yours always have a sliver of hate hanging around them .

I'm guessing you're actually a sibling of that STUXNET virus , intended to derail Irans nuclear program ,  and somehow ended up on here stuck in a loop.

Surely you have some  ' Affable software '  you can upload into your system ? Or maybe integrate some jokes onto your database ?

Blow it out your arse soft lad. You're the joke.
      The topic is JWH&Co if you want to engage just PM me you'll get as good as you give.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #21841: Feb 24, 2017 08:45:17 pm
      Blow it out your arse soft lad. You're the joke.
      The topic is JWH&Co if you want to engage just PM me you'll get as good as you give.

I'm guessing that translates into English as
       " My interface is currently full of sh*t "
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21842: Feb 24, 2017 09:00:31 pm
      I'm guessing that translates into English as
       " My interface is currently full of sh*t "

Blow it out of your arse nobhead.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21843: Feb 24, 2017 10:22:29 pm
      Now now stuey you know as well as I do you are not allowed to have an adverse opinion on Fenway and uncle  JWH. :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21844: Feb 24, 2017 11:00:51 pm
      Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable reading people demand someone else spend hundreds of millions of pounds... It just seems absurd. I know it's the game etc etc, but still it's a strange thing to demand is it not?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21845: Feb 25, 2017 12:14:10 am

Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable reading people demand someone else spend hundreds of millions of pounds... It just seems absurd. I know it's the game etc etc, but still it's a strange thing to demand is it not?
      Isn't that modern football though? Why buy a club as big as Liverpool if you don't have the means to do what's expected and necessary? Because it is both expected and necessary at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Their due diligence showed them that they were getting us for a steal, and the FFP rules led them to believe that they wouldn't have to spend big on players, we were a dream come true for them.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21846: Feb 25, 2017 09:22:39 am
      Isn't that modern football though? Why buy a club as big as Liverpool if you don't have the means to do what's expected and necessary? Because it is both expected and necessary at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Their due diligence showed them that they were getting us for a steal, and the FFP rules led them to believe that they wouldn't have to spend big on players, we were a dream come true for them.

I 100% get that. But on the other hand, why buy a club just to blow your money. I think it's good we have measured owners who know what they are doing with money. That way we won't end up like City and be in the sh*t when their owners get board and leave them with crippling debts
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21847: Feb 25, 2017 10:11:05 am
      I 100% get that. But on the other hand, why buy a club just to blow your money. I think it's good we have measured owners who know what they are doing with money. That way we won't end up like City and be in the sh*t when their owners get board and leave them with crippling debts

This seems to be the fall back position for those backing FSG, that The owners of City and Chelsea will get board and leave them with huge debts. What is this based on? Roman has been here for years and really seems to be intent on bringing Chelsea continued success, he has invested his own money to get them to the level they're at today, and now they don't need to get into huge debt to bring in the best players. They dont because of the money they can generate due to the success they've had brought on by Roman putting his money wether his mouth is.
      City owners are doing everything they can to bring about success, not much more can be asked if them, which is more that can be said of our "Safe" owners. No risk, huge financial reward for themselves, no on field success.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #21848: Feb 25, 2017 10:49:38 am
      This seems to be the fall back position for those backing FSG, that The owners of City and Chelsea will get board and leave them with huge debts. What is this based on? Roman has been here for years and really seems to be intent on bringing Chelsea continued success, he has invested his own money to get them to the level they're at today, and now they don't need to get into huge debt to bring in the best players. They dont because of the money they can generate due to the success they've had brought on by Roman putting his money wether his mouth is.
      City owners are doing everything they can to bring about success, not much more can be asked if them, which is more that can be said of our "Safe" owners. No risk, huge financial reward for themselves, no on field success.

Some will wake up eventually.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21849: Feb 25, 2017 11:11:18 am

Coincidentally some are avoiding faith and commitment as they cat-nap.

Quick Reply