Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642418 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21873: Feb 25, 2017 02:14:46 pm
      Why buy a football club and not invest sufficiently for which you could profit even more than what you are already,
      The value of the club has went through the roof without us actually winning anything,
      Imagine therefore the potential profits to be had if and when the titles and tin arrive,
      FSG & Co are said to be astute business men so surely they can see that with a considerable amount of investment in quality individuals and the wages that come with them,  makes sound business sense, no?

So why don't they???????

YNWA

Have they not spent tens of millions of pounds? Could they spend more? Of course they could but I'm seeing some progress.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #21874: Feb 25, 2017 02:17:34 pm
      Technically, yes, although my understanding is that it's a lot more complex than that, involving tax write offs, FFP, Chelsea Village, new stadium etc etc
      So he "lends the club money" then he pays interest to himself on the loan(s), and then writes off a percentage for tax purposes, and compliance.
      He's a bit of a charlatan and a bit of a crook is Roman,

How dare you call RA a charlatan and a crook do you not know that there are...
      There are tax avoidance vehicles that can legally be used
      :f_tongueincheek:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21875: Feb 25, 2017 02:18:46 pm
      I tell you what you keep an eye on the Russian authorities, while the rest of us watch Chelsea winning trophies!
      They are sustainable because the bring in enough money to cover their outgoings. Simples.

I don't think sustainable means constantly borrowing money to cover outgoings, and I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you.

Plus anyone who ends a sentence with "simples" as if that word signifies anything hasn't got a F***ing clue what they're talking about.
      Not a huge surprise from the whiners who brought us "They're nicking our money", "They're taking money out of the club" and that all time great "They're cooking the books to hide it from us".

And on that note, I'm gone.
      I'm not spending my afternoon watching people talk sh*t about things they are completely clueless about.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21876: Feb 25, 2017 02:24:05 pm
      Have they not spent tens of millions of pounds? Could they spend more? Of course they could but I'm seeing some progress.

They're not going to use their own money, which seems to be the biggest gripe.

On the other side of that particular coin, if we (or they) had borrowed from a bank, the amount of money they've loaned us, we'd be spending millions a year in interest payments.
      But of course according to the self entitled, they should just give us a few hundred million because they might make a paper profit in a few years.

It wasn't like there were loads of people lining up to buy us when the price was cheap, I'm not sure that anyone who buys us for a Billion dollars will do anything except bleed us dry, then sell the carcass.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21877: Feb 25, 2017 02:25:57 pm
      I don't think sustainable means constantly borrowing money to cover outgoings, and I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you.

Plus anyone who ends a sentence with "simples" as if that word signifies anything hasn't got a F***ing clue what they're talking about.
      Not a huge surprise from the whiners who brought us "They're nicking our money", "They're taking money out of the club" and that all time great "They're cooking the books to hide it from us".

And on that note, I'm gone.
      I'm not spending my afternoon watching people talk sh*t about things they are completely clueless about.

Never once said the were Nicking our money, or taking it out of the club.
      You couldn't sound more like a PR man if you tried, always leading with scaremongering about bad things could be.
      As for taking sh*t about things I'm clear about! I certainly don't come across as the know it all that you do, that's for sure, but I will certainly continue to give my opinions, considering this is a forum after all. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21878: Feb 25, 2017 02:26:21 pm
      They're not going to use their own money, which seems to be the biggest gripe.

On the other side of that particular coin, if we (or they) had borrowed from a bank, the amount of money they've loaned us, we'd be spending millions a year in interest payments.
      But of course according to the self entitled, they should just give us a few hundred million because they might make a paper profit in a few years.

It wasn't like there were loads of people lining up to buy us when the price was cheap, I'm not sure that anyone who buys us for a Billion dollars will do anything except bleed us dry, then sell the carcass.

More lies and scaremongering! Have you ever considered a career in politics?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21879: Feb 25, 2017 02:27:36 pm

Yes they have,but are we any better off pitchside as to where we were after 7yrs of their tenure, of course we are better run, we have great potential but is it really enough?
      It seems their philosophy is to have us compete with minimal investment, in todays game it simply isn't enough, put simply they're not ambitious enough, if they truly want to bring success and glorydom back to Anfield they need to put in more than what they have so far,

Their reported wage cap will hamper top class signings that needs to be lifted, otherwise our rivals will snap up those individuals, strengthening their potential while weakening ours?

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21880: Feb 25, 2017 02:34:54 pm
      More lies and scaremongering! Have you ever considered a career in politics?

Have you considered that loans were exactly what H&G had?
      Have you considered how much interest we would pay if we borrowed over £150 million (they've actually lent us more than that) from a bank or worse, a Venture Capital firm?

I doubt it.

Look, you carry on whining, I don't give a F**k, but I know for a fact that you're in a minority amongst our fans, and it's only in  this little echo chamber you and others have constructed that we see all this sh*te on a regular basis.

I wouldn't mind, but not a single one of you has a F***ing clue about finance.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21881: Feb 25, 2017 02:50:26 pm
      Have you considered that loans were exactly what H&G had?
      Have you considered how much interest we would pay if we borrowed over £150 million (they've actually lent us more than that) from a bank or worse, a Venture Capital firm?

I doubt it.

Look, you carry on whining, I don't give a F**k, but I know for a fact that you're in a minority amongst our fans, and it's only in  this little echo chamber you and others have constructed that we see all this sh*te on a regular basis.

I wouldn't mind, but not a single one of you has a F***ing clue about finance.

Why are we talking about borrowing £150 million? My position is, and always had been that I have a problem with the way we deal with transfers, That I don't trust the owners due to their obvious PR and bullshit, I can't abide being told "what people want to hear"when its clearly not true. Their scapegoating of managers, buying us "for a steal" to make a profit while making minimal effort to bring us success on the field (which should be our primary aim).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21882: Feb 25, 2017 03:05:33 pm
      Why are we talking about borrowing £150 million? My position is, and always had been that I have a problem with the way we deal with transfers, That I don't trust the owners due to their obvious PR and bullshit, I can't abide being told "what people want to hear"when its clearly not true. Their scapegoating of managers, buying us "for a steal" to make a profit while making minimal effort to bring us success on the field (which should be our primary aim).

They lent us £50 million when they first came (paid back), they lent us (I think) around £120 million for the new stand, which they have not set any repayment schedule for, and which they will probably take as a dividend when they eventually sell.
      That in itself represents a saving of tens of millions in interest alone, and a substantial loss of income for them.

If you think that's irrelevant, then clearly you are in the wrong discussion.

No idea which managers have been "scapegoated".
      KK went to Boston for a meeting and told them "sack me or back me", and the rest is history.
      Funny how KK is now back at the club while people like you are unable to let go an imaginary insult that only you can see, and that doesn't bother KK in the slightest.

More bullshit.
      They haven't scapegoated anyone; they got rid of managers who weren't up to the job.
      Maybe they should have kept Hodgson and not "scapegoated" him, eh?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #21883: Feb 25, 2017 03:27:08 pm
      Breaking news ;

John W Henry has had emergency surgery today to remove Swabs nose from his arse, a spokesperson for Boston memorial ear, nose & throat facility has told lfc Reds that both Mr Henry and his arse are doing fine, there is no news regarding Swabs sh*t filled nose!

End of Bull sh itin!

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21884: Feb 25, 2017 03:28:40 pm
      They lent us £50 million when they first came (paid back), they lent us (I think) around £120 million for the new stand, which they have not set any repayment schedule for, and which they will probably take as a dividend when they eventually sell.
      That in itself represents a saving of tens of millions in interest alone, and a substantial loss of income for them.

If you think that's irrelevant, then clearly you are in the wrong discussion.

No idea which managers have been "scapegoated".
      KK went to Boston for a meeting and told them "sack me or back me", and the rest is history.
      Funny how KK is now back at the club while people like you are unable to let go an imaginary insult that only you can see, and that doesn't bother KK in the slightest.

More bullshit.
      They haven't scapegoated anyone; they got rid of managers who weren't up to the job.
      Maybe they should have kept Hodgson and not "scapegoated" him, eh?

They lent us 50 million after getting us for that price 😂 F**k me!

They originally backed Kenny, thats true, and he won a trophy while coming close to winning another, but sacked him after setting him an unrealistic goal of CL qualification.
      Brendan had to lie about being in full control of transfers for them, good that hes slowly letting the truth out.
      I think it's likely that they will recuperate most, if not of the stand loan before they go.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21885: Feb 25, 2017 03:29:51 pm
      Breaking news ;

John W Henry has had emergency surgery today to remove Swabs nose from his arse, a spokesperson for Boston memorial ear, nose & throat facility has told lfc Reds that both Mr Henry and his arse are doing fine, there is no news regarding Swabs sh*t filled nose!

End of Bull sh itin!

YNWA

Aye, at least I don't insult people to try and get pluses though.

The only sh*t around here is what you and the others of your ilk have for brains.

Never in all my days have a encountered a more self entitled bunch of people who make sh*t up and then go round back slapping each other.
      It's pretty F***ing pathetic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21886: Feb 25, 2017 03:41:09 pm
      They lent us 50 million after getting us for that price 😂 F**k me!

They originally backed Kenny, thats true, and he won a trophy while coming close to winning another, but sacked him after setting him an unrealistic goal of CL qualification.
      Brendan had to lie about being in full control of transfers for them, good that hes slowly letting the truth out.
      I think it's likely that they will recuperate most, if not of the stand loan before they go.

Yep, and gave it all to KK who promised them Champions League, then failed to deliver, after spunking 50 million quid on Andy Carroll.

"Brendan" didn't lie, it's pure sour grapes, nor did he protect them, and nor did he do anything else.
      Everything he did was for the benefit of Brendan Rodgers, and I say that when of the opinion he did pretty well during his time here.
      Another failure in the end though, because he bought sh*te, and wasn't anywhere near as good as he pretended at bringing on younger players.

Bring back Hodgson.
      He was unfairly scapegoated by FSG, those F***ing monsters who've done more to lift us back up to be competitive than any other owners in our history, massively increased our revenue streams and built a new stand, and given every manager money (and plenty of it) to spend.
      Those bas**rds, how dare they!

Are they the worlds best owners?
      No, course not.
      Nor are they the villains that you and others pretend they are.
      The reason other forums don't take the same line, and believe me, RAWK would be all over any financial malfeasance, is because some of us actually know what we're talking about and don't throw a spoiled kid hissy fit every time we don't get something that we want.

And that's what it comes down to with you lot; you can't see that fixing years of neglect takes time, getting the right manager that they wanted from the start takes time.
      Well, everything is in place now, Klopp has money to spend and the squad is building nicely.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Klopp is lying to cover for the owners  :lmao: didn't take long, did it.
      So much for respecting the manager.
      Was KK lying too when he said he had the final say on every single transfer?
      The lengths you people will go to, to try and spin something is F***ing incredible.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #21887: Feb 25, 2017 03:46:13 pm
      Aye, at least I don't insult people to try and get pluses though.

The only sh*t around here is what you and the others of your ilk have for brains.

Never in all my days have a encountered a more self entitled bunch of people who make sh*t up and then go round back slapping each other.
      It's pretty f**king pathetic.

No what's pathetic is that you don't see that FSG and their ilk are taking the f***in piss, 7 f***in yrs and we're still scraping around in the transfer market  failing to land first choice targets,
      These boards are full of posts of targets missed because FSG wouldn't go that extra mile,
      Pull yer heid oot of yer arse, your in danger of drowning in yer own sh*te!!

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21888: Feb 25, 2017 03:52:28 pm
      No what's pathetic is that you don't see that FSG and their ilk are taking the f***in piss, 7 f***in yrs and we're still scraping around in the transfer market  failing to land first choice targets,
      These boards are full of posts of targets missed because FSG wouldn't go that extra mile,
      Pull yer heid oot of yer arse, your in danger of drowning in yer own sh*te!!

YNWA

Of course they are.

How exactly are they "taking the piss"?
      Every manager has had money to spend, our wage bill is the highest it's ever been, and we've consistently bought players for in excess of 30 million quid, plus we have a new stand and massively increased commercial revenue.

Every single club in the world misses targets or doesn't get a player they want, and Moores left a dreadful legacy of inaction while our rivals were speeding ahead into the distance.

The only sh*te anyone is in danger of drowning in is the sh*te you're typing.

Cry me a F***ing river you spoiled, self entitled child.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21889: Feb 25, 2017 03:57:54 pm
      Andy Carroll, Christian Benteke, Sadio Mané.

Have we ever signed anyone else above £30m?!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21890: Feb 25, 2017 04:05:22 pm
      Yep, and gave it all to KK who promised them Champions League, then failed to deliver, after spunking 50 million quid on Andy Carroll.

"Brendan" didn't lie, it's pure sour grapes, nor did he protect them, and nor did he do anything else.
      Everything he did was for the benefit of Brendan Rodgers, and I say that when of the opinion he did pretty well during his time here.
      Another failure in the end though, because he bought sh*te, and wasn't anywhere near as good as he pretended at bringing on younger players.

Bring back Hodgson.
      He was unfairly scapegoated by FSG, those F***ing monsters who've done more to lift us back up to be competitive than any other owners in our history, massively increased our revenue streams and built a new stand, and given every manager money (and plenty of it) to spend.
      Those bas**rds, how dare they!

Are they the worlds best owners?
      No, course not.
      Nor are they the villains that you and others pretend they are.
      The reason other forums don't take the same line, and believe me, RAWK would be all over any financial malfeasance, is because some of us actually know what we're talking about and don't throw a spoiled kid hissy fit every time we don't get something that we want.

And that's what it comes down to with you lot; you can't see that fixing years of neglect takes time, getting the right manager that they wanted from the start takes time.
      Well, everything is in place now, Klopp has money to spend and the squad is building nicely.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Klopp is lying to cover for the owners  :lmao: didn't take long, did it.
      So much for respecting the manager.
      Was KK lying too when he said he had the final say on every single transfer?
      The lengths you people will go to, to try and spin something is F***ing incredible.

1) Did Kenny promise CL qualification? silly thing to do if he did. Kenny didn't spunk £50 on Carroll, or the £35 million he actually cost for that matter. The price was a result of leaving the transfer ti the very last second and was basically paid for by Chelsea agreed to meet the total price of the combined fees of Suarez and Carroll.

2)Brendan didn't lie? Are you mad? Brendan consistently told us he had the first and last say on transfers, this was NOT true, as the arrival of Mario confirmed. He publicly stated one season that he had enough squad players and wanted first team players bought, but didn't get them.

3) I've never denied that they balanced the books. Given the manager's plenty to spend, but with difficult restrictions on how must be spent. You will of course deny this, but it's been clear as day.

4) I don't belief they are the worst owners in the world, I believe they are (very) average owners that don't share the ambitions of the supporters.

5) F**k RAWK! Don't bother with it, and from what I here they don't allow much criticism of FSG.

6)They've been here 7 years, or finances were sorted years ago, when will the trophies start to arrive?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21891: Feb 25, 2017 04:07:52 pm
      Andy Carroll, Christian Benteke, Sadio Mané.

Have we ever signed anyone else above £30m?!

How much was Wijnaldum?

Genuinely dont remember :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21892: Feb 25, 2017 04:08:33 pm
      1) Did Kenny promise CL qualification? silly thing to do if he did. Kenny didn't spunk £50 on Carroll, or the £35 million he actually cost for that matter. The price was a result of leaving the transfer ti the very last second and was basically paid for by Chelsea agreed to meet the total price of the combined fees of Suarez and Carroll.

2)Brendan didn't lie? Are you mad? Brendan consistently told us he had the first and last say on transfers, this was NOT true, as the arrival of Mario confirmed. He publicly stated one season that he had enough squad players and wanted first team players bought, but didn't get them.

3) I've never denied that they balanced the books. Given the manager's plenty to spend, but with difficult restrictions on how must be spent. You will of course deny this, but it's been clear as day.

4) I don't belief they are the worst owners in the world, I believe they are (very) average owners that don't share the ambitions of the supporters.

5) F**k RAWK! Don't bother with it, and from what I here they don't allow much criticism of FSG.

6)They've been here 7 years, or finances were sorted years ago, when will the trophies start to arrive?

Also, this sh*t > :lmao: Come on your better than that childish sh*t.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21893: Feb 25, 2017 04:08:57 pm
      How much was Wijnaldum?

Genuinely dont remember :D

£25 million was the rumor.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21894: Feb 25, 2017 04:10:46 pm
      Cry me a F***ing river you spoiled, self entitled child

Why do you always play the man, not the ball?

:confused-smiley-013: :confused-smiley-013:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21895: Feb 25, 2017 04:11:33 pm

Cool, so just them 3 then.

Quick Reply