Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756547 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21896: Feb 25, 2017 04:16:17 pm

Think we were prepared to pay close to 40 for Sanchez using the Suarez money. That was the figure being quoted at least.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21897: Feb 25, 2017 04:23:19 pm
      1) Did Kenny promise CL qualification? silly thing to do if he did. Kenny didn't spunk £50 on Carroll, or the £35 million he actually cost for that matter. The price was a result of leaving the transfer ti the very last second and was basically paid for by Chelsea agreed to meet the total price of the combined fees of Suarez and Carroll.

2)Brendan didn't lie? Are you mad? Brendan consistently told us he had the first and last say on transfers, this was NOT true, as the arrival of Mario confirmed. He publicly stated one season that he had enough squad players and wanted first team players bought, but didn't get them.

3) I've never denied that they balanced the books. Given the manager's plenty to spend, but with difficult restrictions on how must be spent. You will of course deny this, but it's been clear as day.

4) I don't belief they are the worst owners in the world, I believe they are (very) average owners that don't share the ambitions of the supporters.

5) F**k RAWK! Don't bother with it, and from what I here they don't allow much criticism of FSG.

6)They've been here 7 years, or finances were sorted years ago, when will the trophies start to arrive?

1) KK promised it, he also wanted Carroll, asking Comolli "Can we get him?" so no amount of spin will change that unless you want to call KK a liar.

2) Rodgers lied. He thought he was the master of spin, but it turned out to be as empty as his fabled dossier. He was either lying then or he's lying now, either way, he's a known liar, and so not to be trusted.

3) You see, there's these things called budgets which have to be adhered to when you don't have unlimited amounts of money to spend. Every club works to a budget, but I suppose we should go into debt, waste money left right and centre, and then get into financial difficulties like Leeds. That plan worked out well for them, didn't it? "The club will only spend what it earns". Sounds pretty sensible to me.

4) They will make more when they sell if we are successful. So by your logic, they don't want to make more money when they sell.

5) RAWK have some very bright posters. It's not that they "don't allow" criticism, but it has to be realistic or it gets pulled to shreds. A bit like your arguments.

6) Our finances weren't "sorted years ago". We've been playing catch up after 20-odd years of neglecting off field income. You can thank Moores and Parry for that, the lazy fucks. Being financially viable isn't the same as having revenue streams that allow player recruitment to be competitive.

In addition, our wage bill is the highest it has ever been.

This happens every January when you and a couple of others have a hissy fit because we haven't gone out and spent all our money on overpriced players.
      If we spent it all, you'd spend the time moaning about us getting shafted in the transfer market again.

Klopp had money to spend, couldn't get his targets, said very clearly "it was nothing to do with money" and refused to settle for secondary targets.
      So FSG ensured the money was in place, Klopp couldn't get the players he wanted after offering to pay extra above their valuation, decided to wait rather than just spend for the sake of it, but that's FSG's fault.
      Then you imply that Klopp's lying to protect the owners.
      Protect them from what?

It's F***ing laughable how some try to re-write history to suit their agenda.

Bottom line is that we aren't in a position to compete with oil sheiks, dodgy billionaires and publicly traded clubs who owe a shitload of money.
      We don't have the revenue (yet, but we're catching up).
      But maybe you're right, and Klopp should have blown all his budget paying over the odds for players so that we have nothing to spend come the summer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21898: Feb 25, 2017 04:26:12 pm
      Why do you always play the man, not the ball?

:confused-smiley-013: :confused-smiley-013:

If someone does it to me, I do it back.
      Simple as that.
      It seems to be perfectly acceptable for others to do it (including yourself), but not for someone who doesn't join in with this pathetic witch hunt.
      Funny that.
      Now read back what was said to me, then have a go at billythered, and get back to me.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21899: Feb 25, 2017 04:28:11 pm
      Think we were prepared to pay close to 40 for Sanchez using the Suarez money. That was the figure being quoted at least.

There's a lot of reasons why players choose to join or not join a club.
      Money is only one of them.

How many times have we agreed a fee, and wages with an agent, only for the player to prefer a move somewhere else?
      If memory serves, we offered Sanchez more wages than Arsenal as well.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21900: Feb 25, 2017 04:32:38 pm
      If someone does it to me, I do it back.
      Simple as that.

Why do you always poke your nose into things that aren't your business?

Are two of the of the most childish things i've ever read.

You're on a public forum mate, and you sound like a big kid.

No wonder you deleted that last bit :lmao: F**k me!!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21901: Feb 25, 2017 04:40:02 pm
      Are two of the of the most childish things i've ever read.

You're on a public forum mate, and you sound like a big kid.

No wonder you deleted that last bit :lmao: F**k me!!

Seems to me you're playing the man and not the ball right now.

Still, it's not like I don't know the world is full of hypocrites.

Not a single one of you can back up your accusations and weird entitled statements, and that's your issue. You post sh*te, get shot down then come over all stalker and follow me around trying to get a rise.
      Idiotic.

I said it before and I'll say it again; it's like watching spoiled toddlers being refused an ice cream.
      Tantrums galore.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #21902: Feb 25, 2017 04:42:57 pm

This summer is a big one in terms of our progression and I expect FSG to back Klopp to get whatever he needs.

How will you gauge any progress made and will the comparisons used be winning F**k all for 7 years? Correction one League cup which we are out of.
      We are out of every chance of silverware so I imagine the qualification of progress will be a CL place.

Do you not think JWH&Co in spite of the anticipated financial reward and status enhancement for LFC, will continue their prudent economies that after 7 years see us trophyless for yet another season?

JWH&Co insist they have backed previous managers, what makes you think anything can change with the owner's insistence they are backing this and previous managers?

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21903: Feb 25, 2017 05:12:04 pm
      Seems to me you're playing the man and not the ball right now.

Still, it's not like I don't know the world is full of hypocrites.

Not a single one of you can back up your accusations and weird entitled statements, and that's your issue. You post sh*te, get shot down then come over all stalker and follow me around trying to get a rise.
      Idiotic.

I said it before and I'll say it again; it's like watching spoiled toddlers being refused an ice cream.
      Tantrums galore.

'You started it'  :laugh:  :lmao:

You don't take much following mate, this is the only thread you visit. That in itself is bizarre. I don't know why you are having a go at people in here, without whom you'd have nothing to do.

I mean I decided a while ago that you were a bit weird so I've given up banging my head against a wall with you on the pros and cons of the owners. So, if you genuinely think we are mard arsed babies, then why the sweet F**k have you decided to squat in this thread and continue arguing the toss with us?

I think secretly you love it.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21904: Feb 25, 2017 05:36:36 pm
      1) KK promised it, he also wanted Carroll, asking Comolli "Can we get him?" so no amount of spin will change that unless you want to call KK a liar.

2) Rodgers lied. He thought he was the master of spin, but it turned out to be as empty as his fabled dossier. He was either lying then or he's lying now, either way, he's a known liar, and so not to be trusted.

3) You see, there's these things called budgets which have to be adhered to when you don't have unlimited amounts of money to spend. Every club works to a budget, but I suppose we should go into debt, waste money left right and centre, and then get into financial difficulties like Leeds. That plan worked out well for them, didn't it? "The club will only spend what it earns". Sounds pretty sensible to me.

4) They will make more when they sell if we are successful. So by your logic, they don't want to make more money when they sell.

5) RAWK have some very bright posters. It's not that they "don't allow" criticism, but it has to be realistic or it gets pulled to shreds. A bit like your arguments.

6) Our finances weren't "sorted years ago". We've been playing catch up after 20-odd years of neglecting off field income. You can thank Moores and Parry for that, the lazy fucks. Being financially viable isn't the same as having revenue streams that allow player recruitment to be competitive.

In addition, our wage bill is the highest it has ever been.

This happens every January when you and a couple of others have a hissy fit because we haven't gone out and spent all our money on overpriced players.
      If we spent it all, you'd spend the time moaning about us getting shafted in the transfer market again.

Klopp had money to spend, couldn't get his targets, said very clearly "it was nothing to do with money" and refused to settle for secondary targets.
      So FSG ensured the money was in place, Klopp couldn't get the players he wanted after offering to pay extra above their valuation, decided to wait rather than just spend for the sake of it, but that's FSG's fault.
      Then you imply that Klopp's lying to protect the owners.
      Protect them from what?

It's F***ing laughable how some try to re-write history to suit their agenda.

Bottom line is that we aren't in a position to compete with oil sheiks, dodgy billionaires and publicly traded clubs who owe a shitload of money.
      We don't have the revenue (yet, but we're catching up).
      But maybe you're right, and Klopp should have blown all his budget paying over the odds for players so that we have nothing to spend come the summer.

1) Doesn't matter if Kenny promised it, it was unreasonable to expect it.

2) Rodgers lied so as to not bite the hand that feed him, understandably.
      FSG have also lied, so we shouldn't trust them right?

3)You're twisting things again, it's got F**k all to do with the budget, it's the parameters in which the budget was to be spent. Even you should know what they were.

4) They would potentially make more money if were successful, especially if they managed it on the cheap like that are trying to. There's a method in the type of players they sign too, no superstars on high wages brought in ( and by high I mean compared to the money paid by Utd, Madrid etc) a lower wage bill make us more attractive to Potential buyers. Our wage bill is higher than ever became that's the way of the game now, but compared to the big boys our wage bill is significantly lower.

5) My argument hasn't been pulled to bits, it still stands. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong! Quite assign ego you have there!

6)We are not in breach of FFP, haven't been for years, so or finances were indeed sorted out a few years.

Stop F***ing lying about people wanting to spend money we don't have. Either you imagined it, are you're deliberately twisting. I want the best players we can afford, quality not quantity, I want us to be realistic when offering wages to attract these quality players.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21905: Feb 25, 2017 05:55:10 pm
      6)We are not in breach of FFP, haven't been for years, so or finances were indeed sorted out a few years.

Hasn't FFP been scrapped for the big rich clubs? I think I remember reading they only apply to the lesser teams or something.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21906: Feb 25, 2017 06:24:02 pm
      1) Doesn't matter if Kenny promised it, it was unreasonable to expect it.

2) Rodgers lied so as to not bite the hand that feed him, understandably.
      FSG have also lied, so we shouldn't trust them right?

3)You're twisting things again, it's got F**k all to do with the budget, it's the parameters in which the budget was to be spent. Even you should know what they were.

4) They would potentially make more money if were successful, especially if they managed it on the cheap like that are trying to. There's a method in the type of players they sign too, no superstars on high wages brought in ( and by high I mean compared to the money paid by Utd, Madrid etc) a lower wage bill make us more attractive to Potential buyers. Our wage bill is higher than ever became that's the way of the game now, but compared to the big boys our wage bill is significantly lower.

5) My argument hasn't been pulled to bits, it still stands. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong! Quite assign ego you have there!

Stop F***ing lying about people wanting to spend money we don't have. Either you imagined it, are you're deliberately twisting. I want the best players we can afford, quality not quantity, I want us to be realistic when offering wages to attract these quality players.

1) It was promised but you're blaming the owners for believing him? F***ing hell, that's a hell a stretch.

2) When did FSG lie?

3) No, it's all about a budget, and building with a finite amount of money. Within any budget there are restrictions. Just because you choose to ignore reality is not my problem.

4) They aren't "managing it on the cheap". They stated very clearly, that the club would only spend what it earned. They've increased what we earn, and will do more of that in the future. It doesn't matter a F**k what our wage bill is compared to Man u. Our wage bill is the highest it's ever been, so how is that doing things on the cheap?

5) Your arguments have been utter sh*te amounting to "wahhh, the bad Americans won't spend the money I want them to".

6) ;D we were investigated under FFP just a couple of years ago, and got away with it by the skin of our teeth. There's a lot more to finances than just being in the black. You understand that, right? No?

Yes, plenty of people here do want us to spend money we don't have which is why they constantly whinge about FSG not putting "their own" money in, forgetting of course that ALL of it is FSG's money to put in or take out as they choose. And yet they aren't taking any money out of the club.
      If they were carpetbagger cowboys, as some say, they could asset strip the club, sell us for a song and F**k off, instead, every penny goes back in.
      If we don't make enough to attract the players you seem to want that's down to years of neglect and this F***ing horrible sense of entitlement that a few of our fans seem to have. We don't deserve anything just because of who we are, and it's time some of the fuckwits around here cottoned on to that.

We have a wage structure.
      So do Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, City, in fact every club has a wage structure.

I repeat, our wage bill is the highest it has ever been so we obviously DO pay high wages to the right players.
      It's a tired old argument that's been debunked time and time again, and frankly it's F***ing boring because the evidence is there bu being ignored for the sake of an agenda.

What it comes down to isn't what you, I or any other f**ker wants; it only matters what Klopp wants, but then you've been avoiding mentioning his very clear statements for so long now, I expect you've forgotten who he is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21907: Feb 25, 2017 06:24:54 pm
      Hasn't FFP been scrapped for the big rich clubs? I think I remember reading they only apply to the lesser teams or something.

There was talk about relaxing some of the rules, but I haven't seen anything announced officially.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21908: Feb 25, 2017 06:30:39 pm
      'You started it'  :laugh:  :lmao:

You don't take much following mate, this is the only thread you visit. That in itself is bizarre. I don't know why you are having a go at people in here, without whom you'd have nothing to do.

I mean I decided a while ago that you were a bit weird so I've given up banging my head against a wall with you on the pros and cons of the owners. So, if you genuinely think we are mard arsed babies, then why the sweet F**k have you decided to squat in this thread and continue arguing the toss with us?

I think secretly you love it.

Another lie.

Still playing the man and not the ball I see.
      Didn't you have a problem with that a few posts ago.
      You were quite pompous about it in fact, almost outraged.

What a hypocrite.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #21909: Feb 25, 2017 07:05:56 pm
      I 100% get that. But on the other hand, why buy a club just to blow your money. I think it's good we have measured owners who know what they are doing with money. That way we won't end up like City and be in the sh*t when their owners get board and leave them with crippling debts

Why do you support Liverpool FC? Not taking the piss an absolute honest question. You know we used to spend the most and buy players to stop other teams buying them. All the things we accuse city, chelsea and utd of doing now!!  If we want to get back to the good times we can't be just self-sufficient we need owners prepared to back us as well. Everyone can point to what we've spent on Mane etc but if you put that up against money we brought in from sales etc. Fsg haven't really spent that much on us.

If you look at the long term, which I think is important, What happens when City and Chelsea owners f*ck off? Who can afford to keep them running? dangerous game me thinks, be careful what you wish for!

What like trophies and success. Remind us what we've won so far under these fuckers. 1 league cup ain't it?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21910: Feb 25, 2017 07:28:47 pm
      1) It was promised but you're blaming the owners for believing him? F***ing hell, that's a hell a stretch.

2) When did FSG lie?

3) No, it's all about a budget, and building with a finite amount of money. Within any budget there are restrictions. Just because you choose to ignore reality is not my problem.

4) They aren't "managing it on the cheap". They stated very clearly, that the club would only spend what it earned. They've increased what we earn, and will do more of that in the future. It doesn't matter a F**k what our wage bill is compared to Man u. Our wage bill is the highest it's ever been, so how is that doing things on the cheap?

5) Your arguments have been utter sh*te amounting to "wahhh, the bad Americans won't spend the money I want them to".

6) ;D we were investigated under FFP just a couple of years ago, and got away with it by the skin of our teeth. There's a lot more to finances than just being in the black. You understand that, right? No?

Yes, plenty of people here do want us to spend money we don't have which is why they constantly whinge about FSG not putting "their own" money in, forgetting of course that ALL of it is FSG's money to put in or take out as they choose. And yet they aren't taking any money out of the club.
      If they were carpetbagger cowboys, as some say, they could asset strip the club, sell us for a song and F**k off, instead, every penny goes back in.
      If we don't make enough to attract the players you seem to want that's down to years of neglect and this F***ing horrible sense of entitlement that a few of our fans seem to have. We don't deserve anything just because of who we are, and it's time some of the fuckwits around here cottoned on to that.

We have a wage structure.
      So do Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, City, in fact every club has a wage structure.

I repeat, our wage bill is the highest it has ever been so we obviously DO pay high wages to the right players.
      It's a tired old argument that's been debunked time and time again, and frankly it's F***ing boring because the evidence is there bu being ignored for the sake of an agenda.

What it comes down to isn't what you, I or any other f**ker wants; it only matters what Klopp wants, but then you've been avoiding mentioning his very clear statements for so long now, I expect you've forgotten who he is.

You believe Kenny should've won the league with The team he inherited plus a couple of new faces? Shows how clueless you are!
      The fact that you wont admit that FSG have lied proves you're a bullshiter. These an old saying, "no point arguing with a liar"! I'm done with you WUM.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21911: Feb 25, 2017 07:33:30 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21912: Feb 25, 2017 07:45:56 pm
      You believe Kenny should've won the league with The team he inherited plus a couple of new faces? Shows how clueless you are!
      The fact that you wont admit that FSG have lied proves you're a bullshiter. These an old saying, "no point arguing with a liar"! I'm done with you WUM.

I didn't say that.
      I simply pointed out what KK promised FSG.

I'm also quite confused because you seem unable to understand the very simple question: "When did FSG lie"?
      I mean it's right there in the post you quoted, and I can't see a single word which is a denial on my part.

It's OK though, I get that you can't answer these questions and are having a faux tantrum to avoid answering them.
      Standard technique on here when people are asked to back up their bullshit with evidence.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21913: Feb 25, 2017 07:48:51 pm
      Another lie.

Still playing the man and not the ball I see.
      Didn't you have a problem with that a few posts ago.
      You were quite pompous about it in fact, almost outraged.

What a hypocrite.

What's a lie?

Yeah but you started it so nerrr  :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Played the ball with you already but we got nowhere really, I said we've not been good enough with 1 top 4 finish and a league cup in 7 years and you started going on about me being entitled or self entitled or unintitled or something or other.

The ball took itself home with the futility of it all where we are concerned.

You do spend a disproportionate amount of time on here going on about the perks of having a wall chart and I know this sort of stuff (numbers, figures and spread sheets gets your blood flowing to your unspeakables so fair enough.

For many of us though we want some trophies in the cabinet and some memories in the bank. 50 years from now I don't want to have my grandchild on my knee telling him/her about the great Spring of 2018 where our turnover sky rocketed for the year due to our sponsorship with Subway (eat fresh).

I want to talk about turning over some football teams in games that matter.

I want I want I want!!! I WANT IT NOW!! Waaaaaaa.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2017 08:05:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21914: Feb 25, 2017 07:57:14 pm
      Why do you support Liverpool FC? Not taking the piss an absolute honest question. You know we used to spend the most and buy players to stop other teams buying them. All the things we accuse city, chelsea and utd of doing now!!  If we want to get back to the good times we can't be just self-sufficient we need owners prepared to back us as well. Everyone can point to what we've spent on Mane etc but if you put that up against money we brought in from sales etc. Fsg haven't really spent that much on us.

Finally, a sane post.

No, FSG haven't spent their own money, and it's not an ideal situation, but the reason I can't come down hard on them is that from the very beginning they said we would only spend what we earn as a club.

So I can't get annoyed or upset, because they are doing exactly what they said they would.
      I mean it's no great surprise, and I can't change it, so why get wound up.

We'd all like owners who'd chuck an extra few million in the transfer kitty, but the reality is we have owners who are doing exactly what they said they would.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21915: Feb 25, 2017 08:16:08 pm

What like trophies and success. Remind us what we've won so far under these fuckers. 1 league cup ain't it?

And there you have it. Simple common sense. "They haven't really spent that much on us", nowhere near enough.

Quick point on the wages. I keep reading that we are paying more money out in wages now than we ever have, and as the people saying it appear to know what they're on about I've no doubt it's true. I do notice as I wander through life, oblivious to the why's and wherefores all around me that stuff does get more expensive with time. I think they call it inflation. Houses are more expensive, pints of beer, loaves of bread etc. I suppose it would be a bit silly to expect us to be spending LESS money on wages than we used to wouldn't it? It's how much we are spending relative to everyone else, that's probably where the nub (whatever a nub is) is to be found.

I remember when we started paying John Barnes ten grand a week and he was the highest paid player in British football. Worth every penny he was too, what a f****** footballer Digger was.     

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2017 08:49:50 pm by bigmick »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21916: Feb 25, 2017 08:22:33 pm
      I didn't say that.
      I simply pointed out what KK promised FSG.

I'm also quite confused because you seem unable to understand the very simple question: "When did FSG lie"?
      I mean it's right there in the post you quoted, and I can't see a single word which is a denial on my part.

It's OK though, I get that you can't answer these questions and are having a faux tantrum to avoid answering them.
      Standard technique on here when people are asked to back up their bullshit with evidence.

"we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Would be the most obvious one, but then you already knew about that.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21917: Feb 25, 2017 08:33:19 pm
      Finally, a sane post.

No, FSG haven't spent their own money, and it's not an ideal situation, but the reason I can't come down hard on them is that from the very beginning they said we would only spend what we earn as a club.

So I can't get annoyed or upset, because they are doing exactly what they said they would.

We'd all like owners who'd chuck an extra few million in the transfer kitty, but the reality is we have owners who are doing exactly what they said they would.

Yes they're doing exactly what they said they would, so that's alright then! Maybe the fact that they could be doing more, and the fact that they aren't doing more is a reason to question the way that run the club.
      When it comes to on field matters they've been slow to learn, the whole only buying players under 25 was never going to work.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,912 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21918: Feb 25, 2017 09:07:02 pm
      Finally, a sane post.

Your right about FSG only investing what we earn, that's fine if you are happy being a club like Stoke City, WHU etc they have spent over and above what they would normally spend thanks to the TV deal currently in place,
      They have to spend over and above their normal budget to sustain Premiership status, without the TV money they'd both struggle,
      Their ambition at the start of each season is league survival and perhaps a good cup run,
      Are you seriously suggesting that LFC DON'T spend over and above the norm? 

Incase you might have missed it, the goalposts have shifted in terms of finance for every club, if you pardon the pun,
      Even without the TV money a club such as ours should be at least competing for targets both in fees and wages, it's all about attracting individuals, and persuading them that signing for LFC is the right move for them, that and ambitions of the club, it's manager, the teammates you'll be working with and finally the fans,
      FSG lack ambition, their mantra is to invest as little as possible whilst making as much profit as they can, they DON'T give a F**k about our history, they DON'T give a shiney sh*te whether we win or not, they're not bothered if we achieve a CL spot or not, they can't be f***in arsed to even make a trip to actually watch "their" investment in action, yes they built a new shiney stand with 8thousand extra seats, mostly for their corporate clients who also couldn't give a flying F**k what results we produce,

They employed Jürgen Klopp because he found success on a shoestring budget with Mainz and then with BvB, and they are hoping he does the same here, but both you and I know that ain't gonna happen, not in this league,

This not the Bundesliga where you have mainly only two or three clubs to effectively compete with, so budgets and investment are not on the same level as those required when you have 4,5, or 6 other competitors to deal with,

7 f***in yrs of mediocrity under FSG, 7 f***in yrs of lacking ambition, they know the goalposts have shifted, they know they will need to dig deep, because otherwise we become the Stoke f***in city or WHU types who are very happy to trundle along each season in mid table utopia
      That matches the ambition of the owners of those two clubs!

YNWA

Quick Reply