Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646736 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22356: Apr 23, 2017 10:09:58 pm
      So we are back to blaming FSG for losses and praising Klopp for victories? Good to know ;D

The blame will always be on FSG until they change their policy. Klopp gets praised because sometimes he's responsible for something on the field that happened as a direct result of his actions. The strength of the squad is a result of FSGs model, not Klopps fault.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22357: Apr 23, 2017 10:13:49 pm
      So we are back to blaming FSG for losses and praising Klopp for victories? Good to know ;D
      And you're back to racing to their defence, order is restored
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #22358: Apr 23, 2017 10:13:50 pm
      The manager has sat through 3transfer windows. He's to blame.  Jürgen  get your f***in sh*t together and stop defending f***in sh*te footballers. Do your f***in job and get good footballers into this club and f**k your mates off. I am sick to f***in death of hugs and kisses wuth f***in sh*te footballers. I don't want mates playing for my club . I want proffessional  footballers who do their f***in job. F**k off nice guys and f**king hugs. You can stick that sh*te up your arse . It means f**k all without results. Stop f**king smiling Jürgen and do the f**king job you are being paid for.

It's funny seeing an immature little boy have a tantrum online.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22359: Apr 23, 2017 10:15:06 pm
      It's funny seeing an immature little boy have a tantrum online.

He does have a point. Save the man hugs for when they actually so something of note Jürgen not when we win 1-0 at WBA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22360: Apr 23, 2017 10:15:08 pm
      The blame will always be on FSG until they change their policy. Klopp gets praised because sometimes he's responsible for something on the field that happened as a direct result of his actions. The strength of the squad is a result of FSGs model, not Klopps fault.

Klopp has countless times said he decides who comes in and out, FSG however have never made this claim. I will take Klopps word over anyone on this forum. People blame FSG because they don't want to point the finger at Klopp who's fault it really is that we didn't strengthen in the January window.

I love Klopp which is why I take him at his word and don't make excuses for him. He knew what model was in place and he took the job agreeing to work under whatever constraints there may or may not be. He wasn't fooled by anyone because he'd have to be a fool to think he was going to come here to spend City or Chelsea or United money.

He will get us turned around, it's just a shame that so many supporters have to turn themselves inside out to nuance their positions on who gets the blame and who gets the glory.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #22361: Apr 23, 2017 10:15:50 pm
      FSG   ..... clever stuff .... but it may just unravel.

2012.  Get a rookie manager and buy MoneyBall players that money can be made from.

When that goes stale  then buy a top elite manager  for the club.

One mega salary for Klopp is better than  spending the same on quality players.   Now thats kept the natives happy for eighteen months.

If we fail to qualify for the CL then no new money for new players.

Then what ?

Money all is codeword for bargain bin acquisitions. Particularly on sh*te players. Wait until the summer when Michael Keane will be our marquee signing.

Typical usual average sh*te like that - he'd come on cheap wages and would play worthy of his cheap wages - but hey, as long as FSG are making a nice hefty profit, then who are we to argue?

And I laugh at the brain addled twerps who blame the manager and not FSG - FSG are accountable for 7 years as owners. And that's 7 years of failure.

One talented manager cannot beat the cheapskate system and structure that FSG have implemented at Liverpool FC.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22362: Apr 23, 2017 10:17:32 pm
      And you're back to racing to their defence, order is restored

Not defending anyone, only pointing out hypocrisy. I'm no fan of Fenway, I'm a fan of Klopp. But that doesn't mean I won't call out bulls**t when I see it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22363: Apr 23, 2017 10:23:26 pm
      Klopp has countless times said he decides who comes in and out, FSG however have never made this claim. I will take Klopps word over anyone on this forum. People blame FSG because they don't want to point the finger at Klopp who's fault it really is that we didn't strengthen in the January window.

I love Klopp which is why I take him at his word and don't make excuses for him. He knew what model was in place and he took the job agreeing to work under whatever constraints there may or may not be. He wasn't fooled by anyone because he'd have to be a fool to think he was going to come here to spend City or Chelsea or United money.

He will get us turned around, it's just a shame that so many supporters have to turn themselves inside out to nuance their positions on who gets the blame and who gets the glory.

What leads you to this conclusion? Pretty much 2 seasons and I'm still reading "we need to get this defence sorted." You don't need to throw £100Ms at getting a team organised and able to defend set plays. For me he's made a very slightly above average job of it and am far from convinced from what I've seen. I don't see massive degrees of difference between this side and the one Rodgers left 2 years ago
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22364: Apr 23, 2017 10:26:32 pm
      What leads you to this conclusion? Pretty much 2 seasons and I'm still reading "we need to get this defence sorted." For me he's made a very slightly above average job of it and am far from convinced from what I've seen. I don't see massive degrees of difference between this side and the one Rodgers left 2 years ago

What leads me to that conclusion? Because Klopp is a hugely talented manager who has a proven track record of developing young talent. We've been beset with some strange injury problems which I can only hope are an anomaly, but his buys this off season have mostly worked out well. I suspect this off season to focus more on defense and hopefully if we ship a few less goals we will be fine next year.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22365: Apr 23, 2017 10:27:51 pm

He will get us turned around, it's just a shame that so many supporters have to turn themselves inside out to nuance their positions on who gets the baker and who gets the glory.

Did you take Brendan at his word too? Because he said the same thing about transfers. Klopp is working with the same committee, so until I see something of a different direction regarding transfers, I'll continue to assume he's towing the line, at which point he'll get the brunt of criticism for agreeing to go along with it. But hey, this summer will be different right? I fecking hope.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017 10:40:42 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22366: Apr 23, 2017 10:36:33 pm
      What leads me to that conclusion? Because Klopp is a hugely talented manager who has a proven track record of developing young talent. We've been beset with some strange injury problems which I can only hope are an anomaly, but his buys this off season have mostly worked out well. I suspect this off season to focus more on defense and hopefully if we ship a few less goals we will be fine next year.

We got loads of injuries last season under him as well it can't be a coincidence, if your means of getting the better of an opposition is to run on average 2-4km per man more than the teams you are playing against you will pick up injuries. And what dyou mean we will focus more on defending this off season? Defending is either something you are coaching well or you are not you can't just flick a switch. I'm no fan of these owners but if klopp is telling me he has backing and was relaxed in the Jan window not feeling an urgency to do anything then I'll take him at face value and judge him accordingly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22367: Apr 23, 2017 10:48:10 pm
      Did you take Brendan at his word too? Because he said the same thing about transfers. Klopp is working with the same committee, so until I see something of a different direction regarding transfers, I'll continue to assume he's towing the line, at which point he'll get the brunt of criticism for agreeing to go along with it. But hey, this summer will be different right? I fecking hope.

No I knew Brendan was full of crap. But if Klopp knowing the same thing (how couldn't he?) still took the job is it FSG's fault we are where we are or Klopp's? As far as we know, Klopp was not in any way deceived by FSG and if he was, shame on him as the evidence of how they steward this club is there for anyone to see.

Klopp is a sharp guy, he will get this figured out. Let's not worry about Brendan, he's gone on to do his own thing. My concern is what Klopp is doing, not what Brendan's doing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22368: Apr 23, 2017 10:49:48 pm
      We got loads of injuries last season under him as well it can't be a coincidence, if your means of getting the better of an opposition is to run on average 2-4km per man more than the teams you are playing against you will pick up injuries. And what dyou mean we will focus more on defending this off season? Defending is either something you are coaching well or you are not you can't just flick a switch. I'm no fan of these owners but if klopp is telling me he has backing and was relaxed in the Jan window not feeling an urgency to do anything then I'll take him at face value and judge him accordingly.

Sorry, I mean I think we will focus on spending on defense. Which should help us overall. The sooner Lovren is put on the bench the better. I'm also hoping Milner and Clyne are put under more pressure, if not replaced altogether.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #22369: Apr 23, 2017 10:50:40 pm
      Money all is codeword for bargain bin acquisitions. Particularly on sh*te players. Wait until the summer when Michael Keane will be our marquee signing.

We won't even get Keane, especially if the mancs are interested in him.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #22370: Apr 23, 2017 10:52:36 pm
      Made us Arsenal of the North..

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22371: Apr 23, 2017 10:53:09 pm
      Made us Arsenal of the North..

We aren't in the Champions League every year.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22372: Apr 23, 2017 10:56:05 pm
      No I knew Brendan was full of crap. But if Klopp knowing the same thing (how couldn't he?) still took the job is it FSG's fault we are where we are or Klopp's? As far as we know, Klopp was not in any way deceived by FSG and if he was, shame on him as the evidence of how they steward this club is there for anyone to see.

Klopp is a sharp guy, he will get this figured out. Let's not worry about Brendan, he's gone on to do his own thing. My concern is what Klopp is doing, not what Brendan's doing.

Spot on.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22373: Apr 23, 2017 10:56:59 pm
      We aren't in the Champions League every year.

That's how tragic they are. They aspired to be like Arsenal and can't even achieve that
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22374: Apr 23, 2017 11:01:03 pm

Again how is he so sharp? I feel as if there is an accepted wisdom with Jürgen Klopp not fully backed up by what we are seeing. We are making the same errors in our play and game management time and time again and as far as I can see never really learning. Please don't tell me but he won x2 titles in Germany. Rafa Benitez won 2 titles in Spain with f***in Valencia as well as 3 major European trophies and is managing in the Championship. I'm judging Jürgen Klopp on what he is doing now not 5 years ago against a sh*t Bayern team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22375: Apr 23, 2017 11:02:59 pm
      Again how is he so sharp? I feel as if there is an accepted wisdom with Jürgen Klopp not fully backed up by what we are seeing. We are making the same errors in our play and game management time and time again and as far as I can see never really learning. Please don't tell me but he won x2 titles in Germany. Rafa Benitez won 2 titles in Spain with f***in Valencia as well as 3 major European trophies and is managing in the Championship. I'm judging Jürgen Klopp on what he is doing now not 5 years ago against a sh*t Bayern team.

Well that's certainly your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'll just draw a line there because I'm not going to go at Jürgen over his record.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22376: Apr 24, 2017 04:35:56 am

I'm blaming them for the lack of depth at the club. Which is the result of their stewardship over several years, having no depth isn't something that has just happened  it has taken several year of spending money on players who only value to the club is the money released when they move on.

Its about being to tight to pay experienced payers £80,000 a week to sit on the bench just in case we need them.

I think Palace had more internationals sitting on the bench than we did ?

Now Klopp is not without blame everyone I know who has an understanding about football new we were week defensively at the start of the year and he should of done more to get cover.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22377: Apr 24, 2017 04:37:27 am
      I'm blaming them for the lack of depth at the club. Which is the result of their stewardship over several years, having no depth isn't something that has just happened  it has taken several year of spending money on players who only value to the club is the money released when they move on.

Its about being to tight to pay experienced payers £80,000 a week to sit on the bench just in case we need them.

I think Palace had more internationals sitting on the bench than we did ?

Now Klopp is not without blame everyone I know who has an understanding about football new we were week defensively at the start of the year and he should of done more to get cover.

Fair assessment, although how many teams have more than a few 80k per week players that rode the bench most games?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22378: Apr 24, 2017 04:41:14 am
      Fair assessment, although how many teams have more than a few 80k per week players that rode the bench most games?

I would say if you take the ten richest clubs 9 of them will have £80,000 a week players sitting on the bench

Quick Reply