Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2807215 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22632: Jun 13, 2017 12:21:36 pm
      I seriously wouldn't be surprised if these latest failings are actually carefully planned out sabotage exercises carried out by fsg to F**k the transfers up on purpose.

If vvd was a sh*t hot batter smashing home runs left right and centre and I have no doubt in my mind that this deal would have been wrapped up before you could say baseball.

Nothing F***ing surer, these are businessmen with legal teams well versed in contractual obligation and stipulation. If the same oversight occurred not once but several times over a period of years in a business context, the same legal team would be fu**ed off yesterday having may maybe cost their employers possibly millions.

Paradoxically in this instance missing the small print intentionally saves FSG many millions.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2017 08:31:17 pm by stuey »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22633: Jun 13, 2017 12:56:37 pm
      In the seven years or so FSG have had our club, the value of it has gone up by approximately 100 million quid a year, or 2 million quid a week give or take. I know somebody will come on and say "it's not seven years it's six and a half" or "it's not 100 million quid a year, it's 78.45 million" or whatever. Good luck to them with all that and I'm not going to argue about pennies relatively.

The fact is though that their initial investment is spiralling into a cash mountain, and each week they pull the wool over the supporters eyes it gets ever bigger. More people now are catching onto the fact that they are sheisters, but still not enough. They are taking the p!ss out of Liverpool supporters every single day. 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #22634: Jun 13, 2017 02:59:05 pm
      In the seven years or so FSG have had our club, the value of it has gone up by approximately 100 million quid a year, or 2 million quid a week give or take. I know somebody will come on and say "it's not seven years it's six and a half" or "it's not 100 million quid a year, it's 78.45 million" or whatever. Good luck to them with all that and I'm not going to argue about pennies relatively.

The fact is though that their initial investment is spiralling into a cash mountain, and each week they pull the wool over the supporters eyes it gets ever bigger. More people now are catching onto the fact that they are sheisters, but still not enough. They are taking the p!ss out of Liverpool supporters every single day.
      Then when do the protests and banners wit ' FSG OUT ' start ?  Do you know they have people who follow the Forums ?  They must just report back " No worries , all this lot are interested in doing is whining about it "
      Don't we also have to conclude that Jürgen is complicit in all of this or just not as savvy as we give him credit for ? Another well paid Yes Man ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #22635: Jun 13, 2017 04:07:36 pm
      Then when do the protests and banners wit ' FSG OUT ' start ?  Do you know they have people who follow the Forums ?  They must just report back " No worries , all this lot are interested in doing is whining about it "
      Don't we also have to conclude that Jürgen is complicit in all of this or just not as savvy as we give him credit for ? Another well paid Yes Man ?

Lord St is quite busy so start the ball rolling, get down there with a banner soon as you like.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22636: Jun 13, 2017 05:18:52 pm
      THE TRANSFER WINDOW ISNT OPEN YET.

EVERYONE PUTS IN LOW OFFERS FOR A PLAYER TO START WITH AND THEN YOU NEGOTIATE TO GET THE BEST DEAL.

WE HAVE JUST QUALIFIED FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BE HAPPIER.

I feel better now

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #22637: Jun 13, 2017 05:22:19 pm

EVERYONE PUTS IN LOW OFFERS FOR A PLAYER TO START WITH AND THEN YOU NEGOTIATE TO GET THE BEST DEAL.

WE HAVE JUST QUALIFIED FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BE HAPPIER.

I feel better now

Not technically true yet!!

Qualifier to get through first, then we can start blowing the trumpets about Champions League ;)

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22638: Jun 13, 2017 05:24:08 pm
      Not technically true yet!!

Qualifier to get through first, then we can start blowing the trumpets about Champions League ;)

That's how positive I'm staying 😅
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22639: Jun 13, 2017 05:48:06 pm
      You can get further evidence of the complete cuntary of this lot by arguing over a million quid for a player weve loaned out for 3 seasons.

Flexing their muscle big style here. Knobs
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22640: Jun 13, 2017 05:49:41 pm
      Can't wait to read this thread at the end of August when we've bought Demarai Gray, Michael Keane and signed Danny Ings onto a new long term contract.

You can get further evidence of the complete cuntary of this lot by arguing over a million quid for a player weve loaned out for 3 seasons.

You just know they'll haggle that one until the end of the transfer window but a 20m bid from Barca for Coutinho will be accepted instantly.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22641: Jun 13, 2017 06:00:01 pm

A million quid gives a raise to people on the grounds and behind the scenes who deserve a bit extra. Quite right to argue over it, I would too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #22642: Jun 13, 2017 06:21:17 pm
      A million quid gives a raise to people on the grounds and behind the scenes who deserve a bit extra. Quite right to argue over it, I would too.

Lets not starting painting them as that F***ing charitable, especially as half of those working for the club in lower and non coaching roles are on zero hours contracts.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #22643: Jun 13, 2017 06:22:19 pm

Its not the man in the street your talking about. Have the decency to sell the lad. If you think an extra million quid will benefit anyone at the club i think your wrong. Probably get spunked on champagne and caviar wouldnt mind but its probably all part of the income and expenditure for the year and not getting the 2 million means they wont break even!!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22644: Jun 13, 2017 07:12:34 pm

It's amazing how without the window opening we have managed to F**k up our number 1 signing.

And to think we are probably spending more on the wages of the admin staff the the players
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22645: Jun 13, 2017 07:46:17 pm
      It's amazing how without the window opening we have managed to f**k up our number 1 signing.

And to think we are probably spending more on the wages of the admin staff the the players
      I use to really look forward to the Transfer window with hope and glee.... Now, with FSG in charge, I couldn't give a F**k... More average players and another chance to sell those who are garnering interest from other clubs for big money...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22646: Jun 13, 2017 09:46:13 pm
      Lets not starting painting them as that F***ing charitable, especially as half of those working for the club in lower and non coaching roles are on zero hours contracts.

Not trying to paint that, just making the point that a million quid isn't something to be scoffed at. We want the best deal for our players on a deal to deal basis. 2 million for Wisdom, that'll do.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #22647: Jun 14, 2017 04:14:14 am

Its not the man in the street your talking about. Have the decency to sell the lad. If you think an extra million quid will benefit anyone at the club i think your wrong. Probably get spunked on champagne and caviar wouldnt mind but its probably all part of the income and expenditure for the year and not getting the 2 million means they wont break even!!

It seems you don't understand business, I guess. 2 million is better than none. Decency to sell the lad? So you unhappy at us selling him for more money? Strange logic that. I think you're experienced enough to understand that when it comes to business, there is no "decency". If we try to be "decent" everywhere, we'll probably end up bankrupt. Strange stick to beat the owners with.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #22648: Jun 14, 2017 04:57:47 am
      It seems you don't understand business, I guess. 2 million is better than none. Decency to sell the lad? So you unhappy at us selling him for more money? Strange logic that. I think you're experienced enough to understand that when it comes to business, there is no "decency". If we try to be "decent" everywhere, we'll probably end up bankrupt. Strange stick to beat the owners with.

Well dont worry, deal done for around £4.4 million with around £2.4 million being add-ons. I think the point Brian was trying to make is that the lad has been on F***ing loan for the past 3 years and needs to crack on with his career.

And judging by how we've been going about our business recently, it seems our hedge-fund owners still haven't got the hang of this footy business lark!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #22649: Jun 14, 2017 06:35:06 am
      Well dont worry, deal done for around £4.4 million with around £2.4 million being add-ons. I think the point Brian was trying to make is that the lad has been on f**king loan for the past 3 years and needs to crack on with his career.

And judging by how we've been going about our business recently, it seems our hedge-fund owners still haven't got the hang of this footy business lark!!
      If he is been on loan 3 years straight, then he surely wasn't good enough to play here.

Or he could've impressed some of the folks at the clubs he's been loaned to. Maybe, he could've gotten a "crack" by actually playing good? But did he really do it? As far as I am concerned, he wasn't good enough for us or for the other teams he was loaned to. So this "haggling" over couple of millions, is good thing IMO. 

Look, I get what he was saying. But Wisdom was surplus to requirements, and if we got a bit of more money for a deal, then it is hardly the worst thing in the world, regardless of what our "hedge fund" owners know about football.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #22650: Jun 14, 2017 01:18:56 pm
      Well dont worry, deal done for around £4.4 million with around £2.4 million being add-ons. I think the point Brian was trying to make is that the lad has been on f**king loan for the past 3 years and needs to crack on with his career.

Thats it in a nutshell
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22651: Jun 14, 2017 06:24:25 pm
      If these cu*ts think they can get away with the VVD farce just because it was right after the end of the season before the transfer window opened then they can think again.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #22652: Jun 14, 2017 06:28:39 pm
      If these cu*ts think they can get away with the VVD farce just because it was right after the end of the season before the transfer window opened then they can think again.

I'm looking forward to the FSG apologists - who I notice aren't as vocal as last summer - coming back in August to tell us we were wrong all along!

When FSG have shown the minimal acceptable amount of ambition for one of the biggest clubs in the world, the apologists will flood back to tell us how lucky we are that FSG barely kept their side of the bargain... again!

Of course, we won't see the much briefed first choice targets (do we ever?) but the apologists will be sure to point out Naby Keita isn't actually as good as the bang average lad we do sign. The same thing ever summer, then people act surprised when it all falls apart a few months into the season.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #22653: Jun 15, 2017 02:24:18 am
      I'm looking forward to the FSG apologists - who I notice aren't as vocal as last summer - coming back in August to tell us we were wrong all along!

When FSG have shown the minimal acceptable amount of ambition for one of the biggest clubs in the world, the apologists will flood back to tell us how lucky we are that FSG barely kept their side of the bargain... again!

Of course, we won't see the much briefed first choice targets (do we ever?) but the apologists will be sure to point out Naby Keita isn't actually as good as the bang average lad we do sign. The same thing ever summer, then people act surprised when it all falls apart a few months into the season.
      Look, I'm pretty sure everyone is a Liverpool fan here through and through. So if we miss out on our first choice targets, I'm pretty sure that the "apologists" you refer to will also be disappointed with that fact. Nobody f**king supports FSG, everyone's first priority is Liverpool Football Club. If you want to think that way, then its your wish. Its just that some people tend to think differently about the situation or have certain different opinions. Surely we can accept that fact we all can have a proper argument without having to term others as "apologists". 

Funny you say that the "apologists" have crawled back into their caves, and will flood back in when August hits, whilst on the other hand you yourself rarely ever post here.

As for the "average guy better than Naby Keita", you do know that its not all buyer's fault if the player doesn't come here. Perhaps they just don't want to sell him, or perhaps just like he himself has said that he would only discuss his future when he comes back from his holiday. For example, you must be knowing about Real Madrid? The one who signs players left, right and center. Remind me as to what took them so long to sign David f**king De Gea? which they still haven't. Or is it that the club won't sell to them, just like we did with Suarez in 2013. And why would "apologists" call the "average guy" better, if he is really average literally? Explain that logic to me, please.

Its 15 June, 2.5 months still left before the window f**king closes, 15 days till the window actually opens. Why not take a chill pill, and let things actually happen before making assumptions about what will happen in the future?
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2017 02:36:10 am by Gill95 »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #22654: Jun 15, 2017 03:05:05 am
      I use to really look forward to the Transfer window with hope and glee.... Now, with FSG in charge, I couldn't give a f**k... More average players and another chance to sell those who are garnering interest from other clubs for big money...

hmm yes more average players that got us into the champions league that klopp and his men choose. do you know better than them??!

Quick Reply