Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2766756 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22931: Aug 17, 2017 09:47:10 am
      Give or take a few quid since october 2010 heres the transfer workings

2011 in 3 at £73.8 out 3 £50 net = 23.8
      2012 in 8 at £ 34 out 14 at £ 4.7 net = 30
      2013 in 6 at £49.5 out 14 at £6 net = 43.5
      2014 in 8 at £48 out 8 at £25 net = 23
      2015 in 16 at £162 out 13 at £83.5 net  79
      2016 in 6 at £88.8 out 15 at £64.5 net =24.3
      2017 in 9 at £101.9 out 21 at £79.25. Ndt = 22
      2018 to date 3 in at £46 out 5 at £12 net at £34.

Biggest spend in 1 season net is £69.5. Total spend net in 7 years is just over £258.  Average just over 35 million a year.

I

Don't know where you got them from but here's the transfermarkt stats by season, also don't know how accurate they are and it is just the net spend.

But they work out a lot worse than yours. Red is where we made a profit and green is where we actually f**king spent something.

10/11 £3.58m
      11/12 £39.26m
      12/13 £55.14m
      13/14 £22.95m
      14/15 £46.94m
      15/16 £32.45m
      16/17 £4.50m
      17/18 £34.65m (so far)

Total net spend is £223.33m
      Yearly average net spend is £27.91m

Like I said not sure of the accuracy of these stats but transfermarkt seems to be the go to place for most people.

If it is right it's pretty f**king bad if you ask me.

Could very well drop to around the £20m a year mark if we end up selling Phil, Sakho, Markovic and a few others.

They've got a few days left to shift it the other way too if we sign VVD and Kieta so we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Or it could stay around the same if both of the above happen (which is more likely in my opinion)
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017 09:58:08 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22932: Aug 17, 2017 10:22:17 am
      The Red Sox are actually run in a pretty similar way. In fact, there 2004 team won the World Series using Moneyball tactics - using non-traditional metrics to identify targets which were "good deals" - not buy now players. Think of it as if they saw Coutinho was playing more key passes than any other player at Inter and had the most successful dribbling rate - but on a whole he looked sh*t to others and was out of the good wishes of management there. They see a good gamble in that and think with the right training, that player is a great investment.

The difference between the Red Sox and Liverpool is not with the owners willingness to spend or not spend money, it's with the personnel they had in place. They had Theo Epstein as their GM and he was/is an incredibly talented back office man who wasn't begging for tons to spend, was willing to let go of some of the stars they had, and knew how to properly identify and acquire targets that would fit into a bigger picture mentality. He went on to do it with the Chicago Cubs as well giving them their first World Series win in over a century.

There's a lot of parallels you can draw to the way the Red Sox were/are run and the way we are run. The differences are in the talent of the personnel we have and in the differences of the structures/regulations between MLB and EPL.

Thanks, that ties in quite neatly with my belief that the missing piece of the puzzle for LFC is a top notch Director of Football, a really experienced football man to deal with all transfers and the general running of the football club, leaving Klopp to focus 100% on the coaching.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22933: Aug 17, 2017 10:26:38 am
      Don't know where you got them from but here's the transfermarkt stats by season, also don't know how accurate they are and it is just the net spend.

But they work out a lot worse than yours. Red is where we made a profit and green is where we actually f**king spent something.

10/11 £3.58m
      11/12 £39.26m
      12/13 £55.14m
      13/14 £22.95m
      14/15 £46.94m
      15/16 £32.45m
      16/17 £4.50m
      17/18 £34.65m (so far)

Total net spend is £223.33m
      Yearly average net spend is £27.91m

Like I said not sure of the accuracy of these stats but transfermarkt seems to be the go to place for most people.

If it is right it's pretty f**king bad if you ask me.

Could very well drop to around the £20m a year mark if we end up selling Phil, Sakho, Markovic and a few others.

They've got a few days left to shift it the other way too if we sign VVD and Kieta so we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Or it could stay around the same if both of the above happen (which is more likely in my opinion)

To be honest its more than I expected, an average net yearly spend of £27 million is obviously nothing compared to Manure, Chavs or Citeh but must be fairly similar to the Arse and Spurs and the rest of the chasing pack.
      Obviously we'd all like to to see more spent but it is how it is and in fairness they were prepared to pay a lot more this year, perhaps they still will.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22934: Aug 17, 2017 10:36:18 am
      To be honest its more than I expected, an average net yearly spend of £27 million is obviously nothing compared to Manure, Chavs or Citeh but must be fairly similar to the Arse and Spurs and the rest of the chasing pack.
      Obviously we'd all like to to see more spent but it is how it is and in fairness they were prepared to pay a lot more this year, perhaps they still will.

Are you holding your breath Heimy....No, nor am i ??

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22935: Aug 17, 2017 11:15:39 am
      We will never have 50m pound players sat on the bench like City, United and Chelsea but we have the better manager.

Still this old chestnut gets trotted out.

We know that FFS.

Doesn't mean we have to horde our own money window to window.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #22936: Aug 17, 2017 11:49:30 am
      We will never have 50m pound players sat on the bench like City, United and Chelsea but we have the better manager.

But we will however happily punt upto £20 mil on potential who virtually never make it into the team.

Hopefully that's changing now with klopp but your Markovic's are just a massive waste.

I mean we spent what £20 mil plus what 3 years of wages and it might as well have been money flushed down the shi**er.

Plus it'd be nice to have a few 50 mil players in the starting eleven and I don't mean the coutinho kind where we made him a 50 mil player.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22937: Aug 17, 2017 12:18:20 pm

But is he so much better that he can turn an average squad into league champions on a regular basis whilst spending far less than those managers who already have better squads?

A Shankly/Paisley/Fagan hybrid would struggle to do that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22938: Aug 17, 2017 12:27:19 pm

Are you holding your breath Heimy....No, nor am i ??

YNWA

I'm not so sure, I actually think there are deals being made as we speak, its just to bat sh*t crazy, even for LFC, for there not to be.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22939: Aug 17, 2017 12:27:38 pm

Against Watford once you took Milner out the rest of the subs barely had 50 games between them.

Is that good enough for the 9th richest club
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22940: Aug 17, 2017 12:35:23 pm
      I think he thinks you're a square. 

Or maybe a rectangle.

Sh!t that's harsh!
      Cheer for that  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22941: Aug 17, 2017 12:55:00 pm
      never going to able to regularly compete with those records, regardless of manager

Slightly different figures but paint the same picture
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #22942: Aug 17, 2017 01:16:37 pm
      Have they been the worst owners? Not at all. Have they been the best? Nope, and I think it's fair to aspire to have the best.  Enough excuses, apologies and statements. Make the club competitive year in and year out or show yourselves out. We aren't LCC (Liverpool Commercial Club) we are LFC, the football should take precedent over everything else.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22943: Aug 17, 2017 06:13:19 pm
      As one of the people calling for patience at the start I think that time is well and truly over.

Is it time to panic... no. Is it time to worry?... yea probably to be honest
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22944: Aug 17, 2017 06:21:29 pm
      As one of the people calling for patience at the start I think that time is well and truly over.

Is it time to panic... no. Is it time to worry?... yea probably to be honest

Always interested in your views regarding FSG as you try to give then the benefit of the doubt, but if you're worried then I'm panicking 😁
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22945: Aug 17, 2017 06:28:32 pm
      Always interested in your views regarding FSG as you try to give then the benefit of the doubt, but if you're worried then I'm panicking 😁

Yea I'm not worried about if they are willing to spend money because I think they are... but I'm worried about if we have any real targets left to spend on.

Maybe they are waiting for Champions League to be wrapped in terms of making it to the group stages?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22946: Aug 17, 2017 06:33:28 pm
      Yea I'm not worried about if they are willing to spend money because I think they are... but I'm worried about if we have any real targets left to spend on.

Maybe they are waiting for Champions League to be wrapped in terms of making it to the group stages?

If the money is there to be spent, and Klopp chooses not to, I don't quite know where we go from here.

Now OK, British managers do have a kind of "I must spend for spendings sake" thing going on, but I think that goes back to when managers had charge of budgets etc, and weren't averse to a bit of a bung.

But it's not like that for Klopp, and even if he is bemused by the whole circus in the prem, he surely knows we need a couple more in.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22947: Aug 17, 2017 06:37:29 pm
      Have they been the worst owners? Not at all. Have they been the best? Nope, and I think it's fair to aspire to have the best.  Enough excuses, apologies and statements. Make the club competitive year in and year out or show yourselves out. We aren't LCC (Liverpool Commercial Club) we are LFC, the football should take precedent over everything else.

Perhaps we should borrow teresa may's magic money tree
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22948: Aug 17, 2017 06:38:20 pm
      Thanks, that ties in quite neatly with my belief that the missing piece of the puzzle for LFC is a top notch Director of Football, a really experienced football man to deal with all transfers and the general running of the football club, leaving Klopp to focus 100% on the coaching.

The best man for the job, City has had for 5 years.
      Tixi Burgerman  ;D .... the one with the unpronounceable Catalan name.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22949: Aug 17, 2017 06:41:53 pm
      It happened with Rodgers ...... and it just hasn't changed.

What about the sometimes non existent defence ?

We don't seem to have one .
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22950: Aug 17, 2017 07:09:55 pm
      It happened with Rodgers ...... and it just hasn't changed.

What about the sometimes non existent defence ?

We don't seem to have one .

I don't lie this attitude that Klopp sometimes seems to have where he laughs it off as an issue. Same with Brendan. As if we should just accept it as part of who we are.

Now I know that is Klopp's style but it does piss me off, personally I would like us to go back to basics and get the whole team focussed on what they need to do to defend properly as a unit.

We have enough fire power to beat most teams. Unfortunately we have a defence that can concede against most teams, time for some balance.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #22951: Aug 17, 2017 07:31:00 pm
      But is he so much better that he can turn an average squad into league champions on a regular basis whilst spending far less than those managers who already have better squads?

A Shankly/Paisley/Fagan hybrid would struggle to do that.

Actually, that is exactly what he did at Dortmund
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22952: Aug 17, 2017 07:51:53 pm
      Wish to hell we could have built from the back first .... boring as it might seem.

There is still no stand out player  ....   no  Agger ,no  Hyppia.   no  Mascherano and the only one that glued the defence together when he had to .....has just gone to Lazio.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22953: Aug 17, 2017 07:57:16 pm
      Me September 1st with no more signings.

Quick Reply