Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2767407 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23115: Sep 01, 2017 09:39:16 am
      It's all about the money money money for FSG.

Thank God we have Klopp or we'd still be shrouded in mediocrity.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #23116: Sep 01, 2017 09:42:27 am
      I was fuming yesterday having barnies with anyone suggesting FSG were the real deal.

I was waiting to wake up and see our rivals had snatched our targets like they have done in the past but nothing absolutely nothing happened for anyone at all.

I listened to and started to believe VVD was in the bag and Lemur was our big signing this year. Monaco accepted a bid from Arsenal but we refused to match it as FSG including some fans on here believed it was too high.

What a let down once again.

Not sure what the summer net spend is but im guessing with the sale of Sakho its quite low. Maybe someone with the summer ins/out can let me know.

We had a chance to get real players on board and really strengthen against our rivals but we have sat back once again and watched the chance pass by.

My opinion of FSG couldn't get any lower but today I wont be arguing with any of you FSG backers I have realised they are never going to change.

My wish for new owners remains, ones that care about on field success.

I strongly believe its been a perfect summer for FSG.

I totally disagree and do not come up with net spending because Klopp had his targets and he almost got them all. The only one that did not happen and I honestly am sad about it is VVD. Lemar was never mentioned before as target and we just went to sniff around.

klopp got his primary targets bar one:

Bought:
      Salah
      Keita (we did want we could)
      Robertson
      Solanke (Klopp was influenced by our scouts, was not his target)
      Alex OC

Failed big time with VVD because he should have been here from pre-season if Liverpool staff did not get excited very earlier. Southampton we never to sell him after that, for sure not to us since they did not report us.

Should we kick Trent & Gomez out to get a 'proven' quality right-back ??? I really think that Klopp's way of doing thing is correct (maybe par Sakho's situation. I would have sold him since he wasn't in the team).

We can't get everything our way. That's life.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23117: Sep 01, 2017 09:47:29 am
      Mate of mine reckons Arsenal only bid on Lemar hoping we'd outbid them and blow our wad so that it opened a window for them to bid for VVD, hows that for a conspiracy theory...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23118: Sep 01, 2017 09:51:52 am
      I was fuming yesterday having barnies with anyone suggesting FSG were the real deal.

I was waiting to wake up and see our rivals had snatched our targets like they have done in the past but nothing absolutely nothing happened for anyone at all.

I listened to and started to believe VVD was in the bag and Lemur was our big signing this year. Monaco accepted a bid from Arsenal but we refused to match it as FSG including some fans on here believed it was too high.

What a let down once again.

Not sure what the summer net spend is but im guessing with the sale of Sakho its quite low. Maybe someone with the summer ins/out can let me know.

We had a chance to get real players on board and really strengthen against our rivals but we have sat back once again and watched the chance pass by.

My opinion of FSG couldn't get any lower but today I wont be arguing with any of you FSG backers I have realised they are never going to change.

My wish for new owners remains, ones that care about on field success.

I strongly believe its been a perfect summer for FSG.

Our net spend was £40 million which put us in 3rd place behind the Manchester clubs, last time I checked, who as we know spent huge amounts, far more than we could realistically afford, we have to realise that we are the poor relations and live within our means, but in all honesty I kind of prefer to grow the team slowly with pieces of the jigsaw being slowly added.

I am very disappointed that we didn't get VVD, but i think that is more down to Southampton being gigantic tw*ts than a lack of effort from us but its a bit crap that we didn't have a plan B, even just loaning a CB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #23119: Sep 01, 2017 09:52:11 am
      A much needed voice of reason amongst a plethora of angst and foot stomping.

We needed a top quality CB above all other signings.

That would be the difference between us challenging for the title.

We should have signed one no excuses.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23120: Sep 01, 2017 09:53:49 am
      The fact that southampton state they had ZERO bids for VVD totally blows that theory out of the water really, basically VVD was NEVER for sale, to us or anybody.

and that is completely insane, one of the best CB's in the world, unsettled and yet no bids, WTF???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23121: Sep 01, 2017 09:54:57 am
      We needed a top quality CB above all other signings.

That would be the difference between us challenging for the title.

We should have signed one no excuses.

I agree but I think we might just be ok anyway, depending on injuries, but in january we HAVE to get a CB in, hopefully VVD.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #23122: Sep 01, 2017 09:56:46 am
      and that is completely insane, one of the best CB's in the world, unsettled and yet no bids, WTF???

I don't think we could bid this window or Saints would report us for tapping up.

Therefore we should have moved on to other CB targets.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #23123: Sep 01, 2017 09:58:18 am
      I agree but I think we might just be ok anyway, depending on injuries, but in january we HAVE to get a CB in, hopefully VVD.

Hopefully, but if Matip gets injured we're up shits creek.

We should not be in this position.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23124: Sep 01, 2017 09:58:41 am

I'm calm, I'm happy enough with the window, only disappointing aspect is we didn't address cb issues/depth, wasn't arsed about Lemar tbh, i'd have rather spunked £150m on VVD to be honest if it meant we got Klopp's main target.

In the sea of disconnect it is however worth noting we've effectively spent nothing when you factor in Champions league qualification..

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23125: Sep 01, 2017 10:01:02 am
      I don't think we could bid this window or Saints would report us for tapping up.

Therefore we should have moved on to other CB targets.

i agree, I'd love to know what the real reasons were here, because it just doesn't make any sense to me. For all we know maybe we weren't even that interested in him after the initial F**k up. Maybe Klopp and the team looked at Gomez and thought that he was coming along very nicely and could become the natural partner for Matip and in the mean time they have Lovren and Klavan who despite what everyone says are actually pretty decent CB's. What we need to remember is the system we play puts huge pressure on our CB's so maybe Klopp is correct when he says that not many CB's would do better, apart from exceptional ones like VVD.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23126: Sep 01, 2017 10:03:56 am
      I'm calm, I'm happy enough with the window, only disappointing aspect is we didn't address cb issues/depth, wasn't arsed about Lemar tbh, i'd have rather spunked £150m on VVD to be honest if it meant we got Klopp's main target.

In the sea of disconnect it is however worth noting we've effectively spent nothing when you factor in Champions league qualification..

Yes but no clubs other than the Manchester clubs have spent much. What we all sometimes forget in this transfer equation are wage bills which are going up and up and up, that sucks a lot of funds out of the transfer kitty and unless you have absurd amounts of revenue and/or cash injections its hard to go really crazy with transfers
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23127: Sep 01, 2017 10:15:19 am
      If they gave a sh*t they would of made sure we had a list of central defenders who would improve the defence.

There are quite a lot out there who are better than Matip and there are loads who are better than Lovren and Klavan.

A blind dog, a dead duck, even a F***ing mole can see our defence isn't good enough and hasn't been good enough for several years.

If you're happy to make money of our club the least you can do is pay some attention to the football team and make sure we have the best possible players.

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #23128: Sep 01, 2017 10:57:21 am
      So the War Chest rolls on to £300M next year!

How many players does that mean we will just miss out on by £15m next window then?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23129: Sep 01, 2017 11:13:28 am
      Everton are sh*te. They've bought a load of tat.
      Spurs are arguably worse than they were 3 months ago so I don't know where you're getting that from either unless you think signing a backup centre back and a homophobic, police assaulting scumbag makes you stronger.
      At least they have signed a back up CB, Have we...? and no matter(with in reason) what a players has done off the field we are talking about what they can do on the field are we not...? in that respect both Everton and Spurs have improved their squads
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23130: Sep 01, 2017 11:22:48 am
      By the time next summer comes and we sell Coutinho our war chest should be nearing £450m...
      I stated somewhere on this forum that FSG buying Keita and VVD would be reliant on the sale of Coutinho... Keita, a deal has been put into place for next season, funny enough we have reportedly agree with Coutinho that he will be aloud to leave next season...  :f_whistle: ....

This is Life under FSG
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23131: Sep 01, 2017 11:28:36 am

Salah
      Keita (we did want we could)
      Robertson
      Solanke (Klopp was influenced by our scouts, was not his target)
      Alex OC
      And of those listed above who will be regular starters...?  Plus the fact that we needed a CB why did we wasted the money on the Ox instead of going all out to sign VVD or another CB...?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23132: Sep 01, 2017 11:34:39 am
      I am very disappointed that we didn't get VVD, but i think that is more down to Southampton being gigantic tw*ts than a lack of effort from us but its a bit crap that we didn't have a plan B, even just loaning a CB.
      Had we put a real concerted effort into try to sign VVD I believe that the player wound have been ours
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23133: Sep 01, 2017 11:39:21 am
      The only ray of light I can see with the whole VVD thing is Southampton will hopefully not play him against us  >:D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23134: Sep 01, 2017 11:41:44 am
      Although I don't agree with their choice I have to respect that so many of our members seem to have become evangelical christians overnight.

"I believe this happened"

"I believe we were never in for him"

"I believe he was forced on Klopp"

So devout, it's almost like they've been given a sign.

In other news, give your F***ing heads a wobble.
      We didn't sign a CB because Klopp only wanted one, and we couldn't get him.
      Apart from that, a reasonable window (but that won't stop people licking it).
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23135: Sep 01, 2017 11:51:58 am
      Apart from that, a reasonable window

Just this part sums it up for me.

"Reasonable" - Im done with reasonable under this lot.

We had the chance to have an exceptional window but we seem to be willing to accept this "reasonable" nonsense from FSG window after window.

How our expectations have fallen.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23136: Sep 01, 2017 11:54:17 am
      Just this part sums it up for me.

"Reasonable" - Im done with reasonable under this lot.

We had the chance to have an exceptional window but we seem to be willing to accept this "reasonable" nonsense from FSG window after window.

How our expectations have fallen.

Again, how is it FSG's fault that Klopp fixated on one CB and didn't want any other?

Can a single one of you explain that, or is it just a bit inconvenient?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #23137: Sep 01, 2017 11:56:37 am
      Although I don't agree with their choice I have to respect that so many of our members seem to have become evangelical christians overnight.

"I believe this happened"

"I believe we were never in for him"

"I believe he was forced on Klopp"

So devout, it's almost like they've been given a sign.

In other news, give your f**king heads a wobble.
      We didn't sign a CB because Klopp only wanted one, and we couldn't get him.
      Apart from that, a reasonable window (but that won't stop people licking it).

It could have been that the alternatives to VVD that were served up Klopp just thought F**k that I will perservere with what I have.

Looking at VVD's attributes ability to play a high line, player with pace, a defensive leader able to organise the back 4.
      Maybe the likes of Wes Morgan just didn't appeal to Klopp.

I find it hard to believe that Klopp thinks only one CB in the world is good enough.

Quick Reply