Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765052 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23368: Sep 07, 2017 04:57:46 pm
      Yeah, and it would still have to show up on the accounts, both where it came from and where it went.  :roll:

I won't be replying again, because you try to pull this sh*t every time, and I really can't be arsed with it.

Go and read the accounts, then get back to me, other than that I have nothing more to say to you.
      An Owner can structure a debt between two companies (they own) however they want

But obviously when FSG set up an intercompany debt they always ask you how the debts should be set up and how it should be paid back.

Because you know?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23369: Sep 07, 2017 05:01:08 pm
      An Owner can structure a debt between two companies (they own) however they want

But obviously when FSG set up an intercompany debt they always ask you how the debts should be set up and how it should be paid back.

Because you know?

Go and read the accounts then get back to me.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23370: Sep 07, 2017 05:08:36 pm
      Go and read the accounts then get back to me.
      I think you need to link the part of the account that is relevant
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #23371: Sep 07, 2017 05:27:44 pm
      More for the long term sustainability of the club, and bringing us into the 21st century, also catching up with the teams that overtook us.

Already had this conversation mate.  :laugh:

Don't be a pr**k about it then!!

You carry on laughing, but while we continue to win F**k all, all what you want to rim them for means F**k all other than a further bulging wallet for the yank cu*ts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #23372: Sep 07, 2017 05:31:01 pm
      Have they ever lied about how the club would be run?

And before you comment, do you have proof?

As far as I'm aware they've ran the club the way they said they would when they bought it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #23373: Sep 07, 2017 05:32:54 pm
      F***ing hell the bat signal gone up again!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #23374: Sep 07, 2017 05:34:25 pm
      Have they ever lied about how the club would be run?

And before you comment, do you have proof?

As far as I'm aware they've ran the club the way they said they would when they bought it.

That's not really the debate over the last few pages to be honest mags
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23375: Sep 07, 2017 05:49:34 pm
      I think you need to link the part of the account that is relevant

It's a 38 page PDF.

Go and read it, then get back to me.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23376: Sep 07, 2017 05:51:44 pm
      Don't be a pr**k about it then!!

You carry on laughing, but while we continue to win F**k all, all what you want to rim them for means F**k all other than a further bulging wallet for the yank cu*ts.

I'm not being "a pr**k" about anything.

I've been very clear about what I was saying and why, the fact that you didn't bother to read any of it says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Still, if nothing else you're good entertainment.  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23377: Sep 07, 2017 05:52:36 pm

I think we're pretty much on the same page, but looking at things from different angles.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #23378: Sep 07, 2017 05:52:54 pm

True mate but I've weighed in so much on that already, thought I'd ask something different.

I really don't know if I'm right or not.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23379: Sep 07, 2017 06:00:09 pm
      True mate but I've weighed in so much on that already, thought I'd ask something different.

I really don't know if I'm right or not.

My biggest gripe would be that they haven't put any of their own money in, apart from a couple of interest free loans, but since they said from the start that they would work this way, it feels a bit of a moot point.
      I mean how can I moan about something they were clear they wouldn't do from the start.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #23380: Sep 07, 2017 06:05:30 pm
      My biggest gripe would be that they haven't put any of their own money in, apart from a couple of interest free loans, but since they said from the start that they would work this way, it feels a bit of a moot point.
      I mean how can I moan about something they were clear they wouldn't do from the start.

Well yea that's what I thought they'd make clear.

We can't ask them to pour millions of their own money in when they said very clearly that was never going to happen.

No money goes in or out. The club keeps and spends what it makes. So this gripe on spending is strange as it's not lining the pockets of FSG if we don't spend hundreds of millions, it's staying in the club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #23381: Sep 07, 2017 06:12:26 pm

We can't ask them to pour millions of their own money in when they said very clearly that was never going to happen.

No money goes in or out. The club keeps and spends what it makes. So this gripe on spending is strange as it's not lining the pockets of FSG if we don't spend hundreds of millions, it's staying in the club.

That's not the debate though mate 😀

The debate started with the line that they've already done more for the club than David Moores did

Then into where we are right now in terms of success

Nothing to do with them saying they'll only spend what we generate. On that though Moores spent what we generated and even put his own money in from time to time like the Kuyt deal
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23382: Sep 07, 2017 06:16:15 pm

The time to kick up a fuss was when they first said it, which was right after they bought us, but everyone was so happy that we'd got rid of h&g that it just seemed to slip through for most people.

It seemed like people thought we'd got a sugar daddy type, and didn't really look into it too much, then got disappointed when the reality became apparent.

If a couple of supporters groups like SOS had got on the case from the start, maybe they would have done things differently, although I doubt it.

It seems silly to complain about it now though, given the information is nearly 7 years old, hence why I don't bother.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #23383: Sep 07, 2017 06:20:09 pm

The debate started with the line that they've already done more for the club than David Moores did

Nothing to do with them saying they'll only spend what we generate. On that though Moores spent what we generated and even put his own money in from time to time like the Kuyt deal

Oh the club is without doubt in a better place now than the majority of Moores tenure.

Moores 8 years into his tenure had all but killed off any remenants of glory we once had, an utterly atrocious job. FSG have brought us into the 21st Century and Moores left us in the dark ages while everyone else progressed. Now we did achieve success under him, but it took him over 10 years to get started on the road and it was hardly down to 'big investment'
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23384: Sep 07, 2017 06:21:59 pm

Oh the club is without doubt in a better place now than the majority of Moores tenure.

Moores 8 years into his tenure had all but killed off any remenants of glory we once had, an utterly atrocious job. FSG have brought us into the 21st Century and Moores left us in the dark ages while everyone else progressed. Now we did achieve success under him, but it took him over 10 years to get started on the road and it was hardly down to 'big investment'

I think it's fair to say that if Moores had done his F***ing job properly (and Parry) and at least tried to build the commercial side at the same speed as man u did, he wouldn't have needed to put his own money in.
      Kopite78
      Reply #23385: Sep 07, 2017 06:24:08 pm

I'm not going through it all again.

If you'd read the past few pages you'd know what the debate was and you'd know my view 👍
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #23386: Sep 07, 2017 06:24:19 pm
      The more I think about it...

Why the F**k is this even a debate.

Moores inherited the best team in the world and turned it to sh*t for a decade. FSG inherited the rubble from Hicks and Gillet and we are improving and growing each year.

Look at both 8 years in and it's no contest
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23387: Sep 07, 2017 06:29:33 pm
      The more I think about it...

Why the F**k is this even a debate.

Moores inherited the best team in the world and turned it to sh*t for a decade. FSG inherited the rubble from Hicks and Gillet and we are improving and growing each year.

Look at both 8 years in and it's no contest

That's how I see it.

Some point to the trophies we won under Moores, and that's fair enough.

I look at how much the club fell behind and the fact we stagnated.

People mention 2005, but IMO that was half miracle, half Rafa's genius, and sod all to do with Moores because we really were in terminal decline.
      The h&g years just confirmed that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #23388: Sep 07, 2017 06:42:53 pm
      Instead of comparing FSG's accomplishments to other era's of management, we should compare their accomplishments to what we as supporters expect this club to accomplish.

FSG are piloting the ship during one of the most lucrative times for the Premier League. I'd say what they have delivered so far is basically the bare minimum you would expect (if that). Why some people defend them from the expectations that they show us dramatic improvement and dramatic ambition I have no idea.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23389: Sep 07, 2017 06:50:24 pm
      we should compare their accomplishments to what we as supporters expect this club to accomplish.

I think..and of course this is just an opinion that no matter who owned LFC they would never reach the expectations of what many of supporters want.

I am not trying to dumb down expectations but I suspect there is a fairly sizable group of supporters whose expectation would be for LFC to return to what it was from 1972-1989 and anything less will be a failure....I don't think any club or any owners will ever accomplish as much as this club did during that time frame; not in this league anyway.

For now we should be aiming for winning the league for the first time in almost 30 years and see how it goes from there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23390: Sep 07, 2017 08:09:21 pm
      I think..and of course this is just an opinion that no matter who owned LFC they would never reach the expectations of what many of supporters want.

I am not trying to dumb down expectations but I suspect there is a fairly sizable group of supporters whose expectation would be for LFC to return to what it was from 1972-1989 and anything less will be a failure....I don't think any club or any owners will ever accomplish as much as this club did during that time frame; not in this league anyway.

For now we should be aiming for winning the league for the first time in almost 30 years and see how it goes from there.

A trophy would be nice mate. That league cup was a while back now.

Quick Reply