Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2641767 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23575: Nov 02, 2017 08:42:44 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What a F***ing beaut.
      Spurs, the biggest sell to buy club in the league, and you and the other idiots jizzing all over them, but if we sell a player (who bites people, threatens to take us to court. and threatens to go on strike) it's an FSG conspiracy to defraud the club.

F***ing hilarious is right  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (more emoji's just for soft eddie)

You can't even keep your own bullshit theories straight FFS.  :lmao: :lmao:

Are you alright? It seems like you're a little confused!
      Not one post of mine since I joined this forum has praised Spurs.
      You spend so much time seeking out arguments that you forget who your actually arguing with!

Here's a bit of advice, take it our leave it.
      You should accept that you are not always right, don't feel bad, nobody is!
      It's virtually impossible to have a reasonable debate with you, because you may be either a Sociopathic (I'd get that looked into) or a troll (also a possibility).
      Your abrasive condescending manor is not constructive to good discussion.
      Personally I'm tired reading the same arrogance from you in every post. It's probably better if I just put to on ignore ( like many others have) to save time. 👍
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23576: Nov 02, 2017 08:53:27 pm
      F***ing hilarious is right  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (more emoji's just for soft eddie)
      Manners cost nothing!

Try it - please

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23577: Nov 02, 2017 08:54:15 pm
      Are you alright? It seems like you're a little confused!
      Not one post of mine since I joined this forum has praised Spurs.
      You spend so much time seeking out arguments that you forget who your actually arguing with!

Here's a bit of advice, take it our leave it.
      You should accept that you are not always right, don't feel bad, nobody is!
      It's virtually impossible to have a reasonable debate with you, because you may be either a Sociopathic (I'd get that looked into) or a troll (also a possibility).
      Your abrasive condescending manor is not constructive to good discussion.
      Personally I'm tired reading the same arrogance from you in every post. It's probably better if I just put to on ignore ( like many others have) to save time. 👍

Oh bless.

All this from a fella who thinks the owners spend all their time plotting how to cream a few quid off the top in the club accounts, and constantly makes up conspiracy theories about them.
      Paranoid delusions, I think you'll find they're called.

What you don't like is when someone points out that none of your fantasy delusions hold any water or have even a grain of truth in them.

Carry on though, it's genuinely F***ing hilarious that you think a billionaire spends his time cooking up nefarious plots, like some kind of Bond villain.
      Do you think he owns a big fluffy white cat as well?

Here's what you don't understand; They own the club, and they can do whatever the F**k they want with it, except they're not. If they were, we'd have been fu**ed up long ago. Ask Blackburn what happens when owners milk the club, or Villa.

I'm not asking you to like them, ffs I don't much like them myself, but for fucks sake give the conspiracy sh*t a rest. It's F***ing boring.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23578: Nov 02, 2017 09:01:35 pm
      Eight years FSG has been in charge; and for six years we have seen under investment in players...Klopp has been here two years and only in this last window have we seen anything nearing real investment in players...Meantime a club like Spur have slowly invested in quality players and now since 2009/10 season (excluding the 2013/14 season) we have always finished behind them....

Now Tottenham are a side that can hang with the best in the Premier League as well as the best in Europe...I believe that within the next three seasons or so Spur will win a title and maybe even a CL.... While we stagnate under FSG.... Can they change...? Only they know...Will they change..? That remains to be seen... My guess however is No

They honestly took all the money they made from Modric & Bale and bought well with it building a team that they have managed to keep together despite the wage cap that they have in place. Two players that were scouted and bought for nothing that in Modric's case in 2008 £30 million was a lot of money and in Bale's case £85 million in 2013 was a record.

It's not like Levy has been plowing money into Spurs...they have just spent transfer fees well and managed to keep them all together.

I remember the guys they bought with Bale's money..1st year they sucked big time and people were calling them a disaster...but as it turns out they have did quite well with those buys.

Our net spend per season the past 5 years is 34 million/season....Spurs net spend the past 5 years has been 3 million/season...so Spurs might not be the best example of ownership spending breeds success.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2017 09:06:49 pm by AZPatriot »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23579: Nov 02, 2017 09:06:41 pm
      They honestly took all the money they made from Modric & Bale and bought well with it building a team that they have managed to keep together despite the wage cap that they have in place. Two players that were scouted and bought for nothing that in Modric's case in 2008 £30 million was a lot of money and in Bale's case £85 million in 2013 was a record.

It's not like Levy has been plowing money into Spurs...they have just spent transfer fees well and managed to keep them all together.

I remember the guys they bought with Bale's money..1st year they sucked big time and people were calling them a disaster...but as it turns out they have did quite well with those buys.

The worst thing is that if FSG do actually do something wrong, or set about milking the club, people will take no notice because a few idiots have spent so long crying wolf, and we all know what happened in that story.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23580: Nov 02, 2017 09:12:06 pm
      The worst thing is that if FSG do actually do something wrong, or set about milking the club, people will take no notice because a few idiots have spent so long crying wolf, and we all know what happened in that story.
      If the owners were involved in a sex scandal you would defend them!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23581: Nov 02, 2017 09:14:38 pm

Don't have a problem myself with people wanting ownership to spend more and care more....but Spurs are a ridiculous example to use as Levy makes JWH look like daddy warbucks.

You would be hard pressed to find a cheaper more spend thrift owner than Daniel Levy.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23582: Nov 02, 2017 09:18:22 pm
      Oh bless.

All this from a fella who thinks the owners spend all their time plotting how to cream a few quid off the top in the club accounts, and constantly makes up conspiracy theories about them.
      Paranoid delusions, I think you'll find they're called.

What you don't like is when someone points out that none of your fantasy delusions hold any water or have even a grain of truth in them.

Carry on though, it's genuinely F***ing hilarious that you think a billionaire spends his time cooking up nefarious plots, like some kind of Bond villain.
      Do you think he owns a big fluffy white cat as well?

Here's what you don't understand; They own the club, and they can do whatever the F**k they want with it, except they're not. If they were, we'd have been fu**ed up long ago. Ask Blackburn what happens when owners milk the club, or Villa.

I'm not asking you to like them, ffs I don't much like them myself, but for fucks sake give the conspiracy sh*t a rest. It's F***ing boring.

Once again you've proved my point, I don't have conspiracy theories, your confusing me with someone else.
      I know exactly what FSG are doing, maximising their protfit with minimum investment. That's how a successful business is run. The problem I have is (and you should too) is that they are not doing enough to make us successful on the field.
      It's not a conspiracy theory that we don't sign world class players, that's a fact!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23583: Nov 02, 2017 09:20:58 pm
      Don't have a problem myself with people wanting ownership to spend more and care more....but Spurs are a ridiculous example to use as Levy makes JWH look like daddy warbucks.

You would be hard pressed to find a cheaper more spend thrift owner than Daniel Levy.

I'm not sure they don't care (if that makes sense).
      Werner was always here full time, and Mike Gordon put more money in specifically so he could take over responsibility from JH, after he got into football in a big way. (He'd been a minor stakeholder in FSG before that, and is now the 2nd biggest).

I also find it hard to slate them for doing exactly what they said they would, and more especially, they said they would not put their own money in, or act like a sugar daddy.

Levy has done a good job at Spurs, but he's sold to buy, and it has to be said they've been a bit fortunate, but yeah, he's a proper tightarse, and will sell Kane as soon as a big enough offer comes in.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23584: Nov 02, 2017 09:23:23 pm
      Once again you've proved my point, I don't have conspiracy theories, your confusing me with someone else.
      I know exactly what FSG are doing, maximising their protfit with minimum investment. That's how a successful business is run. The problem I have is (and you should too) is that they are not doing enough to make us successful on the field.
      It's not a conspiracy theory that we don't sign world class players, that's a fact!

Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Suarez aren't world class?
       :lmao:

Fella, every summer you start banging on about the owners taking money out of the club.
      Every summer.
      Not a shred of proof or evidence, just hysterical shrieking.
      That the very definition of a conspiracy theory.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23585: Nov 02, 2017 09:28:47 pm

Our net spend per season the past 5 years is 34 million/season....Spurs net spend the past 5 years has been 3 million/season...so Spurs might not be the best example of ownership spending breeds success.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

My point was were as we spend money on our targets , choosing to buy Quantity over Quality; Spurs put the latter at the front of their agenda thus they have benefited... Add that to the fact that they have shown they have the ambition to try and seriously win the League vs us; just seeming to flirting with that idea. Is it any wonder why they can hold on to players like Ali and Kane, as well as attaching top talent, and we struggle too, let a loan keep the talent we have...?? 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23586: Nov 02, 2017 09:37:04 pm
      My point was were as we spend money on our targets , choosing to buy Quantity over Quality; Spurs put the latter at the front of their agenda thus they have benefited... Add that to the fact that they have shown they have the ambition to try and seriously win the League vs us; just seeming to flirting with that idea. Is it any wonder why they can hold on to players like Ali and Kane, as well as attaching top talent, and we struggle too, let a loan keep the talent we have...?? 

The quantity over quality was a Rodgers thing...don't see how that has been the case since Klopp came it. Mane, Salah...Keita.

As far as them showing ambition to win the league how does spending a net 3 million a year show Levy being serious about winning the league?

I give all the credit to whoever is choosing the players at Spurs and the manager they have, don't see where Spurs ownership has done anything.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23587: Nov 02, 2017 09:43:08 pm
      Young talent that's now beginningto bare fruit?You mean like Eric Lamela, Roberto Saldado and Paulinho? 🙄 Christian Eriksson was their success story from that window, and our transfer committee didn't think he was worth bidding for!
      Bale wasn't an unknown kid btw, he was the hottest young property in the league, and Spurs had to battle Utd for his signature.

Toby Alderweireld 26 when he join spurs,  Jan Vertonghen 25, Victor Wanyama 25, Mousa Dembele 25, Serge Aurier 25

Players that you could hardly call "Young Talent" at 25 years plus...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23588: Nov 02, 2017 09:45:56 pm
      The quantity over quality was a Rodgers thing...don't see how that has been the case since Klopp came it. Mane, Salah...Keita.

As far as them showing ambition to win the league how does spending a net 3 million a year show Levy being serious about winning the league?

I give all the credit to whoever is choosing the players at Spurs and the manager they have, don't see where Spurs ownership has done anything.
      Did not claim that it was a "Klopp Thing" stated that it was a "FSG Thing"... Mind you this window looks like it is continuing in that vain
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23589: Nov 02, 2017 09:48:21 pm
      Mane, Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Suarez aren't world class?
       :lmao:

Fella, every summer you start banging on about the owners taking money out of the club.
      Every summer.
      Not a shred of proof or evidence, just hysterical shrieking.
      That the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

Show me one post where I've said they're trading money out of the club!
      Suarez is world class, Mane and Salah could become world class but they're not there yet. Coutinho is too inconsistent to be classed in that bracket, and Firmino isn't even close!
      Now, let me mention a few names for you. Aspas, Alberto, Illori, Coates, Manquillo, Assaidi, Bogdan. That's why we're no closer to winning the title than we were under Moores.
      Bare in mind they sold Suarez, who was even prepared to go to Arsenal due to our lack of ambition and Coutinho still be leaving in the summer because after 5 years he's still to win a single trophy?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23590: Nov 02, 2017 09:49:00 pm

Maybe they have done the most important thing and allowed the manager to do his own thing without interfering  ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23591: Nov 02, 2017 09:49:56 pm

Net spend is a bit misleading though.
      Take out the money from Modric and Bale, and it paints a different picture.
      Of course there's no guarantee that Levi would have spent the same amount without that money, but the whole net spend thing is blown out of proportion anyway, and without context is pretty much a null argument imo

Kane and Alli will be sold when a big enough offer comes in.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23592: Nov 02, 2017 09:52:26 pm
      Spurs haven't won anything, they probably won't either this season. They'll soon suffer the same fate as us with their to players wanting to leave due to lack of ambition.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23593: Nov 02, 2017 09:53:15 pm
      Did not claim that it was a "Klopp Thing" stated that it was a "FSG Thing"... Mind you this window looks like it is continuing in that vain

Well in one sentence you state we are buying quantity over quality....where is the quantity? if anything were not buying enough since Klopp came in.

Mane-Quality
      Salah-Quality
      Keita-Quality
      Gini- OK quality
      Matip- Iffy Quality
      Karius-Iffy all together
      Robertson- Looks Quality
      Grujic- To young to tell
      Klavin- Iffy all together.

I would not say that we are following the same recruitment path as we did 5 years ago when we were bringing in 8+ players every year; if anything the complaint now is that the manager is only settling on quality (ie VVD) and is inflexible thus leaving us short handed
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23594: Nov 02, 2017 09:53:22 pm
      Maybe they have done the most important thing and allowed the manager to do his own thing without interfering  ;)

Levy?
      And the DoF? The DoF position that BR said he wouldn't work under?
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've F***ing heard everything now.

Here's a thought; stop arguing about things you know nothing about (wiki copy and paste doesn't count), and come back when you actually know something.

I know you're only in this thread to fish for pluses, but F***ing hell, even Rib does a better job.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23595: Nov 02, 2017 09:56:03 pm
      Spurs haven't won anything, they probably won't either this season. They'll soon suffer the same fate as us with their to players wanting to leave due to lack of ambition.

It'll be down to Levy I think.
      He has an iron grip on the club, and he'll sell Kane and Alli when a big enough offer comes in.

Let's be fair though, they've done pretty well, considering the lack of money spent, although they landed on their feet with Kane, who burst through so well they play a game designed around him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23596: Nov 02, 2017 09:58:40 pm
      Kane loves Spurs, and London, his already stated that he wants to be a "One Team Footballer" and after the way they dealt with Real, slip up's from Utd and City and Spurs are in with a real chance this season and the next...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #23597: Nov 02, 2017 10:01:17 pm

The apologist also accused me of stating that the owners were ''creaming the club'', merely an attempt to disparage your opinion while diverting from the screamingly obvious that they neglect what LFC is all about - football.
      It is a refined form of bullshit, no matter it still F***ing stinks and is no good to anyone.

Quick Reply