Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642495 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24035: Jan 29, 2018 05:22:47 pm
      There's some awful tat out there. Introducing Camp Klopp.

That can’t be club merchandise surely, who buys this sh*t :D
      Thewingmaker44
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #24036: Jan 29, 2018 06:20:29 pm
      There's some awful tat out there. Introducing Camp Klopp.

Wow... actually lost for words
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24037: Jan 29, 2018 09:04:28 pm
      A mate of mine went to the game at the weekend for the first time this season with his two daughters.
      They went to the club shop and found this key ring attached. Tell me i am wrong but why does it look like Harold Shipman.
      Surely someone in the design office twigged this, but i guess its all about making money. 

Yeah they were mentioned ages ago all over forums and twitter, so we're still obviously selling them!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24038: Jan 29, 2018 11:21:39 pm
      Everton have about a £6m a season higher net spend since FSG took over. I mean nobody expects us to match City or even United.....but Everton.

I think the owners will keep the purse strings tight. That's in their interests obviously.  Klopp should be the one pushing for more investment into the team. FSG won't get the sack if we finish 6th...Klopp will also get it in the neck from the fans.

If somebody said Coutinho is going for £146m...and we have £75m to spend, I would rather it was spent on Coutinho's replacement...Mahrez or whoever...we can live without VVD...and we can live without Coutinho but the damage will felt all season if we don't replace.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #24039: Jan 29, 2018 11:39:36 pm
      Too much ask we spend 100 million every summer without selling best players we should be able spent 100 million every summer
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24040: Jan 29, 2018 11:39:55 pm
      Too much ask we spend 100 million every summer without selling best players we should be able spent 100 million every summer

Yes

Sleep now you.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24041: Jan 30, 2018 01:00:31 pm
      Article in the Daily Fail..

Purslow criticising FSG for selling Coutinho... Putting finances before football..

Pot.Kettle.Black.

Shame the f**ker ain't got any credibility after his Rafa backstabbing..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24042: Jan 30, 2018 01:05:22 pm
      Article in the Daily Fail..

Purslow criticising FSG for selling Coutinho... Putting finances before football..

Pot.Kettle.Black.

Shame the f**ker ain't got any credibility after his Rafa backstabbing..

Was on that The Debate with Craig Bellamy and some North East journalist last night, is it lifted from that or a column that he has, as only seen last 10 minutes of the programme.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24043: Jan 30, 2018 01:16:25 pm
      Was on that The Debate with Craig Bellamy and some North East journalist last night, is it lifted from that or a column that he has, as only seen last 10 minutes of the programme.

Intreview with Sky according to the article..

This is the article mate..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5329317/Liverpool-slammed-former-chief-selling-Coutinho.html
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24044: Feb 19, 2018 08:13:06 pm
      Kopite78
      Reply #24045: Feb 19, 2018 08:44:49 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24046: Feb 19, 2018 08:55:27 pm
      Really pleased for them

👍 😐

They seem to want to outspend for the baseball team...just not the football team.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24047: Feb 19, 2018 09:03:53 pm
      Its no surprise, the baseball team is their priority, we're more of a business venture.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24048: Feb 19, 2018 11:04:33 pm
      Its no surprise, the baseball team is their priority, we're more of a business venture.

Bit of a stretch to say that.

More profitable and less stressful ways to make money.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24049: Feb 19, 2018 11:16:38 pm
      Red Sox just signed a guy who can hit the ball,5 years 20 million a year.They are always up there on wages Yanks,Dodgers,Red Sox,detroit i think,don't really care about baseball.And it's pretty irrelevant to liverpool fc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24050: Feb 20, 2018 12:28:53 am
      Red Sox just signed a guy who can hit the ball,5 years 20 million a year.They are always up there on wages Yanks,Dodgers,Red Sox,detroit i think,don't really care about baseball.And it's pretty irrelevant to liverpool fc.

Why is it irrelevant? If they will break the bank for the baseball team why not for the football club?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24051: Feb 20, 2018 12:39:45 am
      Anyone know the big dollar numbers regarding FSG? I know they're a private company and all that but it's amazing how little info there is for a group that has a considerable media presence in New England (NESN, Boston Globe) and own two of the biggest sporting names in the world.

It'd also be interesting to know how much of Liverpool FC's valuation rise is down to them and how much of it is down to the rise in tv money seen since they took over.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #24052: Feb 20, 2018 12:23:24 pm

im no baseball expert but we are liverpool FC. They could make stupid money if we are on top again. they just need to invest more and then let JK do the rest. Look at city.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #24053: Feb 20, 2018 12:29:54 pm
      Why is it irrelevant? If they will break the bank for the baseball team why not for the football club?

i honestly dont have anything against the owners but i feel they could do more. we have been steadying the ship for a long time now. Think its time for them to sell the club. so we can have owners, who can fight for the best players against the likes of psg and city. City has done great, not only have they good squad but they have a rilliant infrastructure around the club and a great backbone.

Back in 2007 time, i was romantisizing the game. I wanted us to win without spending and throwing money but does it really matter. The game has changed and uefa and fifa has done nothing. We deserve to win trophies.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24054: Feb 20, 2018 01:12:37 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #24055: Feb 20, 2018 01:16:55 pm

Not to mention the fact that Mike Gordon, a shareholder for FSG is their football guy and does not concern himself with the Redsox.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24056: Feb 20, 2018 01:27:22 pm
      Not to mention the fact that Mike Gordon, a shareholder for FSG is their football guy and does not concern himself with the Redsox.

Some might say he doesn't concern himself with LFC either ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #24057: Feb 20, 2018 01:32:50 pm
      Anyone know the big dollar numbers regarding FSG? I know they're a private company and all that but it's amazing how little info there is for a group that has a considerable media presence in New England (NESN, Boston Globe) and own two of the biggest sporting names in the world.

It'd also be interesting to know how much of Liverpool FC's valuation rise is down to them and how much of it is down to the rise in tv money seen since they took over.

I haven’t checked their financial statements but as far as I know (from mates in financial business in the US) their numbers are solid and their business model is pretty good.

TV money doesn’t really increase the value of the club, but what it does it increases our revenues. When you look at valuation firstly you have to take into account company assets (stadium, shops, training complexes,etc...) tangible assets that generate value and income to the club. The new 50m training complex that will finish next year & the prospect of increasing Anfield capacity will add more value. Second, you look at debts and if your debts are generating positive income then this add to your valuation, unless your debts are causing financial distress (that what happened with G&H). So basically if the club looks good and healthy financially then the value will be good. I would say the owners have done a pretty good job since 2010 in that front and massively restructured Liverpool. Our numbers look good.

Quick Reply