Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2766399 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24104: Feb 25, 2018 02:05:25 pm
      I know some people still don't get it but we don't have to spend "big", only when the need may arise, would you swap our left back for any other at the moment? (8m), Trent cost f*ck all and neither did Matip so no it's not essential to be buying each player for 50m plus. Still people can't wait for FSG to sell up??? Be very careful what you wish for, I mean who cares how much they bought the club for and what price they may sell at? I mean really? We all wanted CL football, got it and looking likely for next season, team improving all the time. Yes trophies are what count and they will come.
      Buy on the cheap is great if you can get a Coutinho, Salah or Firmino, you're right we don't have to spend big to win the title would could do a Leicester City...

Remind me how long did it that for Leicester spend  on the cheap to do so...?? And how many of that squad remains and did not choose to go to other "Bigger" Clubs...?

There is where IMO you need to spend "BIG"...

a) Some of the better players cost more

b) To show the clubs ambition, and thus attract and "Keep" the likes of a Coutinho, Salah, Can extra

Without keeping these types of players (The Coutinho's, Mane's, Firmino's, and Salah's,) we done attract the VVD,s and the

Keita's of the footballing world and more importantly, we don't keep them
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24105: Feb 25, 2018 04:21:24 pm
      This is the type of player that we don't want

Neymar: PSG star tells Real Madrid he wants more money than Cristiano Ronaldo to join

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/923556/Neymar-PSG-Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-transfer-news-gossip-La-Liga-money

F**k greedy primadonna  c**t...

Barca to PSG because he was offered more money and wanted to be the main man, like in the Brazilain set up,and now wants to go to Real for the same reasons
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24106: Feb 25, 2018 04:30:25 pm

Neymar: PSG star tells Real Madrid he wants more money than Cristiano Ronaldo to join

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/923556/Neymar-PSG-Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-transfer-news-gossip-La-Liga-money

Barca to PSG because he was offered more money and wanted to be the main man, like in the Brazilain set up,and now wants to go to Real for the same reasons

Yeah - he's a repulsive little sh*t. Makes Ronaldo look as humble and modest as Mother Theresa in comparison.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24107: Feb 25, 2018 05:11:48 pm

Horrible little c**t
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24108: Feb 25, 2018 06:12:47 pm
      Fixed it for you.

We're Brits dear boy ....  ;D

Haha dead right old bean.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24109: Feb 25, 2018 06:15:41 pm
      Buy on the cheap is great if you can get a Coutinho, Salah or Firmino, you're right we don't have to spend big to win the title would could do a Leicester City...

Remind me how long did it that for Leicester spend  on the cheap to do so...?? And how many of that squad remains and did not choose to go to other "Bigger" Clubs...?

b) To show the clubs ambition, and thus attract and "Keep" the likes of a Coutinho, Salah, Can extra

Without keeping these types of players (The Coutinho's, Mane's, Firmino's, and Salah's,) we done attract the VVD,s and the

Keita's of the footballing world and more importantly, we don't keep them

Ain't that the truth.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24110: Feb 25, 2018 09:26:39 pm
      Sorry mate I have really got to start proof reading my posts.... Should read

Without keeping these types of players (The Coutinho's, Mane's, Firmino's, and Salah's,), we don't attract the VVD,s and the Keita's of the footballing world and more importantly, we don't keep them
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #24111: Feb 25, 2018 10:03:24 pm

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/967881473553522689
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24112: Feb 25, 2018 10:07:55 pm

Neymar stretchered off in tears? That's a serious one for him. Must have broken a toe nail.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24113: Feb 26, 2018 02:14:02 pm
      Sorry mate I have really got to start proof reading my posts.... Should read

Without keeping these types of players (The Coutinho's, Mane's, Firmino's, and Salah's,), we don't attract the VVD,s and the Keita's of the footballing world and more importantly, we don't keep them

Got the gist mate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24114: Feb 26, 2018 04:02:11 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24115: Feb 26, 2018 04:36:38 pm
      Not quite FSG related but I thought that it was gospel that Purslow sacked Benitez but I now know that it was Broughton.

How long have I been out of the loop on that?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #24116: Feb 26, 2018 04:43:22 pm
      Not quite FSG related but I thought that it was gospel that Purslow sacked Benitez but I now know that it was Broughton.

Combined effort more like, with Broughton delivering the knockout blow.

Purslow was mouthing off to some in our end in the Atletico Madrid semi away that Rafa was a gonna.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24117: Feb 26, 2018 05:13:15 pm

Maybe, but I don’t seem to remember investors queuing up to buy the club at the time.
      We are making steady progress without tearing up any trees, but be careful what you wish for.
      The other mans grass......

After H&G wove a legal cobweb around LFC on a global scale to deter prospective investors, the debt burden and moreso that international legal maze was a major contributing factor for the lack of potential takeovers.

JWH&Co stood on the side-lines as interested parties came and went and the rumour mill went into overdrive, the Boston business associates did their homework and their strategy of proving H&G's business methods were unethical and more importantly illegal was proven.

JWH&Co's highly proficient legal team had H&G thrown out of the highest courts in the UK and the US and the battle was won, their legal team had won the golden goose.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #24118: Feb 26, 2018 08:27:19 pm

2 cu*ts for the price of 1........
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1401 
      Reply #24119: Feb 26, 2018 10:13:41 pm
      The Echo reported in Oct 2017 that FSG net spend in the 7 year ownership was £164m....add on £75m for VVD......subtract £146m received for Coutinho...that comes to...er...£93m in 7 years...just over £13m net spend yearly.

If we lose Can, that's 2 influential midfield players gone. Plus Sturridge will be gone. So it could take £100m to rebalance the squad...at least that.

How many think Klopp will have £100m to spend in the next window.

Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1401 
      Reply #24120: Feb 26, 2018 10:30:46 pm
      The Echo reported in Oct 2017 that FSG net spend in the 7 year ownership was £164m....add on £75m for VVD......subtract £146m received for Coutinho...that comes to...er...£93m in 7 years...just over £13m net spend yearly.

If we lose Can, that's 2 influential midfield players gone. Plus Sturridge will be gone. So it could take £100m to rebalance the squad...at least that.

Right you've had bout 10 minutes...so nobody think Klopp has £100m to spend...FSG will give him bout £30m net may be less......just enought to buy one bandy legged, shortsighted, half fit Championship player...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24121: Feb 26, 2018 10:32:45 pm

We've broken our transfer record three times (maybe four depending on the real figure for AOC) this season. We managed to beat Chelsea and soon-to-be champions City for VVD in the process. We also spent 40m on AOC who also turned down Chelsea.

I honestly don't give a rats how much he has to spend because he seems to get whoever he wants.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1401 
      Reply #24122: Feb 26, 2018 10:44:17 pm
      We've broken our transfer record three times (maybe four depending on the real figure for AOC) this season. We managed to beat Chelsea and soon-to-be champions City for VVD in the process. We also spent 40m on AOC who also turned down Chelsea.

I honestly don't give a rats how much he has to spend because he seems to get whoever he wants.

Well he'll need to spend plenty in the next window.Has been said that FSG bought us on the cheap and if they sold up they would likely get 3 times what they paid. But we are not in this to improve the value of their investment. FSG have to provide sufficient sums to meet our expectations.

£100m will be needed to be spent to keep us in the top 4 and to have a serious attempt at winning the league.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24123: Feb 26, 2018 10:47:19 pm
      Well he'll need to spend plenty in the next window.Has been said that FSG bought us on the cheap and if they sold up they would likely get 3 times what they paid. But we are not in this to improve the value of their investment. FSG have to provide sufficient sums to meet our expectations.

£100m will be needed to be spent to keep us in the top 4 and to have a serious attempt at winning the league.

You're not comprehending.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24124: Feb 26, 2018 10:48:40 pm

Be nice if you could just put a price tag on it, unfortunately you can't.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1401 
      Reply #24125: Feb 26, 2018 10:51:50 pm

Sorry...mistook you for a pen-pusher..
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1401 
      Reply #24126: Feb 26, 2018 10:55:24 pm
      As I was saying if FSG carry on penny pinching we will eventually be overtaken by owners with real ambitions. Everton have outspent FSG. So it's not FSG that have kept us in contention. So fans should look at the figures before they defend them.

Quick Reply