Trending Topics

Next match: Chelsea v LFC [Premier League] Sun 22nd Sep @ 4:30 pm
      Stamford Bridge

Today is the 20th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P28 W16 D7 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1431957 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,388 posts | 1804 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24275: Feb 27, 2018 07:03:01 am
      Would we have spent that sort of money (£75m) on VVD and the money we are spend on Keita if they weren't get the money for Coutinho...??
      I believe not

I agree with you,the Coutinho cash was the catalyst for VVD and we won't of paid for Keita yet.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24276: Feb 27, 2018 11:05:34 am
      Yeah, that's fair enough. Just watching the spend really. I know your not giving them a thumbs up or anything. Money has been spent but it needs to be maintained. They have done well out of us. Let them repay that with a serious spend of the filthy lucre.

Just enough to keep us in contention might appease most of the fans. Klopp will buy it as well. It's obviously easy for me or anyone to demand a money no object stance but lets just see how far they will go before we give them to much credit.
      Think that you misunderstand me... I totally agree with you about their under investment in players and although we can not match the Utd's, City's and Chelsea of the world, we should at least be there or there abouts with the Arsenal's and Tottenham's  of the world...

If people were to really think about this I feel pretty sure that no one would be calling for £££M of pound to be spent in ever window, but to miss out on players  for the sake of 10k's in wages is almost criminal...

We cannot be spending less than teams like Everton etc, because as you pointed out there will come a point were thoughts team will start to overhaul us and we will find ourselves descending into the mid-table and once there it is all to easy to become relegation fodder

(Edit) I don't think that it is a wise strategy to buy young players cheap and sell them high and then re-invest the money earned from that sale... Yes it looks good at first glance... £85m for Suarez... Re-invested... £130m for Coutinho re-invested
      But the problem with doing it that way is you have to find and sell a player year or  every other year minimum, and they are always a
      Top Player which mean you have a good run every other season before you sell that player and you become like Southampton

And after a good run in the Premier League where are they sitting now...?
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 09:35:21 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24277: Feb 27, 2018 11:33:59 am
      Hmmm... Not overly excited by the FSG ownership but I think it's time we moved on from the net spend argument...

Some are asking Klopp to spend for the sake of spending..

Klopp has exceeded expectations with what is a nominal net spend compared to others around us..

We have one foot in the QF of the CL after a 10 year sabbatical & we are 2points of 2nd place MU who have spent a sh*t load to maintain top 4 status...

I don't think anyone wants spending for the sake of spending. Klopp is in no real hurry to build his team, he believes he'll get there eventually.
      Some (including myself) believe we could get there  quicker if the purse strings were loosened a little more.
      We will get top 4, I'm confident about that, but we're miles behind City, and that's the real measure of success 🏆🏆🏆

I'm all for only spending what we make, but if we didn't have the world wide fanbase, and if it hadn't been for the huge amount of TV money, and the money that being in the Premier league brings in through sponsorship, where would we be under FSG's
      ownership?

A lot closer to the bottom than the top is my guess!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,174 posts | 2854 
      Reply #24278: Feb 27, 2018 11:51:36 am
      I don't think anyone wants spending for the sake of spending. Klopp is in no real hurry to build his team, he believes he'll get there eventually.
      Some (including myself) believe we could get there  quicker if the purse strings were loosened a little more.
      We will get top 4, I'm confident about that, but we're miles behind City, and that's the real measure of success 🏆🏆🏆

I'm all for only spending what we make, but if we didn't have the world wide fanbase, and if it hadn't been for the huge amount of TV money, and the money that being in the Premier league brings in through sponsorship, where would we be under FSG's
      ownership?

A lot closer to the bottom than the top is my guess!

I'm sure Klopp is on record stating money is always available but the player he wants as some clubs won't sell unless their seasons are already over competition wise..

As for being more closer to the bottom than top I disagree..

Under Moore's we couldn't compete financially with the likes of Arsenal,Manc,Chelsea but we were just as successful Trophy wise..

I'm not defending FSG but we have been close to adding silverware to the only solitary cup under their ownership..

ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24279: Feb 27, 2018 01:16:21 pm
      I'm sure Klopp is on record stating money is always available but the player he wants as some clubs won't sell unless their seasons are already over competition wise..

As for being more closer to the bottom than top I disagree..

Under Moore's we couldn't compete financially with the likes of Arsenal,Manc,Chelsea but we were just as successful Trophy wise..

I'm not defending FSG but we have been close to adding silverware to the only solitary cup under their ownership..

Being close to silverware isn't good enough. Second is nowhere mate!

My point is Moore's spent plenty of his own money to get us those trophies, FSG spend none of their money, and the result has been a trophy drought.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1243 
      Reply #24280: Feb 27, 2018 01:54:48 pm
      The good news is we look pretty f**king good as it is and lots of money left in the bank from the Coutinho sale even if we minus the VVD fee. We have Keita to come in and i've been forced to have a rethink on the debate that we need to replace Coutinho. I would personally strengthen further in the forward line with Sturridge and Ings set to depart and that leaving us very short on back up, but our front 3 carries our midfield to the point where it almost doesn't matter that Hendo, Can, Ox, Milner, Wijnaldum lack real creativity. Can is leaving but Keita comes in so the midfield actually looks settled.

The strengthening therefore for me lies primarily at the back. A partner for VVD and goalkeeper to be proud of.

We have the basis of a title challenging team, I hope Fenway provide the funds for a decent spend on top of assuring Can is the only first team player we lose.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,245 posts | 2010 
      Reply #24281: Feb 27, 2018 02:12:16 pm
      This argument just goes around and around and around, its so bloody boring now.

The bottom line is that FSG are not a rich Saudi prince or a Russian billionaire, they are a company who invests sensibly and is making good progress in building the LFC brand and a large part of that is improving the fortunes of the club on the pitch, hence why they went out and secured one of the best managers in the world.

I honestly don't know what some of you guys want, in one breath you call Chelsea and Citeh phony plastic clubs and in the second cry like a baby that we aren't buying Messi and Neymar each and every window, you cannot have it both ways.

From my point of view they are doing a good job, they are increasing the revenues of the club and backing the manager when he requests it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24282: Feb 27, 2018 03:27:10 pm
      This argument just goes around and around and around, its so bloody boring now.

The bottom line is that FSG are not a rich Saudi prince or a Russian billionaire, they are a company who invests sensibly and is making good progress in building the LFC brand and a large part of that is improving the fortunes of the club on the pitch, hence why they went out and secured one of the best managers in the world.

I honestly don't know what some of you guys want, in one breath you call Chelsea and Citeh phony plastic clubs and in the second cry like a baby that we aren't buying Messi and Neymar each and every window, you cannot have it both ways.

From my point of view they are doing a good job, they are increasing the revenues of the club and backing the manager when he requests it.

Straw argument! I haven't seen a single person on this forum with an opinion like that.

Truth is, if it wasn't for for the continued sale of our top players ( regardless if they wanted to leave or not) our net spend would be akin to a championship side.

If Jürgen can make this work, brilliant! He's probably the only manager in the world that could, but while we build the side slowly, City will continue to but those ready made players that guarantee success.

I get the impression you think top 4 is an achievement. It's essential but there are no trophies handed out for qualifying for the Champions league.
      You can say we can't compete with City due to their financial clout, we could with owners like theirs.

*edit* This may seem.like pissing and moaning to you, it is, but isn't a forum a place to voice an opinion?
      I will always hope for better than we get, no matter what it is!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,500 posts | 3236 
      Reply #24283: Feb 27, 2018 04:39:24 pm
      Straw argument! I haven't seen a single person on this forum with an opinion like that.

Truth is, if it wasn't for for the continued sale of our top players ( regardless if they wanted to leave or not) our net spend would be akin to a championship side.

If Jürgen can make this work, brilliant! He's probably the only manager in the world that could, but while we build the side slowly, City will continue to but those ready made players that guarantee success.

I get the impression you think top 4 is an achievement. It's essential but there are no trophies handed out for qualifying for the Champions league.
      You can say we can't compete with City due to their financial clout, we could with owners like theirs.

*edit* This may seem.like pissing and moaning to you, it is, but isn't a forum a place to voice an opinion?

These are the misinformed who are delighted with the second best/runners up titles - as well as the wums who latch on to the 7 years of none achievement under FSG and are as happy as pigs in sh*t.
      Like yourself I will always want better than we get, especially under these owners and wait in vain for those all winning days to return.

As a sobering thought contemplate our fortunes (or not) if and when Klopp exits and we are left once again under the misguided auspices of JWH&Co.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,245 posts | 2010 
      Reply #24284: Feb 27, 2018 06:42:51 pm

Sorry to laugh but you started off by saying that no one on this forum is asking for Citeh like spending then finished by saying that you wished for it, which sort of proves my point, thanks :-)
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,245 posts | 2010 
      Reply #24285: Feb 27, 2018 06:46:42 pm
      These are the misinformed who are delighted with the second best/runners up titles - as well as the wums who latch on to the 7 years of none achievement under FSG and are as happy as pigs in sh*t.
      Like yourself I will always want better than we get, especially under these owners and wait in vain for those all winning days to return.

As a sobering thought contemplate our fortunes (or not) if and when Klopp exits and we are left once again under the misguided auspices of JWH&Co.

Yes because everyone with a different point of view to you must be misinformed!

All I want is for the team to progress, which I think we can all agree that we are, I'm not sure I want some more money than sense brat pumping his oil fortune into the club, I'd rather we earn the league title than buy it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24286: Feb 27, 2018 06:54:35 pm
      Sorry to laugh but you started off by saying that no one on this forum is asking for Citeh like spending then finished by saying that you wished for it, which sort of proves my point, thanks :-)

Well no it doesn't. I haven't asked for City like spending with THESE owners, I'm stating that with owners like City's we could. Would I swap FSG for Sheik Monsour? In a heartbeat! The man actually has an interest in football and cares about the on field success of his club.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24287: Feb 27, 2018 06:57:00 pm
      Yes because everyone with a different point of view to you must be misinformed!

All I want is for the team to progress, which I think we can all agree that we are, I'm not sure I want some more money than sense brat pumping his oil fortune into the club, I'd rather we earn the league title than buy it.

We earned our other titles by spending money on players, just like City are doing this season.
      £75 million on VanDijk! Does that count as earning a league title?
      GERNS

• 7,324 posts | 508 
      Reply #24288: Feb 27, 2018 07:11:03 pm
      Would we have spent that sort of money (£75m) on VVD and the money we are spend on Keita if they weren't get the money for Coutinho...??
      I believe not

How long was the protracted signing of VVD going on for. I mean from the first noted interest, and similar for Keita. I'm not 100 % sure, but I think both these deals were first sounded out before Barca showed any interest in Couts.
      If thats the case, as I suspect it is, then the fee from cuts sale was not an issue in signing the other two. As I remember it, Klopp also done everything he could to get Couts to stay. Are you suggesting, if he did stay, the other two signings would have been binned ?
      Somehow, I don't think so.
      Think someones trying to create a mood of,  FSG out, you don't spend enough ! Yet none of our previous owners have spent anything close. We may refer to it as minuscule net spend, but thats only because we've shipped out the dead wood. Perhaps you'd prefer we kept all the dross on the payroll, just to create a more positive net spend. Mind Boggling this. Moaning for the sake of moaning.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24289: Feb 27, 2018 07:41:02 pm
      How long was the protracted signing of VVD going on for. I mean from the first noted interest, and similar for Keita. I'm not 100 % sure, but I think both these deals were first sounded out before Barca showed any interest in Couts.
      If thats the case, as I suspect it is, then the fee from cuts sale was not an issue in signing the other two. As I remember it, Klopp also done everything he could to get Couts to stay. Are you suggesting, if he did stay, the other two signings would have been binned ?
      Think someones trying to create a mood of,  FSG out, you don't spend enough ! Yet none of our previous owners have spent anything close. We may refer to it as minuscule net spend, but thats only because we've shipped out the dead wood. Perhaps you'd prefer we kept all the dross on the payroll, just to create a more positive net spend. Mind Boggling this. Moaning for the sake of moaning.

The links with Barcelona and Coutinho went back to the previous season a far as I remember. It's like this, if the Van Dijk and Keita signings weren't reliant on the Coutinho fee, it will become clear (or not) in the summer when we see how much is available.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24290: Feb 27, 2018 09:29:33 pm

Did we put in a bid for VVD before we sold Coutinho...? and Have we bought Keita... Yes a deal was put in place for Keita but we were told back then that we were buying him and loaning him back, that's how it was sold to Liverpool supporters... FSG had in their minds already sold Coutinho to Barca and the only persons who did not know it were some of the Liverpool supporters and possibly Klopp and Coutinho himself.... Some of us here knew it was a done deal they were never going to pass up such a huge profit on a player

"edit" said this before but i think it is worth saying again

"I don't think that it is a wise strategy to buy young players cheap and sell them high and then re-invest the money earned from that sale... Yes it looks good at first glance... £85m for Suarez... Re-invested... £130m for Coutinho re-invested
      But the problem with doing it that way is you have to find and sell a player year or every other year minimum, and they are always a
      Top Player which mean you have a good run every other season before you sell that player and you become like Southampton

And after a good run in the Premier League where are they sitting now...?"
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 09:35:47 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,500 posts | 3236 
      Reply #24291: Feb 27, 2018 11:15:26 pm
      The links with Barcelona and Coutinho went back to the previous season a far as I remember. It's like this, if the Van Dijk and Keita signings weren't reliant on the Coutinho fee, it will become clear (or not) in the summer when we see how much is available.

There is only one party who could pre-empt the rumours about Barca and Coutinho, having such knowledge that party could make far reaching plans for the anticipated fee.
      Going on experience Van Dijk and Keita will prevent the hand in the till scenario which that certain party are keen to avoid.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,350 posts | 570 
      Reply #24292: Feb 28, 2018 12:24:22 pm
      Well no it doesn't. I haven't asked for City like spending with THESE owners, I'm stating that with owners like City's we could. Would I swap FSG for Sheik Monsour? In a heartbeat! The man actually has an interest in football and cares about the on field success of his club.

How do you know Sheikh Mansour has interest in football?

Man City's majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment, which is a private equity fund that specializes in investments, you really think they are there because they have a passion for football and care about the club? They make so much money on different investments all over the world and not necessarily just in sports. They are FSG (in terms of buying something and creating value) but with more money and look into building value and long term growth by investing in business infrastructure and development. Hence the more success they have the more their value increases. The same way FSG are doing with less resources and that's why it takes more time with us than them. ADUG even sold minor shares to a Chinese based company CITIC, do you really think because the Chinese have interest in football? or maybe because for both ADUG & CITIC want to build a commercial success in the Chinese market. I can't seem to find their annual revenues/income because it seems Emirates don't have the same transparency laws foun in Europe or US but I'm sure they make 5 times what FSG make, so if you want owners like that then fair enough but saying they are interested in football? naaah.

When owners like ADUG & FSG decide to move on they will leave their respective clubs in a very very healthy financial situation in respect to Abramovic, who keeps loaning Chelsea money to buy players with high interest.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2018 12:54:21 pm by Arab Scouse »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,990 posts | 401 
      Reply #24293: Feb 28, 2018 12:37:12 pm
      Doubt any fan thinks interest in football in a prerequisite for investment. FSG are earning year in year out and have probably trebled their capital investment in us and will continue to prosper.

£13m net spend per year since taking over is not a massive investment in the playing strength. It's the bottom line that they are ultimately concerned with.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,350 posts | 570 
      Reply #24294: Feb 28, 2018 12:51:24 pm
      Being close to silverware isn't good enough. Second is nowhere mate!

My point is Moore's spent plenty of his own money to get us those trophies, FSG spend none of their money, and the result has been a trophy drought.

Moores couldn't get us to the next stage and he is one of the reasons why we declined in the 90s and why we didn't end up winning a league title. We played second fiddle to Man Utd who had more spending power because of their stronger commercial success and the way they marketed their club. Moores couldn't compete with that, maybe because he couldn't find better sponsors than his old ones who paid little or he had an incompetent CEO under him in Rick Parry who couldn't do a better job. You can't even compare Moores with FSG, both were under different circumstances, the latter bought the club riddled with debt, poor players, poor manager and an outdated business structure that was still stuck in the late 80s early 90s. Thankfully we got rid of our old sponsors and got better ones, developed our stadium, developed our commercial strategy, improved our infrastructure. in 2008 we were making around 40m in matchday revenues, in 2016 we made around 70m. same in commercial from around 65m to around 130m in commercial activities (I did not even include broadcast revenues or tv rights). Future plans is developing our stadium again by increasing it's capacity and introducing our new 50m training complex.

Yeah all this took time and it will take time, I've said it from the beginning I don't see this as a short term fix and it will take more time until we can compete financially with the likes of Man Utd & Man City but we will get there eventually. But saying FSG don't spend money is a myth because they have and they've been very very supportive of Klopp and who he wanted to sign. Klopp seems very happy so that's good to me. When the time comes in the summer and Klopp thinks Jorginho is a 60m player and Napoli are willing to sell him for that much then I don't think the owners will hesitate because they support their manager like they've done with VVD and his other signings.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24295: Feb 28, 2018 01:30:41 pm
      How do you know Sheikh Mansour has interest in football?

Man City's majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment, which is a private equity fund that specializes in investments, you really think they are there because they have a passion for football and care about the club? They make so much money on different investments all over the world and not necessarily just in sports. They are FSG (in terms of buying something and creating value) but with more money and look into building value and long term growth by investing in business infrastructure and development. Hence the more success they have the more their value increases. The same way FSG are doing with less resources and that's why it takes more time with us than them. ADUG even sold minor shares to a Chinese based company CITIC, do you really think because the Chinese have interest in football? or maybe because for both ADUG & CITIC want to build a commercial success in the Chinese market. I can't seem to find their annual revenues/income because it seems Emirates don't have the same transparency laws foun in Europe or US but I'm sure they make 5 times what FSG make, so if you want owners like that then fair enough but saying they are interested in football? naaah.

When owners like ADUG & FSG decide to move on they will leave their respective clubs in a very very healthy financial situation in respect to Abramovic, who keeps loaning Chelsea money to buy players with high interest.

Sheik Monsour's first thought was to build a team capable of winning the Premier league. That was his priority as it made Man City a world wide name almost immediately. FSG's priority was increase this value of the club it seems.

Now of course making us self sustainable was important due to the FFP rules, but it seemed for a long time that it making their investment grow was far more important to them than the number of trophies we won. I still believe that's the case, if we don't win a trophy, I don't think it will concern then as long as we quality for the CL on a regular basis.

Sadly there's a lot of fans that feel the same way.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,136 posts | 1327 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24296: Feb 28, 2018 01:47:41 pm
      Moores couldn't get us to the next stage and he is one of the reasons why we declined in the 90s and why we didn't end up winning a league title. We played second fiddle to Man Utd who had more spending power because of their stronger commercial success and the way they marketed their club. Moores couldn't compete with that, maybe because he couldn't find better sponsors than his old ones who paid little or he had an incompetent CEO under him in Rick Parry who couldn't do a better job. You can't even compare Moores with FSG, both were under different circumstances, the latter bought the club riddled with debt, poor players, poor manager and an outdated business structure that was still stuck in the late 80s early 90s. Thankfully we got rid of our old sponsors and got better ones, developed our stadium, developed our commercial strategy, improved our infrastructure. in 2008 we were making around 40m in matchday revenues, in 2016 we made around 70m. same in commercial from around 65m to around 130m in commercial activities (I did not even include broadcast revenues or tv rights). Future plans is developing our stadium again by increasing it's capacity and introducing our new 50m training complex.

Yeah all this took time and it will take time, I've said it from the beginning I don't see this as a short term fix and it will take more time until we can compete financially with the likes of Man Utd & Man City but we will get there eventually. But saying FSG don't spend money is a myth because they have and they've been very very supportive of Klopp and who he wanted to sign. Klopp seems very happy so that's good to me. When the time comes in the summer and Klopp thinks Jorginho is a 60m player and Napoli are willing to sell him for that much then I don't think the owners will hesitate because they support their manager like they've done with VVD and his other signings.

I won't dispute that Moore's took us a far as he could. I also won't dispute that FSG have increased our revenue streams.

One thing that's obvious, is that even with more money coming in through sponsorship and especially TV money, we are still only spending big after the sale of star players, so the extra money coming in hasn't resulted in more money available for player acquisitions.
      So basically we have healthy accounts, but the trophy count reamins low.

I'm always hearing "were getting closer", it's been 7 years and we're 18 points behind City (after thursday night) with 10 games to go!  How many years of getting closer is they going to be?

The selling of the top players has to stop for if we're to progress. It's up to Jürgen and FSG to make sure that happens.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,350 posts | 570 
      Reply #24297: Feb 28, 2018 02:19:59 pm
      Sheik Monsour's first thought was to build a team capable of winning the Premier league. That was his priority as it made Man City a world wide name almost immediately. FSG's priority was increase this value of the club it seems.

Now of course making us self sustainable was important due to the FFP rules, but it seemed for a long time that it making their investment grow was far more important to them than the number of trophies we won. I still believe that's the case, if we don't win a trophy, I don't think it will concern then as long as we quality for the CL on a regular basis.

Sadly there's a lot of fans that feel the same way.

Do you really think without ADUG's financial power Man City would be as good as they are now? If they had as much money as FSG, do you really think they can afford to build a 200m world class training complex? or compete with Man Utd? We wouldn't be having this conversation if they did, they would also, like FSG worked under conditions that wouldn't deplete their resources and put the club under financial distress.

Most owners want a team that can challenge for trophies (except for Mike Ashley) it all depends on resources. I don't agree with you, FSG wants Liverpool to be at the top but they want to do it their way and that's fair enough to them. It might not go well with some fans but so far they have done most of what we asked for no? In time we will trophies because they hired a top coach and supported him in every transfer window so far.

Actually lots of fans also don't share yours and other's sentiments on FSG, it's practically divided opinion.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,350 posts | 570 
      Reply #24298: Feb 28, 2018 02:27:46 pm
      I won't dispute that Moore's took us a far as he could. I also won't dispute that FSG have increased our revenue streams.

One thing that's obvious, is that even with more money coming in through sponsorship and especially TV money, we are still only spending big after the sale of star players, so the extra money coming in hasn't resulted in more money available for player acquisitions.
      So basically we have healthy accounts, but the trophy count reamins low.

I'm always hearing "were getting closer", it's been 7 years and we're 18 points behind City (after thursday night) with 10 games to go!  How many years of getting closer is they going to be?

The selling of the top players has to stop for if we're to progress. It's up to Jürgen and FSG to make sure that happens.

Mate,

Like I said, and  I said this a long time ago, it takes a lot of time to be where we want to be (I think I said maybe 10-15 years, don't remember). I'm only optimistic that we will get there because when I look at our strategy and business model it looks good and it gives me optimism. Also you cannot judge the signings of VVD and Keita on Coutinho sale because we aren't in the summer yet and maybe the proceeds of Coutinho will go to signing other players.

I understand that a lot of the fans, especially the older generation just want to see the league title again because I've only been a Liverpool fan for the past 18 years so it makes me on the younger generation side that hasn't seen the club winning a premier league, but I'm relaxed and happy we have good custodians and a great manager who is doing well so far. Time will tell, what matters is we sign the right players in the summer, just like we are doing so far under Klopp.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,500 posts | 3236 
      Reply #24299: Feb 28, 2018 05:13:25 pm
      Mate,

Like I said, and  I said this a long time ago, it takes a lot of time to be where we want to be (I think I said maybe 10-15 years, don't remember). I'm only optimistic that we will get there because when I look at our strategy and business model it looks good and it gives me optimism. Also you cannot judge the signings of VVD and Keita on Coutinho sale because we aren't in the summer yet and maybe the proceeds of Coutinho will go to signing other players.

I understand that a lot of the fans, especially the older generation just want to see the league title again because I've only been a Liverpool fan for the past 18 years so it makes me on the younger generation side that hasn't seen the club winning a premier league, but I'm relaxed and happy we have good custodians and a great manager who is doing well so far. Time will tell, what matters is we sign the right players in the summer, just like we are doing so far under Klopp.

Your acceptance of the second-best/runners up badge that this club has been forced to accommodate under JWH&Co is not readily taken on board by all.
      Do not jumble "older supporters" and your claimed "happy and relaxed" younger mind set with the fact that in 7 years we have won f**k all under these owners.

If you were a younger fan, let's say 7 years old, going to the game and getting ice cream and having a good day out with your arl fella you would indeed feel relaxed and happy, by way of contrast if you add 40 or so years to the age mentioned there could be an entirely different attitude to the proposition - something called experience comes into play.

What jumps out is our owners are speculators, businessmen who only act out a part of that description.
      The business anthem is feed an investment.
      As opposed to leave the asset ticking over and cream the dividend for the investors.

JWH&Co would be extremely happy to have "fans" like you supporting  their money pig venture with the echoing trophy cabinets their version of ownership entails.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2018 05:22:41 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply