Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646477 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24173: Apr 18, 2018 02:29:43 pm
      Who cares where they are. Just pump in £200m of fresh transfer funds for the next window. And another £200m of new money for the winter window.

Are they not even coming over for the European games? bloody hell even as a neutral you'd want to come over just to soak up that atmosphere.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24174: Apr 18, 2018 02:49:44 pm
      Are they not even coming over for the European games? bloody hell even as a neutral you'd want to come over just to soak up that atmosphere.

Think they were over recently, sure I read it somewhere
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #24175: Apr 18, 2018 03:18:11 pm
      Who cares where they are. Just pump in £200m of fresh transfer funds for the next window. And another £200m of new money for the winter window.

Exactly right!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24176: Apr 18, 2018 05:45:59 pm
      Where have they gone?..not a squeak from the owners ;D

Or most of the people moaning about them
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24177: Apr 19, 2018 12:00:49 am

We have been doing amazingly without them, why wreck a good thing?

Stay the F**k away, just send money!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24178: Apr 19, 2018 09:36:49 am
      Where have they gone?..not a squeak from the owners ;D

They've been around, just wait for the next poor result and you'll notice some posters noticing them.
      EBLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #24179: Apr 20, 2018 03:19:10 pm
      https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

Didn't know where to post this link but seems as good a place as any. Has anyone seen this?? I knew the money involved was big but didn't know it had gone to these levels! I heard the other day that Roma were already guaranteed 80mil Euros so we must be in and around that too?

"English clubs will benefit the most with the new Market Pool distribution system and If an english club were to win the champions league in 2017-18 season they will earn more than €110 million (around €55m from performance based + another €50m/€60m with market pool)."

And there's still a huge wedge left over from the Coutinho deal...

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24180: Apr 23, 2018 03:34:06 pm
      Stick this in the corp thread cos it lacks any F***ing passion about the game.Blah blah blah local rich guys.https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/22/high-stakes-european-soccer-match-made-boston/tx7MX3K1xmHLHoPMwhHBAJ/story.html#comments
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24182: Apr 29, 2018 04:21:08 pm

How the F**k can JWH&Co help/understand the community when they don't even understand football?

They got the club for £200m after saving it from bankruptcy,
      They loaned the club the money to extend Anfield.
      Liverpool City Council are providing for the local community and that work continues.

JWH&Co are not a charitable body and have stated they will not part with their own money in the running of LFC, the club will generate it's own funding.

The FSG doubters have no reason to change tack.

Sarah Whatsername is talking out of her arse.
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2018 04:36:21 pm by stuey »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #24183: Apr 29, 2018 05:20:07 pm

How the f**k can JWH&Co help/understand the community when they don't even understand football?

They got the club for £200m after saving it from bankruptcy,
      They loaned the club the money to extend Anfield.
      Liverpool City Council are providing for the local community and that work continues.

JWH&Co are not a charitable body and have stated they will not part with their own money in the running of LFC, the club will generate it's own funding.

The FSG doubters have no reason to change tack.

Sarah Whatsername is talking out of her arse.

Did you even read the article?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24184: Apr 29, 2018 06:18:59 pm

Of course I read the article and the inaccuracies were unbelievable.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24185: Apr 29, 2018 06:48:39 pm

I suppose the difficulty of the regeneration of Anfield in the long run is not to turn it into a process of gentrification like what has happened in London and is now happening in Manchester. I'd hate to see Anfield become a haven for posh outsiders while the poorer but true Liverpudlians are moved to the outskirts of the city and beyond.

The uniqueness of Liverpool's (and Everton's) place in the city is that they are still at the heart of the community and while the presence of the two clubs have caused problems for locals, the fact they are still where they've always been means that the opportunity to do good for the community is still very much there. Compare that to Manchester City and their empty 'home' on some scooped out industrial estate and they've instantly whitewashed any responsibility to provide for the community because there is none. And before anyone says, no - the Abu Dhabi Group's headline investment into a £1bn housing construction scheme by Manchester City Council which makes no provision for affordable housing, does not count as community investment. That's a mere ploy to further maximise the speed of gentrification happening across Manchester and to populate the city with their rich corrupt pals. Won't be long before Manchester is like London - owned by rich Russians and Arabs while those born and bred are shoved to the outskirts and beyond. Liverpool should never ever become like those two cities.
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2018 07:32:07 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24186: Apr 30, 2018 12:18:53 am
      Grobbelaar will stir up a hornet's nest with this controversial shout?

Liverpool owners urged to make The Kop 'Scousers only' - by European Cup winner

Liverpool legend Bruce Grobbelaar believes owners Fenway Sports Group should make the Kop only for Scousers.

The former Reds keeper, who was back at Anfield for the first leg of the Champions League semi-final with Roma, says the atmosphere at games would be improved if those 12,000 seats were always filled by supporters from the city.

"On the European nights, the corporate fans from overseas can’t get tickets," Grobbelaar said.

"It’s mainly local fans there - that’s why the atmosphere is so great and the passion is so strong.

"For Premier League games, you get people coming from all over, paying big money to get into the games as part of a weekend away.

"I’d like to see the whole of the Kop just for people from Liverpool. Then you’ll find that the singing lasts for 90 minutes. It’s something for the owners to listen to."

European Cup winner Grobbelaar is a fan of current Liverpool No 1 Loris Karius, who has grasped his chance since replacing Simon Mignolet in January.

"Karius has been the one for me from the start," he told the ECHO.

"I watched him when he was at Mainz. I could see why Jürgen Klopp wanted him.

"When he first came here he didn’t play the same way as he did at Mainz. Now he’s getting back to that.

"Things have improved defensively since Virgil Van Dijk came in. Trent Alexander-Arnold is absolutely superb and Andy Robertson has been a revelation.

"We have got some good young defenders. Maybe we'll see centre-back partnership of Van Dijk with Joe Gomez come pre-season.

"The keeper who I believe should still be at Liverpool is Pepe Reina. He went too soon."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-owners-urged-make-kop-14592070

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24187: Apr 30, 2018 12:46:06 am
      As a foreigner, out of towner, yank b***ard, etc.....it would make perfect sense to me that you’d want to keep the Kop mostly local. Now I’d certainly love the chance to stand on the Kop one day but for me, being anywhere in the ground would be fine, hell stick me in the away fans section ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24188: Apr 30, 2018 08:03:30 am

Liverpool legend Bruce Grobbelaar believes owners Fenway Sports Group should make the Kop only for Scousers.

The former Reds keeper, who was back at Anfield for the first leg of the Champions League semi-final with Roma, says the atmosphere at games would be improved if those 12,000 seats were always filled by supporters from the city.

"On the European nights, the corporate fans from overseas can’t get tickets," Grobbelaar said.

"It’s mainly local fans there - that’s why the atmosphere is so great and the passion is so strong.

"For Premier League games, you get people coming from all over, paying big money to get into the games as part of a weekend away.

"I’d like to see the whole of the Kop just for people from Liverpool. Then you’ll find that the singing lasts for 90 minutes. It’s something for the owners to listen to."

European Cup winner Grobbelaar is a fan of current Liverpool No 1 Loris Karius, who has grasped his chance since replacing Simon Mignolet in January.

"When he first came here he didn’t play the same way as he did at Mainz. Now he’s getting back to that.

"Things have improved defensively since Virgil Van Dijk came in. Trent Alexander-Arnold is absolutely superb and Andy Robertson has been a revelation.

"We have got some good young defenders. Maybe we'll see centre-back partnership of Van Dijk with Joe Gomez come pre-season.

"The keeper who I believe should still be at Liverpool is Pepe Reina. He went too soon."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-owners-urged-make-kop-14592070

Don’t agree at all. Liverpool is for everyone as is The Kop
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24189: Apr 30, 2018 08:24:20 am
      Grobbelaar isn't even  Scouse himself and a he's no legend with the garbage he constantly comes out with.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #24190: Apr 30, 2018 09:25:45 am

Yep,hornets nest indeed,not going to give it much thought myself.
      Plenty of fans across the globe travel hundreds of miles and some even hundreds of thousands of miles to see the reds play,they should not be excluded from getting a ticket & sitting on the kop because they are not scousers,I'm a scouser born & bred and to me It shouldn't be about  where you are from.
      What's next ,Irish,Scottish ,Welsh etc only seating ....the only segregation I want to see is what we currently have
      & that being the away end separate from the home support even though us reds get hold of tickets for that section of the ground. :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24191: Apr 30, 2018 11:04:50 am

Except bluenoses and mancs ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24192: Apr 30, 2018 03:56:23 pm

True dat
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24193: Apr 30, 2018 06:05:49 pm
      As a foreigner, out of towner, yank b***ard, etc.....it would make perfect sense to me that you’d want to keep the Kop mostly local. Now I’d certainly love the chance to stand on the Kop one day but for me, being anywhere in the ground would be fine, hell stick me in the away fans section ;D

A real Liverpool supporter
       ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24194: Apr 30, 2018 06:07:50 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #24195: May 10, 2018 08:57:07 pm
      When will be given the budget to get a team and a bench to compete with the the other top teams, we have been running on fumes the last few games you can see the players are knackered with no one to come in on a comparable level. About time our skinflint owners put forward a budget to reward the level the players and management have achieved

Quick Reply