Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643136 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24288: May 29, 2018 01:22:45 pm
      Why  people care if we live within our means this is a business .How many businesses these days only invest the profit they make if they did they would fall behind their competitors who do borrow to invest in their business.
       We were told we could compete with anyone in the Transfer market that's not quite true is it.
      I don't think Jürgen thinks in terms of names or transfer values he knows how he wants to strengthen his squad and whilst this si good for FSG we have to accept this is Jurgens way to success not by getting the cheque book out.
      This will only be his third season in charge I expect a lot more consistency and improvement in 18/19
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24289: May 29, 2018 01:51:05 pm
      Can you show where you have praised them, because you, along with Stuey, seem to always delight in slagging them off at every little opportunity, its extremely tedious.

He doesn't need to show you anything, he's allowed to have an opinion!! It's a bit like you with your constant digs at Karius, that's getting extremely tedious.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24290: May 29, 2018 02:22:58 pm
      Fekir + new CB + new keeper will do for me.

Not sure we really need a new CB at this stage... I know Lovren can be hit and miss, but we have Matip, and Gomez as stand in's.With the Midfielders we have coming in that should offer the back four a lot more cover than we currently have...

I believe by the way we fell apart when we lost Mo, we really need to be looking for another striker over a CB... But both would be nice  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24291: May 29, 2018 02:42:38 pm
      Not sure we really need a new CB at this stage... I know Lovren can be hit and miss, but we have Matip, and Gomez as stand in's.With the Midfielders we have coming in that should offer the back four a lot more cover than we currently have...

I believe by the way we fell apart when we lost Mo, we really need to be looking for another striker over a CB... But both would be nice  ;D

Yeah think we're ok in defence, my own personal opinion I'd be looking at a back up for Robbo and say ta-ra to Moreno, but other than that there doesn't need to be real changes in defence.

Fabinho and Keita will hopefully add some more steel to that midfield.

I think Fekir could be the attacking option - although another back-up striker would be good.

Bogdan's being released, I'd sell Mignolet, we won't get shut of Karius (after Saturday, can't see there being a rush for anyone else to buy him), so possibly a new keeper needed!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24292: May 29, 2018 02:51:01 pm

So confirmed he's not an option then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24293: May 29, 2018 04:12:57 pm

Apparently he’s not signed a new contract yet so the release clause is still 80-90mill.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24294: May 29, 2018 04:16:49 pm

I'd go with this.

No defender is leaving, which means we won't sign anyone. We have numbers in depth with those you mention and Raggy. Would personally move on Joel but Jürgen looks to have made it clear he will be back for next season.

Need to sort out our attack now. Can't keep having the best trio in the world and then taking one out for Dom Solanke or Danny Ings.

Two attackers and we're set.

EDIT: Also, FSG in! ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24295: May 29, 2018 04:21:44 pm
      He doesn't need to show you anything, he's allowed to have an opinion!! It's a bit like you with your constant digs at Karius, that's getting extremely tedious.

I only have a dig when someone says that Karius can come back and should start for us, whilst at the same time bemoaning our lack of investment!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24296: May 29, 2018 04:24:57 pm
      I only have a dig when someone says that Karius can come back and should start for us, whilst at the same time bemoaning our lack of investment!

You're running around the board like a little bi*ch having a dig at anyone wanting to defend Karius.

YNWA must mean F**k all to you then!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24297: May 29, 2018 06:03:22 pm
      Jürgen will decide if he stays or goes and if he stays he knows the lad well enough to believe he can put that night to one side and start again.
      Sometimes people who overcome such adversity become so much stronger than before. I am not saying he will or won't but I think Jürgen will want to see how he comes back to training at Melwood.
      The problem he has is his first mistake at Anfield will be greeted with moans and groans. Its a tough one.
      Do we have enough money to spend £50 mil on a goalkeeper but then again can we afford not to.
      Big decisions to be made this summer
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #24298: Jun 08, 2018 01:18:17 am
      John got what he wanted. Got to feel for the minnows in the league. The gaps just getting bigger. Dont want the premier ship to turn out like La Liga or the Bundesliga...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/07/premier-league-big-six-win-battle-overseas-television-rights
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24299: Jun 08, 2018 04:42:46 am
      John got what he wanted. Got to feel for the minnows in the league. The gaps just getting bigger. Dont want the premier ship to turn out like La Liga or the Bundesliga...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/07/premier-league-big-six-win-battle-overseas-television-rights

Bottom half clubs in England can still outspend many clubs in European competitions. They’ll be okay.

Poor ownership will be their demise before a deal like this.

Anyways, we’ve gone out and got a new midfield. They’re decent aren’t they?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #24300: Jun 08, 2018 05:15:13 am
      Only worry is all this action will culminate with Salah in Barca shirt. If we lose no more of our first team and end up with Keita, Fabinho and Fekir then brilliant work and it means we are serious about 2018-19 for the LEAGUE!!!
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #24301: Jun 08, 2018 06:47:56 am
      This has the makings of being one of the best transfer windows in Liverpool history should they secure Fekir and a goalkeeper. I really like the vision in trying to have a midfield where everyone is capable in possession and everyone can make a pass between the lines. This is something that will no doubt make one of the best front three's in football even better.

For all the flack that the owners get, and I have been one of their biggest critics here, they have done better than great this window, and that is an understatement. On paper, this has to be one of the two most exciting teams in the league as things currently stand.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24302: Jun 12, 2018 08:15:03 pm
      Just seen this on twitter, if they are correct, I'm a little bit disgusted in Liverpool FC charging that price.

https://twitter.com/BillyCampbell_1/status/1006430763414417409
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24303: Jun 12, 2018 09:02:49 pm
      Just seen this on twitter, if they are correct, I'm a little bit disgusted in Liverpool FC charging that price.

https://twitter.com/BillyCampbell_1/status/1006430763414417409

should be free to kids in the Local community never mind anything else
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #24304: Jul 19, 2018 08:53:25 am
      This thread is remarkably quiet given the activity in recent weeks.....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24305: Jul 19, 2018 09:00:17 am

That's the way things go on here. No activity on here until something goes wrong then it's the owners fault.

Don't worry something will come up and we'll see a few things most likely:

1. They've only spent this season, our net over their time is still 'x' and everyone else is 'y'
      2. The money spent on Keita which last season people argued would be taken out of this years budget, not last years will now suddenly be taken out of last years budget to lower the spend this season.
      3. The only reason we're buying is to sell, FSG just see the current trend as buying premium cattle instead of calfs, higher buying cost but higher resale value.

And there will be at least one lunatic out there that will say they still don't have the clubs interest at heart despite the work on the team, ground and training facilities.

Or maybe people will have a change of heart, unlikely mind you.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #24306: Jul 19, 2018 09:13:07 am

wait until we have a blip or we lose 2 games in a row
      Kopite78
      Reply #24307: Jul 19, 2018 09:21:24 am
      That's the way things go on here. No activity on here until something goes wrong then it's the owners fault.

Don't worry something will come up and we'll see a few things most likely:

1. They've only spent this season, our net over their time is still 'x' and everyone else is 'y'
      2. The money spent on Keita which last season people argued would be taken out of this years budget, not last years will now suddenly be taken out of last years budget to lower the spend this season.
      3. The only reason we're buying is to sell, FSG just see the current trend as buying premium cattle instead of calfs, higher buying cost but higher resale value.

And there will be at least one lunatic out there that will say they still don't have the clubs interest at heart despite the work on the team, ground and training facilities.

Or maybe people will have a change of heart, unlikely mind you.

Can you not just say that for the last 12 months or so they've become the exact owners I wanted?
      But it took a long time and a fair few mistakes and learning for them to get there?
      That's my view anyway
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24308: Jul 19, 2018 09:25:25 am
      It is hard to fault FSG at the moment, they have been backing Jürgen very well lately. I genuinely think that they just got their fingers burned under Rodgers with some of the sh*t signings we made and they are now fully confident and behind Jürgen and his vision.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #24309: Jul 19, 2018 09:49:57 am
      It is hard to fault FSG at the moment, they have been backing Jürgen very well lately. I genuinely think that they just got their fingers burned under Rodgers with some of the sh*t signings we made and they are now fully confident and behind Jürgen and his vision.

Not just Rodgers, lets be honest here we wasted £35m on Carroll, £20m on Downing (!!!!) etc etc. The list goes on.

Fortunately for FSG, and for us, we now have Jürgen, who's capable of getting the best out of what we already have, knows what kind of player and what kind of person he wants whenever we make a signing, and is creating a club and culture which players want to be a part of.

I can't remember the last time I was more excited for a season...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24310: Jul 19, 2018 10:13:24 am
      the past is the past and we cant replay those seasons. So far we seem to be buying players in positions the fans have been crying out to strengthen for some time and its looking really good so far.

Quick Reply