Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2641162 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24771: Aug 07, 2018 06:12:41 pm
      tbh I've never see so much energy expended on a subject that people can do F**k all about; it's one thing if the discussion freshen's up and new opinions are exchanged...but 6-7 years running and it's the exact same everything.

Could have resolved world peace and hunger with the amount of brain power sucked into the topic ;)

I just play bullshit bingo now.

"feed the asset" check

"undoubted asset" check

"Boston enclave" check

and so on ad infinitum

And now we have people praising a Russian crook for loaning the money to chelsea while at the same time, berating our owner for doing the same.

Cognitive dissonance doesn't even begin to describe it  :laugh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24772: Aug 07, 2018 06:31:18 pm
      LFC is value at a little shy of £1.5bn which means FSG 300m is actually nearer a 530% increase and they have managed this
      by mainly using the Clubs money, and Ad revenues and promoting the brand worldwide, and not investing their own money

You say that Chelsea is worth 1.5bn?...  Abramovich paid £140m for the club that's 1,020% plus on his investment

He wanted to buy and demolish the old Battersea power station to build a new stadium for Chelsea but, the Council turned him down
      Plus Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has rejected a £2 billion offer for the club as recently as June 2018... Sound like commitment to me

Would be interesting to see if FSG was offered 2bn for Liverpool just how long they would hang around for

This has been posted numerous times yet he clings to the fallacy that JWH&Co are responsible for the £1.5bn market value amassed on the brand LFC while not contributing whatsoever apart from 260m at the outset.
      When the owners decide to cash in is unclear, when the scenario of sitting back and doing next to nothing while your asset increases by 500% of the original stake is very much a reality, they won't be going anywhere soon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24773: Aug 07, 2018 06:37:18 pm
      tbh I've never see so much energy expended on a subject that people can do F**k all about; it's one thing if the discussion freshen's up and new opinions are exchanged...but 6-7 years running and it's the exact same everything.

Could have resolved world peace and hunger with the amount of brain power sucked into the topic ;)

Nothing has changed for 8 years, the owners are still minting it and refuse to put any money into the club.
      The same pissed off criticism will prevail while the owners keep their hands in their pockets.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24774: Aug 07, 2018 06:41:57 pm
      So what you are effectively lobbying for is to be run by businessmen that aren’t very smart at business?

In other words, you want businessmen that put in their own money to try and turn a profit vs businessmen who leverage the equity of their investment?

So you are looking for a fairy tale then. Just to be clear.

It’s called OPM Stuart and it’s always proved to be the smartest way to get ahead in business. If you don’t know the acronym I’m sure someone can explain it to you in eloquent terms.

I'm looking for owners who follow the business maxim of feeding an asset.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24775: Aug 07, 2018 06:48:48 pm
      Nothing has changed for 8 years, the owners are still minting it and refuse to put any money into the club.
      The same pissed off criticism will prevail while the owners keep their hands in their pockets.

That's all well and good Stu, just don't see the point in discussing the same thing ad nausea...Yeah if there were some major developments or changes then i would expect this thread to be pretty active.

The fact as you mentioned that nothing has changed in 8 years and it may not change for another 8 years for all we know makes it even more confusing.

Point/Counterpoint...Point/Counterpoint....they are all exactly the same and have not changed....saying the same things over and over and over (both pro/con) isn't going to change one single thing nor is either side of the argument going to move they're stance.

Like i said seems like a whole lot of energy spent for nothing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24776: Aug 07, 2018 07:12:12 pm
      LFC is value at a little shy of £1.5bn which means FSG 300m is actually nearer a 530% increase and they have managed this
      by mainly using the Clubs money, and Ad revenues and promoting the brand worldwide, and not investing their own money

You say that Chelsea is worth 1.5bn?...  Abramovich paid £140m for the club that's 1,020% plus on his investment

He wanted to buy and demolish the old Battersea power station to build a new stadium for Chelsea but, the Council turned him down
      Plus Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has rejected a £2 billion offer for the club as recently as June 2018... Sound like commitment to me

Would be interesting to see if FSG was offered 2bn for Liverpool just how long they would hang around for

Abramovich paid £140m...AND SPENT ANOTHER ONE BILLION.

He didn’t make 1000%. Not even bloody close.

This has been posted numerous times yet he clings to the fallacy that JWH&Co are responsible for the £1.5bn market value amassed on the brand LFC while not contributing whatsoever apart from 260m at the outset.
      When the owners decide to cash in is unclear, when the scenario of sitting back and doing next to nothing while your asset increases by 500% of the original stake is very much a reality, they won't be going anywhere soon.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You’re either a liar or an extremely ignorant human being. Either way, I can’t help you understand.

Read our financial reports. They’re online.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24777: Aug 07, 2018 07:19:39 pm

You’re either a liar or an extremely ignorant human being. Either way, I can’t help you understand.

Who prepares the "financial reports" online?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24778: Aug 07, 2018 07:25:07 pm
      That's all well and good Stu, just don't see the point in discussing the same thing ad nausea...Yeah if there were some major developments or changes then i would expect this thread to be pretty active.

The fact as you mentioned that nothing has changed in 8 years and it may not change for another 8 years for all we know makes it even more confusing.

Point/Counterpoint...Point/Counterpoint....they are all exactly the same and have not changed....saying the same things over and over and over (both pro/con) isn't going to change one single thing nor is either side of the argument going to move they're stance.

Like i said seems like a whole lot of energy spent for nothing.

It isn't a waste of time Erik when the original criticism is as valid today as it ever was, probably more so with the value of the club put at £1.4 bn.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24779: Aug 07, 2018 08:17:58 pm
      I'm looking for owners who follow the business maxim of feeding an asset.

Oh, so it’s grown from 200m+ to 1.4b without being fed? Interesting. Because if I gained that much weight you are sure as hell I enjoyed eating my way there 😂😂

You are lost in the sauce bro, you don’t even know what you are arguing for anymore. :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24780: Aug 07, 2018 08:36:43 pm
      Oh, so it’s grown from 200m+ to 1.4b without being fed? Interesting. Because if I gained that much weight you are sure as hell I enjoyed eating my way there 😂😂

You are lost in the sauce bro, you don’t even know what you are arguing for anymore. :lmao:

You miss the point, rather you choose to ignore the obvious, FSG have done nothing practically to affect the £1.4bn increased worth of the club, it has been generated on the back of LFC as stated earlier, some time earlier actually.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24781: Aug 07, 2018 09:22:20 pm
      You miss the point, rather you choose to ignore the obvious, FSG have done nothing practically to affect the £1.4bn increased worth of the club, it has been generated on the back of LFC as stated earlier, some time earlier actually.

No it hasn’t. You are arguing false economics. You don’t gain value based on reputation. I’m no lover of FSG, far from it, a bunch of arrogant Boston pricks.....but the reasons the club has grown in value are due to the improvements in facilities and the hiring of one Jürgen Klopp and then seeming financial support they’ve shown him (club record fees for Forward, world record fees for defender and keeper to name just the recent ones).
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24782: Aug 07, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      Abramovich paid £140m...AND SPENT ANOTHER ONE BILLION.

He didn’t make 1000%. Not even bloody close.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

firstly... Yes he put a billion of his own money in to Chelsea He had the balls and confidence to back his investment to succeed

Secondly...

You say Liverpool is valued at £2bn....and then go on to say

How the f**k have they not invested in the club and managed to increase the value by nearly 600%?

So let's use your figures... £300m x 600% = £1.800,000,000bn but let's call it £2bn

Now Chelsea valued at £1.5bn (My figures) bought for £140m x 1020% = £1.428,000,000bn   A shade under £1.5bn

Where is the lie...??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24783: Aug 07, 2018 10:17:01 pm
      No it hasn’t. You are arguing false economics. You don’t gain value based on reputation. I’m no lover of FSG, far from it, a bunch of arrogant Boston pricks.....but the reasons the club has grown in value are due to the improvements in facilities and the hiring of one Jürgen Klopp and then seeming financial support they’ve shown him (club record fees for Forward, world record fees for defender and keeper to name just the recent ones).

The club has always had dedicated support because of the club's history and success but there has been a failure in exposing LFC to a wider market, we are catching up with the mancs who are still some way ahead in that aspect.
      FSG took advantage of an option that always existed - the tradition that is LFC.

Fair play they have done a job - finally, and it is paying dividends.
      After years of admitted mistakes, some woeful managerial appointments and signings someone saw the light and appointed Klopp.

Players signed by previous sacked managers were sold for many millions more than they were bought for and the genius of Klopp has amassed a decent team with the monies gained.

Where should the credit be alotted?
      There is only one candidate for pulling LFC out of the average description that was slowly overcoming the club and it sure as F**k is no one in Boston.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #24784: Aug 07, 2018 10:45:46 pm
      Mental how you are bashing the owners when we’ve gone gun ho for the title this year based on our transfer statergy

Their business men, not some Russian/Arab plaything. They have bided their time and made an astute business like thought process when all out other rivals dawdling or in a complete rebuild (minus Man City) and gone ‘this is the time’

Argue all you want lads, but we have this year bought the worlds most expensive defender, keeper, one of most highly rated midfielders, increased revenue streams aswell as keep our best talent plus increase their contracts.

You seem to be yearning for an crisis so you have a F***ing reason to moan.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24785: Aug 07, 2018 10:51:10 pm
      some woeful managerial appointments

Just out of interest who are these woeful managerial appointments you think they've made?

Kenny Dalglish won us our last trophy.

Brendan Rodgers was a win away from our first league title since 1990.

Jürgen Klopp has taken us to 3 finals in 3 years and playing some of the best football we've seen.

Surely you're not blaming them for Hodgson as well?

Reading over this thread it appears by trying to pick stuff to blame them for you're tying yourself up in knots Stu.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24786: Aug 07, 2018 11:18:19 pm
      Just out of interest who are these woeful managerial appointments you think they've made?

Kenny Dalglish won us our last trophy.

Brendan Rodgers was a win away from our first league title since 1990.

Jürgen Klopp has taken us to 3 finals in 3 years and playing some of the best football we've seen.

Surely you're not blaming them for Hodgson as well?

Reading over this thread it appears by trying to pick stuff to blame them for you're tying yourself up in knots Stu.

Dalglish - dual role with FSG's appointment Damian Commoli, Commoli sacked but paid out for wrongful dismissal by FSG.
      Kenny eventually taken on again by FSG and still retains a position with LFC.

Rodgers sacked by FSG for his perceived shortcomings.

FSG's appointment Hodgson sacked by them for none achievement. seen as a yes man by many.

Stating fact again mate. no blame, no hysteria.
      To me the above smacks of bad decision making which was admitted by JWH when he spoke about making mistakes.

I'm not getting confused Si just recalling actual events.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24787: Aug 07, 2018 11:22:39 pm
      Dalglish - dual role with FSG's appointment Damian Commoli, Commoli sacked but paid out for wrongful dismissal by FSG.

FSG's appointment Hodgson sacked by them for none achievement. seen as a yes man by many.

To me the above smacks of bad decision making which was admitted by JWH when he spoke about making mistakes.

No you're talking absolute nonsense mate.

For the record FSG didn't appoint Hodgson.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24788: Aug 07, 2018 11:28:57 pm

Come on Stuey...You know better and have been told 100x

It is unknown whether Liverpool have offered Hodgson a short-term contract given the public declaration from Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the club's deeply unpopular co-owners, to sell the club once their asking price is met.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/30/liverpool-roy-hodgson-new-manager
      /news]
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24789: Aug 07, 2018 11:44:17 pm
      The club has always had dedicated support because of the club's history and success but there has been a failure in exposing LFC to a wider market, we are catching up with the mancs who are still some way ahead in that aspect.
      FSG took advantage of an option that always existed - the tradition that is LFC.

Fair play they have done a job - finally, and it is paying dividends.
      After years of admitted mistakes, some woeful managerial appointments and signings someone saw the light and appointed Klopp.

Players signed by previous sacked managers were sold for many millions more than they were bought for and the genius of Klopp has amassed a decent team with the monies gained.

Where should the credit be alotted?
      There is only one candidate for pulling LFC out of the average description that was slowly overcoming the club and it sure as f**k is no one in Boston.

I’m not concerned about FSG getting any credit, that is patently different than acting like they are the worst owners around. If you ARE interested in assigning blame and credit, I suppose FSG would share in parts of both if you were looking at it objectively.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #24790: Aug 08, 2018 06:15:19 am

You aren’t recalling actual events, as FSG didn’t appoint the hodge.

You’re coming off as being deliberately thick. You want the owners to pump their own money in, presumably via a loan, which I can guarantee you would moan about if they did.

Give your head a wobble, you might start making sense.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24791: Aug 08, 2018 08:51:21 am
      Noticeable that the FSG  lads were onto a wee lapse in concentration like fly's round sh*t.

FSG lads ;D

I'm far from it mate but talking about 'their woeful managerial appointments' is nonsense as I don't think they have been even close to 'woeful appointments'.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24792: Aug 08, 2018 09:50:21 am
      FSG lads ;D

I'm far from it mate but talking about 'their woeful managerial appointments' is nonsense as I don't think they have been even close to 'woeful appointments'.

The original comment which I removed for presentation reasons referred to the woeful manageria and playerl appointments over the time span pre-Klopp.
      The fact that Jürgen has been unable to add to the trophy cabinet in his time at LFC is a damning indictment of the turmoil the previous managerial and player appointments had on the club.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24793: Aug 08, 2018 10:27:15 am
      The original comment which I removed for presentation reasons referred to the woeful manageria and playerl appointments over the time span pre-Klopp.
      The fact that Jürgen has been unable to add to the trophy cabinet in his time at LFC is a damning indictment of the turmoil the previous managerial and player appointments had on the club.

I know what you said Stu, just don't think you've been clear, which seems to be your way these days.

So Kenny winning our last trophy and Brendan coaching a side to within a win of our first title since 1990 have been woeful appointments?

Quick Reply