Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642088 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24794: Aug 08, 2018 10:44:52 am
      I know what you said Stu, just don't think you've been clear, which seems to be your way these days.

So Kenny winning our last trophy and Brendan coaching a side to within a win of our first title since 1990 have been woeful appointments?

Clear as day mate.
      Kenny won our only trophy in eight years and was unceremoniously sacked as was the FSG appointed Damien Comolli who was more than instrumental in the F**k up that saw Kenny sacked for.
      Rodgers failed as well and met the same fate, second is nowhere.

Perfectly lucid and concise, you may find a grammatical error but they are the facts, smacks of executive misdirection, executive appointed by our owners.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2018 11:03:51 am by stuey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24795: Aug 08, 2018 10:51:05 am
      Clear as day mate.
      Kenny won our only trophy in eight years and was unceremoniously sacked as was the FSG appointed Damien Commoli who was more than instrumental in the f**k up that saw Kenny sacked for.
      Rodgers failed as well and met the same fate, second is nowhere.

Perfectly lucid and concise, you may find a grammatical error but they are the facts, smacks of executive misdirection, executive appointed by our owners.

It's well documented that Kenny & Comolli were 'both' instrumental in players bought & sold..Whilst you will praise Kenny for winning our last trophy you all gave omitted Comolli from that success..

I've still not clearly understood your message of FSG....what do FSG need to do that will satisfy you?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24796: Aug 08, 2018 11:02:09 am
      It's well documented that Kenny & Comolli were 'both' instrumental in players bought & sold..Whilst you will praise Kenny for winning our last trophy you all gave omitted Comolli from that success..

It is as well documented that Comolli was more influential than Kenny on signing the likes of Carroll and pursuing the player.

I've still not clearly understood your message of FSG....what do FSG need to do that will satisfy you?

Bring back success as JWH vowed on the turf of Anfield eight years ago.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24797: Aug 08, 2018 11:22:40 am
      It is as well documented that Comolli was more influential than Kenny on signing the likes of Carroll and pursuing the player.

Bring back success as JWH vowed on the turf of Anfield eight years ago.

So Comolli should get more praise for winning our last trophy due to his greater influence in player signings..

& for success...like I posted previously, small margins would have seen us lift every major trophy under FSG..

Here is the list for you..

FA Cup..Kenny.
      Title..Rodgers.
      League Cup..Klopp.
      UEFA Cup..Klopp.
      Champions League..Klopp.

You must have been asleep whilst we were in the hunt for the league & playing finals..all under FSG.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24798: Aug 08, 2018 11:33:36 am
      So Comolli should get more praise for winning our last trophy due to his greater influence in player signings..

& for success...like I posted previously, small margins would have seen us lift every major trophy under FSG..

Here is the list for you..

FA Cup..Kenny.
      Title..Rodgers.
      League Cup..Klopp.
      UEFA Cup..Klopp.
      Champions League..Klopp.

You must have been asleep whilst we were in the hunt for the league & playing finals..all under FSG.

Second is nowhere.
      Although our owners are more than happy with the dosh second place attracts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24799: Aug 08, 2018 12:11:24 pm
      Second is nowhere.
      Although our owners are more than happy with the dosh second place attracts.

I never said second is somewhere.

Small margins during those games would have seen us lift every single trophy under FSG...

You carry on with you agenda..don't let it consume you .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24800: Aug 08, 2018 01:54:37 pm
      I never said second is somewhere.

Small margins during those games would have seen us lift every single trophy under FSG...

You carry on with you agenda..don't let it consume you .

Haha what agenda?
       When the identical questions are asked over and over and the answer provided is not compatible with FSG speak, each of you to a man resort to personal comment, a sure sign of desperation.

Water and duck's backs spring to mind.

edit: Second is still nowhere.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24801: Aug 10, 2018 11:09:34 am
      Well another window done.

Close to 200m spent and only the 12 mill for Danny Ward coming in.

Exactly what people are asking for.

Some hard critics on here, but I would suggest it would be foolish to say our owners are not backing Klopp at this stage.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24802: Aug 10, 2018 12:50:08 pm
      So are people saying when the Sell up as they will one day they will only take back what they put into the club and not take any of up to Ā£1billion profit ?. Its what happens then that matters as new owners could easily saddle most if not all of the purchase debt onto the club. So whilst FSG are sitting pretty right now the fans are left with 1 trophy under their tenure and that to quote an old manager is Fact.  I'll be impressed not by how much they spend but by how much Silverware goes into Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24803: Aug 10, 2018 01:13:42 pm
      Well another window done.

Close to 200m spent and only the 12 mill for Danny Ward coming in.

Exactly what people are asking for.

Some hard critics on here, but I would suggest it would be foolish to say our owners are not backing Klopp at this stage.

It would be extremely obtuse not to admit that Klopp is being backed anything but positively on his judgement, at the same time if an acknowledged world class manager at the top of his profession were not given support by his appointees serious questions would have to be asked.
      Really looking forward to our opening game on Sunday with unbridled confidence.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24804: Aug 10, 2018 02:40:17 pm

Certainly Klopp is being backed but this isn't money from the back of JWH's couch.  This is money earned because Coutinho got sold and mostly because we earned about Ā£80M from Klopp getting us to the final and back into the group stage this year.

I'd be concerned if we hadn't spent money after such a lucrative season off the field.

Club are well run on the pitch, off the pitch and I've got a lot of confidence that we can now compete on the field, and in the transfer market!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24805: Aug 10, 2018 04:14:15 pm
      Certainly Klopp is being backed but this isn't money from the back of JWH's couch.  This is money earned because Coutinho got sold and mostly because we earned about Ā£80M from Klopp getting us to the final and back into the group stage this year.

I'd be concerned if we hadn't spent money after such a lucrative season off the field.
      Club are well run on the pitch, off the pitch and I've got a lot of confidence that we can now compete on the field, and in the transfer market!

Agree entirely with the closing paragraph JD, the only reservation is if we have a "Coutinho" or similar to enable competing in the transfer market.
      To compete successfully on all fronts we do need like for like replacement, right now that is not in place; do we have the dosh to realise the strength in depth concept?

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 04:18:56 pm by stuey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24806: Aug 23, 2018 11:31:03 pm
      Knocked back a Ā£2 billion offer for the club from the cousin of the Man City owner..

👀

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6092431/Cousin-Man-City-owner-failed-world-record-2bn-takeover-Liverpool.html

I know itā€™s the Fail..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24807: Aug 24, 2018 06:10:10 am
      Knocked back a Ā£2 billion offer for the club from the cousin of the Man City owner..

👀

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6092431/Cousin-Man-City-owner-failed-world-record-2bn-takeover-Liverpool.html

I know itā€™s the Fail..

If they continue to invest and do not put the club in major debts, I wouldn't mind to continue having them as our owners.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24808: Aug 24, 2018 06:46:10 am
      But they are only in it for the profit from us, they donā€™t actually care about getting the club back to the top...

Maybe time a few ā€œtheoriesā€ were put to bed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24809: Aug 24, 2018 09:23:46 am
      But they are only in it for the profit from us, they donā€™t actually care about getting the club back to the top...

not really they don't at this point need the money and they have very little direct day to day involvement in the club.
      They bought the club cheap and got lucky with the massive increase in TV revenue coming into the club.
      As long as they do right by the club and don't start hiving off funds then it doesn't really matter who owns it .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24810: Aug 24, 2018 10:00:58 am
      You only have to look back to the state of affairs we were left in after 'Herpes & Gonhorroea' to see if we are being run properly,  in the earlier days i was one of FSG's main critics but in all honesty they have come around to being owners we all hoped for once Moores hung up his cheque book,

Whatever profit they make if the sold up is deserving so long as they don't affect the long term future of LFC.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24811: Aug 24, 2018 10:50:08 am
      It is reported that a Ā£2bn bid for LFC was knocked back recently, the bid was handled by a vetting dept of the owners who rejected it out of hand.
      Several similar bids have been received but were not thought worthy of consideration and the owners themselves were not consulted.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24812: Aug 24, 2018 11:38:26 am
      not really they don't at this point need the money and they have very little direct day to day involvement in the club.
      They bought the club cheap and got lucky with the massive increase in TV revenue coming into the club.
      As long as they do right by the club and don't start hiving off funds then it doesn't really matter who owns it .

Mike Gordon spends most of his time over here, as does Werner.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24813: Aug 24, 2018 12:09:15 pm

Well they didn't do it for philanthropic purposes or for any particular love of the club.

I think in the medium to long term future they will stand to gain even more from a sale so they have every right to hold fire for now.

Hopefully for everyone concerned we can win some big silverware in the mean time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24814: Aug 24, 2018 12:11:27 pm
      It is reported that a Ā£2bn bid for LFC was knocked back recently, the bid was handled by a vetting dept of the owners who rejected it out of hand.
      Several similar bids have been received but were not thought worthy of consideration and the owners themselves were not consulted.

Apparently the deal led by Sheikh Khaled was put to a halt straight away because they failed to provide the proof of funds, a little amount of 25mill.

To be honest, FSG have vastly improved over the last couple of years so as far as owners go Iā€™m quite happy with them. But, I wouldnā€™t be against them doing what City done and get outside investment of a small percentage, which is what it appears they are searching for. If it allows us to compete more on a financial scale with the likes of City whilst maintaining their financial security of the club, it can only be a good thing.
      The fact this Sheikh being talked about at the moment was having to get backing from a Chinese investment firm and a Swiss hedge fund, had trouble written all over it and is probably why it was immediately rejected. IMO.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #24815: Aug 24, 2018 02:27:35 pm
      Well they didn't do it for philanthropic purposes or for any particular love of the club.

I think in the medium to long term future they will stand to gain even more from a sale so they have every right to hold fire for now.

Hopefully for everyone concerned we can win some big silverware in the mean time.
      The hyperventilation of this fan base is disturbing...... Unfiltered, unjustified venting without reason or basis.
      I've posted this before and here goes again...

FSG does not shed cash cows....and Liverpool FC has only scratched the surface in terms of monetizing their product and maximizing revenue.

As a long time observer of Henry...I know several of his employees that have been with him for decades...
      As a long time fan of the Boston Red Sox and admirer of the organization's business prowess....
      As an astute observer of FSG's steady expansion of their growing sports empire...

I can categorically state......
      FSG does not shed cash cows.

When I look at Liverpool FC, the Premiere League, and the world soccer landscape through the same lens as I view the NFL and MLB in the states, I honestly believe Liverpool financial potential is unlimited.

In the US...the NFL is king financially despite teams hosting only 8 regular season games.
      Liverpool can schedule matches well beyond their 19 home Premiere League contests in a growing stadium that may one day equal the typical NFL stadium (70k). And lets not ignore the oversized checks Liverpool receives when they take their act on the road for exhibitions throughout the world. Then there are the massive checks from European play

In the US....the NFL shares national/world TV revenue equally.
      Liverpool receives an oversized share of TV revenue whenever LFC takes the field

In the US....MLB relies on stadium/local revenue as the key component of their revenue
      Liverpool's ownership is unparalleled in its ability to maximize stadium/local revenue (Red Sox)

Given just these three factors, plus the explosion in world popularity of English Soccer and Liverpool FC....

RELAX

FSG is in for the long haul, they have a track record of spending and winning. Most importantly.....they fix mistakes quickly and they have never shied from solving problems with big checks.

Frankly.....Liverpool sits in the best position in English futball IMHO. They may not toss money around like a drunken Arab, but they have the intelligence and bank necessary to take Liverpool to new heights.

Sit back and enjoy this squad....a team whose key components (except Mane for the time being) are signed for the long haul.
      Liverpool is in the sweetest of spots right now...a high octane offense, a limiting defense, a coach who can attract elite players.....and huge ambition.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2018 03:00:04 pm by Borg »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24816: Aug 24, 2018 04:00:19 pm
      Apparently the deal led by Sheikh Khaled was put to a halt straight away because they failed to provide the proof of funds, a little amount of 25mill.

To be honest, FSG have vastly improved over the last couple of years so as far as owners go Iā€™m quite happy with them. But, I wouldnā€™t be against them doing what City done and get outside investment of a small percentage, which is what it appears they are searching for. If it allows us to compete more on a financial scale with the likes of City whilst maintaining their financial security of the club, it can only be a good thing.
      The fact this Sheikh being talked about at the moment was having to get backing from a Chinese investment firm and a Swiss hedge fund, had trouble written all over it and is probably why it was immediately rejected. IMO.

Sounds like this sheikh was the cousin who spent his share of the inheritance down at the races.

Quick Reply